[KERNEL][ALL VARIANTS][Oreo][1.0] ArtxLite Kernel for Lineage and AOSP ROMs + Extra

Search This thread

aheeejd

Jan 5, 2012
off the coast o the kontiki!
So I attempted to flash this kernel (ls990) yesterday with the Validus 8.0 beta rom using official TWRP & the kernel just kinda froze, no Aroma opened up & device just rebooted. Got the Oreo Validus boot animation but phone wouldn't boot up. I pulled battery, booted to recovery, & flashed something else.

So I'm thinking this happened cause I didn't flash your TWRP, is that correct?

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

grushnickij

Jan 27, 2017
Vienna
So I attempted to flash this kernel (ls990) yesterday with the Validus 8.0 beta rom using official TWRP & the kernel just kinda froze, no Aroma opened up & device just rebooted. Got the Oreo Validus boot animation but phone wouldn't boot up. I pulled battery, booted to recovery, & flashed something else.

So I'm thinking this happened cause I didn't flash your TWRP, is that correct?
To iterate once more (people, PLEASE search and read, I've been encountering this question in nearly every thread I follow, in most of them even several times, but you're in luck, I'm feeling generous right now):

For working aroma installer use official TWRP 3.0.x or 3.1.1-1, or the aforementioned artx 3.1.1, and there's a multirom-TWRP 3.1.1 with aroma support, too (don't remember the exact version off the top of my head).
That's the options for now. I use artx version personally, but can confirm that the newest multirom-TWRP and official 3.1.1-1 versions work, too.

Last edited:

aheeejd

Jan 5, 2012
off the coast o the kontiki!
To iterate once more (people, PLEASE search and read, I've been encountering this question in nearly every thread I follow, in most of them even several times, but you're in luck, I'm feeling generous right now):

For working aroma installer use official TWRP 3.0.x or 3.1.1-1, or the aforementioned artx 3.1.1, and there's a multirom-TWRP 3.1.1 with aroma support, too (don't remember the exact version off the top of my head).
That's the options for now. I use artx version personally, but can confirm that the newest multirom-TWRP and official 3.1.1-1 versions work, too.
I did flash with official twrp 3.1.1 & aroma never opened. Thanks for your 16th post

Sent from my LG-LS990 using Tapatalk

grushnickij

Jan 27, 2017
Vienna
I did flash with official twrp 3.1.1 & aroma never opened. Thanks for your 16th post
Are you sure you used 3.1.1-1 (the last 1 following the dash is essential, as this minor update made it aroma compatible)? I'm on d855, maybe it doesn't work on ls990, I missed the fact you're on that variant the first time around and I have no experience with it.

Btw, I don't have many posts, because I do my research and post only if the topic has not been solved yet or to answer to a post?.
Anyway, I never intended to offend anyone, neither did I imply that those questions were directed at me, I just encountered them?.

Addendum: Just checked - it seems there is no 3.1.1-1 for the Sprint model but 3.2.0 is out. Maybe it will do the trick. If not, there are still the other options. Trying won't hurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: usmanatron

dreadkopp

Jan 28, 2012
www.p-sol.de
For more demanding apps I encountered a few problems.

Reproducable with for example fallout shelter

-loading screen gets stuck for a while (up to one minute with no animation whatsoever)

-~40% of the attempts the app will crash

-~5% of the attempts the phone will reset

4.0 kernel on extended aosp 5 with 855 32gb

wizzardsk

Aug 16, 2013
Bratislava
Hi, I tried this kernel (version 6, default settings) on my D858HK with LOS 14.1 and after flashing it showed some secure boot error and the led was blinking on red and blue...

I see that I had to install some bump, but I am not sure where do I get it for my device :)

Last edited:

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Hi, I tried this kernel (version 6, default settings) on my D858HK with LOS 14.1 and after flashing it showed some secure boot error and the led was blinking on red and blue...

I see that I had to install some bump, but I am not sure where do I get it for my device :)

Thread searching usually helps before having to ask and wait.
Here ya go anyway.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=74295419

LG G3 D851, PAC-MAN LP ROM, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

Reactions: wizzardsk

marxo

May 29, 2010
Кикинда
marxo.iz.rs
Hey @Stayn, any reason to downscale to 1125px exactly? Why not 1080px?

Also, with WiFi ON and resoultion set to 1080p, the battery is drained at around 1500 mAs, while with WiFi OFF it's around ~600mA (measured in Ampere). I use the interactive governor, minimum of 300MHz and max at 1.7GHz. Compared to my Xiaomi Mi A1 (also 1080p) which drains 300mAs with WiFi ON this seems rather high?

I understand that SoCs are a few generations apart and it's almost like comparing apples and oranges, but in a general sense, 1500-1700 mA without mobile network (no SIM) drain seems rather high, doesn't it?

Also, it would be interesting to see if CPU undervolting could be applied given that MSM8974AC is used in G3, same as in OnePlus One: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/info-cpu-binning-concept-overclocking-t2817105

Last edited:

wizzardsk

Aug 16, 2013
Bratislava
I am testing this kernel with default settings on my d858hk los 14.1 and for now the battery is good, just sometimes I see a big lag, almost freeze, even restart. How to set it up to optimal performance?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Z7vk9Tc.jpg

PA53bfK.jpg

Welcome again! This is a Re-work of the Artx Kernel now working on Oreo! G3X Ultimate Kernel will be released replaced with ArtxUltra AnyKernel Installer. Like I said this is a Re-Work of the Original Kernel so, it's compiled with a more optimized Toolchain (GCC) and works better than before, just give it a try and you'll know of what I'm talking about... :)

drpIxv3.jpg

CPU Input Boost
    Multicore Power Saving
    GPU: simple_ondemand fixed
    kcal v2 color control
    Sound control
    Arch Power and Gentle Fair Sleepers
    Krait C-States settings
    Fsync control
    init.d Support
    Synapse support
    Cpufreq.c Optimizations
    Speed up boot
    Exposed PVS Level via Sysfs
    2-Way Stereo Call Recording
    A lot of optimizations
    Battery optimizations
    State Notifier
    Per-CPU Core boost
    Hotplug Boost
    Fastcharge Support
    Powersuspend, Adreno idler
    3x faster integer sqrp
    cpufreq optimizations
    Upstramed patches from 3.10.y kernel
    Simple thermal driver
    Frandom Support
    GPU 27Mhz
    Backlight min and max tweaked

----------
    I highly recommend to flash my kernel with the lastest TWRP by @Hardstyl3r
    ----------

qbzWGfE.jpg

ArtxLite for Oreo only:

AnyKernel Installer:
    MEGA

Extras:

ArtxUltra for Nougat Only:

AnyKernel Installer:
    MEGA

KernelAdiutor:

Kernel Adiutor
    Please change the theme to dark! (White its bugged :( )

LineageStock Kernel for Oreo (And Nougat soon):

Did you installed my Kernel or other Kernel and you just want to go
    back to the stock Kernel your ROM had before? This is for you, flash
    this and you'll get rid of your custom kernel ;)

LineageStock Kernel

All my work:

My Development Folder

ExuVqtO.jpg

Wanna join a LG G3 Development Telegram group? Any User or Developer is welcome!!
    If you have any question or you need help, get in! (let me know if the link is broken :D)

WtFGNSc.jpg

- Oreo ROM's (ArtxLite & LineageStock)
    - Nougat ROM's (ArtxUltra)

J2L4yLO.jpg

@cesarandres_8911, @savoca, @faux123, LineageOS Team, @osm0sis, @frap129
    @Feinzer, LG, @matthewdalex, @Andrei F, @yarpiin, @Robshr, @amarullz,
    @Hardstyl3r, @ZjemCiKolege and me
    Thanks @Francois Amom for his amazing logo design :D
    If anyone is missing here PM me :)

I'll be updating these kernels until I've pulished every feature and code :good:
    If you like the kernel and want to do a small donation it for sure gonna help me a lot and keep me motivated! :laugh:
    Thank you and enjoy it!

XDA:DevDB Information
    ArtxKernel for Oreo, Kernel for the LG G3

Contributors
    Stayn
    Source Code: https://github.com/Artx-II/ultra_kernel_lge_g3

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2018-07-31

Created 2017-10-24
    Last Updated 2018-07-31
    Changelog!

Artx Kernel:

Code:
    - Based on LineageOS Oreo
    - Fixed all perfomance related issues
    - Cleaned source
    - Replaced Thermal control with Simple Thermal Driver
    - Fixed Fastcharge
    - Added Voltage Control
    - Added Custom Kernel Adiutor Solution with FastCharge Controls

* Also available for Nougat *

v5.0
    - Added MSM_Limiter
    - Gentle fair sleepers and Arch power added
    - Overload of Governors!
    - Added Artx Governor
    - Lots of optimizations
    - Battery optimizations

v4.0
    - Reverted some v3.0 changes
    - Disabled a lot of useless Debug options 
    - General optimizations

v3.1
    - Fixed huge battery drain
    - Removed fastcharge till the next release

v3.0
    - Added MSM, Alucard, Bricked, Intelli and AutpSMP Hotplugs
    - Backlight min and max tweaked
    - 27Mhz GPU
    - Boosted GPU Freq a bit
    - Frandom support
    - Simplified thermal driver
    - Upstramed kernel 3.10.y patches to cpufreq
    - fsync changes
    - 3x faster integer sqrt
    - other optimizations for battery life and perfomance

v2.1
    - Fixed random freezes (Updated RAM Management)
    - Stability fixes
    - Spectrum Support + App is now optional

v2.0
    - Add State notifier
    - Added Schedulers: Tripndroid, Fiops, Sio, VR, Maple, Zen, Fifo
    - Added Simple GPU Algorithm + Adreno Idler
    - Added Powersuspend
    - Fastcharge Support   
    - Per-Core CPU Boost
    - Hotplug Boost

v1.0
    - Initial Stable release

G3X Ultimate Kernel R.I.P.

Code:
    v1.0
    - Initial stable release

Kernel goals:

- Re add all governors, schedulers and TPC algorithms!
    - Add intellithermal
    - Add Per-CPU Boost, hotplug boost and wakeup boost
    - FastCharge
    - MSM_Limiter
    - Look again into Voltage control feature and try to re-add it!
    - Adreno Idler and Simple GPU Algorithm
    - All the hotplugs
    - State Notifier
    - Frandom
    - Brightness control
    - And a lot of optimizations!

Features Guide:

CPU:

- Governors: Read this
    - CPU Booost: Boost your CPU Frequency on screen touch event, my kernel has per-core touch boost frequency so you can configure how many CPU's will be boosted at your preferred frequency.
    - Hotplug Boost: When a Core is plugged, it gets boosted a little

Thermal:

- Core control: Enable and disable throttling, this enables the thermal engine and enable VDD restriction and core throttle. Be careful with this because an excesive overheat can reduce the device life time (and battery)
    - VDD Restriction: Limits CPU voltage, limiting it will decrease temperature
    - Core Throttle: Throttles CPU when enabled, this decrease CPU frequency to a lower step when it reaches a specified temperature

GPU:

- Gaming mode: The GPU will be always at maximun avalible frequency (Not always at 578Mhz because thermal engine can throttle the frequency)
    - Simple GPU Algorithm: Like the name say, is a simple GPU Governor that works like simple_ondemand, I recommend more Adreno Idler
    - Adreno Idler: Please read this

Don't enable Simple GPU and Adreno Idler together, this can result in a bad GPU Managament and it can generates overheat, also, those two algorithms only works on the "msm-adreno-tz" GPU governor

Screen:

- You should know how to config it at your liking

Sound:

- My kernel uses Faux123 sound control, you can set independent headphone gain that's a kernel level sound gain, so, this will not distortion your audio until you put a very high value.

Battery:

- Fastcharge: Forces Fast charging (This can reduce your battery life)
    - Arch Power: Enable or disable some Arch especific power funcions for battery saving
    - PowerSuspend Mode: I didn't found information about this but I know that the best option is "Hybrid"
    - State Notifier: This driver notifies screen events (when you touch it). It works with Maple scheduler (You need to enable this if you're going to use Maple) and other kernel things.
    - Krait C-States: Power saving settings, I recommend to disable only "C1 (Retention)" because if can cause screen flickering and slow the phone wakeup.

I/O Scheduler:

- Scheduler: Read this
    - Read-ahead: The Re-ahead value on the phone memory, because the device memory is very fast, it should be at 128kB, for SDCards that are a lot more slow a good value is 1024kB or 2048kB
    - Rotational storage: Treat device as rotational storage, like HDD Hard drivers, just leave it disabled, we don't need it
    - Add Random: In some cases, the overhead of I/O events contributing to the entropy pool for /dev/random is measurable. In such cases, it may be desirable to set this value to 0
    - I/O Stats: Like the name says, it maintains I/O statistics, if you disable it, memory monitoring apps will not work. (I don't need this so I disabled it)
    - RQ Affinity: Try to have scheduler request complete on the CPU core they were made from. This can be a power saving feature

Kernel Samepage Merging:

Don't touch this if you don't know what you're doing

Low Memory Killer:

- Adaptive Low Memory Killer: Keep this feature enabled because it'll save you from random freezes (It makes Low Memory Killer aggresive dynamically when a thrashing scenario is detected)
    - Low Memory Killer profile: "Agressive" is recommended, if you think that it'll close all your apps you're wrong, we've 3GB of RAM and these are the settings:
    * Foreground Applications: 4MB
    * Visible Applications: 8MB
    * Secondary Server: 16MB
    * Hidden Applications: 32MB
    * Content Providers: 48MB
    * Empty Applications: 64MB

Virtual Memory:

Every detail about this settings are well explained in Kernel Adiutor, but in general there's no need to touch this

Misc:

- Android logging: Disabling this can improve your phone a bit (It's not noticeable)
    - Software CRC Control: Is a driver that prevents data corruptions but data blocks can lose up to 30% of perfomance, you can safely turn it off
    - FSync: The kernel provides system calls for syncing single files and filesystems which flush the corresponding file buffers to storage. Disabling FSync reduces the number of I/O Opetaions which can improve the responsiveness of the device and reduce battery drain. However, disabling it increases the risk of data loss on a crash/freeze.

