[kernel][6.0.1] berserk [18/7/16]

Do you need 650MHz GPU OC???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

pablo.see

I think you got the wake up problems because of the bug I mentioned a while ago, seems like on some devices zen decision gets stuck on one core only after changing from mpdecision or msm hotplug. Maybe I'm wrong, but I also experienced a noticeable lag both during use and wake up. If you want to use zen decision, you can fix it by selecting governors again after enabling zen decision, it will solve your problem. But maybe you experience the other issues that I mentioned too, which makes the hotplug unreliable, in that case its better to just switch to MSM. I've been using it for some time and i get a good balance between performance and battery life. Same issue on uber 7.0 version, no difference. It's your model by any chance a 2014813?

Thanks for detailed info. Nope, my phone is 2014817 version.

Reactions: kenymccornick

kenymccornick

Dec 1, 2013
Toledo
Thanks for detailed info. Nope, my phone is 2014817 version.

My pleasure. Not sure it's the same issue as on my device, you can check and let us know. To reproduce, just choose msm as your hotplug, disable it, enable zen decision, and go see how many cores are online. If only one, select governor again and check how many cores are online then.

pablo.see

My pleasure. Not sure it's the same issue as on my device, you can check and let us know. To reproduce, just choose msm as your hotplug, disable it, enable zen decision, and go see how many cores are online. If only one, select governor again and check how many cores are online then.

On Zen decision only core is active. With MSM, all four are working.
Edit
After manually enabling, four cores are working with Zen hotplug, but don't go offline.

Last edited:

kenymccornick

Dec 1, 2013
Toledo
On Zen decision only core is active. With MSM, all four are working.
Edit
After manually enabling, four cores are working with Zen hotplug, but don't go offline.

Not sure I understand... Make sure you have more than 15% battery. zen decision should have 4 cores online if you have more than 15% battery, and only 1 core if you have 15% or less, that's how it's supposed to be. MSM can have 1, 2, 3 or 4 cores online, depending on the situation. The bug I mentioned is that, when you change from MSM to Zen (assuming you have more than 15% battery), Zen will only have one core online. With only one core online my device gets very laggy, takes time to wake up screen, has slow reboots and errors, etc. and MAYBE that's what you were experiencing. If you then select any CPU governor, Zen will online the 4 cores as it's supposed to, and they won't go offline unless the screen is off or you have 15% battery or less. That's normal, don't worry.

Ashish94

Sep 19, 2015
Kolkata
My device, 2014819 (Brazil) does not connect to 4G using this kernel... its a kernel problem or ROM? 4G/LTE = Band7-2600MHz specifically
I didn't touch anything related to network. Which ROM?? If it's cm13 based there shouldn't be any problem.
Yup the bloody mpdecision is causing problems. It was enabled by deafult though. Please make zen default
I'm keeping default setting close to kumajaya's kernel. Next time before enabling some other hotplug disable the previous one.

Sent from my 2014818 using Tapatalk

Ashish94

Sep 19, 2015
Kolkata
Need a little help from you guys.
Can anyone flash this new build and report if there is any issue with music player like songs stopping/freezing midway
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2_mFAT8KtIZWVBqbHJZS3h1N0k/view?usp=drivesdk
I don't know if this a ROM bug or a kernel bug(due to my upstream audio merges in the kernel). Please try with stock music player and a third party app like Poweramp.

kenymccornick

Dec 1, 2013
Toledo
Need a little help from you guys.
Can anyone flash this new build and report if there is any issue with music player like songs stopping/freezing midway
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2_mFAT8KtIZWVBqbHJZS3h1N0k/view?usp=drivesdk
I don't know if this a ROM bug or a kernel bug(due to my upstream audio merges in the kernel). Please try with stock music player and a third party app like Poweramp.
I did Ashish. No issues here. Does it happen with every song or just occasionally? I'll keep trying to reproduce and report later.

Reactions: Ashish94

kenymccornick

Dec 1, 2013
Toledo
Occasionally. Yesterday I was listening to songs on Poweramp v3 when I noticed this issue. BTW I'm on cm13 nightly 21/4.

