• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Kernel | Android 10 | One UI 2.5 | FUF5/FUH1] BeastMode Kernel v2 for N960F | v2.14b2-FIXED | 20211121

Search This thread
i mean the "70C" doesnt exist in the sources, so it could be affected by say an increase in gpu temperature etc and thus triggered it . from the sources i found the 1st warning temperature is 85 if i remember it correctly. so chances that there were something else triggered, or as a result of something which prevent the cpu to arrive at the first warning temperature, cant tell at this point

besides, i found that the relationship between the cpu and gpu are very closed, meaning that if you oc the cpu, the gpu will be affected as well. that's why you may find that i have removed the gpu oc but left the cpu oc there

anyway, these will be addressed next
Sorry bro. I gotta correct myself. Testing right now SPECIFICALLY for the thermal throttle temperature (CPU Throttling test and Hktweaks split screen) I noticed that above 70C nothing happens. But at around the 3 minutes mark, the little CPU dropped from 2002 to 1794Mhz even though the maximum frequency was still set at 2002. Stopped the benchmark and after a while the 2002 started being used again. No 1950. Now benchmarking it’s back at 2002. I’ll check if the event repeats itself.

update: 2:30 minutes mark. Max GPU temperature registered is 58C. Max CPU is 74 under maximum stress. Throttling of the little cores happened at the 2:30 minutes mark at 72C CPU temperature and 57 GPU temperature. Little cores dropped for a short while to 1950 and then to 1794 remaining stable there. Maximum little core frequency is now forced at 1950.

@ykkfive (sorry for the second ping). This is getting more and more confusing lmao

update 2: No changes with disabled Samsung hot plug. At temperature 74C CPU at the 1:22 minutes mark, LITTLE cpu dropped at 1950 and forced max frequency at 1950. I am starting to think there has to be some kind of “timer” when cpu load is very high at this point. Or maybe it’s cache like that guy said.

I don’t think 85C can be reached unless there is 100% cpu and GPU usage. CPU at 100% usage barely reached 74. We have OC headroom. A lot too. But if we don’t figure out where this problem is coming from we can’t do much.

at this point…is this some kind of power throttling?

Last edited:

moderndaycowboy

Oct 4, 2015
Smyrne
Sorry bro. I gotta correct myself. Testing right now SPECIFICALLY for the thermal throttle temperature (CPU Throttling test and Hktweaks split screen) I noticed that above 70C nothing happens. But at around the 3 minutes mark, the little CPU dropped from 2002 to 1794Mhz even though the maximum frequency was still set at 2002. Stopped the benchmark and after a while the 2002 started being used again. No 1950. Now benchmarking it’s back at 2002. I’ll check if the event repeats itself.

update: 2:30 minutes mark. Max GPU temperature registered is 58C. Max CPU is 74 under maximum stress. Throttling of the little cores happened at the 2:30 minutes mark at 72C CPU temperature and 57 GPU temperature. Little cores dropped for a short while to 1950 and then to 1794 remaining stable there. Maximum little core frequency is now forced at 1950.

@ykkfive (sorry for the second ping). This is getting more and more confusing lmao

update 2: No changes with disabled Samsung hot plug. At temperature 74C CPU at the 1:22 minutes mark, LITTLE cpu dropped at 1950 and forced max frequency at 1950. I am starting to think there has to be some kind of “timer” when cpu load is very high at this point. Or maybe it’s cache like that guy said.

I don’t think 85C can be reached unless there is 100% cpu and GPU usage. CPU at 100% usage barely reached 74. We have OC headroom. A lot too. But if we don’t figure out where this problem is coming from we can’t do much.

disabling hotplug in hktweaks makes the ram performance worse, perhaps you may check it with antutu or devcheck.

Edit: one thing more, disabling hotplug limits in exkernel manager, makes the cpu multicore performance worse.

I am confused about those hot plug thing.

disabling hotplug in hktweaks makes the ram performance worse, perhaps you may check it with antutu or devcheck.

Edit: one thing more, disabling hotplug limits in exkernel manager, makes the cpu multicore performance worse.

I am confused about those hot plug thing.
Look, I only disabled it momentarely to see if it was the one causing this odd frequency behaviour. As far as I'm aware, the Hotplug allows the CPU to use the single, dual and tri core frequencies. Without it, the CPU runs at max 1794MHz. That's why you may notice improvements in memory and single threaded workloads.

ykkfive

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com

yeah it should behave like that, i mean 2002 can be reached again, that's what i observed as the cpu time for 2002 increased in subsequent benchmark test. so i don understand why it could not be reached again (after cooling down), unless it is a bug. so this should be fine

for the 85C, i guess, it depends. for example in asia which the weather here is relatively hot, the cpu is at around 36 when idle. so may be it can reach 85 a bit easier? just wild guess

anyway, the mechanism "should" allow the cpu to go further until 115C, but in the real world is it possible? for how long? not to mention 115, i think it will be hard to reach 100 or 110 actually, and this is for the cpu alone, so how about other temperatures? these are the questions

note: i could be wrong, they are based on assumptions

yeah it should behave like that, i mean 2002 can be reached again, that's what i observed as the cpu time for 2002 increased in subsequent benchmark test. so i don understand why it could not be reached again (after cooling down), unless it is a bug. so this should be fine

for the 85C, i guess, it depends. for example in asia which the weather here is relatively hot, the cpu is at around 36 when idle. so may be it can reach 85 a bit easier? just wild guess

anyway, the mechanism "should" allow the cpu to go further until 115C, but in the real world is it possible? for how long? not to mention 115, i think it will be hard to reach 100 or 110 actually, and this is for the cpu alone, so how about other temperatures? these are the questions

note: i could be wrong, they are based on assumptions
Alright look, if the shutdown temperature in this phone is 115C, I am terrified. Because that is MELTDOWN temperature lmfao. A mobile processor at that temperature sustained is going to die within days. I say this because I know it, as once, by disabling TOTALLY the thermal engine on my old Galaxy S5, I did reach that temperature at 2764MHz. That phone is extremely prone to overheating. But this phone? No. The CPU at these clocks produces far less heat than I’ve expected. It couldn’t go beyond 74. So regardless of the ambient temperature, this thing isn’t reaching 85C easily. Unless GPU is at 100% too. Also no. 2002 can’t be reached again. I need a reboot. It forces itself at 1950 most of the time after the recorded “throttling” event.

subsequent benchmark test is not enough to put the CPU in the spot I’m talking about. You have to install cpu throttling test and run it. All of sudden after some minutes, the little cpus will drop to 1950. And you will not be able to rise the frequency back up to 2002 in the kernel manager.

also CPU times are a poor indicator of events. You have to also install cpu float. That will make you able to keep an eye on the frequencies in real time with basically 0 toll on the system.

the 1950 does not happen while cooling down. It happens during the benchmark as the cpu is producing heat. The little cpu throttle down to that frequency and after the benchmark stops and even if you let the thing cool down, max little freq will be “1950” and you can’t set it to “2002” without reboot

Last edited:

ykkfive

Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
Alright look, if the shutdown temperature in this phone is 115C, I am terrified. Because that is MELTDOWN temperature lmfao. A mobile processor at that temperature sustained is going to die within days. I say this because I know it, as once, by disabling TOTALLY the thermal engine on my old Galaxy S5, I did reach that temperature at 2764MHz. That phone is extremely prone to overheating. But this phone? No. The CPU at these clocks produces far less heat than I’ve expected. It couldn’t go beyond 74. So regardless of the ambient temperature, this thing isn’t reaching 85C easily. Unless GPU is at 100% too. Also no. 2002 can’t be reached again. I need a reboot. It forces itself at 1950 most of the time after the recorded “throttling” event.

subsequent benchmark test is not enough to put the CPU in the spot I’m talking about. You have to install cpu throttling test and run it. All of sudden after some minutes, the little cpus will drop to 1950. And you will not be able to rise the frequency back up to 2002 in the kernel manager.

also CPU times are a poor indicator of events. You have to also install cpu float. That will make you able to keep an eye on the frequencies in real time with basically 0 toll on the system.

the 1950 does not happen while cooling down. It happens during the benchmark as the cpu is producing heat. The little cpu throttle down to that frequency and after the benchmark stops and even if you let the thing cool down, max little freq will be “1950” and you can’t set it to “2002” without reboot

i did not stress the phone as you did so may be you are right, we measured different things in different aspects

and if the 2002 cant be reached again until reboot then probably it's a bug, will have to take a look at this

btw, we have a heat pipe in our note 9, so it should be better than the note 5 in terms of cooling, but i understand what you mean

i did not stress the phone as you did so may be you are right, we measured different things in different aspects

and if the 2002 cant be reached again until reboot then probably it's a bug, will have to take a look at this

btw, we have a heat pipe in our note 9, so it should be better than the note 5 in terms of cooling, but i understand what you mean
Not a simple heat pipe. It’s a pretty good vapor chamber. Our Note9 is pretty damn impressive.

Again, after reboot is set again if and only if apparently the phone wasn’t warm to begin with. Otherwise it’s stuck at 1950 again. It’s definitely either a bug or some mechanism that is very annoying to have around

ykkfive

Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
Not a simple heat pipe. It’s a pretty good vapor chamber. Our Note9 is pretty damn impressive.

Again, after reboot is set again if and only if apparently the phone wasn’t warm to begin with. Otherwise it’s stuck at 1950 again. It’s definitely either a bug or some mechanism that is very annoying to have around

yeah i think its a good one

ok, so i have installed both cpu throttling test and cpu float and played it for a while (4 times)

my default settings are: little max 949, big min 858 (for smooth transition)

and what i observed:
- with my default settings, it went up to 62C only
- second run with stock default cpu settings, yes, after reaching around 71C it went down to 1950
- third run, yes, 2002 couldnt be achieved again
- after that, i noticed the cpu temperature stayed at around 5xC when idle and wouldnt drop further, which should be around 36C when idle. so i closed cpu throttling test and cpu temperature went down instantly. (bug)?
- last run, it reached 2002 again
- i also found cpu float showed all 4 big cores at 2888 when idle. (bug)?

yeah i think its a good one

ok, so i have installed both cpu throttling test and cpu float and played it for a while (4 times)

my default settings are: little max 949, big min 858 (for smooth transition)

and what i observed:
- with my default settings, it went up to 62C only
- second run with stock default cpu settings, yes, after reaching around 71C it went down to 1950
- third run, yes, 2002 couldnt be achieved again
- after that, i noticed the cpu temperature stayed at around 5xC when idle and wouldnt drop further, which should be around 36C when idle. so i closed cpu throttling test and cpu temperature went down instantly. (bug)?
- last run, it reached 2002 again
- i also found cpu float showed all 4 big cores at 2888 when idle. (bug)?
Ok so, when one core is being massively used (or cores aren't being used at all), the CPU boosts to 2886 as you know (because only one core was being used and the others were most likely at 1 or 0%). However technically all the CPU cores boost to that frequency. So no, it isn't a bug. It was just the CPU boosting for a second or so to the single core frequency (and CPU float displayed just that) because maybe some task was requiring that. So basically on single core load, all the CPUs boost to 2886MHz, but technically only one core is being used.

Also now you know what I mean with the 1950MHz bug. With this addressed, we can start moving.
@ykkfive ,that's my take on it.

Last edited:

ykkfive

Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
Ok so, when one core is being massively used, the CPU boosts to 2886 as you know. However technically all the CPU cores boost to that frequency. So no, it isn't a bug. It was just the CPU boosting for a second or so to the single core frequency (and CPU float displayed just that) because maybe some task was requiring that. So basically on single core load, all the CPUs boost to 2886MHz, but technically only one core is being used. It's because I suppose Exynos 9810 is not able to make the big cores run at different frequencies. However it's different for the small cores.

Also now you know what I mean with the 1950MHz bug. With this addressed, we can start moving.

"Exynos 9810 is not able to make the big cores run at different frequencies"

oh really? have to check

ykkfive

Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
I have a very strong habit to edit stuff.

me 2 :D
but i just learned today from you, to reping someone. does it really work?

btw, i think it's not due to the 85C thing (actually should be 83C) for now at least. with my cpu settings, it went around to 62C and still throttled like a roller coaster although both of the cpu freq were max as shown in cpu float (in my case 949 and 1794). I have also raised the 83C a bit to 88C but it didnt help

so... it must be something else (everyone knows...) that prevent the cpu to stay or go further

Reactions: TechNoobForSale
me 2 :D
but i just learned today from you, to reping someone. does it really work?

btw, i think it's not due to the 85C thing (actually should be 83C) for now at least. with my cpu settings, it went around to 62C and still throttled like a roller coaster although both of the cpu freq were max as shown in cpu float (in my case 949 and 1794). I have also raised the 83C a bit to 88C but it didnt help

so... it must be something else (everyone knows...) that prevent the cpu to stay or go further
I don't get what you mean with the "does it really work"

Either way about the temps, yeah. It's clearly not temperature related. There has to be some other factor involved. I was considering some sort of power throttling (like if the SoC consumes more than like 8W, it throttles frequencies down) but I don't believe it's that. Maybe it has some boost timer like Intel CPUs?

ykkfive

Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
I don't get what you mean with the "does it really work"

Either way about the temps, yeah. It's clearly not temperature related. There has to be some other factor involved. I was considering some sort of power throttling (like if the SoC consumes more than like 8W, it throttles frequencies down) but I don't believe it's that. Maybe it has some boost timer like Intel CPUs?
cant tell at this moment but i have seen somewhere in the sources that the power is taken into the ac when deciding something, cant remember what's that though

Reactions: TechNoobForSale

trevinutomo

Oct 13, 2016
Hey man @ykkfive, i curently run on latest Dr.Ketan Q17 ROM also BeastMode kernel V.154. Now, i've tried to install this latest kernel V2.12, but it was failled. My kernel still showing BeastMode V.154 one. What should i do man?

This is my software info screenshot and logcat:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211024-235421_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211024-235421_Settings.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 11

ykkfive

Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
Hey man @ykkfive, i curently run on latest Dr.Ketan Q17 ROM also BeastMode kernel V.154. Now, i've tried to install this latest kernel V2.12, but it was failled. My kernel still showing BeastMode V.154 one. What should i do man?

This is my software info screenshot and logcat:
fuf5? i installed it without problem , not on q17 though
boot.img or zip file?
any error msg in recovery?
and which version of twrp? mine is 3.3.1.0

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

For a long time, I don't visit your thread :) . I'm looking forward to test new kernel FUJ2 from you.

Remember to take care of your health.
    For real. His dedication is great. He split himself in 3 and outright stated that he's already good with performance, and that what he's doing right now, he's doing it for us.

That is SO rare amongst developers on this website.
    fuj2 build delayed

sorry about that
    Hi everyone !!!

Today did some tests. In Kernel manager I adjusted: CPU Little: min 1950 max 2002, Big: min 2860 max 2886, I/O NOOP, GPU min 572 max 598, CRC and Fsync turned off, low Level manager I adjusted as values as in attachment( I noticed that those affect on results of benchmarks, so did it trial and error method), Airplane mode On and before start tests I put Note 9 to fridge :):):) Max benchmark points are in attachment.
    Hi everyone !!!

Today did some tests. In Kernel manager I adjusted: CPU Little: min 1950 max 2002, Big: min 2860 max 2886, I/O NOOP, GPU min 572 max 598, CRC and Fsync turned off, low Level manager I adjusted as values as in attachment( I noticed that those affect on results of benchmarks, so did it trial and error method), Airplane mode On and before start tests I put Note 9 to fridge :):):) Max benchmark points are in attachment.
    Later I removed phone from fridge and when i decreased cpu: Little min to 832 and Big min 962 I gained
    And Later decrease only gpu min to 260mhz, and The rest of the settings did not change at all and in Geekbench I gained
    I followed your advice and turned off everything. Hope you are ready for some weird results. The situation did not change, however I noticed that:

- heavy throttle takes place when the cpu temp is below throttling point? (screenshot 1)
    - performance gain when the temp is 70 degrees (screenshot 2)

Dr Ketan has just released a new update so I am curious to check the behavior of the stock kernel on his rom, after I will flash beast of course (edit: just noticed that new rom is on FUJ2 base so I might skip custom kernel flash until the next update).
    Which version to be installed on FUJ2, Nov security patch Dr ketan ROM?

i have made one for fuj2, will upload it later
    daxx busy installing and reinstalling the phone due to a crash before. it made me sick!

will try to answer other questions later

sorry about that
    Your philosophy, at least to me, seems like the one that puts as a long term objective building a Kernel that guarantees maximum performance but at the same time great efficiency, which is pretty respectable.

As always, I am fully open to test new builds. However you really make the safety side sound menacing lmao. What did you change/add exactly other than PELT? Is the possible safety issue you are talking about coming from the increased frequencies? What kind of numbers are we talking about? I can test, but I'd like to know what I'm dealing with first.

If you increased frequencies to the point of possible instability on some devices, 7xx and 22xx scores on Geekbench 5 are pretty low. Because I'd expect to get over 2300 and maybe even 2400. I have all the tools I need to keep the temperatures under check, but even then, just what did you do that caused the phone to throttle so much? I think you are aware that the peak frequency this phone can handle before hitting an efficiency wall is 4x2314MHz on the A75 cores. 2106 being the more conservative choice.

yeah you are right, i should have mentioned what the changes are. anyway i have updated the post above. pls read it again
    I am just being paranoid. Technically the worst that should happen is the phone boot looping when the Kernel is not compatible or not working properly. I mean, the brick case may happen if said Kernel has some crazy stuff going on, like an Overclock that is out of this world, which is not the case for this one. It should be relatively safe.

i wont do those crazy thing, remember my phone is gonna die? haha
    Hi Dev, I didn't see any issue with the latest version. Its been almost a week and this one is working amazing. Thank you.
    great
    And Later decrease only gpu min to 260mhz, and The rest of the settings did not change at all and in Geekbench I gained
    Hi all,

It's ME again, being inactive for a few years due to my health conditions since Android Marshmallow! Today I would like to present you something I wanted for so long... an updated kernel for One UI 2.5! To be honest, I knew there were a lot of changes since MM, but not until these days I realized how troublesome they are, including rooting a device these days!! ( just rooted my N960F/DS running stock pie for more than a year ;) )
    OK, here we go!!

This is an update to the BeastMode Kernel vR154 originally developed by @freeza and patched with latest Samsung One UI 2.5 kernel sources.

Some of the features from R154 include:
    - enforcing kernel (switchable between enforcing/permissive)
    - cpu/gpu oc
    - dt2w (double tap to wake)
    - wireguard support

However, due to my health conditions, I cannot spend too much time to update this kernel everyday although I am jobless, nor to have frequent updates as what @freeza did to his BeastMode Kernel. So please don't expect things will come very often. Thank you

Special notes for BeastMode Kernel v2 initial release:
    - in the initial release (v2.02) there is no fix nor new feature added to the BeastMode Kernel vR154, as it servers as an update for new One UI 2.5 ROMs released by Samsung only
    - for existing features, problems or solutions, please visit the original BeastMode Kernel thread by @freeza
    - new features will be added in later releases

BeastMode Kernel v2:
    - built with EVA GCC 12 and Proton Clang 13.0.0
    - for cts profile/safetynet fix, please install the Universal SafetyNet Fix by @kdrag0n

Planned features:
    - more IO schedulers
    - more governors
    - OC/UV
    - f2fs (DONE!)

If you like this, please consider donating a loaf of bread or something to support my living or buy some treats for my old dog @ https://paypal.me/ykkfive ( I don't need coffee or beer :giggle: ). Thanks!