If your ROM with my kernel is very stable, you can safely turn off FSync and if you're on f2fs filesystem NEVER turn it off because you gonna have to format EVERYTHING if the data gets corrupt by a crash/freeze

You can always recover your phone in case of data corrupt if you're on ext4 filesystem with TWRP, in wiping section -> select which partitions to wipe -> select one and press on partition settings or more settings.

This is all for now! I'll explain each new feature that I introduce in my kernel here, thanks for reading and I happy twaking!

Spectrum Guide:

Spectrum Kernel Manager!! Thanks to @frap129!!

This amazing app let you select between 4 profiles, Battery, Balanced, Perfomance and Gaming,
    all of these configured by me:

Battery: I've set various battery savings configs here, it's designed for the best battery savings and if you don't care about UI lags then this is for you

Balanced: As its name says, a very good balanced profile that evit UI Lags and the battery keeps still awesome, you can use this profile to run games without getting your phone overheating

Perfomance: This is not a pure Perfomance profile like others that simply puts your governor in "Perfomance" and things like that, this profile keeps all the UI Smoothness anytime and it doesn't drains the battery, if you're very UI Lag sensitive then this is your profile. Recommended

Gaming: Pure perfomance, play any game with this profile at maximum power, this profile keeps the FPS constants with blu_active governor, if you don't care about battery life or overheating and just want to play games then this is for you

Also, All this profiles are customizable, look at your internal storage ~/Spectrum/profiles/ folder, there's 4 files for each profile. If you don't wanna mess with all the kernel features then I highly recommend to you Spectrum!
    Hello guys!

After a long time trying to re-add all the features from Artx to the new Oreo Kernel, after so many testings, I did what I wanted, a smooth, stable and optimized kernel with all the features that all my projects had, the nice thing, is that we now have all the features (Including FastCharge and VoltageControl) without perfomance lose (I mean, without lags, spikes, etc...). This might be the final version of this kernel, but at least, we have a solid and stable kernel out of here for our G3 (This doesn't mean that I can make small updates of this version in case of an issue), also, this Kernel is only for Oreo ROM's . So, with all of this said, lets proceed to the changes :)

ArtxUltra Kernel!

* v6.0
    - Based on LineageOS Oreo
    - Fixed all perfomance related issues
    - Cleaned source
    - Replaced Thermal control with Simple Thermal Driver
    - Fixed Fastcharge
    - Added Voltage Control
    - Added Custom Kernel Adiutor Solution with FastCharge Controls

I've built long ago the Kernel Adiutor app with controls for FastCharge driver, Screen Sharpening and modified the Dark Theme, I've set a download link in the main Thread :)

Also, now ArtxUltra comes with two different installers! Choose AROMA Installer if you want to configure a little the settings at boot and AnyKernel Installer if you just want to flash and use the kernel! (They both have the same features) :good:

If you really consider a small donation I'll be very grateful with you, now, enjoy the pure smoothness! If theres a problem do not hesitate to tell me ;)
    Hey guys!

New Builds Up!

Artx Oreo Kernel
    - Reverted some v3.0 patches
    - Disabled a lot of useless Debug options
    - General optimizations

How this version runs? You tell me...
    Enjoy :)
    Hey guys, time for a BIG update!

Artx Kernel v5.0
    - Gentle fair sleepers and Arch power added
    - Overload of Governors!
    - Added Artx Governor
    - Added MSM_Limiter
    - Lots of optimizations
    - Battery optimizations

Introducing Artx Governor:

Artx Governor, based on interactive is a governor which purpose is get a perfect balance between perfomance and battery life. This governor is more simple than interactive and ahs included Touchboost feature disabled by default (In tunables). It's very new so feedback is very apreciated so we can get this governor working perfectly, designed for our G3 :)

For Oreo 8.1 Users:

Artx Kernel v5.0 for Oreo 8.1 ONLY!
    - Same features as normal Artx Kernel

Also, G3X Ultimate Kernel is now released!

v1.0
    Features:
    - Kcal v2 Color control
    - Faux sound control
    - Fsync control
    - Disabled software CRC
    - Perfomance and Battery optimzations

As you see, this G3X Kernel is very light and simple but it's a monster on perfomance and battery life, VERY recommended to flash and use, there's no need to configure anything :good:

And to finish, ArtxKernel Re-Configurer:

Like the name says, its a AROMA Zip to Re-Configure the kernel without flashing it again, very useful :)

This is all for now, enjoy! :cool: