[KERNEL][ALL VARIANTS][DISCONTINUED][N][6.0] Artx Kernel for CM, AOSP and Stock ROM's

Which kernel do you prefer?

• Artx Kernel

Votes: 52 78.8%
  • Light Kernel

Votes: 14 21.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

jlb1959.01

Feb 27, 2016
springhill,fl
Yeah just had another reboot. Checked logs and it was i/o again. Was on maple at 128kb.

Just changed to Zen at 128kb. Thanks for the tip.

hopefully that works??.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Yeah just had another reboot. Checked logs and it was i/o again. Was on maple at 128kb.

Just changed to Zen at 128kb. Thanks for the tip.

hopefully that works,if not I'm at a loss.

Reactions: Sobek5150

Sobek5150

Feb 28, 2016
Indianapolis
LG G6
OnePlus 7 Pro
Try bfq 512 works flawlessly on D855/32/3

So I've tried Zen and bfq at 512 and have gotten 2 more reboots today. They happened under the same scenario. I was at work, got into the elevator, headed downstairs, once outside of the elevator I pull my phone out to check something, it freezes up and goes down for a reboot. Happened at around lunch time and at the end of the day.

I've reviewed both logs, and still looks like an I/O error - however the coincidence of it happening under almost the same conditions is too much for me to ignore.

I have my wifi set to sleep when the screen is off. I'm wondering if this is causing some type of issue that is prompting an i/o error? Just before the shutdown command and the preceding error, there are alot of wlan lines talking about 5ghz being allowed.

I'm going to try turning off the option to let the wifi sleep and see if it does anything. If anyone wants to look at the logs they are attached.

Sent from my LG-VS985 using XDA Labs

Attachments

• last_kmsg.log
    227.6 KB · Views: 7

0v3rfl0w

May 25, 2016
thanks @Stayn this is best Kernel i tested on my G3-ls990 : Resurrection Remix (Android 7.1.2) but i have one issue with the charging of the battery
i installed "Artx Kernel v6.0" successfully leaving all the settings the way they were ; for the battery fast charging is disabled ( stock) .
On boot the system worked perfectly and the phone was getting charged normally, after like 60 seconds of plugging the phone the charging stopped . (same scenario when restarting the phone : charged only for some time then stopped ).
i tried reinstalling the kernel multiple times , same thing happens .
i would appreciate your help .
thanks again .

Last edited:

Sobek5150

Feb 28, 2016
Indianapolis
LG G6
OnePlus 7 Pro
Just walked out of work, on the phone, exit elevator and want to guess what happens? Phone reboots.

I'm posting the log. @Stayn I'm hoping SOMEONE can help figure this one out. Not coincidence it happens under the exact same conditions. It's got to be prompted by either a WIFI or Cell radio issue.

Hopefully someone can help figure it out.

Attachments

• last_kmsg.log
    227.6 KB · Views: 3

Stayn

Sep 6, 2016
Barquisimeto
Just walked out of work, on the phone, exit elevator and want to guess what happens? Phone reboots.

I'm posting the log. @Stayn I'm hoping SOMEONE can help figure this one out. Not coincidence it happens under the exact same conditions. It's got to be prompted by either a WIFI or Cell radio issue.

Hopefully someone can help figure it out.

Well, if you say so then it should be a signal issue, I've something similar, but no matter which kernel/rom I have it happens

When I lost signal or is very low, my phone reboots, maybe something similar is what you're facing, anyways Android Oreo is coming and I'll do the kernel for O from zero again

I'm sorry that I'm now a little away from XDA, since Android Oreo source code is available I'm working hard to get a bootable build for our G3 :)

Sobek5150

Feb 28, 2016
Indianapolis
LG G6
OnePlus 7 Pro
Well, if you say so then it should be a signal issue, I've something similar, but no matter which kernel/rom I have it happens

When I lost signal or is very low, my phone reboots, maybe something similar is what you're facing, anyways Android Oreo is coming and I'll do the kernel for O from zero again

I'm sorry that I'm now a little away from XDA, since Android Oreo source code is available I'm working hard to get a bootable build for our G3 :)

No worries. Long day at work and being on the phone when it died just got to me. You're doing great work buddy. With Oreo so close, I'm not worried just needed to vent after seeing a pattern.

Good luck! We're all rooting for you!

brolic925t

Nov 20, 2011
Corona, NY
Having an issue on one handed mode on crdroid (mini view or whatever) with the modded resolution. Touches dont input correctly( i press one area and it clicks a centimeter up) n i didnt have this issue on g3x kernel.. any way to fix it??

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Stayn

Sep 6, 2016
Barquisimeto
Having an issue on one handed mode on crdroid (mini view or whatever) with the modded resolution. Touches dont input correctly( i press one area and it clicks a centimeter up) n i didnt have this issue on g3x kernel.. any way to fix it??

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

If you set your phone in 1080p then the one handed mode will always present that issue, there's no way to fix it :(

Reactions: brolic925t

Stayn

Sep 6, 2016
Barquisimeto
thanks @Stayn this is best Kernel i tested on my G3-ls990 : Resurrection Remix (Android 7.1.2) but i have one issue with the charging of the battery
i installed "Artx Kernel v6.0" successfully leaving all the settings the way they were ; for the battery fast charging is disabled ( stock) .
On boot the system worked perfectly and the phone was getting charged normally, after like 60 seconds of plugging the phone the charging stopped . (same scenario when restarting the phone : charged only for some time then stopped ).
i tried reinstalling the kernel multiple times , same thing happens .
i would appreciate your help .
thanks again .

Wait for 8.0 update, I'm not gonna do the 7.0 because all my time is dedicated to Android O, I don't want to continue Nougat buildings anymore

I already have done a Android O build that boots (LineageOS 15) but after that the process system doesn't respond, I'm working to get the logs and then fix it...

Like a said before, Oreo is coming soon :)

Ducatuca

Oct 25, 2012
Belgrade
Wait for 8.0 update, I'm not gonna do the 7.0 because all my time is dedicated to Android O, I don't want to continue Nougat buildings anymore

I already have done a Android O build that boots (LineageOS 15) but after that the process system doesn't respond, I'm working to get the logs and then fix it...

Please make builds for all variants of our lovely g3!

Taracair

Sep 10, 2011
I think there's some bug related to deep sleep.
Using 6.0 kernel with spectrum app, battery profile.
XenonHD 7.1 rom, no xposed so it's clean. It's also freshly flashed.
Went to sleep with 80% of battery, after waking up it showed 71%. I remember from other kernels it shouldn't go down as much as that. Maybe 1-3% but not more.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170918-061950.png
    Screenshot_20170918-061950.png
    115.9 KB · Views: 269

ZjemCiKolege

Sep 8, 2013
Świnoujście

Hehe same me :) only wait for sources update

Taracair

Sep 10, 2011
I think I'm going to go back to version 4.5 for the kernel. Version 6 seems to burn through system resources no matter how I structure the kernel with cpu, hot plugging, etc... I feel the 4.5 version from July provided better battery and performance combo. Anyone else notice this?
Me. I have posted about it before. No wakelocks, pure deep sleep and 10% of battery drained during the night.
Something is wrong with the battery management. After unplugging from a charger at, let's say, 50% it went to 53% after few minutes without being plugged to a charger.

I had also one issue when driving with GPS on and talking. I had plugged in the car charger and it was charging very very slowly (which is fine because car charger has less power). After 30 minutes the battery reached 30% from 25% and the phone suddenly shut down, showing black empty battery screen. Again like something is wrong with the battery management. Never faced problems like this before with different kernels.

But the temperature is maintained in some mysterious way and don't exceed 60°C even during heavy stuff which is the only reason why I'm still sticking with 6.0.

I'm really looking forward to try the next release.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ZHHnOL2.jpg

Introduction:

Welcome, this kernel has the principal intention of bring to all of yours all the possible features, without loosing the stock LineageOS Kernel Smoothness, so, in other words this kernel has an excellent performance with tons of features. If you want less things go to G3X-Ultimate Kernel thread. This Kernel is for CM and AOSP ROM's!

Features:

Now with AROMA Installer!

CPU Input Per-Core Boost and Hotplug Boost
    Gov's: Alucard, Bioshock, darkness, impulse, intelliactive, intellitmm, lionheart, nightmare, pegasusq, slim, smartass2, smartmax, tripndroid, wave, yankactive, zzmoove, Yankdemand, Badass, SavagedZen, ElementalX, SmartassH3, DanceDance, Hyper, Adaptive, Blu_plug, Optimax, Mythx_plug and Barry_allen
    Multicore Power Saving
    Fast Charge Support
    MSM_Limiter (Disabled by default)
    Hotplugs: IntelliPlug, Alucard Hotplug, Bricked Hotplug, mako Hotplug, ThunderPlug, MSM Hotplug, Zen Decision and AutoSMP
    IntelliThermal
    GPU: simple_ondemand fixed
    Simple GPU Algorithm
    Adreno idler
    kcal v2 color control
    Sound control
    Arch Power and Gentle Fair Sleepers
    Krait C-States settings
    State Notifier
    I/O Schedulers: row, bfq (default), cfq, deadline, noop, tripndroid, Zen, fiops, sio, fifo and maple
    Fsync control
    Kexec hardboot Patch
    init.d Support
    Selinux Permissive support
    Synapse support
    Cpufreq.c Optimizations
    GPU 27Mhz
    Speed up boot
    Frandom
    Various WiFi tweaks for battery and stability
    Async I/O 34% SSD Perfomance gain
    Removed a lot of useless Debug options
    TouchScreen Boost
    State Notifier
    3x Faster integer sqrt
    Exposed PVS Level via Sysfs
    2-Way Stereo Call Recording
    Reduced minimum screen Brightness
    A lot of optimizations
    RAM Optimizations (To avoid apps getting killed... with 3gb of ram lol...)
    Battery optimizations

Features for Stock ROM's:

This version of ArtxKernel for Stock ROM's is mostly focused on get rid of the lag and make the UI responsive and Smooth, so,
    dont expect many features, only important things and optimizations (Call it Artx-Lite)

Updated Interactive governor with Touchboost driver
    Updated CPU-Boost with Per-Core Boost
    GPU use lowest frequency when no load (Better idle battery)
    Fastcharge Support
    Kcal v2 Color control
    Faux123 Sound control
    Lowered backlight min brightness and boosted max brightness (It's safe)
    (You can change backlight values in ~/sys/module/lm3697 folder)
    Selinux always permissive
    Fixed simple_ondemand crash
    PVS Level interface
    Frandom Support
    2-Way Stereo Call Recording Patch
    Disabled Software CRC and can be toggeable
    Use correct sensor for temperature
    More optimizations

----------
    If you want less idle battery drain use Greenify
    ----------

Downloads:

For v6.0 flash MrBump after kernel installation!
    MEGA

Social:

Wanna join a LG G3 Development Telegram group? Any User or Developer is welcome!!
    If you have any question or you need help, get in! (let me know if the link is broken :D)

----------
    Telegram Group
    ----------

Compatible with:
    (Thanks to @marcdw and @jlb1959.01)

- Nougat ROM's
    - Marshmallow ROM's
    - Lollipop ROM's (Not confimed yet)

Thanks to:

@cesarandres_8911, @savoca, @faux123, LineageOS Team, @osm0sis, @frap129
    @Feinzer, LG, @matthewdalex, @Andrei F, @yarpiin, @Robshr, @amarullz and me
    Thanks @Francois Amom for his amazing logo design :D
    If anyone is missing here PM me :)

I'll be updating these kernels until I've pulished every feature and code :good:
    If you like the kernel and want to do a small donation it for sure gonna help me a lot and keep me motivated! :laugh:
    Thank you and enjoy it!

XDA:DevDB Information
    ArtxKernel, Kernel for the LG G3

Contributors
    Stayn, cesarandres_8911
    Source Code: https://github.com/Artx-II/kernel_lge_g3

Kernel Special Features: See above

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 6.0-ArtxKernel
    Stable Release Date: 2017-07-27

Created 2017-06-19
    Last Updated 2017-10-24
    Hi guys, after hours working on this on this update, finally...
    New Builds Up!

Made from Zero:

Because of tons of problems that has been acumulated from v.4.1, I've decided to make this kernel again, from Zero, to make a clean build avoiding those unnecessay codes and "Optimizations", now I'm glad to say, that this kernel has no problems and because of that the UI Smoothness has been improved drastically because I removed Voltage control, seems to be nonsence, but I'll explain it al the final of this post, now I invite you to read all the new implementations and update! :eek:

Introducing Spectrum Kernel Manager!! Thanks to @frap129!!

This amazing app let you select between 4 profiles, Battery, Balanced, Perfomance and Gaming,
    all of these configured by me:

Battery: I've set various battery savings configs here, it's designed for the best battery savings and if you don't care about UI lags then this is for you

Balanced: As its name says, a very good balanced profile that evit UI Lags and the battery keeps still awesome, you can use this profile to run games without getting your phone overheating

Perfomance: This is not a pure Perfomance profile like others that simply puts your governor in "Perfomance" and things like that, this profile keeps all the UI Smoothness anytime and it doesn't drains the battery, if you're very UI Lag sensitive then this is your profile. Recommended

Gaming: Pure perfomance, play any game with this profile at maximum power, this profile keeps the FPS constants with blu_active governor, if you don't care about battery life or overheating and just want to play games then this is for you

Also, All this profiles are customizable, look at your internal storage ~/Spectrum/profiles/ folder, there's 4 files for each profile. If you don't wanna mess with all the kernel features then I highly recommend to you Spectrum!

