Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Martichou

Jun 12, 2016
Namur
martichou.me
Reserved

So this post will be dedicated to information about EAS in general.

EAS is a completely different breed compared to the conventional HMP system, where it serves an entirely different purpose of achieving the optimal balance between performance and efficiency, with the latter taking the top spot. EAS achieves that via cleverer tasks placement, by which the system determines which is the more efficient cluster for the task to be processed by, as well as categorising the different tasks into cgroups (top-app, foreground and background, in order from highest priority to lowest priority respectively) by which each cgroup receives its sliver of the available firepower (cpuset). EAS also offers the capability of inflating the perceived load, that's determined by the load trackers, of the task in any of the cgroups via its schedtune.boost setting, and whether the task should be processed by all the cpu cores available or only by the cluster the task has been placed on via its schedtune.prefer_idle setting. One of the key features of EAS is lifting almost all the processing from the governor to the CPU scheduler (no it is not the I/O scheduler, something different) and letting it take much much more control, leaving the CPU governor to only do the frequency determination part, which unsurprisingly relies heavily on data supplied by the scheduler. With all that said, it is easily deduced that EAS is not all about governors and governor settings and the like, rather a much cleverer solution that serves the purpose of seeking the best balance between performance and efficiency, and to ensure the CPU is not overdoing a task or the CPU governor is overshooting a simple task, which would attribute to needlessly draining a lot of power as a natural consequence. EAS is about ensuring you get the smoothest UI possible while retaining as much power as possible. However, that does not mean that EAS is lame poor when it comes to performance. Sometimes, if not in most cases, this cleverer tasks placement makes tasks get processed faster, a point that is already proved quite well by the EAS-supporting non-OOS based custom ROMs like VertexOS, ZeNiTy-RR and PAEX. Conserving battery does not necessarily mean crushing performance. This explains that app launches are on-par with HMP if not ahead of it sometimes.

Now on to your question. After going through that brief explanation of EAS, i think your question is actually invalid, since it is not an apple-to-apple comparison anymore. EAS seeks for the optimal balance between performance and efficiency. Should there be a commit to improve performance while not being at the expense of efficiency, EAS should have that stuffed in, whereas HMP is prioritising performance higher than efficiency by design. What Burnout does is taking HMP and making it even more performance oriented, hence it is very unlikely to face micro lags with it. However, HMP still misses the cleverer tasks placement, which can show its canines if you have so much processes going in the background, where in that area EAS takes the lead quite noticeably.

Conclusion: You should try and see what suits you more. But something i can safely say is, EAS is more than satisfactory when it comes to performance from the perspective of a man that always seeks the best performance available, and with the battery gains you yield with EAS, it can go better.

Hope i helped and clear the confusion.

Thanks to @Freak07 for the message.

Martichou

Jun 12, 2016
Namur
martichou.me
Reserved

This post will be dedicated to information about Wireguard in general.

WireGuard is a next generation secure VPN tunnel for the Linux kernel, with modern yet conservative cryptography and simple design principles. It is meant as a replacement for OpenVPN and for IPsec, and generally has better performance and security characteristics than both. It also is much easier to use. The whitepaper was peer reviewed for NDSS17 and the protocol itself has been formally verified. Since it lives in the kernel, it not only is very fast, but it is able to integrate in clever ways that are quite nice for battery life and overall smoothness. There are already commercial VPN providers offering services using WireGuard, and it is very easy to run your own WireGuard servers as well.

How to use?

0. Make sure you're running a ROM or kernel that supports WireGuard.

1. Install the WireGuard app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wireguard.android

2. Sign up for AzireVPN: https://manager.azirevpn.com/en/auth/register

3. Generate and download a configuration file from: https://www.azirevpn.com/cfg/wg

4. Import it into the WireGuard app using "Add from file"

5. You're done

mrbojangle69

Jan 13, 2012
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
My first impression is that the overall performance has improved, lightning fast responsive touch. Glad to see sound control added, finally I can set up the output speaker desired level when needed. Changed the tcp congestion to westwood as my preference over cubic.

Good job done with the Alize kernel, congratulations to the developer.

Enviado desde mi XT1805 mediante Tapatalk

mrbojangle69

Jan 13, 2012
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Pixel Experience rom + Alize kernel
Most of the time wi-fi, G+, Tapatalk, Telegram, Chrome, YouTube... normal usage.

Enviado desde mi XT1805 mediante Tapatalk

Attachments

• Screenshot_Settings_20180109-210842.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20180109-210842.png
    107.9 KB · Views: 2,326
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok so !
    As some of you reported FC bug, I will tell you that I'm aware of this kind of bug on Potter (Moto G5Plus)
    But I didn't know if it was the same for Sanders, and it look like it's same. I'm already working since 3 days to fix this. Meanwhile I recommend all of you to go back to vSeven until the next update !

I'm sorry for this.
    Download: click here !

Our new website: http://al-ice.me
    Our telegram group: https://t.me/joinchat/EWMwLkNn0rIRNNctA75U3A

AL-ice (New name) build.

- Everything was redone.
    - EAS 1.5
    - Wireguard still here
    - RCU updated
    - Binder updated
    - With Clang 6

ENJOY ;)
    AlizeEAS - SANDERS

What's new? (vSeven)
    - Upstreamed to 3.18.92
    - EAS is reimplemented from Google's commits.
    - ‎Schedutil is default cpu governor.

Download: Click here
    Having got incredibly frustrated with all this Telegram stuff and, it seems, people being unable to understand the simple request "can you post a link to the latest version" I signed up to Telegram long enough to find the link to the latest version.

So here it is - version 20. No Telegram, just a link you can click on on Github (one just needs to know it exists - but as a Github project it's openly available). It seems as if they've switched from Sourceforge to Github somewhere along the line and not updated the original post.

https://github.com/AlizeKernel/aliz...AlizeEASw_Clang-8.x_vTwenty-64bit-Sanders.zip

(I am not sure why mods aren't stomping on this Telegram stuff that's getting more and more prevalent on here, seeing as how it's a clear attempt to direct people away from XDA - but hey).
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone