Hari Kernel for S21(+)/Ultra (Exynos)

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

This kernel is meant to be used only with GSIs. Do not use this on Stock (OneUI) based ROMs.
This kernel includes some fixes for GSIs. You can read about installing GSIs and their Bug list here

Supported Deivces
- SM-G991B/N
- SM-G996B/N
- SM-G998B/N

Features
- Disabled Knox
- Permissive
- Upstreamed to 5.4.131
- Removed 60Hz mode from dts. (This is needed to fix 120Hz on GSIs)
- More to be added

Instructions
  1. Boot into TWRP
  2. Flash GSI and folow the instructions here

Changelog/Downloads

Telegram Group

Kernel Source
Thanks to ivan_meler for a lot of help
Thanks to afaneh92 for kernel source/base

Last edited:

pajn

Aug 13, 2009
Except for non working hotspot as mentioned I have no media volume control. Everything plays at max volume and volume slider does nothing. Also Google Pay does not work.

EDIT: Got help in telegram. For GPay you need to set up magisk and saftynet fix module. I skipped magisk first time since I didn't care for root but it's important just for hiding features.
Volume control worked on second try and is supposed to work so maybe I screwed something up first time or just some random failure.

Everything is a bit big on screen and looks slight off with default settings. To fix/workaround go to developer options and change "Smallest width" from 360 to 392.

Last edited:

Kumjar

Feb 16, 2022
Hey , it's me Umjar from the telegram channel. I bricked my device trying to flash pe gsi. It's stuck in a bootloop and won't enter recovery or download because I can't get it to shut down. I followed every step flashed everything in right order. Pls help

Kyruf

Jun 24, 2014
Venice
Hey , it's me Umjar from the telegram channel. I bricked my device trying to flash pe gsi. It's stuck in a bootloop and won't enter recovery or download because I can't get it to shut down. I followed every step flashed everything in right order. Pls help
hey try to connect it to pc and spam a reboot recovery from adb. it will probably need several tryes but it should work

Yuri3G

Mar 4, 2022
Please, LTE ONLY and VoLTE and full screen apps

Last edited:

Lemagex

Feb 18, 2013
Melbourne
Google Pixel 4a
I'm really interested in this, my biggest regret swapping to Samsung has been the bloat and battery life.
Anyone have any better battery life using GSI? Or worse? How is the battery compared to stock?
TIA.

Battery life is nice so far. Loving PE.

Last edited:

FloFloFlow

Dec 29, 2014
Except for non working hotspot as mentioned I have no media volume control. Everything plays at max volume and volume slider does nothing. Also Google Pay does not work.

EDIT: Got help in telegram. For GPay you need to set up magisk and saftynet fix module. I skipped magisk first time since I didn't care for root but it's important just for hiding features.
Volume control worked on second try and is supposed to work so maybe I screwed something up first time or just some random failure.

Everything is a bit big on screen and looks slight off with default settings. To fix/workaround go to developer options and change "Smallest width" from 360 to 392.
Only Universal SafetyNet Fix ? No MagiskHide Props ?
Because I can't run "props" of MagiskHide I don't know why...

edit : actually fix here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...p-edits-and-more-v6-1-2.3789228/post-86780359

Can pass SafetyNet with just the Universal SafetyNet Fix but my phone is still recognized as rooted. Don't know how to fix this.

Last edited:

FloFloFlow

Dec 29, 2014
It was nice to have stock Android on my S21 but too many bugs on GSIs I gave up. Too bad thank you for your job anyway.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hari Kernel for S21(+)/Ultra (Exynos)

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

This kernel is meant to be used only with GSIs. Do not use this on Stock (OneUI) based ROMs.
    This kernel includes some fixes for GSIs. You can read about installing GSIs and their Bug list here

Supported Deivces
    - SM-G991B/N
    - SM-G996B/N
    - SM-G998B/N

Features
    - Disabled Knox
    - Permissive
    - Upstreamed to 5.4.131
    - Removed 60Hz mode from dts. (This is needed to fix 120Hz on GSIs)
    - More to be added

Instructions
    1. Boot into TWRP
    2. Flash GSI and folow the instructions here

Changelog/Downloads

Telegram Group

Kernel Source
    Thanks to ivan_meler for a lot of help
    Thanks to afaneh92 for kernel source/base