[KERNEL][Android 10/11] nem0 Kernel for OP7 series

Search This thread

AnnoyingZlatan

Jun 5, 2012
Tuzla
v1.6 is ready and up on Google Drive! I would reccommend everyone to switch to it as the issue with potential crashdumps and pm_qos affinity warnings is fixed now.
Changelog:
-Fixed bad affining of a pm_qos request (no more crashdumps and dmesg spam)
-Reverted schedutil migration updates
-Scheduler code cleanup

il183690

Feb 3, 2014
Hi Zlatan, I have strange problem with last update. Everything is fine but camera won't turn on. It just freeze at startup and device restarts. I tried clearing cache and data but problem still remains. On 1.5 it worked fine.
Device is OnePlus 7 Pro with last oxygen eu update

AnnoyingZlatan

Jun 5, 2012
Tuzla
Hi Zlatan, I have strange problem with last update. Everything is fine but camera won't turn on. It just freeze at startup and device restarts. I tried clearing cache and data but problem still remains. On 1.5 it worked fine.
Device is OnePlus 7 Pro with last oxygen eu update
Hey, thanks for reporting! Did you try both oos and gcam? Btw can you try one of the test builds -debugv2 and see if that fixes problems for you?

a63548

Apr 6, 2009
This kernel has been running great with no issues at all! :) Thank you very much for all your hard work @AnnoyingZlatan! Absolutely love all frequent updates, and testing that is going on. Definitely enjoy reading the information in the telegram group as well.

Reactions: AnnoyingZlatan

AnnoyingZlatan

Jun 5, 2012
Tuzla
v1.7 is ready and up on Google Drive! After fixing bad affinement in 1.6, I went on and updated more pm_qos related stuff. This version yielded great performance nad battery life for me and my testers. Changelog from previous versions:

-Switch to raw bitwise operations in pm_qos cpumasks
-Disable SLUB per-CPU partial caches
-Many drm/msm patches from Sultan
-Scheduler improvements

Enjoy! :)

AnnoyingZlatan

Jun 5, 2012
Tuzla
v1.8 is ready and up on Google Drive! This is a relatively big one :D

Changelog from previous versions:

-Upstream kernel to 4.14.222
-Strip down Qualcomm's ufs pm_qos implementation and replace with much simpler Sultan's solution
-Cleanup remaining ufs pm_qos code
-Remove L2PC pm_qos feature
-Remove IRQF_NO_SUSPEND flag from smp2p driver
-Tentatively bring back LTO builds
-Integrate OTA updates in Franco's Karamel Manager (link for the json: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nem0-z/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150/master/ota/update.json)

Enjoy! :)

nagi_007pk

Aug 23, 2012
OnePlus 7T
v1.9 is ready and up on Google Drive and ota in FKM! This is a relatively minor update.

Changelog from previous versions:
-Scheduler improvements
-Disable RUNTIME_SHARE and TTWU_QUEUE scheduler features
-msm/kgsl code cleanup
Hey man kind of a noobish question but I am on an f2fs data partition for arter kernel. If I flash this kernel will it boot or not? I saw the upstreamed f2fs patches. Just wondering if your kernel does support that. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    v3.1 is ready and up on Google Drive and over the OTA in FKM and it is a minor update.

Changelog:

-Kernel upstreamed to 4.14.227
    -Lots of scheduler patches from mainline
    -Optimized PID map reads (improved performance and battery life)
    -Update 12ms PELT half-life values

Enjoy :)
    Haven't checked in here for a while so just wanted to give you a heads up. Currently I'm working on Dora A11 kernel (compatible with OOS and AOSP as always ofc). It's at the state of what nem0 builds used to be, has no bugs and runs great but I still need some time to finish the bring up of few more sections. Nem0 A10 kernel will get one more update in upcoming time. You can join us in Telegram to test out new Dora A11 kernel, everyone is happy so far with it and I hope you will be too 🙂
    This kernel support oos
    android 11?
    No
    Fine for custom A11 roms though 😍
    I'm curious; Derpfest is android 11 right? If so, is mtp working as it's supposed to when using this kernel?
    I'm using StatiXOS and the dev mentioned that until proper 11 sources are baked in, mtp breaks..
    Latest Deep from 4/8/21 has oos11 blobsand should have mtp. Previous builds have oos10 blobs and broken mtp
    Introduction

nem0 Kernel is CAF based kernel aiming to provide great stability and performance while maxing out battery life!

Code:
    // Your warranty is now void.
    //
    // I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    // Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Kernel before flashing it!
    // YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Main Features:
    - Unified for OOS 10 and Android 10/11 Custom ROMs
    - Based and upstreamed to latest CAF tags for the SD855
    - Upstreamed to latest Linux-Stable
    - Upstreamed to latest F2FS stable
    - Compiled with Clang 13 and -O3 speed optimizations flags
    - SCS, CFI, DCE, Polly optimizations
    - Simple LMK driver from kerneltoast
    - BBR2 TCP congestion algorithm
    - 675 MHz GPU OC
    - PELT scheduling mechanism
    - Many scheduler backports from mainline and/or 4.19 Google kernel
    - Zip made using latest AnyKernel3 release, retains root on flash (Stable Magisk 21.4 or higher reccommended)
    - Zip flashable through EXKM/FKM/TWRP
    *FKM over-the-air updates are supported, import the following json:
    *(https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nem0-z/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150/master/ota/update.json)
    - Many more features I don't remember right now, check source if you're interested or contact me on Telegram!

Bug reports:
    - If you want to report a bug, please provide some sort of logs (logcat, dmesg)

Flashing instructions:
    - Just flash it through TWRP or EX or Franco's Kernel Manager apps
    - No sorts of configs needed, flash and be happy out of the box

Downloads
    Stable and Test builds: Google Drive

Kernel being actively tested in this group: Telegram

Donations
    If you would like to keep this project going with more improvements, feel free to support it: PayPal

Thank you to:

@0ctobot(Adam Willis) for great Neutrino Kernel base
    @osm0sis for AnyKernel
    @nathanchance for help with upstreams
    @topjohnwu for magisk
    @idkwhoiam322, @KuranKaname for being good friends :D
    @BobAzzon, @npv12, @Gabyrx7, @Reechings and rest of my dear friends that tested the kernel (really, wouldn't be possible without you guys <3)

Contributors
    nem0 aka AnnoyingZlatan
    Source Code: GitHub

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-01-31
    Last Updated 2021-01-31
    v3.1 is ready and up on Google Drive and over the OTA in FKM and it is a minor update.

Changelog:

-Kernel upstreamed to 4.14.227
    -Lots of scheduler patches from mainline
    -Optimized PID map reads (improved performance and battery life)
    -Update 12ms PELT half-life values

Enjoy :)
    v1.5 is ready and uploaded on Drive! It's a relatively minor update if we take out the f2fs-stable upstream. Changelog:
    -Kernel upstreamed to 4.14.221
    -f2fs upstreamed to f2fs-stable-5.11_rc1
    -Wireguard updated to 24012021 build
    -Ashmem driver rewrite and optimizations
    -Switch to 10ms pelt half life
    -scsi/ufs upstream patches

Enjoy!
    v2.2 is ready and up on Google Drive and over the OTA in FKM! We are going straight to 2.2 since 2.1 had some issues and it's quite a big changelog anyway. Changelog from 2.0.1:

-Reconcile latest ashmem patches from sultan (caused issues for guacamoleb users)
    -Improved boot time
    -RCU backports from mainline
    -Lot of scheduler code backports and improvements
    -Use power efficient workqueues where possible
    -Refine GPU clock (190MHz is now min)
    -Update Wireguard to 20210219
    -Revert some problematic commits

Enjoy!

Oh and by the way, Magisk 22 works like charm now and sticks after kernel flash. :geek:
    v1.3 is ready and uploaded on Drive! Pretty big update regarding the scheduler with some other minor patches.

Rough changelog from 1.2:
    -Introduce uclamp mechanism
    -Switch to and tune Round Robin scheduling algorithm instead of default queueing
    -Reduce PELT halflife from 12ms to 16ms
    -Update scheduler migration values from latest Pixel (still unsure about this)
    -Update compiler to latest Proton Clang 13
    -Many other minor optimizations mostly courtesy of Sultan

Enjoy!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone