Development [KERNEL][ALIOTH] Optimus Drunk Kernel v11.35 [11-02][EOL]

Search This thread

Zinnz

Aug 13, 2013
Admittedly, I had weird battery jumps/battery drain issues with 11.29 and xiaomi.eu 12.5.18. However, after dirty flashing xiaomi.eu 12.5.19, magisk, and v11.30 of this kernel, everything is working flawlessly. Battery life seems phenomenal so far, and my phone feels as snappy as ever.

I know the part about the Rom I use is basically unrelated to this kernel, but I just wanted to detail my experience for others.

Tl:dr

This kernel v11.30, is working flawlessly with xiaomi.eu 12.5.19
(flashed with unofficial orange fox recovery, which seems to be more functional than twrp for the poco f3)

Thankyou GtrCraft :)

Last edited:

ale82to

Apr 7, 2014
sorry for stupid the stupid question :
I ve read at least 2 topics on xda about every aosp based room limiting frequency of SD 870 prime core to just 2,750 Ghz (unfortunately i can confirm the issue on official lineage OS 18. 1).
can this be solved at a kernel level or is a general room issue?
thanks for the help.

Dror1

Aug 11, 2021
I have a huge difference in speaker volume between 2 kernels,
With immensity kernel the speaker is very loud wich is good, but when i flash optimus drunk kernel 30.11 the speaker is much lower, music and calls.
Is there a solution? Is it just me?

ale82to

Apr 7, 2014
This Kernel goes up to 3.1 GHz ... Just for 1 core of course (prime core) ... Architecture is prime/big/little. Meaning not all cores go up to 3.1 GHz. Other 3 cores up to 2.4 and the 4 little ones to 1.8 GHz.

So everything is fine with the Kernel ;)

Reference: https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.gsma...0_5g_chipset_and_its_32_ghz_cpu-amp-47282.php
thank you for letting me know anyway this is the issue I'm referring to :https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...es-laggy-ui-unsmooth-scrolling.4371447/unread
so it's a room issue?

Zinnz

Aug 13, 2013
I have a huge difference in speaker volume between 2 kernels,
With immensity kernel the speaker is very loud wich is good, but when i flash optimus drunk kernel 30.11 the speaker is much lower, music and calls.
Is there a solution? Is it just me?
Is it the physical phone speakers and ear piece, or Bluetooth devices?

xijaw

Aug 9, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
I am noticing overnight idle battery ddrainof around 6% with this kernel.

I remember the good ol' days when I used moto g5 plus with gtrcrafts kernel and the idle battery drain was less than 1%

ciku720

Apr 12, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi everyone, first of all thank you author for such a great kernel! The battery life is awesome, as well as the performance.
However, I encountered a weird bug caused by this kernel on both ArrowOS 11 and 12 - Google Sheets is zoomed out pretty badly (screenshot) . I can zoom out but cannot zoom in more than it is zoomed on the screenshot. I suppose it has something to do with DPI. Can anyone confirm or deny this problem on their device?
On stock ArrowOS 11 and 12 Sheets works correctly but right after the kernel is installed, I can't read my sheets.

Troubleshooting:
- I haven't changed any DPI related settings in the Display settings
- I reinstalled Google Sheets

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211229-191236_Arkusze.png
    Screenshot_20211229-191236_Arkusze.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 125

kniffo80

Dec 7, 2008
Hamburg
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi everyone, first of all thank you author for such a great kernel! The battery life is awesome, as well as the performance.
However, I encountered a weird bug caused by this kernel on both ArrowOS 11 and 12 - Google Sheets is zoomed out pretty badly (screenshot) . I can zoom out but cannot zoom in more than it is zoomed on the screenshot. I suppose it has something to do with DPI. Can anyone confirm or deny this problem on their device?
On stock ArrowOS 11 and 12 Sheets works correctly but right after the kernel is installed, I can't read my sheets.

Troubleshooting:
- I haven't changed any DPI related settings in the Display settings
- I reinstalled Google Sheets
I'm on xiaomi.eu latest stable. Checked it this moment, works flawlessly.
Edith says: of course latest 11.31 Kernel Release.

jineshpatel30

Nov 8, 2012
v11.31:

Changelog:
- Updated to 4.19.223
VoWiFi randomly drops on Xiaomi.EU (Latest Stable 12.5.19).
If Wi-Fi is toggled manually, it comes back and then drops again randomly after sometime.

Went back to stock kernel and VoWiFi stays persistent on it.
Edit: Had to dirty flash the ROM to get VoWiFi persistent again. So, I guess Optimus changes some file in addition to boot.img which results in issue continuing even after flashing stock boot.img

(Not sure if this information is relevant but I used to face same issue on our pervious device POCO F1 so I think there is some cross device issue)

Last edited:

GtrCraft

Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2013
Moto G5 Plus
Xiaomi Poco F1
VoWiFi randomly drops on Xiaomi.EU (Latest Stable 12.5.19).
If Wi-Fi is toggled manually, it comes back and then drops again randomly after sometime.

Went back to stock kernel and VoWiFi stays persistent on it.
Edit: Had to dirty flash the ROM to get VoWiFi persistent again. So, I guess Optimus changes some file in addition to boot.img which results in issue continuing even after flashing stock boot.img

(Not sure if this information is relevant but I used to face same issue on our pervious device POCO F1 so I think there is some cross device issue)
Miui is not supported, so consider yourself lucky that it works

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Optimus Drunk Kernel for POCO F3/Redmi K40/Mi 11x

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is... Still valid??.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Features:
    - Based on Immensity kernel
    - Updated to latest Linux kernel tag
    - Only custom roms supported
    - Built with latest AOSP Clang
    - AnyKernel3
    - Wireguard support
    - KCAL Color Control
    - Boeffla Wakelock Blocker
    - Optimisations from other kernels

Download:
    Github
    FKM Updater

Installation:
    Flash the zip in TWRP or Franco Kernel Manager and reboot, that's all

XDA:DevDB Information
    Optimus Drunk Kernel for Poco F3/Redmi K40/Mi 11X, Kernel for the Xiaomi Poco F3/Redmi K40/Mi 11X

Contributors

GtrCraft
    Source Code: https://github.com/GZR-Kernels/Optimus_Drunk_Alioth
    v11.32:

Changelog:
    * Updated to 4.19.224
    * Set westwood as default tcp
    * Fixed some memory leaks
    * Optimisations for GPU & performance
    v11.35:

Changelog:

- FINAL UPDATE