Voltage control:

- Removed Voltage Control: You may ask me why, and it's because Voltage control was causing various conflicts on the kernel, related with Cpu-Boost, frequency changes and other features, It's hard to believe but is true, now, without this the kernel has improved a LOT on perfomance, Smoothness and now all features works properly

Voltage control isn't really necessary, just to undervolt a little mv to what? Insted of avoiding heat it makes inestabilities, so, don't ask me to add it again because is useless.

I've made so many optimizations and I can confirm to you that the kernel runs much more cooler than before!

Screen Brightness:

- Reduced minimum screen Brightness, that's equal to more battey savings at night

Other changes:

Full changelog of Artx v6.0 here:

- Kernel updated done from Zero, all the features were added again, cleaned a bunch code and pointless "optimizations"
    - Removed Voltage control
    - Lowered screen Brightness
    - Added Zen and AutoSMP Hotplugs
    - Fixed controls for Arch power and Gentle fair sleepers
    - Added 2-Way Stereo Call recording Patch
    - Ram Optimizations (To avoid apps getting killed... with 3gb of ram lol...)
    - Modified CPU-Boost, now with Per-Core Boost control and Hotplug Boost
    - A lot of fixes for battery drain and overheating
    - Fixed all bugs acumulated from v4.1 to v5.0
    - General optimzations
    - Battery optimizations

Now enjoy it guys, hope that everyone likes it

Also, now I'm working on a ROM!! We'll have soon Artx-ROM :eek:
    Hi guys
    New Builds up!

Artx Kernel * v5.0
    - Updated AROMA Installer to v3.00
    - Fixed errors and added full compatibility between AROMA and AnyKernel2
    - Added Selinux permissive option in AROMA
    - Added Governors: Adaptive, Barry_allen, Blu_active, Mythx_plug and Optimax
    - Improved Interactive Gov
    - Updated zzmoove
    - Added State Notifier
    - Added Maple scheduler
    - 3x Faster integer sqrt
    - GPU Idle Battery tweak
    - Added Arch power and Gentle Fair Sleepers (Configurable)
    - Added 96Khz Sound support (48Khz before)
    - Fixed Selinux always permissive
    - Disabled I/O Stats (You can enable it)
    - Memory improvement (RAM)
    - Exposed PVS level via Sysfs (Or Binning information)

PVS level determines how much you can undervolt, for example, my G3 as PVS level 8, then I can do safety an undervolt of 60mv

Now I'll work the G3X Ultimate Kernel update and will be focused on improve the battery life and other important updates
    Enjoy!! :)
    Hi guys, New kernel builds up!

Introducing AROMA Installer!
    Now you can configure the Kernel defaults in AROMA... I mean, the configs that'll be set on boot :)

Now you have on the installation the options to:
    - Turn on/off Sharpening
    - Flash CTT-Mod
    - Set Alucard or leave it stock (MPDecision) (You can change later the hotplug)
    - Enable Intellithermal
    - Screen color, Stock or Modded (Better colors)
    - Sound Boost
    - Fast Charge with 4 profiles:
    No fastcharge
    Normal Fastcharge: Stock, charges at 1.5A
    Boosted Fastcharge: Boosted, charges at 2A
    EXTREME Fastcharge: Extreme, charges at 2.4A
    - Aditional features:
    Adreno idler
    Simple GPU Algorithm
    Interactive Boost (Recommended)
    FSync off
    - Install Management APPS, this include
    Kernel adiutor MOD
    Synapse
    - Screen resolution changer
    You can leave it stock (1440p)
    Or down the resolution to 1080p (Less lag & spikes, recommended)

This also comes with Kernel fixes and optimizations!

I'll add more options to this awesome installer later, now go download it and customize your default kernel Configs!
    Enjoy!! :D
    The v6.0 is almost done guys! Just wait to tomorrow for it, I'm testing it right now to check how it runs and if there's an problem or an error.

Also, yes, in v5.0 there's a bunch of problems that have been acumulated from v4.1, but v6.0 is made from zero, it's absolutely clean and I've included only important optimizations to evit pointless things.

Will be testing this v6.0 today and if there's no problems I'll release it tomorrow, also, I've to configure more options in AROMA, also, good news!! It'll come with Spectrum support, check it in XDA :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone