• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Kernel | Android 10 | One UI 2.5 | FUF5/FUH1] BeastMode Kernel v2 for N960F | v2.12 | 20211024

Search This thread

otaking71

May 11, 2009
since i can't seem to find it anywhere else...would you happen to know where i can see the stock voltage table for all of the cpus and gpu?

otaking71

May 11, 2009
and i read your comment in freeza's original thread...long time lurker...but i'm also in your boat...having to replace my sprint note 4...and went this route....man so much has changed. I think _A LOT_ can be gained by having a proper kernel. I'm more than willing to be a guinea pig if you need a good one that will give you good feedback. I just hate how the 64 bit phones and their locked bootloaders really thinned out the dev community =/

ykkfive

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
and i read your comment in freeza's original thread...long time lurker...but i'm also in your boat...having to replace my sprint note 4...and went this route....man so much has changed. I think _A LOT_ can be gained by having a proper kernel. I'm more than willing to be a guinea pig if you need a good one that will give you good feedback. I just hate how the 64 bit phones and their locked bootloaders really thinned out the dev community =/

first, i would like to apologize for the delay.... i was busy fixing my router, just recovered part of it about half an hour ago... the files were ready but i need to compare them and change them from hex to dec for you

yeah the changes were so.... i cant think of a word to describe it atm, but a few yrs ago when i looked at the system partition it made me sick really.... lib, lib64, fake lib, etc. then p & q, changes in SAR, different build.prop files (there r 3 or more co-exist in a device), some rollbacks in q from r etc, all these things are kinda a joke imo, not to mention the bootloader thing, and those snapdragon soc....

anyway, right now i am taking a break after a tough challenge with my router, and the network access resumed bascially. i will post the original values later

lastly, thanks a lot man, i am more than happy to put u in the tester list tbf 😄

otaking71

May 11, 2009
first, i would like to apologize for the delay.... i was busy fixing my router, just recovered part of it about half an hour ago... the files were ready but i need to compare them and change them from hex to dec for you

yeah the changes were so.... i cant think of a word to describe it atm, but a few yrs ago when i looked at the system partition it made me sick really.... lib, lib64, fake lib, etc. then p & q, changes in SAR, different build.prop files (there r 3 or more co-exist in a device), some rollbacks in q from r etc, all these things are kinda a joke imo, not to mention the bootloader thing, and those snapdragon soc....

anyway, right now i am taking a break after a tough challenge with my router, and the network access resumed bascially. i will post the original values later

lastly, thanks a lot man, i am more than happy to put u in the teste
between the change in the bootloader....the change in scheduler behavior....and ALSO going having these phones with multiple core types....the learning curve is beyond steep. I used to keep a spare note 4 for parts...I might get a spare n960f if this picks up. I saw the gpu voltages stock...and the scaling makes 0 sense....i'd hate to see what the cpu side looks like. From what i've understood...the asv values are derived from silicon..while eas values are in the kernel?

ykkfive

Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
between the change in the bootloader....the change in scheduler behavior....and ALSO going having these phones with multiple core types....the learning curve is beyond steep. I used to keep a spare note 4 for parts...I might get a spare n960f if this picks up. I saw the gpu voltages stock...and the scaling makes 0 sense....i'd hate to see what the cpu side looks like. From what i've understood...the asv values are derived from silicon..while eas values are in the kernel?

oops i got it wrong, i cant give you those values atm. all i can tell is the default voltage for gpu should be 800 max, looks like have to trace for the values in the source codes

otaking71

May 11, 2009
oops i got it wrong, i cant give you those values atm. all i can tell is the default voltage for gpu should be 800 max, looks like have to trace for the values in the source codes
i did find those. and it's not only 800 max...it's 800 across the board stock. it's the cpu voltages i've not seen any sign beyond andrei's article on the note 9 on anandtech. thanks for your responses.

ykkfive

Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
i did find those. and it's not only 800 max...it's 800 across the board stock. it's the cpu voltages i've not seen any sign beyond andrei's article on the note 9 on anandtech. thanks for your responses.

here u r

572000=700000
546000=693750
455000=662500
338000=625000
299000=612500
260000=600000

ie the gpu volt is not undervoltaged by default

yeah may be u r right, 800 may not be the max value but by design

Last edited:

otaking71

May 11, 2009
here u r

572000=700000
546000=693750
455000=662500
338000=625000
299000=612500
260000=600000

ie the gpu volt is not undervoltaged by default
Have you verified that the undervolt is actually working? I'll start testing it myself on how the other things interact. I've always run my phone slower than stock...and I can already reproduce some really weird glitches just via forcing certain frequency combinations. I think I'm getting a feel for how effed up the 9810's power implementation is. It's rather intertwined.

ykkfive

Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
Have you verified that the undervolt is actually working? I'll start testing it myself on how the other things interact. I've always run my phone slower than stock...and I can already reproduce some really weird glitches just via forcing certain frequency combinations. I think I'm getting a feel for how effed up the 9810's power implementation is. It's rather intertwined.

from what i can tell is the changes in the voltage settings are stored in the voltage table, so it should be applied
i too undervolt stock values all the time but i dont find any glitches (except antutu), perhaps you can try to adjust the governor and it's settings like high speed delay or high speed load, i find these 2 help

Last edited:

otaking71

May 11, 2009
it's not an undervolt issue. I found the issue on other kernels. I just tried yours a few hours ago and yours seems to be the only one that works with newer stuff and has any type of undervolt. I only underclocked. It seems to be how the clock domains work on this thing. BTW, I can't seem to actually get the gpu to undervolt with the mtweaks app....what app are you using?

ykkfive

Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
it's not an undervolt issue. I found the issue on other kernels. I just tried yours a few hours ago and yours seems to be the only one that works with newer stuff and has any type of undervolt. I only underclocked. It seems to be how the clock domains work on this thing. BTW, I can't seem to actually get the gpu to undervolt with the mtweaks app....what app are you using?

so you think this kernel suits you better or not? coz some ppl prefer other features or results, it's not uncommon, and i would love to hear feedbacks whether it is good or not

btw what "newer stuff" are you talking about?

actually i don use kernel manager as i prefer init scrips (i am a command line guy). it is just for showing the results to the users easily. the kernel manager is a fork of mtweaks called thunder tweaks 9810

and if you reallywant to test the undervolt things, try pushing up the lower 3 freqs volt and leave the phone idle or with a few touches and you should feel the heat, this is relatively safe since undervolting too much will cause the phone crash while over volting it below the highest voltage supported/needed should be fine

Last edited:

otaking71

May 11, 2009
so you think this kernel suits you better or not? coz some ppl prefer other features or results, it's not uncommon, and i would love to hear feedbacks whether it is good or not

btw what "newer stuff" are you talking about?

actually i don use kernel manager as i prefer init scrips (i am a command line guy). it is just for showing the results to the users easily. the kernel manager is a fork of mtweaks called thunder tweaks 9810

and if you reallywant to test the undervolt things, try pushing up the lower 3 freqs volt and leave the phone idle or with a few touches and you should feel the heat, this is relatively safe since undervolting too much will cause the phone crash while over volting it below the highest voltage supported/needed should be fine
oneui / android 10..

and there's definitely something bugged about the kernel.

using an app i could not adjust the voltages at all via the slider on mtweaks or thundertweaks....that corrected itself once i did a wipe and reinstall of the alexisrom and the kernel. I haven't been able to replicate that behavior since. I suspect this was a magisk screwing things up from udates and crap.

i did see the kernel wouldn't boot noblerom at all..and even on the clean reload of alexisrom...if you change any of the gpu speed settings...the voltage sliders completely disappear until reboot. this behavior happens on both mtweaks and thundertweaks

I suspect it's a similar bug to the offlining of a core you mentioned on the previous page..

as for what I want...I want my undervolts.....but there's more to the tuning that I even realized initially. the eas scheduler thing is a WHOLE another animal.

and I understand the ramifications of undervolting...it's just shocking how badly optimized samsung has left it. I actually intend on figuring out the proper voltage scaling curve for mine....and possiblying figure out a rough safe adjustment based on the avs/asv (whatever you wanna call it) bin tables (this is why i want that data)

I was able to hit top 1% of exynos note 9 on the 3dmark gpu benchmark via some minor frequency tuning last night by underclocking the cpus while forcing the phone to stay in the top mif clock domain. I figure if we get a proper voltage curve...we can allow some real overclocking of this thing and see what it can REALLY do.

Last edited:

ykkfive

Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
oneui / android 10..

and there's definitely something bugged about the kernel.

using an app i could not adjust the voltages at all via the slider on mtweaks or thundertweaks....that corrected itself once i did a wipe and reinstall of the alexisrom and the kernel. I haven't been able to replicate that behavior since. I suspect this was a magisk screwing things up from udates and crap.

i did see the kernel wouldn't boot noblerom at all..and even on the clean reload of alexisrom...if you change any of the gpu speed settings...the voltage sliders completely disappear until reboot. this behavior happens on both mtweaks and thundertweaks

as for what I want...I want my undervolts.....but there's more to the tuning that I even realized initially. the eas scheduler thing is a WHOLE another animal.

and I understand the ramifications of undervolting...it's just shocking how badly optimized samsung has left it. I actually intend on figuring out the proper voltage scaling curve for mine....and possiblying figure out a rough safe adjustment based on the avs bin tables (this is why i want that data)

it is weird that "if you change any of the gpu speed settings...the voltage sliders completely disappear until reboot. this behavior happens on both mtweaks and thundertweaks"

well, i have never experienced the problem with gpu setttings, EXCEPT that as i mentioned before, these kernel mangers save the settings incorrectly, or prehaps in a different manner than i want to. for example, some of the cores will be disabled when the profile is saved, even though you didnt touch anything in the cpu tab/page

i dono if it's the magisk's problem or not, but i have been using magisk 23 since i rooted my n960f and without any problem. i have tested with dr ketan's q16 and now superstable 19 and everthing is fine exception some minor bugs from the roms installed

btw, fuf5 is imminent with updated sources from samsung

otaking71

May 11, 2009
it is weird that "if you change any of the gpu speed settings...the voltage sliders completely disappear until reboot. this behavior happens on both mtweaks and thundertweaks"

well, i have never experienced the problem with gpu setttings, EXCEPT that as i mentioned before, these kernel mangers save the settings incorrectly, or prehaps in a different manner than i want to. for example, some of the cores will be disabled when the profile is saved, even though you didnt touch anything in the cpu tab/page

i dono if it's the magisk's problem or not, but i have been using magisk 23 since i rooted my n960f and without any problem. i have tested with dr ketan's q16 and now superstable 19 and everthing is fine exception some minor bugs from the roms installed

btw, fuf5 is imminent with updated sources from samsung
I just know I haven't saved a profile yet on the phone. I know you make the change in the app..leave and come back in...sliders go poof. It would take somebody who has coded a kernel manager type app to give any more insight. I just do know I've been able to explicitly replicate this one on 3 installs now.

ykkfive

Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
I just know I haven't saved a profile yet on the phone. I know you make the change in the app..leave and come back in...sliders go poof. It would take somebody who has coded a kernel manager type app to give any more insight. I just do know I've been able to explicitly replicate this one on 3 installs now.
ok i see what you mean, and yes I use them to show those possible under volt values only as i set them in init scripts actually. so this explains why i didnt notice those bugs you mentioned

btw, thanks for asking for the default values, looks like i have found something very interesting

otaking71

May 11, 2009
ok i see what you mean, and yes I use them to show those possible under volt values only as i set them in init scripts actually. so this explains why i didnt notice those bugs you mentioned

btw, thanks for asking for the default values, looks like i have found something very interesting
I'll explain the bug i found with the cpu clock speeds I've found...it's not tied to your kernel at all.

If you look at the exynos9810.dtsi file...it shows the clock domains for both the cpu and the memory memory interface controller (MIF) The same clocks are listed in gpu dvfs table in gpu_exynos9810.c.

If you force the mif clock domain to be lower than the gpu's desired domain...it reboots the phone. This has some interesting ramifications. I remember hearing the battery limited/power saving mode would force the memory controller to run at half speed...which are the speeds of the mif we see listed with the small cores. In theory, we should be able to ignore this and gain a bit of performance with a change here.

ykkfive

Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
I'll explain the bug i found with the cpu clock speeds I've found...it's not tied to your kernel at all.

If you look at the exynos9810.dtsi file...it shows the clock domains for both the cpu and the memory memory interface controller (MIF) The same clocks are listed in gpu dvfs table in gpu_exynos9810.c.

If you force the mif clock domain to be lower than the gpu's desired domain...it reboots the phone. This has some interesting ramifications. I remember hearing the battery limited/power saving mode would force the memory controller to run at half speed...which are the speeds of the mif we see listed with the small cores. In theory, we should be able to ignore this and gain a bit of performance with a change here.
thanks for your inputs. i am aware of this overriding problems in a few areas but either i couldnt fix them before or partly due to too many changes are involved which i couldnt make it quickly at the moment. so i preferred to tune the queuing things first, and try to use the big cores if possible. that's what I planned

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i'm finally back..haha..life has been kicking my ass...glad to see others picking up and chiming in.

As with regards to the gpu, this thing _SHOULD_ in theory be able to get into the 800+ mhz range as arm was touting 850 mhz on an older process for this gpu design. YKK knows my thoughts on what needs to be done to fully utilize it. There's _DEFINITELY_ a stupid amount of performance left on the table.

The main thing that still bugs me is how none of the kernels seem to behave the consistently across multiple kernel managers. I got a partial compile, last time I spoke to ykk. I'll eventually figure out how to get a compile so I can contribute more technical stuff.
    Can I ask if this kernel can be used for N960N, thanks
    one user has repoted it works with n960n before, you can search this thread for his reply
    and, from what i can see, there were many downloads came from korea too but honesty i cant guarantee because i don own a n960n. sorry about that
    i'm finally back..haha..life has been kicking my ass...glad to see others picking up and chiming in.

As with regards to the gpu, this thing _SHOULD_ in theory be able to get into the 800+ mhz range as arm was touting 850 mhz on an older process for this gpu design. YKK knows my thoughts on what needs to be done to fully utilize it. There's _DEFINITELY_ a stupid amount of performance left on the table.

The main thing that still bugs me is how none of the kernels seem to behave the consistently across multiple kernel managers. I got a partial compile, last time I spoke to ykk. I'll eventually figure out how to get a compile so I can contribute more technical stuff.

welcome home, no 7 cristiano ronaldo!

oh, sorry... haha

yeah that's great and i knew you dont want ppl to give you a hand and throw everything to you unless you have to, coz you will try it youself and look for a solution first. am i correct? (say yes pls or it will be embarrassing...)

tbh it will be a boost since my note9's screen turned greenish before and i really scared to perform any risky experiment on my note9...
    lol...ykk.. you are indeed correct.

technoob...which kernel was this? and did they actually put in correct voltages for those speeds? if they just said eff it and did max voltage then you'd definitely run into temp issues. it would be crazy if they did it with the joke of a stock voltage table. overclocks won't help this cpu much at all. the problem with this chip is that it runs hot and _NEEDS_ to be fed. The biggest gains are going to come from the ram tbh. With that wide a core...on top offeeing agpu...thatyou need more memory performance.
    Alright so. The Kernel that reached such crazy clock speeds for the GPU was the Zeus Kernel (Private Edition). However it only runs on the Oreo OS and the overclock are way too pushed and not all devices could handle it, causing phone reboots, which confused people.
    Also, you are mistaken. And I need to specify some things.
    Firstly, Exynos 9810 has been underclocked by Samsung, which means that by rising frequencies, we are just getting back what they took away from the device we paid for. The M3 cores are indeed very, very power hungry. But you have to expect a power requirement and heat output increase when doing intensive tasks anyways, on any device. The 9810 was meant to run at 2.9GHz in single core, 2.5GHz in dual core and 2.314GHz in tri and quad core. It has been underclocked to 2.7, 2,3 and 1.8 respectively. The small cores were meant to run at 1.9GHz. They got underclocked to 1.8 too.

According to my expectations and estimations, the Exynos 9810 would be able to match the 9820, clearly while consuming much more power, but not as much as you would expect! To my eyes, the 9810 was an amazing processor. Mistreated by Samsung so badly. The potential is off the charts. RAM can only yield an improvement if overclocked. This device already has plenty of it.
    The m3 core is effectively 6 instructions wide. Yes it has 12 pipelines, but it can only feed 6 per cycle. At that rate, your memory bandwidth requirements just to feed a single m3 core fully is 4bytes per instruction x 6 pipelines x 1800 mhz = 43 GB of bandwidth. Additional clock speed is useless if you can not get data into the cpu. It can't process data that it can't access. This is on top of fighting with the gpu for bandwidth.

There's a lot more to actual performance vs benchmark performance. Benchmarks can easily be swayed by using different data sets.
    Doesn't matter. It was meant to run at a certain clockspeeds, and I've seen the analysis of the very respectable Andrei Frumusanu. Pushing the M3 cores to 2.3GHz in Quad Core mode yielded incredible performance increases. And funnily enough, that is the highest frequency before diminishing performance returns happen. In line with the clockspeed. Pair that with a RAM overclock, and this system will become a beast. The M3 cores had such a wide architecture it actually bested the stock Cortex A76. I don't test phones only with benchmarks, and I don't do "Real world" tests or "speed tests" either since they are extremely unreliable. I use the best and most objective benchmarks at hand (Geekbench 5, 3DMark, GFXBench and PCMark) and games the likes of Genshin Impact, Honkai Impact, Call of Duty Mobile, Battle Prime and Asphalt 9 just to mention some. Games are the perfect example of CPU and GPU having to work together, and this phone right now doesn't perform too hot in them due to the stupidly low thermal throttling point (70°C). Now I am not an architecture rat that knows every single detail of the transistors in the processor. But I do know that there is much more to this processor than Samsung unveiled. And rising clockspeed is one of the many steps to getting the true potential of this processor. Then comes what you mentioned. It's all of this together. It's not one or the other. This is how held back this processor was. And it's about time we wake it up.
    Hi all,

It's ME again, being inactive for a few years due to my health conditions since Android Marshmallow! Today I would like to present you something I wanted for so long... an updated kernel for One UI 2.5! To be honest, I knew there were a lot of changes since MM, but not until these days I realized how troublesome they are, including rooting a device these days!! ( just rooted my N960F/DS running stock pie for more than a year ;) )
    OK, here we go!!

This is an update to the BeastMode Kernel vR154 originally developed by @freeza and patched with latest Samsung One UI 2.5 kernel sources.

Some of the features from R154 include:
    - enforcing kernel (switchable between enforcing/permissive)
    - cpu/gpu oc
    - dt2w (double tap to wake)
    - wireguard support

However, due to my health conditions, I cannot spend too much time to update this kernel everyday although I am jobless, nor to have frequent updates as what @freeza did to his BeastMode Kernel. So please don't expect things will come very often. Thank you

Special notes for BeastMode Kernel v2 initial release:
    - in the initial release (v2.02) there is no fix nor new feature added to the BeastMode Kernel vR154, as it servers as an update for new One UI 2.5 ROMs released by Samsung only
    - for existing features, problems or solutions, please visit the original BeastMode Kernel thread by @freeza
    - new features will be added in later releases

BeastMode Kernel v2:
    - built with EVA GCC 12 and Proton Clang 13.0.0
    - for cts profile/safetynet fix, please install the Universal SafetyNet Fix by @kdrag0n

Planned features:
    - more IO schedulers
    - more governors
    - OC/UV
    - f2fs (DONE!)

If you like this, please consider donating a loaf of bread or something to support my living or buy some treats for my old dog @ https://paypal.me/ykkfive ( I don't need coffee or beer :giggle: ). Thanks!

