• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL][A510/A710] SM Kernel v0.1 (TESTING)

Search This thread
Hey Guys, for now i am keeping this very simple. I present you my SM Kernel with nothing but a start. I compiled this kernel just to get SELINUX permissive so that i can use different applications which don't work on enforced stock kernel. this is just a start. So there is nothing related overclocking or other things but let me assure you, with your suggestions and help, we will make this kernel worth our A Series.

For now, i compiled this kernel for A510FD and A710FD because i don't have other devices. But if you are interested in testing for your device, just PM me. I'll get to you.​

UPDATE: Sold my A510FD. Need TESTERS

Stating the obvious, It counters your knox counter thus voiding your warranty and i am not responsible if you brick your device after flashing this. You must know the consequences of flashing the wrong files or screwing up your phone. i shall take no responsibility if your devices burst into flames or you get fired from your job because alarm didn't ring. This kernel is in development. there will be a lot of bugs which will be fixed by time. So be patient and help me out with your kind reports.​

SUPPORTED DEVICES
A5 2016 - A510FD
A7 2016 - A710FD

TESTERS NEEDED
Other A5 and A7 2016 variants

How-to
Download the SM Kernel:
A510FD: androidfilehost | mega
A710FD: androidfilehost | mega
Reboot your device into download mode by holding volume down+home button+power button
Download Odin 3.10.7 (Google is your friend)
Flash downloaded file as AP

Sources: GITHUB

XDA:DevDB Information
SM Kernel, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy A Series

Contributors
imfaraz
Source Code: https://github.com/imfaraz101/SM_Kernel_A7

Kernel Special Features: Selinux Permissive

Version Information

Created 2016-02-24
Last Updated 2017-03-18

Last edited:

pompis

Feb 20, 2010
Hi :) many thanks for your work..

and if I try it on a A510F??

Cheers

Enviado desde mi SM-A510F mediante Tapatalk

pompis

Feb 20, 2010
OK... ;)

Let's go.....

It is done... works fine :)

The forum will not let me upload images, by having less than 10 Posts :(

ht---tp://postimg.org/image/vhzjlm1l9/

Last edited:
Thanks for your work
Is there any effect in battery life ? and are you plan to support BLN

Battery life is not effected by this Kernel yet. I am trying to integrate different things in it. But because i am a part time developer, i need more time to get things done as i am only one working on this Kernel and as for BLN support, i added this my to-Do list.

Reactions: iNTER5LOve

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys, for now i am keeping this very simple. I present you my SM Kernel with nothing but a start. I compiled this kernel just to get SELINUX permissive so that i can use different applications which don't work on enforced stock kernel. this is just a start. So there is nothing related overclocking or other things but let me assure you, with your suggestions and help, we will make this kernel worth our A Series.

For now, i compiled this kernel for A510FD and A710FD because i don't have other devices. But if you are interested in testing for your device, just PM me. I'll get to you.​

UPDATE: Sold my A510FD. Need TESTERS

Stating the obvious, It counters your knox counter thus voiding your warranty and i am not responsible if you brick your device after flashing this. You must know the consequences of flashing the wrong files or screwing up your phone. i shall take no responsibility if your devices burst into flames or you get fired from your job because alarm didn't ring. This kernel is in development. there will be a lot of bugs which will be fixed by time. So be patient and help me out with your kind reports.​

SUPPORTED DEVICES
    A5 2016 - A510FD
    A7 2016 - A710FD

TESTERS NEEDED
    Other A5 and A7 2016 variants

How-to
    Download the SM Kernel:
    A510FD: androidfilehost | mega
    A710FD: androidfilehost | mega
    Reboot your device into download mode by holding volume down+home button+power button
    Download Odin 3.10.7 (Google is your friend)
    Flash downloaded file as AP

Sources: GITHUB

XDA:DevDB Information
    SM Kernel, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy A Series

Contributors
    imfaraz
    Source Code: https://github.com/imfaraz101/SM_Kernel_A7

Kernel Special Features: Selinux Permissive

Version Information

Created 2016-02-24
    Last Updated 2017-03-18
    Changelog