[KERNEL][ALL '11 MDPI] MESA v4.8 (STOCK ICS/CM9/CM10) [31 DEC 2013]

Search This thread

Arun Av

Mar 2, 2012
Kolkata
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
i'm using with miuiv4. in fact, for custom rom based on stock ics, i only use miuiv4.
miui just needed small modification in init.rc in ramdisk,
Code:
service shelld /system/xbin/shelld
    class main
    user root
    group root
    oneshot

which i already added.

Couldn't solve the issue yesterday, however, today found the cause of the issue. There were some init.d scripts present in the miuiv4 build that caused the problem. I couldn't figure out which scripts are causing the issue... The build was booting fine with other stock based kernels (rage, ka1.6). So I removed all those scripts from the build and added only the ones I need most (zipalign..sysctl etc) and the build booted fine tonight :) :) Mesa v4.8 it's really doing great in terms of smooth usability and performance. Thank you once again...(and I admit it... Can't live without miui) :D

Sent from my ST15i using Tapatalk

nefilim

May 21, 2007
@miniuser123
I'm also running SJB v8 (smultron), mesa v4.8 kernel. How do you enable hd recording, do you have to compile pmem_adsp or u just execute the script, what settings @ lgcamera (codec,bitrate)? I executed your script & lgcamera but nothing...

Last edited:

Arun Av

Mar 2, 2012
Kolkata
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Been using miui v4 final build with MESA 4.8 for two days and everything's going great...except the fact that whenever I select to do a 'hot reboot'(soft reboot/ui reboot) ... Freeze is observed (black screen for 3 or 5 seconds)...and then the device does a normal reboot instead (starting afresh from kernel boot logo). The same option works fine with another stock based kernel( I tried ka1.6)...selecting Hot Reboot rapidly reboots the build from the bootanimation.. so I assume it's a problem in Mesa. Unfortunately I can not collect logcats atm so sorry if my description makes no sense. But I am really thankful for MESA and wish to see this glitch/bug resolved. Thank you :)
ygusu7er.jpg

Sent from my ST15i using Tapatalk

Reactions: nussbaum

miniuser123

Aug 17, 2012
@miniuser123
I'm also running SJB v8 (smultron), mesa v4.8 kernel. How do you enable hd recording, do you have to compile pmem_adsp or u just execute the script, what settings @ lgcamera (codec,bitrate)? I executed your script & lgcamera but nothing...

I think I will open a new thread to describe how to enable hd (1280x720) recording in a JB 4.1 rom and kernel. It definitely works, although the preview is bit more laggy than in ICS, the recorded video is smooth and fps according to ffmpeg is near 29.70.

Last edited:

Grof87

May 29, 2013
I think I will open a new thread to describe how to enable hd (1280x720) recording in a JB 4.1 rom and kernel. It definitely works, although the preview is bit more laggy than in ICS, the recorded video is smooth and fps according to ffmpeg is near 29.70.

That's great to hear, hope you'll have the thread up and running soon ;)

dato02

Jan 9, 2013
Tbilisi

is this true or am i dreaming? :D but how? there are no jb libs... >.<

dima_vy

Aug 13, 2009
I have installed the kernel mini_mesa_hybrid_v4.8 on my Xperia Mini, with CM9.1, but there are 2 issues - soft buttons stopped light and if i try to update to JB via CMW, i get some error, and the JB (CM10) can't be installed.

Any ideas will be appreciated

Thank you

steakhutzeee

Apr 13, 2013
I have installed the kernel mini_mesa_hybrid_v4.8 on my Xperia Mini, with CM9.1, but there are 2 issues - soft buttons stopped light and if i try to update to JB via CMW, i get some error, and the JB (CM10) can't be installed.

Any ideas will be appreciated

Thank you

I had same problem with light, and other problems, so i stay with mesa hybrid 4.4 on CM 9.1

Reactions: dima_vy

job.bousix

Mar 27, 2013
djerba
Hi @an0nym0us_ ,
Is it possible that you make an ics only version of your kernel based on mesa hybrid v4.8 , with enabled panorama , your kernel is actually near perfect on ics it sadly lacks the stock panorama app witch gives a very high quality panorama shots ( 1080*4XXX ) witch we can't find that on any app .

PS : if any one can make the request , please make it , the sourse is there and patches are in download folder of mesa kernel

source code : http://developer.sonymobile.com/dow...es/open-source-archive-for-build-4-1-b-0-587/ or http://developer.sonymobile.com/dow...ves/open-source-archive-for-build-4-1-b-1-13/
patche : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w6v6t0a72eh3n3k/ARmMnqMlAN/sourcepatch

thank you very much .

job.

Last edited:
Reactions: dark4m

mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
Hey
an0nym0us_
Do You Maintain This Kernel Or Not?
Firstly Thanks For The Hybrid Kernel. But As I Can See I Am Unable to Run Entropy Generators Like Seeder. I Think Its A Kernel Issue.
Please,Respond

seeder entropy is already included. its just merely a single line of script to feed /dev/frandom with higher value than usual.
no, not maintaining anymore. gave my lww to my friend, sick of its single core and 512mb or of ram. currently only use a nokia dumbphone with a week battery life.
i'm thinking of getting asus zenfone 4. already got kernel sourcecode for it, should'nt be too hard for me to compile a custom kernel for it assuming its bootloader is not locked.

Bishal Pranto Roy

Feb 13, 2013
City of Rangpur
www.facebook.com
seeder entropy is already included. its just merely a single line of script to feed /dev/frandom with higher value than usual.
no, not maintaining anymore. gave my lww to my friend, sick of its single core and 512mb or of ram. currently only use a nokia dumbphone with a week battery life.
i'm thinking of getting asus zenfone 4. already got kernel sourcecode for it, should'nt be too hard for me to compile a custom kernel for it assuming its bootloader is not locked.

You Are Saved My Friend.
This Phone Is A Pain .
Anyways I Am Getting a New Xperia z2
Good Luck With Your Next Phone
Thanks Again For Your Contribution.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all,
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM/kernel
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Ok then, now that u've read the disclaimer we can continue with me and this kernel.
    Frankly i'm no dev, just know a little bit of linux thus i know howto compile kernel, and i like tinkering with kernel to include what i like.
    by that i'm learning as i go, so go easy on me please :p

About the kernel name, MESA stands for Man-Eating Seals of Antiquity, codename for kernel 2.6.32.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Linux_kernel_names

Roughly features of this kernel include:
    - base on Sony's official 4.1.B.0.587 kernel source, so i build this from ground up. patched to upstream 2.6.32.60. ics kernel should work with stock/custom rom based on stock ics 4.1.B.0.431 or 4.1.B.0.587, and jb kernel should work with source based jb rom eg cm10, aokp and pa. personally i've tested this with expeacer's exmiuiv4, lasan's miui, stock ics, fxp's cm10 and aokp jb.
    - updated to upstream linux 2.6.32.61.
    - hybrid kernel, support stock/stock based, cm9/cm9 based, cm10/cm10 based rom.
    - patched with Con Kolivas's patchset that includes bfs task scheduler v0.404, so this is a bfs kernel. stock kernel and all of custom kernel here so far uses cfs cpu scheduler. read about bfs cpu scheduler here.
    - oc upto 1.8ghz and using 100mhz steps. default boot only use 1ghz.
    - uv sysfs interface to modify voltage. i also decrease voltage abit. for anyone who wish to use stock voltage, heres stock voltage table
    - cpu governors includes default stock ondemand, interactive, powersave, perfomance and userspace, i've added ondemandx, intellidemand, smartassV2, smoothass, interactivex, brazilianwax, scary, lulzactive, lagfree, smartass, minmax and savagedzen. default booting governor is interactive, its been updated/backported from kernel 3.x. read about cpu governors here.
    - disk io scheduler includes deadline, sio, cfq, noop, anticipatory, zen, bfq and vr. default booting disk io scheduler is sio. read about io schedulers here.
    - dual recovery, cwm and twrp. access cwm by pressing volume down button and twrp by pressing power button. also can swap those keycode by adding "swap.recovery.keycode=true" to build.prop. phone will vibrate slightly before entering both recovery as indicator. also included autoroot which wont give problem with miui rom, init.d startup script and unsecure ramdisk for adb root access. v4.7 got twrp 2.4.3.0 and cwm 6.0.3.9.
    - swap and zram support.
    - ext2/3/4 support.
    - usb otg support.
    - ntfs read/write with fuse module built in.
    - samba support with cifs module built in.
    - wifi modules integrated into kernel, then added into ramdisk. it will be insmod directly from ramdisk and existing wifi modules in rom wont be touched.

for full itsy bitsy changes read the changelog.txt in download folder.
    and to comply and abide with gpl, source diff also included in the download folder.

Howto install:
    1- be sure u already unlocked bootloader.
    2- download correct kernel for your rom and phone and make sure md5 checksum matches. jellybean rom should use the kernel with "jb" in filename. or just use the new hybrid which support cm9/cm9 based, cm10/cm10 based rom and cm10.1/cm10.1 based rom.
    3- if kernel downloaded in *.7z format u need to unpack it using winrar or 7zip.
    4- flash the kernel via fastboot.

Troubleshoot:
    - ini.d script not working? read this
    - stuck at booting after flashing kernel? wait a little bit longer. kernel needs to run some script when booting.
    - still stuck at booting? wipe cache and dalvik cache via recovery.

Reporting bugs:
    1- if u got freeze problem, paste logcat to pastebin and give me the link.
    2- if u got sudden reboot, after the sudden reboot, paste content of /proc/last_kmesg to pastebin and give me the link.
    3- also tell me which phone u use, with which rom and which kernel.

what is that logcat and dmesg thingy u kept talking about? google for it.
    how to get it? use this

Credits also goes to:
    - google for this awesome platform, android.
    - sony for releasing the kernel source.
    - fxp team for some of their patch i use, and for the awesome cm10.
    - kamarush for helping with problem i've had with wifi modules earlier, and also for the ramdisk i've taken from his minicmlite v3 kernel.
    - doomlord for some of his patch i use.
    - krizky82 for some of his patch i use.
    - adridu59 for some of his patch i use.
    - <insert your name here if u feel that i've failed to mention your name>

hi, i've uploaded another naa's 3.4 based kernel for lww.

difference with current naa's 03 kernel:
    1- patched to 3.4.46, current latest 3.4 branch from upstream linux. i patched myself from naa's 3.4.0 last week.
    2- wifi compat-driver is from "old" naa's 3.4.0 which i think backported from kernel 3.8 or 3.9. current naa 03 kernel, he downgraded to compat-wireless from linux 3.2 due to some people said got connection error. that didn't happen to me so i haven't downgraded it.
    3- interactive governor in current naa 03 kernel i think is abit buggy, after waking from deep sleep it stay at lowest frequency thus making phone unuseable and laggy. i'm using interactive governor from nexus 4 air kernel git which doesn't stuck at lowest freq when waking, and made it as default booting governor.
    4- lowmemorykiller driver from dorimanx's s2 kernel git
    5- some networking stuff eg disabled all packet scheduling algorithm except sfb, and using veno as default tcp congestion avoidance algorithm.
    6- using slub memory allocator instead of default slab.
    7- enable and use tiny preempt rcu instead or tiny rcu.
    8- enable sched autogroup.
    9- oc upto 1.8ghz with 100mhz steps.
    10- some bluetooth and fmradio stuff from mike's cm10.1 kernel git
    11- compiled using codesourcery g++ lite 2011.03-42 crosscompiler which is gcc 4.5.2.
    12. probably some other minor stuff i forgot...

credits goes to those people, i just simply compile this. nothing more than that.

should boot with latest pacman nightly 20130522 since its already using new liblights. not sure if this will boot with mike's cm10.1 20130515.
    sourcepatch also uploaded, diff'ed against vanilla linux kernel 3.4.0 from kernel.org archive. with correct defconfig its also buildable for all xperia 2011 too. as usual, no warranty whatsoever were given with this, u flash this with your own free will.

Also please dont report any bugs u found in any rom thread that u use with this kernel.

DOWNLOAD
    i've compiled and uploaded v4.6 for stock rom/stock based custom rom including miui, for all four devices.
    thanks to @job.bousix who confirmed that previous v4.3 doesn't have any problem with usb mass storage fc after using usb tethering, so i'm using v4.3 as based this time. removed all cm kgsl code that caused graphic glitch from it and compiled using linaro 4.7.4 2013.10.
    i've compiled new naa's 3.4 based kernel for all four devices, for cm10 roms only.
    changelog is in download folder. sourcepatch also uploaded.
    other kernel than for lww are untested since i only own lww but it should boot since all xperia 2011 shared the same source.
    but if it doesn't and made your phone explode and kill your cat in the process than standard disclaimer applies, no warranty whatsoever were given with it.
    recommended to use default interactive and fiops.

anyway, if anyone chose to use this kernel instead of default provided kernel in rom zip then never ever nagging and/or whining in rom thread about any bug as the bug might came from this kernel. i'll *****slap anyone who does.

DOWNLOAD
    updated to v4.1 and uploaded for all four devices.

fixed sudden app close and graphic glitch.
    now default booting uses smartassV2 cpu governor with 100mhz frequency steps.