Important Notes:
    if you are using a kernel manger, please go to here and see if you are affected

Downloads:
    Changelog and downloads in post #2

Credits:
    Big thanks to @freeza for allowing me to use his work and publish this update
    Samsung open source
    @evdenis
    @yarpiin
    @Da-BOSS
    @flar2

Source code:
    github
    NOTE: I am not responsible for bricked devices, loss of data, etc. Flash it with your OWN RISKS and ALWAYS DO A FULL BACKUP first

Changelog and Download (NO mirror please):
    *** TWRP 3.3.1.0 is recommended

20210920 - v2.12
    - for FUF5/FUH1 (NOTE: 2 different versions)
    - updated to latest samsung FUH1 sources
    - fixes for slow ext4 performance due to bugs introduced by ext4 and kernel updates
    - IMPORTANT: please set the io scheduler to noop as to increase the ext4 performance

Downloads (mediafire) *make sure you get the right version for your rom (you can check your rom version by tapping on the dialer, and type *#1234# and read the AP shown):
    FUF5
    BM-Kernel-v2.12-FUF5-magisk_patched.zip (patched with Magisk 23.0)
    boot.img (no root)

FUH1
    BM-Kernel-v2.12-FUH1-magisk_patched.zip (patched with Magisk 23.0)
    boot.img (no root)

20210920 - v2.11c6
    - for FUF5/FUH1 (NOTE: 2 different versions)
    - updated to latest ext4 and f2fs
    - full f2fs support (cache and data partitions tested, system not yet tested) ** MAKE SURE you know how to go f2fs first
    - linux upstream to 4.9.280
    - some other tweaks and patches

Downloads (mediafire) *make sure you get the right version for your rom (you can check your rom version by tapping on the dialer, and type *#1234# and read the AP shown):
    FUF5
    BM-Kernel-v2.11c6-FUF5-magisk_patched.zip (patched with Magisk 23.0)
    boot.img (no root)

FUH1
    BM-Kernel-v2.11c6-FUH1-magisk_patched.zip (patched with Magisk 23.0)
    boot.img (no root)

20210818 - v2.10
    - revised from the beginning with updates to FUF5
    - cpu oc/uv
    - gpu overclock/under voltage removed (awaiting fixes)
    - some changes reverted
    - Wake Gestures and Boeffla wakelocks included
    - bring back the performance from initial release (up to 23% or more with multi cores, and nearly 3x memory performance when compared with v2.04) ** thanks for reporting this issue

Downloads (mediafire):
    BM-Kernel-v2.10-magisk_patched.zip (patched with Magisk 23.0)
    boot.img (no root)

Previous releases:

Known Issues:

20210730:

(I) for version up to v2.05, the following features do not work as expected due to my mistakes

- Wake Gestures including double tap to wake (dt2w), swipe to wake (s2w), etc
    - Boeffla wakelocks
    - These problems will be fixed in the next version soon
    FIXED. Please accept my sincere apology

(II) in v2.05 default gpu voltage may incorrectly show the modified values as default values in kernel manager

(III) since v2.04m the performance is not as good as v2.03 due to the introduction of some kernel changes

20210730 - v2.05a
    - Wake Gestures and Boeffla wakelocks problems fixed
    - no other changes, bugs fixing release of v2.05

20210729 - v2.05
    - updated with Samsung FUF5 sources just released
    - no other changes
    - REMOVED, superseded by v2.05a

20210726 - v2.04m
    - compatible with FUF5 (** may have problems if you use lockscreen or samsung account with possible fix here. ALWAYS do a full backup first)
    - overclocked: cpu little to 2002000Mhz, gpu to 598000Mhz
    - undervoltaged: cpu/memory
    - gpu undervoltage support awaiting a fix
    - linux upstreamed to 4.9.250
    - cherry picked some kernel tweaks
    - for undervolting the gpu, you may go and read my settings here awaiting a fix

More Previous releases:

20210628 - v2.03
    - added "magisk detected" BASIC fix to prevent apps trying to detect if magisk is installed (only some of the detections are prevented)
    - you can see the difference by installing an app from google play store called "Дія" issued by Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine

before applying fix
    after fix applied

- for more info, please read:
    https://darvincitech.wordpress.com/2019/11/04/detecting-magisk-hide/
    - for a comprehensive solution (NOT TO BE SUPPORTED/DISCUSSED HERE):
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-detected-on-bankapp-solved.4258245/
    IMHO, if there's nothing bothering you, you can ignore this comprehensive solution atm. but of coz it's up to you

20210621 - v2.02 (init release)
    *** Special announcement for Dr.Ketan ROM Q16 - 20210623 ***
    it seems there are some compatibility issues with Dr.Ketan ROM Q16 and this kernel, due to the fact that Q16 is based on N960FXXU8FUE1 while this kernel is N960FXXS8FUE5. As a result you may not be able to login to Samsung Account, or have cts profile/safetynet issue. So please MAKE A FULL BACKUP before proceed.

- updated with N960FXXS8FUE5 sources
    - tested with stock rom UE5, Dr Ketan Q16 with some patches
    - working properly with DevBase 7.4 and Alexis ROM 2.8 from users feedbacks
    *** make sure you have flashed N960FXXS8FUE5 AP, BL, modem etc

20210920 - v2.11c6 released
    for fuf5 and fuh1 respectively
    Now I migrated bm v2.02m + Alexis 2.8 combination. All seems decent for now. Still boeffla and double tap sections are missing. But it's okay.
    Here is the devchecks ram performance attachment. (on v2.02)

I am going to perform antutu and geekbench and post here.
    u mean 2.04m?

I am on v2.05

Ram performance is decreased, confirmed with doing devcheck comparison and antutu bench.

tap to wake and sleep options are gone.
    boeffla options are gone.

Accordig to Devcheck,

Cmemcopy: around 5000 Mb/s
    Cmemset: aroud 7500 Mb/s

on R154 these were 10000 MB/s and 15000 Mb/s respectively.

Cpu an GPU performance are good.

I am on Alexis 2.9 Note 9 SM N960F

And also the voltage table that given by dev is passed two full antutu bench. No crashes.
    i have did some tests today and yes, 2.02 is the fastest one, it was the original one without any "enhancements" in other aspects like cpu/gpu overclocking. it is not unusual that these enchancements can be beaten by the one without in terms of performance. it all depends on the usage, and more importantly everthing comes with a price. so you may find it at stock max speed outperforms an overclocked cpu due to the heat generated (which trigger the mechanism to lower the cpu freq as to cool it down). eg a 10 seconds task running with 2000Mhz may be better than 3 seconds with 2400mHz plus 7 seconds with 1700Mhz. you see what i mean? of coz, once again, it depends on the usage and the way of using it like benchmarking or daily use

anyway, thanks for your feedbacks, as well as others. without you guys' feedback i couldnt discover the bugs myself

also, i may consider to make an extreme version, which will be rebased on 2.02 with FUF5 but without any unneccessary changes for those who focus more on the speed due to different usage patterns if there are demands for it. but in general, 2.02 is still working fine with FUF5 except samsung account login issues for some users i believe

on the other hand, i will continue to cherry pick some useful changes to optimize it in general for the main stream version

thanks
    EDIT 20210804
    a more aggressive gpu voltage settings is posted here awaiting a fix

BM-Kernel-v2.04m released

20210726 - v2.04m
    - compatible with FUF5 (** may have problems if you use lockscreen or samsung account with possible fix here. ALWAYS do a full backup first)
    - overclocked: cpu little to 2002000Mhz, gpu to 598000Mhz
    - undervoltaged: cpu/memory
    - support gpu under voltage
    - linux upstreamed to 4.9.250
    - cherry picked some kernel tweaks
    - for undervolting the gpu, you may refer to my initial safe settings below and adjust them by yourself. there are still rooms to undervolt, but it is suggested you do it bit by bit, and one by one and test the new voltage before next