OK, I'll keep testing, but I'm on snapshot 20160417 and with the latest Poweramp V2.

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

OK so... after more testing these are the settings that I'm more pleased with (for now), just thought I would share in case anyone wants to try:

1. Balanced:
- CPU: 200 to 1.2
- Governor: Impulse
- Hotplug: MSM, default settings
- GPU: 100 to 310
- Governor: simple_on demand
- I/O: zen, 128kb (for both internal and SD if your SD is 8 GB or less like mine)
- KSM: enabled
- TCP: Westwood
- Vibration: 50%

2. Performance/Gaming:
- CPU: 400 to 1.4
- Governor: elementalx
- GPU: 200 to 465
- Governor: msm-adreno-tz
- the rest same as above. Optionally, if you just play for a short time and want to experience the best performance, just choose both performance governors at max frequency, but the phone will heat up (and maybe explode, LOL:p:D)

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Definitely not the ROM, I'm using the same one. Maybe go to the CM thread and see if people with your model are experiencing the same issue. What model do you have? Like HM20148..

Another profile guys, just in case that you are having issues with Zen decision to work reliably like I do:

3. Battery saving
- CPU: 200 to 1094
- Governor: zzmove
- CPU governor tunables: "profile" set to "zzbatp" (or set "profile_number" to "5", same thing)
- GPU: 100 to 200
- Governor: powersave
- I/O: noop
- KSM: disabled
- Vibration: 0%

This is a profile that is intended to save battery to perform basic functions when you are running out, your phone WILL lag. How I use it: I set battery saver (under Android Settings>Battery) to activate at 15%, and activate this profile manually when battery saver kicks in. At the same time, I use tugabrowser (based on chromium for Qualcomm devices) and enable power save mode. Optionally, you could also enable adaptive brightness under display settings and set it to the minimum level (it will be lower than if you don't enable adaptive brightness in most of the cases).

That's it, your phone will last forever with very little battery while being able to text, call, browse, etc. normally. I also tested what happens after reboot, waking up the screen, etc. due to the issue I had with zen decision and because I saw other people worry as well. No errors or slow boot at all! Your phone will boot normally, the screen will wake up normally, etc. the only thing you'll notice it's lag during use, but bearable. Lastly, you can also do all this at any time, not just when battery saver kicks in at 15%, just select "Power save" under battery modes and battery saver mode (orange status bar) will kick in. I mention this because if, like me, sometimes you have long trips, camping, festivals, etc. and you need to make your phone last as much as you can while being able to use it, this will come in handy. Hope it helps! :)

Reactions: Ashish94

davidben73

Oct 3, 2012
OK, I'll keep testing, but I'm on snapshot 20160417 and with the latest Poweramp V2.

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Another profile guys, just in case that you are having issues with Zen decision to work reliably like I do:

3. Battery saving
- CPU: 200 to 1094
- Governor: zzmove
- CPU governor tunables: "profile" set to "zzbatp" (or set "profile_number" to "5", same thing)
- GPU: 100 to 200
- Governor: powersave
- I/O: noop
- KSM: disabled
- Vibration: 0%

This is a profile that is intended to save battery to perform basic functions when you are running out, your phone WILL lag. How I use it: I set battery saver (under Android Settings>Battery) to activate at 15%, and activate this profile manually when battery saver kicks in. At the same time, I use tugabrowser (based on chromium for Qualcomm devices) and enable power save mode. Optionally, you could also enable adaptive brightness under display settings and set it to the minimum level (it will be lower than if you don't enable adaptive brightness in most of the cases).

