[KERNEL][5.1.X/M]Despair Kernel R2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ewoks

Nov 11, 2010
Winterthur
Just small remark.. This zips (Kernel and root) can't be sideloaded.. You will get errors: E: footer is wrong, E: signature verification failed ..

So flash with fastboot custom recovery like twrp, then flash those zips from sd card..

Last edited:

miessos

Mar 9, 2010
I think I know what is is but I would need it tested

Had the same problem with Android M Preview 1 (secondary ROM on Multirom) using the R2 build. Just flashed the R1.8 build, tested it and the problem was gone. Reflashed R2 and the problem was there again unfortunately. If you need logcats let me know.

Cheers, M

DespairFactor

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Had the same problem with Android M Preview 1 (secondary ROM on Multirom) using the R2 build. Just flashed the R1.8 build, tested it and the problem was gone. Reflashed R2 and the problem was there again unfortunately. If you need logcats let me know.

Cheers, M

Do you have hangouts? I have an idea of what causes it, it may require a few test builds though.

EDIT: Just pushed R2.1, try it out.

Last edited:

granets

Oct 14, 2011
Vratsa
Changelogs? Is the default scheduler still performance? It made my phone really hot and burnt through my battery very fast, and I could not change it for some reason.

kamots

Jun 28, 2010
Atlanta
I flashed r2.2 over r2 and wiped dalvik and cache before rebooting, and I still have green and purple videos sometimes. Not a big enough deal for me to stress over , since I don't watch YouTube that much anymore

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    10gkwf9.jpg

This is the home of the new refined Despair Kernel. If you submit bug reports without a log, you may be prosecuted... or executed.

Disclaimer:
    If your device fails to comply with your standards of what you consider functioning, I am not liable. This is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty. Although, if you provide a log, I can provide some sort of assurance that I will look into your issue.

Links:

Source:

YES WE HAVE ROOT!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [KERNEL]Despair Kernel, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    DespairFactor
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2015-05-31
    Last Updated 2015-07-24
    Thank you for your work. ow that root is working, I noticed that clock speed was high, at 2 GHz, even at idle. So, I downloaded Trickster and noted that default CPU governer was performance. Is this intended?

Ah, no problem. I usually edit the Kernel settings to my need anyway. Do you plan to add Color Control, by the way?
    Thanks again.
    It's being added, I am just about to upload R1.4.

EDIT: It is up.
    Just flash it in normal recovery style....
    Besides always make backup for CTRL+Z. .
    Try out code blue, dev has released a build for M preview...

Please do not promote other work within my thread.
    I have just uploaded R2, it should fix some of the issues from the M preview.
    My system uses Android Lollipop 5.1.1 as a primary ROM, Android M is secondary.

Only the kernel of the primary ROM needs kexec support. If Android M is your primary ROM...well...you´re screwed :p

Not for long, new release will have kexec patch, I am compiling it shortly after I add fq_codel:)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone