[KERNEL][5.1.X/M]Despair Kernel R2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lazydognet

Jun 2, 2013
Yeah, really great job. I have some of the best battery performance ever with your kernel. Over 7hours it lost only 1% on wifi. I get 5h screen on as well.
Many many thanks for this kernel!

By the way...can you add the BFQ io scheduler?
Just curious what ROM you are using?

LDN

Jaws4God

May 30, 2009
North Carolina
i Would, but i went back to 5.1.1 because of the wifi issues and it would spare me a lot of time if anyone confirmed it worked before i go to the trouble of flashing back to M2..

same here... Would love to know if some of the major issues were fixed... Wifi, Root, and Video playback were my stopping points...

R102

May 2, 2012
wifi connections fixed? You mean that the issues with wifi on M2 with stock kernel are fixed with this kernel?
can anyone else confirm this?

As multirom user, I use M preview 2 from bokbokrom backup file.
After install Despair Kernel R2, my wifi connection is stable (no more bouncing connect/disconnet)
Root acces granted & clear playing hd video (no greenish)
Big thanks to DespairFactor :good:

Reactions: Jaws4God

migueldbr

Nov 30, 2011
Coimbra
same here... Would love to know if some of the major issues were fixed... Wifi, Root, and Video playback were my stopping points...

Never had any problem with root when i used fastboot to flash.i did have issues when i flashed the first flashable zip because the zip itself had issues
As multirom user, I use M preview 2 from bokbokrom backup file.
After install Despair Kernel R2, my wifi connection is stable (no more bouncing connect/disconnet)
Root acces granted & clear playing hd video (no greenish)
Big thanks to DespairFactor :good:

Awesome, going back to M2 then. Will report back later

EDIT:Reporting back to say that the wifi issues seem solved!But be sure to flash the rom again otherwise they wont be solved. I flashed this on top of another kernel with cache wipes(i know, not supposed to do it) and still had wifi issues. I decided to fastboot flash system.img and boot.img again(because i had no flashable zip since i installed through fastboot, thats why i didnt do it in the first place) and now it seems fixed!

Thanks @DespairFactor

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaws4God

DespairFactor

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Never had any problem with root when i used fastboot to flash.i did have issues when i flashed the first flashable zip because the zip itself had issues

Awesome, going back to M2 then. Will report back later

EDIT:Reporting back to say that the wifi issues seem solved!But be sure to flash the rom again otherwise they wont be solved. I flashed this on top of another kernel with cache wipes(i know, not supposed to do it) and still had wifi issues. I decided to fastboot flash system.img and boot.img again(because i had no flashable zip since i installed through fastboot, thats why i didnt do it in the first place) and now it seems fixed!

Thanks @DespairFactor
That's because I use any kernel, there could have been remnants of other code from the other kernel left.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ss4rob

Sep 4, 2010
I was running Despair M R1.8 on Android M Preview 2 and had wonky Wi-Fi and glitched video. To upgrade, I didn't fastboot flash boot.img & system.img, rather I just flashed the R2 zip directly from TWRP 2.8.6.1 and wiped dalvik/cache. I ~assumed~ I didn't need to do the extra flashing steps since I was just updating the kernel rather than switching, but I'll leave that to developer comment. :) Videos are fixed and Wi-Fi is stable. Thanks for updating.

DespairFactor

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
I was running Despair M R1.8 on Android M Preview 2 and had wonky Wi-Fi and glitched video. To upgrade, I didn't fastboot flash boot.img & system.img, rather I just flashed the R2 zip directly from TWRP 2.8.6.1 and wiped dalvik/cache. I ~assumed~ I didn't need to do the extra flashing steps since I was just updating the kernel rather than switching, but I'll leave that to developer comment. :) Videos are fixed and Wi-Fi is stable. Thanks for updating.

The R2 zip may have replaced the kernel on your device, although flashing from one version of my kernel to a newer version should also work. A dirty flash of your rom or reflashing the stock image is recommended only if you are coming from another kernel.

JulianXhokaxhiu

Aug 14, 2012
julianxhokaxhiu.com
How is it possible that only with your kernel I cannot get recorded videos saved? I'm actually using Google Camera and the app is working fine. With stock kernel of CM12.1 everything works fine. With your kernel does not. Any clue? Any log you may need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    10gkwf9.jpg

This is the home of the new refined Despair Kernel. If you submit bug reports without a log, you may be prosecuted... or executed.

Disclaimer:
    If your device fails to comply with your standards of what you consider functioning, I am not liable. This is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty. Although, if you provide a log, I can provide some sort of assurance that I will look into your issue.

Links:

Source:

YES WE HAVE ROOT!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [KERNEL]Despair Kernel, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    DespairFactor
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2015-05-31
    Last Updated 2015-07-24
    Thank you for your work. ow that root is working, I noticed that clock speed was high, at 2 GHz, even at idle. So, I downloaded Trickster and noted that default CPU governer was performance. Is this intended?

Ah, no problem. I usually edit the Kernel settings to my need anyway. Do you plan to add Color Control, by the way?
    Thanks again.
    It's being added, I am just about to upload R1.4.

EDIT: It is up.
    Just flash it in normal recovery style....
    Besides always make backup for CTRL+Z. .
    Try out code blue, dev has released a build for M preview...

Please do not promote other work within my thread.
    I have just uploaded R2, it should fix some of the issues from the M preview.
    My system uses Android Lollipop 5.1.1 as a primary ROM, Android M is secondary.

Only the kernel of the primary ROM needs kexec support. If Android M is your primary ROM...well...you´re screwed :p

Not for long, new release will have kexec patch, I am compiling it shortly after I add fq_codel:)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone