Jul 8, 2011
paris
Xiaomi Mi 11
Google Pixel 6a
photo_2022-08-09_21-46-54.jpg

tlxxxsracer

Jul 28, 2010
San Jose
you would have had to disable it on flashing vbmeta or the beta image. If you didn't then it is enabled, which is causing the issue possible. Try flashing your vbmeta like below

Code:
fastboot flash --disable-verity vbmeta vbmeta.img

EDIT: it will NOT force you to wipe doing it this way
Do you need to disable verity even if rooted and flashing via FKM?

DespairFactor

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Thanks! I downgraded my 6a back to Android 12 bc having weird fingerprint issues with A13 beta 4. Just flashed the "new" Despair A12 build successfully.
yeah new one was created because someone mentioned having random reboots. Not sure if isolated to the kernel or his magisk modules though. Feel free to join the telegram chat as well.

Reactions: kkjb

DespairFactor

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
New builds up for A12 with full lto, currently testing if there is a true difference between thinlto and lto. I want to determine if the compile time increase actually benefits the code on device.

A13 build coming shortly

EDIT: A13 build is up

Last edited:

neo_lithic3K

May 12, 2013
San Francisco
Google Pixel 6a
For A12
With Despair-V2.00-6A-NEW.zip, I already noticed a difference; everything felt more responsive and snappier.

Now with Despair-V2.00-6A-LTO.zip, everything feels even faster (like WOW faster)... the way 6a should have been. ( I've only tested for a few minutes though).

tlxxxsracer

Jul 28, 2010
San Jose
A13 stable is now available, would the beta version still work? Its been running really great on A13 beta, waiting to update to stable

jhnl33

Jan 30, 2012
been using this for 3 weeks now and it's been great, many thanks DespairFactor for a phone that is less hot.

I know p6p is on version 3.0.5, but 6a is still on 3.0.0? How big are the differences between phones?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is this kernel actively developed? It looks like MVK shut down unexpectedly, so 6a is down to one kernel.
    Incorrect. He didn't shut down, he just removed everything from XDA. I don't like to discuss the work of other devs in threads so I'll leave it at that.
    maybe take this to a different thread instead of clogging up despair's
    Clogging is extreme, but they do have a point. This is the Dispair thread. Til they come back I see no reason to mention mvk anywhere except their telegram
    well its in response to a user asking im not here to advertise but reply, dont really care how that comes across in all honesty touch grass, take care.
    Mission:
    The purpose of this project is to increase efficiency of the Pixel 6 series devices by merging functional patches with minimal bloat.

If you submit bug reports without a log, you may be prosecuted...or executed.

Disclaimer:
    If your device fails to comply with your standards of what you consider functioning, I am not liable. This is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty. Although, if you provide a log, I can provide some sort of assurance that I will look into your issue.

Installation:
    To install kernel on a rooted device with EXKM/FKM

- Download ZIP and flash using the manual flasher in the app

To manually flash kernel updates

-Download ZIP for kernel and the current boot.img
    -Use the below commands to flash from bootloader/fastboot
    -fastboot reboot fastboot
    -fastboot flash vendor_dlkm vendor_dlkm.img
    -fastboot reboot bootloader
    -fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    -fastboot flash boot boot.img
    -fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img

Links:

Telegram:

Downloads:

Source:

Credits:
    Google
    New builds up for A12 with full lto, currently testing if there is a true difference between thinlto and lto. I want to determine if the compile time increase actually benefits the code on device.

A13 build coming shortly

EDIT: A13 build is up
    I have just made an Android 13 build because I got bored
    thank you for this version v3.03 installation without worries ;)
    :) Thanks for the feedback! This was an attempt at a unified build. This uses the Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro source for all modules and kernel other than the few exclusive modules needed for Pixel 6a
    New build coming later today