That's it, your phone will last forever with very little battery while being able to text, call, browse, etc. normally. I also tested what happens after reboot, waking up the screen, etc. due to the issue I had with zen decision and because I saw other people worry as well. No errors or slow boot at all! Your phone will boot normally, the screen will wake up normally, etc. the only thing you'll notice it's lag during use, but bearable. Lastly, you can also do all this at any time, not just when battery saver kicks in at 15%, just select "Power save" under battery modes and battery saver mode (orange status bar) will kick in. I mention this because if, like me, sometimes you have long trips, camping, festivals, etc. and you need to make your phone last as much as you can while being able to use it, this will come in handy. Hope it helps! :)
Hello there, i curious about your tips for saving battery. But how to enable your profile automatically when battery reach 15%? Do you use KA feature or something? Because i have no clue about it

Sent from my 2014817 using XDA-Developers mobile app

DecaPix

Aug 2, 2010
can confirm the wake up bug as well.
i am using 2014817. think it's too much UV?
revert back to Tesla kernel and all good

Saurabh_Umadikar

Apr 7, 2015
Getting a new bug here, after a rebooting my device after a battery calibration from 0-100% I am unable to change the governor my ElementalX to any other.
Before switching the phone OFF at 0% I kept it at 0% but now its not changing whatever I do.
Enabled only one Hotplug ZenDecision and all other settings are same as mentioned in the OP for Balanced mode.
Using KA app from the link mentioned in the OP ( infact received the OTA update for that App this morning for build v7 and I installed it).
Even tried wiping cache and Data of the KA App.
Please look into this matter.

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

Getting a new bug here, after a rebooting my device after a battery calibration from 0-100% I am unable to change the governor my ElementalX to any other.
Before switching the phone OFF at 0% I kept it at 0% but now its not changing whatever I do.
Enabled only one Hotplug ZenDecision and all other settings are same as mentioned in the OP for Balanced mode.
Using KA app from the link mentioned in the OP ( infact received the OTA update for that App this morning for build v7 and I installed it).
Even tried wiping cache and Data of the KA App.
Please look into this matter.

Quoting myself, Now after reinstalling the v6 KA App and wiping cache and Dalvik cache.
The Governor is now stuck on Interactive and is not changing at all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    [COLOR="green"][B]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, dead cats,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.  
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will go
     * #Berserk :D:D
     */[/B][/COLOR]

XOGZVLP.png
    FEATURES:
    • Unlocked CPU frequency to 1.4GHz
    • Unlocked GPU frequency to 465MHz
    • Available CPU governors: adaptive, darkness, smartmax, elementalXv2, zzmoove, impulse, despair, lionfish, barry_allen, ondemand, bioshock, interactive and performance
    • Available I/O Schedulers: noop, deadline, row, sio, sioplus, vr, tripndroid, cfq, bfq, fiops, and zen
    • Available CPU hotplugs: mpdecision, zen decision, msm, mako, state helper and msm sleeper
    • Vibration intensity control
    • Faux sound control 3.6
    • Dt2w support
    • DriveDroid support
    • Multirom support
    • KCAL advanced color control
    • Fsync on/off support
    • Advanced TCP congestion algorithms: cubic, reno, bic, westwood, highspeed, hybla, htcp, vegas, veno, scalable, lp, yeah and illinois
    • Exfat 1.2.9 support
    • NTFS R/W support
    • State notifier
    • Adreno idler
    • HID USB Keyboard & Mouse support (Download this app )
    • USB fast charge
    • Optimized KSM
    • Frandom
      for more check my github commits
    INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
    • Download the zip file and save it into the root directory of internal/external storage
    • Reboot into recovery
    • Mount system, data and cache
    • Flash the zip and reboot(NO NEED TO WIPE CACHE AND DALVIK)
    OPTIMAL SETTINGS:
    Optimal settings for balanced performance and battery life:
    CPU frequency:- 200MHz to 1.2GHz
    GPU frequency:- 100MHz to 310MHz
    CPU governor:- impulse/interactive anyone you wish
    Hotplug:- zen decision
    TCP:- Westwood
    Vibration intensity:- 50%
    KSM:- enabled
    Screen:- set preset to DeepBlack Colorful[This is optional but it makes screen color crispy]

Optimal settings for performance during gaming:-
    CPU frequency:- 400MHz to 1.4GHz
    GPU frequency:- 100MHz to 465MHz

FAQs:
    Q. what is the difference between your normal and jerrica builds?
    A. normal build is based on official CM source and jerrica is based on premaca's official xiaomi source

Q. why CPU frequencies are not changing even after setting min and max values in kernel adiutor?
    A. simple go to hotplugs, disable mpdecision and enable some other hotplug

