/* * kernvatore-angler.c * -------------------------- * YOUR WARRANTY IS NOW VOID * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * sick/abused animals, thermonuclear war or you getting * fired because you missed your alarm. * * Do some research if you have any concerns about features * included in this kernel BEFORE flashing it! * * YOU ALONE are choosing to make these modifications, * and if you try to blame me for messing up your own * device, I will drink your tears. */
Kernvatore is intended to be a super light and lean kernel, much like leanKernel or ElementalX. Kernvatore only exists because Imoseyon has not been able to update leanKernel in a while, and I miss his kernel very much. Though I would never claim my kernel compares to the great leanKernel, I do aim to make it as close to the original lk experience as possible. The only place where this kernel really deviates from lk is the included I/O schedulers. However, including additional ones does NOT make this kernel any less lean, so no need to worry. I know some people love to change settings, even if you recommend they don't, so I just want to provide ample choices in that department. I have no desire to add new CPU governors at this time, as most of them are highly unstable and have been ported many times between devices.
- Built from the latest Oreo sources
- InteractiveX V4 governor is the default (replaced original interactive)
- KCAL color control support from @savoca
- Optimized for cortex-a57/a53 and built using UBERTC optimized 4.9.x toolchain
- Performance/stability optimizations
- Some unnecessary features were removed/disabled
- No F2FS support currently (trying to find time to merge upstream f2fs again)
- Full SDCARDFS support
- Synced with upstream to the latest 3.10.x version (currently 3.10.105)
- Disabled forceencrypt to widen adoption
- No longer patched with any root solution as of v2.x, so you can choose your own root adventure
- Removed dm-verity
- Filter ro.boot.verifiedbootstate from /proc/cmdline (for SafetyNet checks - Android Pay/PoGo/whatever)
- Some code pulled from CAF repo directly, likely more to come in the future
- Enabled deadline and ROW I/O schedulers (both built-ins, but disabled by default)
- Added FIOPS, SIO, SIO+, Zen I/O schedulers - FIOPS is the default.
- Kexec support with hardboot
- Config access via /proc/config.gz - mostly for us nerds
- Disabled ZRAM and swap
- Rudimentary support for init.d scripts in /system/init.d using run-parts (but neither the zip nor the kernel's ramdisk will EVER mount your system RW, so this does not enable support where it doesn't already exist).
- Gesture sleep/wake support
- FauxSound support
- More features will be added as I see fit, as long as they don't add too much "heft" to the kernel.
Downloads and Changelog
Kernvatore N6P, Kernel for the Huawei Nexus 6P
vt0r, imoseyon, franciscofranco, googy_anas, flar2, ryanbg
Source Code: https://github.com/vt0r/kernvatore-angler
Kernel Special Features:
Current Stable Version: 3.11
Stable Release Date: 2018-02-14
Last Updated 2018-02-14