Important Notes:
    if you are using a kernel manger, please go to here and see if you are affected

Downloads:
    Changelog and downloads in post #2

Credits:
    Big thanks to @freeza for allowing me to use his work and publish this update
    Samsung open source
    @evdenis
    @yarpiin
    @Da-BOSS
    @flar2

Source code:
    github
    NOTE: I am not responsible for bricked devices, loss of data, etc. Flash it with your OWN RISKS and ALWAYS DO A FULL BACKUP first

Changelog and Download (NO mirror please):

*** TWRP 3.3.1.0 is recommended

20211121 - v2.14b2-FIXED
    - FIXED no sound ocasionally after reboot (tested for more than 10 reboots)
    - added PELT
    - undervolt including memory/bus, etc
    - gpu oc to 598 again
    - many other performance and battery saving tweaks, as well as other that I could not remember
    - swithed back to 250 HZ due to the no sound bug
    - IMPORTANT: please set the io scheduler to noop as to increase the ext4 performance

Downloads (mediafire) *make sure you get the right version for your rom (you can check your rom version by tapping on the dialer, and type *#1234# and read the AP shown):
    FUF5
    BM-Kernel-v2.14b2-FIXED-FUF5-magisk_patched.zip (patched with Magisk 23.0)
    boot.img (no root)

FUH1
    BM-Kernel-v2.14b2-FIXED-magisk_patched.zip (patched with Magisk 23.0)
    boot.img (no root)

20211120 - v2.14b2
    - REMOVED due to an old minor bug was re-introdecued which occasionally produce no sound after a reboot
    - pls download the v2.14b2-FIXED above

20211024 - v2.12
    - for FUF5/FUH1 (NOTE: 2 different versions)
    - updated to latest samsung FUH1 sources
    - fixes for slow ext4 performance due to bugs introduced by ext4 and kernel updates
    - IMPORTANT: please set the io scheduler to noop as to increase the ext4 performance

Downloads (mediafire) *make sure you get the right version for your rom (you can check your rom version by tapping on the dialer, and type *#1234# and read the AP shown):
    FUF5
    BM-Kernel-v2.12-FUF5-magisk_patched.zip (patched with Magisk 23.0)
    boot.img (no root)

FUH1
    BM-Kernel-v2.12-FUH1-magisk_patched.zip (patched with Magisk 23.0)
    boot.img (no root)

20210920 - v2.11c6
    - for FUF5/FUH1 (NOTE: 2 different versions)
    - updated to latest ext4 and f2fs
    - full f2fs support (cache and data partitions tested, system not yet tested) ** MAKE SURE you know how to go f2fs first
    - linux upstream to 4.9.280
    - some other tweaks and patches

FUF5
    BM-Kernel-v2.11c6-FUF5-magisk_patched.zip (patched with Magisk 23.0)
    boot.img (no root)

FUH1
    BM-Kernel-v2.11c6-FUH1-magisk_patched.zip (patched with Magisk 23.0)
    boot.img (no root)

Previous releases:

20210818 - v2.10
    - revised from the beginning with updates to FUF5
    - cpu oc/uv
    - gpu overclock/under voltage removed (awaiting fixes)
    - some changes reverted
    - Wake Gestures and Boeffla wakelocks included
    - bring back the performance from initial release (up to 23% or more with multi cores, and nearly 3x memory performance when compared with v2.04) ** thanks for reporting this issue

Downloads (mediafire):
    BM-Kernel-v2.10-magisk_patched.zip (patched with Magisk 23.0)
    boot.img (no root)

Known Issues:

20210730:

(I) for version up to v2.05, the following features do not work as expected due to my mistakes

- Wake Gestures including double tap to wake (dt2w), swipe to wake (s2w), etc
    - Boeffla wakelocks
    - These problems will be fixed in the next version soon
    FIXED. Please accept my sincere apology

(II) in v2.05 default gpu voltage may incorrectly show the modified values as default values in kernel manager

(III) since v2.04m the performance is not as good as v2.03 due to the introduction of some kernel changes

20210730 - v2.05a
    - Wake Gestures and Boeffla wakelocks problems fixed
    - no other changes, bugs fixing release of v2.05

20210729 - v2.05
    - updated with Samsung FUF5 sources just released
    - no other changes
    - REMOVED, superseded by v2.05a

20210726 - v2.04m
    - compatible with FUF5 (** may have problems if you use lockscreen or samsung account with possible fix here. ALWAYS do a full backup first)
    - overclocked: cpu little to 2002000Mhz, gpu to 598000Mhz
    - undervoltaged: cpu/memory
    - gpu undervoltage support awaiting a fix
    - linux upstreamed to 4.9.250
    - cherry picked some kernel tweaks
    - for undervolting the gpu, you may go and read my settings here awaiting a fix

More Previous releases:

20210628 - v2.03
    - added "magisk detected" BASIC fix to prevent apps trying to detect if magisk is installed (only some of the detections are prevented)
    - you can see the difference by installing an app from google play store called "Дія" issued by Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine

before applying fix
    after fix applied

- for more info, please read:
    https://darvincitech.wordpress.com/2019/11/04/detecting-magisk-hide/
    - for a comprehensive solution (NOT TO BE SUPPORTED/DISCUSSED HERE):
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-detected-on-bankapp-solved.4258245/
    IMHO, if there's nothing bothering you, you can ignore this comprehensive solution atm. but of coz it's up to you

20210621 - v2.02 (init release)
    *** Special announcement for Dr.Ketan ROM Q16 - 20210623 ***
    it seems there are some compatibility issues with Dr.Ketan ROM Q16 and this kernel, due to the fact that Q16 is based on N960FXXU8FUE1 while this kernel is N960FXXS8FUE5. As a result you may not be able to login to Samsung Account, or have cts profile/safetynet issue. So please MAKE A FULL BACKUP before proceed.

- updated with N960FXXS8FUE5 sources
    - tested with stock rom UE5, Dr Ketan Q16 with some patches
    - working properly with DevBase 7.4 and Alexis ROM 2.8 from users feedbacks
    *** make sure you have flashed N960FXXS8FUE5 AP, BL, modem etc

20210920 - v2.11c6 released
    for fuf5 and fuh1 respectively
    Now I migrated bm v2.02m + Alexis 2.8 combination. All seems decent for now. Still boeffla and double tap sections are missing. But it's okay.
    Here is the devchecks ram performance attachment. (on v2.02)

I am going to perform antutu and geekbench and post here.
    u mean 2.04m?

I am on v2.05

Ram performance is decreased, confirmed with doing devcheck comparison and antutu bench.

tap to wake and sleep options are gone.
    boeffla options are gone.

Accordig to Devcheck,

Cmemcopy: around 5000 Mb/s
    Cmemset: aroud 7500 Mb/s

on R154 these were 10000 MB/s and 15000 Mb/s respectively.

Cpu an GPU performance are good.

I am on Alexis 2.9 Note 9 SM N960F

And also the voltage table that given by dev is passed two full antutu bench. No crashes.
    i have did some tests today and yes, 2.02 is the fastest one, it was the original one without any "enhancements" in other aspects like cpu/gpu overclocking. it is not unusual that these enchancements can be beaten by the one without in terms of performance. it all depends on the usage, and more importantly everthing comes with a price. so you may find it at stock max speed outperforms an overclocked cpu due to the heat generated (which trigger the mechanism to lower the cpu freq as to cool it down). eg a 10 seconds task running with 2000Mhz may be better than 3 seconds with 2400mHz plus 7 seconds with 1700Mhz. you see what i mean? of coz, once again, it depends on the usage and the way of using it like benchmarking or daily use

anyway, thanks for your feedbacks, as well as others. without you guys' feedback i couldnt discover the bugs myself

also, i may consider to make an extreme version, which will be rebased on 2.02 with FUF5 but without any unneccessary changes for those who focus more on the speed due to different usage patterns if there are demands for it. but in general, 2.02 is still working fine with FUF5 except samsung account login issues for some users i believe

on the other hand, i will continue to cherry pick some useful changes to optimize it in general for the main stream version

thanks
    EDIT 20210804
    a more aggressive gpu voltage settings is posted here awaiting a fix

BM-Kernel-v2.04m released

20210726 - v2.04m
    - compatible with FUF5 (** may have problems if you use lockscreen or samsung account with possible fix here. ALWAYS do a full backup first)
    - overclocked: cpu little to 2002000Mhz, gpu to 598000Mhz
    - undervoltaged: cpu/memory
    - support gpu under voltage
    - linux upstreamed to 4.9.250
    - cherry picked some kernel tweaks
    - for undervolting the gpu, you may refer to my initial safe settings below and adjust them by yourself. there are still rooms to undervolt, but it is suggested you do it bit by bit, and one by one and test the new voltage before next