Development [Kernel] (Anakin) Skywalker ZS673KS - Stable Gaming [3/31/2022]

Search This thread

rhendywp

Oct 23, 2014
Jakarta
after flashing for a while, i constantly got this in my screen everytime my phone goes standby. any help ?

1640707093917.png

Last edited:
Check what you have installed in Magisk. Some of the older modules (and versions of Magisk itself) do that. Getting rid of the safetynet fix and updating Magisk instead also helps.

It's basically something trying to crash the phone without the backend present to go into a bootloop. Solve the cause of the bootloop and it will solve that.

rhendywp

Oct 23, 2014
Jakarta
Check what you have installed in Magisk. Some of the older modules (and versions of Magisk itself) do that. Getting rid of the safetynet fix and updating Magisk instead also helps.

It's basically something trying to crash the phone without the backend present to go into a bootloop. Solve the cause of the bootloop and it will solve that.
i didnt install any modules on magisk. it seems indonesian firmware is different. i magisk patched a wrong firmware ended with 211 while my firmware is 210. maybe that caused it. i will try the correct img and will report back later

still no luck at my side

my firmware is WW-18.0840.2112.210

I rebuilt the kernel just to make sure nothing got messed up in the update process, but that's really all I can do. Unfortunately, that issue is a sensitive subject on xda.

jhosharath

Jan 1, 2011
Pondicherry
Samsung Galaxy S23

Attachments

• Logcat.zip
    536.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

jhosharath

Jan 1, 2011
Pondicherry
Samsung Galaxy S23
Updated to the rebuilt kernel and tested it. Whenever i enable Always on Display i get that ramdump error within a few minutes/in sometime. Also i noticed that whenever i connect to a Bluetooth headset or speaker my media volume is always set at around 80%. Dont know whether it is kernel specific.

Last edited:

rhendywp

Oct 23, 2014
Jakarta
Updated to the rebuilt kernel and tested it. Whenever i enable Always on Display i get that ramdump error within a few minutes/in sometime. Also i noticed that whenever i connect to a Bluetooth headset or speaker my media volume is always set at around 80%. Dont know whether it is kernel specific.
yea it seems AOD is the main problem here

yea it seems AOD is the main problem here

Makes sense. That's one thing i've never used.

After running some testing, it seems the AOD itself isn't an issue. It crashes trying to return from it. For now, let's just say "incompatible with AOD" until a fix is added.

Last edited:
Reactions: jhosharath

jhosharath

Jan 1, 2011
Pondicherry
Samsung Galaxy S23
In the new rebuild if i had an animated theme set (had pubg new state theme) there was issue while unlocking like dispay doesnt show up but responds to my touch (vibrates) when i double tap so i have press power button twice or thrice to turn on display.

I switched to the old build and didnt notice that problem. Also my Bluetooth volume now is what the last volume set (previously it always resets to 80% whenever i connect). Dont know whether it is specific to me.

rhendywp

Oct 23, 2014
Jakarta
In the new rebuild if i had an animated theme set (had pubg new state theme) there was issue while unlocking like dispay doesnt show up but responds to my touch (vibrates) when i double tap so i have press power button twice or thrice to turn on display.

yes i got this problem too with default theme. other than that it seems perfect

Threw up a copy of the kernel without the display updates until I get through all the changes and see what can be safely added back.

I have attached one with the updates that should also be fixed, but I will be testing it a bit longer before making it an "official" release.

Last edited:
Reactions: jhosharath

jhosharath

Jan 1, 2011
Pondicherry
Samsung Galaxy S23
Threw up a copy of the kernel without the display updates until I get through all the changes and see what can be safely added back.

I have attached one with the updates that should also be fixed, but I will be testing it a bit longer before making it an "official" release.
Thank you. I will also try the attached kernel with updates and will post regarding my experience with the kernel😊.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Obsolete post. Please disregard.
    Vegeta9000.gif

This kernel is (just barely a little) experimental. Use at your own risk.
    Feel free to skip past the first 5 pages when reading over this thread.​

This kernel assumes a few things about you, the user:

1. You have a ROG Phone 5
    2. You have read all warnings and instructions
    3. You are rooted (implying an unlocked bootloader)
    4. You have an installation method
    5. You have a backup boot image
    6. You have disabled Always-on Panel

Releases will be labeled with the commit hash of their source. The newest firmware is recommended for this kernel, but not necessarily required. I am not responsible for any issues or damage caused by installing this kernel, so have a backup ready before proceeding.

Skywalker Releases
    (Descending, By Date)​

Thank you to everyone that has contributed to kernel development.
    Specific credit is provided by maintaining accurate commit history.

[Thread Cleaned]

Please keep the conversation respectful and on-topic. Think to yourself: "Will this contribute to the development of this kernel?" before posting and we'll all be much happier. Any questions or concerns about this announcement can be voiced in my PM box. Just please let our devs work their magic and support them; it's the only way forward.

Stay safe!
    Timmy
    Forum Moderator
    Formatted my hard drive and installed Mojave. Hopefully whatever issues were on my end should get resolved by doing everything fresh.

Asus has also begun diagnosing the issue. Their support is horribly slow, but has at least agreed to investigate.

Asus has just released new firmware and source for V18.0840.2104.47

The next kernel release will require updating to V18.0840.2104.47