Q. why is charging so slow?
    A. sorry can't help I never faced this issue, even with stock cm13 kernel my device gets charged within 2hrs
    one thing I can suggest is stick to a ROM for a week
    by sticking to a ROM I mean don't even flash nightlies

Q. what is drivedroid?
    A. DriveDroid is an Android application that allows you to boot your PC from ISO/IMG files stored on your phone.
    more info here: http://softwarebakery.com/projects/drivedroid

Q. okay you have given us a balanced profile what about a battery oriented profile?
    A. sorry, with the settings I have given above I already get 5-6hrs of SOT which is optimal for a 2200mAh battery, so if you are asking about a profile which will give about 7-8hrs of SOT stop dreaming.

CREDITS:
    Thanks a lot to these super awesome developers from whom I kanged the features:
    DespairFactor
    neobuddy89
    faux123
    franciscofranco
    ak
    savoca
    premaca
    dorimanx
    jcadduono
    arter97
    psndna88
    myfluxi
    osm0sis
    pelya
    flar2
    zanezam
    placiano
    sultanqasim
    jamison904
    javilonas
    Cl3Kener
    bbedward
    andip71
    varunchitre15
    imoseyon
    FrozenCow

Thanks a lot to my awesome testers:
    @Salahxda6805
    @Zeus
    @shah2007
    @Shubhamfame
    @sumitkolhe37
    @parvejsolkar
    @HRS24X7

XDA:DevDB Information
    Berserk Kernel, Kernel for the Xiaomi Redmi 2

Contributors
    Ashish94, ketut.kumajaya
    Source Code: https://github.com/AshishM94/android_kernel_wingtech_msm8916

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2016-07-18

Created 2016-02-28
    Last Updated 2016-07-18
    Hi guys what's up
    Looking at the sheer number of times my kernel has been downloaded I have decided not to stop the development here not until kumajaya loses his interest in this device. The only reason I decided to stop development was that I was not fully satisfied with the kernel. No matter how hard I tried stuttering,lags and jitter were still there and with each and every build it got worse and worse along with new bugs like touchscreen unresponsive during charging n all.
    So now I have decided to build the kernel completely from scratch. I have learnt a lot with previous berserks and now I'm going to improve upon them. The previous versions of berserk were more of fan service with tons of unneeded governors and schedulers. A fu**edup OC of 1.4ghz with no significant performance gains. Features like wakeup boost and hotplug boost which didn't boost at all.
    OK I want to cut my speech in here and give you the download link to new fresh berserk
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2_mFAT8KtIZZFozbk04N3ZEUHc/view?usp=docslist_api
    It's still at beta stage so most of the features are missing. As of now these are the only features-
    *Linux version 3.10.49(will update to .100 in later build)
    *no custom governors
    *fiops is the only custom scheduler and this one is completely different from the previous one.
    *faux sound
    *intellithermal
    *kcal advanced color control v2
    *intelliplug v4.0 (this one is completely different. I have cherrypicked it from the original developer)
    * -O3 optimizations (the previous berserk had O2)
    *removed zram and zsmalloc
    *frontswap, zbud, zswap and vnswap (these four are the first in any kernel for redmi 2)
    And a lot more under the hood features.
    So now I want all you wonderful guys to download the build and give me feedback.
    Please don't report anything like my battery life is only 5hrs. On miui I used to 6-7hrs n all. I won't reply to all such comments. Remember this is not miui but a kernel which didn't have a source a few days earlier. Even the source they released is crap. Battery life depends on a lot of factors like if you are gaming expect a drop in battery, then whether you are using internet with WiFi or mobile data the latter drains battery fast. You may also need to calibrate your battery.
    OK then bye goodnight and happy flashing.
    Ah! Forgot to add the new source

https://github.com/BerserkDev/berserk_wt88047

Achievement unlocked: 1.9GHz OC ?
    16a75b5ec9bafc815a037959d3134941.jpg

new builds uploaded :D
    changelogs;
    bk-130616
    *kernel: merged caf tag LA.BR.1.2.7-02710-8x16.0
    *prima: updated to LA.BR.1.2.6_rb1.14
    *upstream merges from CM