[KERNEL][4.9] Dark Ages Último

1freeze

Nov 15, 2019
Dear developer, ask you to do so, when I reboot in recovery and then again in the system % of the charge has not changed. As the Genom or Vimb

suhailit

Jul 1, 2017
Still there are a beep sound. you will hear it when you put your phone fingerprint sensor near to your ear and phone screen must be on. :rolleyes:

btw this is a great kernel thanks dev.

Last edited:

Iceboy-6

Feb 12, 2020
Hi everyone.

I am using the latest aosp extended rom release with dark ages kernel (4.9.209). I can't use properly my dualshock 4 controller in my device by Bluetooth connection (i didn't try wired connection yet).
As far i know judging by what i search on xda, this is a known customs kernel issue (4.x). But i didn't found any solution for vince.

Is there any way to fix it? I saw that Twisted Kernel v20 (Poco, mi mix 2, etc) have a workaround/fix to it, but didn't try it.

Thanks for all your work, this kernel is great.

Reactions: aurismat

aurismat

Jun 17, 2014
Raseiniai
Hi everyone.

I am using the latest aosp extended rom release with dark ages kernel (4.9.209). I can't use properly my dualshock 4 controller in my device by Bluetooth connection (i didn't try wired connection yet).
As far i know judging by what i search on xda, this is a known customs kernel issue (4.x). But i didn't found any solution for vince.

Is there any way to fix it? I saw that Twisted Kernel v20 (Poco, mi mix 2, etc) have a workaround/fix to it, but didn't try it.

Thanks for all your work, this kernel is great.
I have asked about this here, but a tl;dr: getevent returns nothing when my DS4 is connected, no matter if it's Bluetooth or USB. Other controllers(xbox360, some random DInput controller) work just fine.

Check if using getevent gives any output when you press the paired controller's buttons.

Ro_Herz

Nov 25, 2018
I'm trying to find if this suggestion (quote) can fix my "unresponsive screen" issue:
Download kernel auditor, then disable ' schedule workques on awake cpus ti save power '

This trick solved it for me.
But I don't know how to disable this option, because it activates by itself. I think it is because this feature:
Power-efficient workqueue enabled by default

Reactions: Shivaprasad.G.I

bot88

Nov 26, 2014
I'm trying to find if this suggestion (quote) can fix my "unresponsive screen" issue:

But I don't know how to disable this option, because it activates by itself. I think it is because this feature:
Power-efficient workqueue enabled by default
Use official darkness manger app. And enable apply on boot option after that you default settings will overwrite every time you restart you device.

Papercutzz

Apr 12, 2020
Can someone please help?? I'm on HavocOS 3.4 and unable to change the clock speeds (see attached thumbnail).
I could be wrong but i think if you updated the kernel you may have to re-root in order to get oc access again.

In my experience, this can also happen if your cpu is running too warm. The cpu control app I use will not let you change the max cpu speed if the cpu is throttling due to heat. In my case that seems to be somewhere over 40-45c and it has happened to me after flashing a rom while having the phone on charge at the same time. It usually returns to normal shortly.

Last edited:

blacksuan19

Recognized Developer
Aug 7, 2014
kuala Lumpur
blacksuan19.me
aight, finally, there is an update
updates have been rolling as soon as there is a Linux tag upstream, but since none are feature updates I didn't bother to make a post about them,
but this new release has some fixes and new features so it deserves a new name and an official release
anyway, you know the drill, check the third post for changelog and other stuff.

to always stay up to date follow the telegram channel linked in the first post