[kernel][6.0.1] leanKernel v1.8 (6/24/16)

Search This thread

th3discodancer

Oct 20, 2011
Thanks a lot for this.. Is this the 10.3 DU with the 1.7 lk?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yes, I imagine so. :)

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Nice, just replaced the ramdisk? Did you preserve the leanKernel mods in the ramdisk?
Shouldn't the extracted boot.img from @zymohad 's build work to the same effect when flashed on an already installed ROM?

zymphad

Jul 17, 2013
OnePlus 9
Nice, just replaced the ramdisk? Did you preserve the leanKernel mods in the ramdisk?

Your kernel builds really well inline with AOSP based roms. It's been my choice of kernels for any AOSP rom.

Thanks a lot for this.. Is this the 10.3 DU with the 1.7 lk?

Latest DU w/ lean 1.7 few additions. You can google XDA Kernel Adiutor-Mod to use all the features.

Last edited:

danmaman

Jan 15, 2012
Lean kernel update

Hi @Imoseyon
sorry and I know this is the wrong thread, I come from the N6 shamu thread
But one question.... Will you update the lean kernel as well for N6 shamu? If you have time
I mean with the latest patches and so on....

This kernel is awesome
I never had a better battery and SOT with other kernels like this one....

Here is my post

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=67374836&postcount=5440

I say thanks in advance for that
and I'm very sorry for posting here in 6p thread

Cheers

zymphad

Jul 17, 2013
OnePlus 9
Since Anykernel2 format isn't used, will flashing this over PureNexus stock kernel wipe the systemless root?

His ramdisk has support for systemless root. He updated again recently.

For those who like AOSiP and leanKernel 1.8 (+ my own additions to the kernel, High Brightness Mode, ElementalX, Bioshock, intelliactive, bfq, fiops, westwood, wakelock, slight OC from flar2 and DespairFactor, UberTC 4.9 -O3)
- I recommend using Kernel Adiuator Mod on XDA
- I use ElementalX, fiops, wakelock, westwood, no OC, auto High Brightness Mode for when I'm in sunlight.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24588212152304497

Last edited:

berto1014

Jan 29, 2011
I would like to follow up my post about the crashing on 1.8. I did a full factory restore to the latest July security release. I also wiped data. Reinstalled lean kernel 1.8 and still got random reboots. Reverted to 1.7 and haven't had a reboot since. I will keep this post up to date, but something isn't quite right with 1.8... at least on my phone.

th3discodancer

Oct 20, 2011
I would like to follow up my post about the crashing on 1.8. I did a full factory restore to the latest July security release. I also wiped data. Reinstalled lean kernel 1.8 and still got random reboots. Reverted to 1.7 and haven't had a reboot since. I will keep this post up to date, but something isn't quite right with 1.8... at least on my phone.
Might have something related to the fact that 1.8 is based off of June patches and the ROM that you're using, I'm assuming, is on July's?

nathanchance

Senior Recognized Developer / Recognized Contribut
Jul 22, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Hi @Imoseyon
please please can you keep the N6 shamu thread alive with new updates (july patch) for example
one of the greatest kernel.....and no more updates??

please
Thanks in advance
best regards
Real life takes precedence sometimes. Either be patient or take up development yourself to add those updates (since we are on a development site).

drbveb88

Mar 7, 2011
Northern Virginia
His ramdisk has support for systemless root. He updated again recently.

For those who like AOSiP and leanKernel 1.8 (+ my own additions to the kernel, High Brightness Mode, ElementalX, Bioshock, intelliactive, bfq, fiops, westwood, wakelock, slight OC from flar2 and DespairFactor, UberTC 4.9 -O3)
- I recommend using Kernel Adiuator Mod on XDA
- I use ElementalX, fiops, wakelock, westwood, no OC, auto High Brightness Mode for when I'm in sunlight.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24588212152304497
Hi Zymphad,
I am big fan of lean kernel and Aosip. Really like the build you posted here.
I was wondering if you updated with the latest Aosip? If so, could you be so kind to share. Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    leanKernel is not for everyone.

My philosophy is to keep the kernel footprint as small as possible by trimming as much fat as possible, and at the same time keeping it stable, power efficient, and fast. leanKernel is designed to be a drop in replacement for stock kernel, and so it tries not to deviate too far from stock.

You will find that it's lacking some of the bells and whistles of other custom kernels, so if you like features you came to the wrong thread. :)

Here's a longer post on what leanKernel is about.

DOWNLOAD (flash in recovery)

PREREQUISITE
    Unlocked bootloader, custom recovery installed, rooted (if lkconfig is needed)

FEATURES
    • updated to latest 3.10 Linux
    • interactiveX - screen_off_maxfreq support (governor name was not changed from interactive)
    • compile optimized for cortex-a57/a53 and other gcc 4.9 optimizations. (toolchain: sabermod)
    • various performance/stability optimizations
    • fat trimmed by removing unnecessary components/features
    • force encryption turned off (changed to encryptable), /system verification disabled
    • lkconfig (lk) script for customizing leankernel (see below)
    • kcal color control (thanks to @savoca)
    • random generation optimization including e/frandom support, no need to tweak entropy
    • cherry-picked commits from CAF repo
    • wakelock control (wlan_rx)
    • display cpu voltages via sysfs (via compatible apps)
    • replaced deadline i/o scheduler with sioplus
    • a53/a57 overclock frequences (enable via lkconfig)
    • more to come!

lkconfig
    Open terminal app, disable "Verify PATH entries" in setting, become superuser, then type "lkconfig" (or "lk") without quotes
    Code:
    [email protected]:/ $ su
    [email protected]:/ # lk

leanKernel configurator
    ---
    0) display current settings

1) wake gesture control
    2) wakelock control
    3) rgb/picture control
    4) interactiveX control
    5) cpu overclock control

21) check top 10 wake locks (ie. wakeup sources)

please enter a number (or press enter to exit):

Push bullet channel: imoseyon

source: https://github.com/imoseyon/leanKernel-angler
    I'm sorry for completely being MIA guys. I had some major personal issues which prevented me from spending time on kernel development.

I'm not 100% back yet, but I did spend some time on the v1.7 update: https://github.com/imoseyon/leanKernel-angler/releases/tag/v1.7

I tried the stock kernel that came with mtc19v and I hated it. Hopefully leanKernel is better than stock haha. I haven't even tried the N-preview yet. Enjoy guys...
    Hey guys!!!

I apologize for completely being AWOL. :( I've been terribly busy with personal life and work.

I keep saying to myself that I'll come back when I have a decent Nougat leanKernel, but the truth of the matter is that I just haven't had time to produce anything good. I tried for a couple of days and the end result was a very unstable alpha (at least to my standards). And then I haven't had a chance to try again.

I am coming back at some point in the near future, but I think what it may end up being is a leanKernel lite, something very close to stock. See you guys soon, hopefully!
    v1.5 is up:

https://github.com/imoseyon/leanKernel-angler/releases/tag/v1.5

I also added an option to clean up memory and hotboot OS in lkconfig. I noticed that there seems to be some sort of memory leak/bloat in marshmallow that appears to manifest after 3-4 days of continuous usage without reboot. The lkconfig option should help with that without having to cold boot the phone.
    v1.6.1 is up: https://github.com/imoseyon/leanKernel-angler/releases/tag/v1.6.1

Sorry for the delay guys. Both the standard and CM builds are on github now (above link).

EDIT: microphone issue fixed now in v1.6.1
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone