• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL][Android 10/11][OOS/Custom] mcd-kernel [r10]

Search This thread

vonstarr

Aug 21, 2010
Hello,

finally fajita is able to boot custom kernels because of latests OxygenOS kernel source drop. Nothing more to report, have a look at the changelog.. Enjoy :)

# Changelog:
  • Compiled with mcd clang v12, LTO and LLD
  • Upstream OnePlus kernel sources 11.1.1.1 (fixes fajita custom kernel support)
  • Upstream AnyKernel3
  • Scheduler (schedtune) changes
  • Fix big cluster usage
  • Config_hz 300
  • Misc changes

Thanks to anyone who improve this project with me.

# Notes:

• Your custom ROM must be updated to OxgenOS 11 firmware / vendor
  • Two-in-One kernel image installer (OxygenOS / custom ROM)
  • Network speed meter isn't working, most probably because of incomplete OnePlus kernel sources.

# Download:

Github: mcd r10

FKM Updater configs: OxygenOS / custom ROM

# Installation:

Dirty flash over any previous mcd-kernel is just fine. Consider a clean ROM flash if you are coming from any other custom kernel!

# Support:

• If you want to support me, leave a like or a comment
  • Join our telegram group or update channel
  • Another appreciated way to support me: via PayPal :)
How is it that whenever I boot up your kernel after running stock for any amount of time it feels like I bought a new phone? I'm flabbergasted as to how poorly the official kernel does everything and how you're able to reverse all that! Great work as usual! Thank you!

Gytole

Aug 7, 2013
How is it that whenever I boot up your kernel after running stock for any amount of time it feels like I bought a new phone? I'm flabbergasted as to how poorly the official kernel does everything and how you're able to reverse all that! Great work as usual! Thank you!
This.
The first time I ever used this kernel I was like "Yup, this is the one."
I feel the exact same way, plus it is nice to come home after ALL day at work from using my phone to look up car stuff for my job, and have 88 percent. Since I upgraded to 11.1.1.1 I was stuck on stock kernel and my battery life was 50 percent when I got home. FOR WEEKS NOW.
Finally back to normal. Best kernel hands down.
This and Blu are my favorite, but I have to lean to this.

vkass

Jan 8, 2011
Wow thank you!
Fixed all my hanging and lag issues, even fixed freezing issue on a certain website I had.

Dec 8, 2014
OnePlus 6
Hello,

finally fajita is able to boot custom kernels because of latests OxygenOS kernel source drop. Nothing more to report, have a look at the changelog.. Enjoy :)

# Changelog:
  • Compiled with mcd clang v12, LTO and LLD
  • Upstream OnePlus kernel sources 11.1.1.1 (fixes fajita custom kernel support)
  • Upstream AnyKernel3
  • Scheduler (schedtune) changes
  • Fix big cluster usage
  • Config_hz 300
  • Misc changes

Thanks to anyone who improve this project with me.

# Notes:

• Your custom ROM must be updated to OxgenOS 11 firmware / vendor
  • Two-in-One kernel image installer (OxygenOS / custom ROM)
  • Network speed meter isn't working, most probably because of incomplete OnePlus kernel sources.

# Download:

Github: mcd r10

FKM Updater configs: OxygenOS / custom ROM

# Installation:

Dirty flash over any previous mcd-kernel is just fine. Consider a clean ROM flash if you are coming from any other custom kernel!

# Support:

Great and much needed update! Thanks for your hard work. Glad you were able to sort the lockscreen lag issue from Ambient display. Out if curiosity did you find what oos 11.1.1.1 did with ambient display that caused that? Or did upstreaming the source fix it?

OldNoobOne

Can I try this MCD Kernel on SM-M215G (samsung galaxy M21 2021 edition) & Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 (Mojito)? Both these phones have android 11. I was searching for a good kernel on the internet when I some forum reported that MCD & Radioactive kernels were working with Android 11, will it work?

Dec 8, 2014
OnePlus 6
Can I try this MCD Kernel on SM-M215G (samsung galaxy M21 2021 edition) & Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 (Mojito)? Both these phones have android 11. I was searching for a good kernel on the internet when I some forum reported that MCD & Radioactive kernels were working with Android 11, will it work?
I don't think so. That's a completely different phone. This is for the OnePlus 6 phone. Kernels aren't flashable based only on the Android versions. OP can correct me if I'm wrong but I think the kernels include specific drivers, firmware, and etc. for each phone's hardware.

mcdachpappe

Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2015
In general:
Do not flash kernel images which were designed for a different device. The reason why was explained already in the post above.

This kernel:
Installer would fail anyway because it checks for a supported device before installing. Most custom kernels have this device check nowadays.

OldNoobOne

In general:
Do not flash kernel images which were designed for a different device. The reason why was explained already in the post above.

This kernel:
Installer would fail anyway because it checks for a supported device before installing. Most custom kernels have this device check nowadays.
Yes, I did try flashing MCD on Galaxy M21 Andro11 just after posting my question here & sure as mentioned by Samuel & you , it didnt flash!, I tried by modifying the updater script but noop twrp error:1 stopped it lol. Im not a developer so I dont know how to make programs on my own ;'-( , I sure miss that power lol cox I cant take advantage of Open Source. But thanks for answering. I really needed a Universal Superman Kernel for some laggy devices lol.

cerberus90

Jul 24, 2013
Terengganu
Hi sorry noob question here. Read through the thread but couldnt find any info for it.
My question is; im currently on DotOS 5.1 on OP6; i wanted to flash mcd kernel on top of the Illusion kernel as i have been experiencing bad standby time on data, mediocre SOT on wifi. Tried flashing the mcd kernel using twrp but ended up stucked at the warning with exclamation (unlocked bootloader screen). Tried clean flashing the rom then kernel but same end result. May i know how can i solve this?

Many thanks sifus! :)

Koushik87

Nov 3, 2014
Kolkata
Hi sorry noob question here. Read through the thread but couldnt find any info for it.
My question is; im currently on DotOS 5.1 on OP6; i wanted to flash mcd kernel on top of the Illusion kernel as i have been experiencing bad standby time on data, mediocre SOT on wifi. Tried flashing the mcd kernel using twrp but ended up stucked at the warning with exclamation (unlocked bootloader screen). Tried clean flashing the rom then kernel but same end result. May i know how can i solve this?

Check the right version based on your android version. R7 is the last A10 build, above that all are A11 builds.Also if u r coming from other kernels dirty flash is not recommended.

Reactions: mcdachpappe

mcdachpappe

Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2015
Check the right version based on your android version. R7 is the last A10 build, above that all are A11 builds.Also if u r coming from other kernels dirty flash is not recommended.

@cerberus90 :
your custom ROM vendor base is important, not android version.

until r7: OxygenOS 10 vendor base
starting of r8: OxygenOS 11 vendor base

dotOS 5.x is based on oos10 vendor base, so latest supported build is mcd kernel r7

Reactions: kamilmirza

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

@cerberus90 :

dotOS 5.x is based on oos10 vendor base, so latest supported build is mcd kernel r7
    @cerberus90 :

Worked like charm. Thank you so much 👏
    caMCQkK.png

Code:
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, or you getting
    * fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any
    * concerns about features included in this KERNEL before flashing it. YOU are
    * choosing to make these modifications.

I would like to share with you my personal kernel build. It's based on the upstreamed android-linux-stable kernel source with additional features and commits from different great developers out there.

# Main Features:
    • Systemless installation
    • Passes SafetyNet
    • #########################################
    • Upstream android-stable-linux
    • Upstream OnePlus/OxygenOS 10 kernel source and OxygenOS 11
    • Battery_idle mode support [Advanced charging controller needed]
    • CPU input_boost - [disabled by default]
    • FSync toggle - [enabled by default]
    • GPU: adrenoboost [low / mid / high]
    • KCAL color control
    • K-Lapse support
    • Led control [OP6 only]
    • Minimum backlight control and high brightness option
    • Sound control and Microfone gain
    • TCP: advanced TCP algorithms - [Westwood as default]
    • USB Fast Charge toggle - [disabled by default]
    • Vibration control
    • Wakelock blocker
    • WiFi module picked from CAF's source
    • WireGuard support
    • Removed a lot of debugging stuff and log spam

# Download:
    Latest: mcd r10

# Support:
    • Leave a like or a comment - this keeps me motivated :)
    • PayPal donations are another appreciated way: Thank you very much!

# Telegram contact:

# Sources:

# Credits:
    • Thanks to these great guys and their programming skills and their sources: acuicultor, arter97, eng.stk, flar2, joshuous, kdrag0n, kerneltoast, kristofpetho, LordBoeffla, nathanchance, osm0sis, RenderBroken, tanish2k09, zx2c4, 0ctobot
    • Huge thanks to @rippledrums for designing our logo!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [KERNEL][OOS/CUSTOM] mcd-kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    mcdachpappe
    Source Code: https://github.com/mcdachpappe/android_kernel_oneplus_sdm845

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2019-05-19
    Last Updated 2021-08-06
    Hello everyone,

enjoy our latest release :) Thanks for everyone who help me out to improve this project!

# Changelog:

• Compiled with mcd clang v13 for maximum stability
    • Upstream Anykernel3 source
    • Upstream OOS kernel source 10.3.11
    • Upstream up to android stable-linux to 4.9.270
    • Upstream/merge up to latest CAF tag 'LA.UM.9.3.r1-02100-sdm845.0'
    • Downstream wifi drivers to CAF tag 'LA.UM.8.3.r1-08800-sdm845.0' [last known well working drivers]
    • Upstream scheduler changes from android-4.14
    • Clean-up the kernel tree
    • Fix some previous mismerges
    • Many more I may forgot

# Notes:

Choose the correct kernel .zip file depending on your current ROM:
    • _oos: OxygenOS 10.*
    • _custom: Any AOSP based custom ROM
    • _custom-los: AOSP based custom ROM with LineageOS displaymode handling (livedisplay), such as LineageOS, SyberiaOS

# Download:

Github: mcd-r4

FKM Updater configs: oos / custom / custom-los

# Installation:

# Support:

Update - build 23-08-2020

Hi,

nothing special this time.

Changelog:
    • Upstreamed to android-linux-stable 4.9.233
    • Merged OxygenOS 10.3.5 kernel changes

Bottom line:
    Installation:
    • Flash kernel .zip via kernel manager app or custom recovery.
    • If you are upgrading between mcd-kernel builds, just flash your desired mcd-kernel version.

Known issues:
    • McLaren detection won't work with builds starting of 14-11-2020 due to removed OnePlus drivers.
    • Gestures might not work on some custom ROMs as this kernel uses LineageOS gesture handling.

Troubleshooting:
    Try one or more of these steps before flashing this kernel if you run into issues:​
    • Delete your kernel-manager-app data
    • Dirty flash your current ROM / Flash a clean boot.img
    If you are still facing any issues, join our telegram group.​

Kernel history:
    Hello,

ZRAM is back and hopefully satisfies our multitasking users. Besides that double-tap-to-wake should be working for everyone again. Enjoy :)

# Changelog:
    • Compiled with mcd clang v11, LLD and llvm-tools
    • Upstream to android stable-linux to 4.9.278
    • Enable ZRAM and writeback [2GB of size and lzo-rle as comp]
    • Clean-up touchscreen driver [fixes gestures on some custom ROMs]

Thanks - again - to anyone who tries to improve this project with me.

# Notes:

Choose the correct kernel .zip file depending on your current ROM:
    • _oos: OxygenOS 10.*
    • _custom: LineageOS based custom ROMs

# Download:

Github: mcd r7

FKM Updater configs: oos | custom

# Installation:

# Support: