[KERNEL] [Android 11/12] Dora kernel for OP7 series

Search This thread

AnnoyingZlatan

Jun 5, 2012
Tuzla
Hey everyone, we are back with the new long awaited 2.7 release and it's up on Google Drive and OTA! It is a major update since 2.4 release too. Find a changelog down below, flash the builds, and share your feedback! I am sure it was worth the wait :)

By the way, please read the note in the changelog header, since it will be important for the future versioning.

Changelog for 2.7 release:

***From this release onwards, FOD has been reworked in order to be fully compatible and working with new A12 ROMs. It still might work on A11 ROMs and OOS 11, but to an extent. Because of that, there will be separate builds for A11 ROMs and OOS 11 without those changes, marked with "eleven" tag (although I would reccommend everyone to try out A12 builds, KOSP being one of the best options at the moment). So for example, for OOS 11, you would flash "Dora-Kernel-v2.7-eleven-sdcard_fs.zip".OOS 11 compatible build, so eleven-sdcardfs version is still staying as default for JSON configuration.***

-Merge latest 4.14.256 kernel stable upstream
-Merge latest CAF tag LA.UM.9.1.r1-11300-SMxxx0.0 treewide
-Merge latest CAF tag LA.UM.9.1.r1-11300-SMxxx0.0 for qcacld-3.0, qca-wifi-host-cmn and fw-api (update WLAN drivers to 5.2.022.9N)
-Switch to 250Hz timer and 16ms PELT halflife respectively
-Improve idle power consumption
-Various mm, qos, ion patches from Sultan
-Locking/qspinlock backports
-Modify scheduler capacity margins
-Revisit of many old kgsl/msm patches
-Move to f2fs late_initcall
-Fix freezing issues for A12 ROMs
-Built using latest Dora Clang toolchain built from LLVM upstream

Enjoy, xx

Also, we have reached 1k members in Telegram group, so thanks everyone who joined, this is a great milestone for me! :love:

Pd charger bug.
Phone only charge with official wrap charger n not with anyother charger
The 7T Pro only charges at 5v and the Warp Charger is 5v 6a that's how it gets 30w. It has no qualcomm quick charging or anything like that. Almost any other charger will not charge with such high amperage at 5w because it makes no sense. It's possible your PD Charger doesn't do 5v at all or it's trying to use a higher voltage and not falling back to attempting lower. As for "Any other charger" it will actually charge on other chargers, I don't have the Warp Charger my phone came with because I bought from Swappa and I have no issue using any charger I have, but none of them are designated PD chargers or "quick" chargers they're all older 5v 2.1a chargers and I don't even get the full 2a out of any of them.

Reactions: kkjb

khalisz

Nov 7, 2012
Paris
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
OnePlus 5
Hello and thanks for this amazing Kernel, will try it now on my 7Pro. ^^

After installed this kernel, I had an issue with my data partition.
I had to use those commands to solve it :

- Install terminal emulator from play store
- Open type : su
- Will ask to grant root -> grant it
- Then type this command : restorecon -FR /data/media/0

Reactions: N-Gage4ever

khalisz

Nov 7, 2012
Paris
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
OnePlus 5
From next update fod will be unified again so no more separate A11 and A12 builds :D

Thank you ;)
I noticed now that I flashed the wrong Kernel for my 7pro running A11... my bad. I
-> Dora-Kernel-v2.7-eleven.zip

Now I have done a reflash of the full rom and then flashed this one : Dora-Kernel-v2.7-eleven-sdcard_fs.zip
Everything's fine now.

Reactions: AnnoyingZlatan
Jun 30, 2015
Amazing performance and battery life balance. One question though: how to make the cpu frequencies stick in FKM with this kernel?

After some time it resets to maximum.
Tried searching everywhere but no luck in this case.

Reactions: khalisz

draentor

Jul 24, 2012
Hello,
I noticed 2 bugs who seems to be related to brightness.

- The adaptive brightness is instantly changing, no fade between levels
- After fingerprint unlock, the screen is at full brightness for a split second.

I used CrDroid ROM, with and without kernel to see if the bugs persist, and they don't :/

Have a great day !

soh3l

Mar 15, 2014
Introduction

Dora kernel is a successor of popular nem0 kernel for A10/A11 ROMs.
Dora Kernel is CAF based kernel aiming to provide great stability and performance while maxing out battery life!

Code:
// Your warranty is now void.
//
// I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
// Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Kernel before flashing it!
// YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Main Features:
- Unified for OOS 11 and Android 11 Custom ROMs (Check with your maintainer if they have R blobs merged in)
- Based and upstreamed to latest CAF tags for the SD855
- Upstreamed to latest Linux-Stable
- Upstreamed to latest F2FS stable
- Compiled with Clang 13 and -O3 speed optimizations flags
- Compiled with Clang Polyhedral Loop Optimizations (Polly)
- Simple LMK driver from kerneltoast
- BBR2 TCP congestion algorithm
- 675 MHz GPU step
- Custom energy-freq scheduling model for maximizing performance and battery life
- Custom frequencies setup (dropping to CAF default minimums during idle)
- S2idle suspend mechanism with patches from Google P4/P5 kernels
- PELT scheduling mechanism
- Many scheduler backports from mainline and/or 4.19 Google kernel
- Zip made using latest AnyKernel3 release, retains root on flash (Stable Magisk 21.4 or higher reccommended)
- Zip flashable through EXKM/FKM/Smartpack/TWRP
- Integrated OTA updates in Franco's Kernel Manager *(link for the json: JSON)
- Many more features I don't remember right now, check source if you're interested or contact me on Telegram!

Bug reports:
- If you want to report a bug, please provide some sort of logs (logcat, dmesg)

Flashing instructions:
- Just flash it through TWRP or EX or Franco's Kernel Manager apps
- No sorts of configs needed, flash and be happy out of the box
-There are 2 versions per release: one with SDCARD_FS disabled (default) and one with it enabled. Motivation behind this is recent updates to AOSP 11 ROMs (Yaap, Derp, etc.) that have disabled the support for it. And even though that builds with SDCARD_FS could still work, it's not recommended.
So, in layman terms, if you are running OOS or any custom ROM that still hasn't followed the path of those custom ROMs, please use the sdcard-fs zip or update through OTA.

Downloads

Stable and Test builds: Google Drive

Kernel being actively tested in this group: Telegram

Donations
If you would like to keep this project going with more improvements, feel free to support it: PayPal

Thank you to:

@osm0sis for AnyKernel
@nathanchance for help with upstreams
@topjohnwu for Magisk
@idkwhoiam322, @KuranKaname for being good friends :D
@BobAzzon, @npv12, @Gabyrx7, @Reechings and rest of my dear friends that tested the kernel (really, wouldn't be possible without you guys <3)

Contributors
nem0 aka AnnoyingZlatan
Source Code: GitHub

Version Information
Stable

Created 2021-05-01
Last Updated 2021-07-20
First of all thanks a lot for your hardworking.

If I flash this on my op7 running 11 (oos) would I loss my TWRP recovery?

If so happened guys pls any solutions to get back TWRP?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

Dora kernel is a successor of popular nem0 kernel for A10/A11 ROMs.
    Dora Kernel is CAF based kernel aiming to provide great stability and performance while maxing out battery life!

Code:
    // Your warranty is now void.
    //
    // I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    // Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Kernel before flashing it!
    // YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Main Features:
    - Unified for OOS 11 and Android 11 Custom ROMs (Check with your maintainer if they have R blobs merged in)
    - Based and upstreamed to latest CAF tags for the SD855
    - Upstreamed to latest Linux-Stable
    - Upstreamed to latest F2FS stable
    - Compiled with Clang 13 and -O3 speed optimizations flags
    - Compiled with Clang Polyhedral Loop Optimizations (Polly)
    - Simple LMK driver from kerneltoast
    - BBR2 TCP congestion algorithm
    - 675 MHz GPU step
    - Custom energy-freq scheduling model for maximizing performance and battery life
    - Custom frequencies setup (dropping to CAF default minimums during idle)
    - S2idle suspend mechanism with patches from Google P4/P5 kernels
    - PELT scheduling mechanism
    - Many scheduler backports from mainline and/or 4.19 Google kernel
    - Zip made using latest AnyKernel3 release, retains root on flash (Stable Magisk 21.4 or higher reccommended)
    - Zip flashable through EXKM/FKM/Smartpack/TWRP
    - Integrated OTA updates in Franco's Kernel Manager *(link for the json: JSON)
    - Many more features I don't remember right now, check source if you're interested or contact me on Telegram!

Bug reports:
    - If you want to report a bug, please provide some sort of logs (logcat, dmesg)

Flashing instructions:
    - Just flash it through TWRP or EX or Franco's Kernel Manager apps
    - No sorts of configs needed, flash and be happy out of the box
    -There are 2 versions per release: one with SDCARD_FS disabled (default) and one with it enabled. Motivation behind this is recent updates to AOSP 11 ROMs (Yaap, Derp, etc.) that have disabled the support for it. And even though that builds with SDCARD_FS could still work, it's not recommended.
    So, in layman terms, if you are running OOS or any custom ROM that still hasn't followed the path of those custom ROMs, please use the sdcard-fs zip or update through OTA.

Downloads

Stable and Test builds: Google Drive

Kernel being actively tested in this group: Telegram

Donations
    If you would like to keep this project going with more improvements, feel free to support it: PayPal

Thank you to:

@osm0sis for AnyKernel
    @nathanchance for help with upstreams
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @idkwhoiam322, @KuranKaname for being good friends :D
    @BobAzzon, @npv12, @Gabyrx7, @Reechings and rest of my dear friends that tested the kernel (really, wouldn't be possible without you guys <3)

Contributors
    nem0 aka AnnoyingZlatan
    Source Code: GitHub

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-05-01
    Last Updated 2021-07-20
    Hey everyone, we are back with the new 1.6 release and it's up on Google Drive and OTA! As promised, this update is performance improvement update with few s2idle patches for that sweet idle drain :D

Changelog since previous version:
    -Merge latest CAF tags LE.UM.5.4.2.r1-00100-QCS610.0, LA.UM.9.1.r1-10200-SMxxx0.0
    -Merge 4.14.235 upstream
    -Move and affine surfaceflinger to prime (this improves performance and gives us lower jitter)
    -Updated up/down scheduler rate limits for better freq utilisation
    -Set each cpu clock to max when waking up
    -Mark many kthreads as perf critical (rcu,mm,block)
    -Merge more rcu backports
    -Cgroup bringup
    -Genirq bringup
    -Lower max s2idle attempts (reduce number of freezes)
    -Add unified cmdline paramter for PD switching (recent LOS patch caused issues for some OOS users so that part of code will now be ignored if you flash kernel on OOS)

Enjoy!
    Hey everyone, we are back with the new long awaited 1.8 release and it's up on Google Drive and OTA! This release brings more noticeable battery life improvements with that same sweet performance we had before. Refer to the changelog below since 1.7:

-Merge 4.14.239 linux stable upstream
    -Merge latest CAF tag "LA.UM.9.1.r1-10600-SMxxx0.0" treewide
    -Merge latest CAF tag "LA.UM.9.1.r1-10600-SMxxx0.0" for qcacld-3.0, qca-wifi-host-cmn and fw-api
    -Switch to srandom in favor of urandom
    -Fix camera issues (switching lenses crashes)
    -Set correct dalvik vm values for 6, 8 and 12GB models respectively
    -Increase boost on app launch
    -Various scheduler improvements
    -Switch to power efficient wq treewide
    -Vmpressure patches from Sultan
    -Introduce dynamic cpuset for display group
    -Add configurable VMSTAT interval and set it to 20ms

Enjoy!
    Hey everyone, we are back with the new long awaited 2.7 release and it's up on Google Drive and OTA! It is a major update since 2.4 release too. Find a changelog down below, flash the builds, and share your feedback! I am sure it was worth the wait :)

By the way, please read the note in the changelog header, since it will be important for the future versioning.

Changelog for 2.7 release:

***From this release onwards, FOD has been reworked in order to be fully compatible and working with new A12 ROMs. It still might work on A11 ROMs and OOS 11, but to an extent. Because of that, there will be separate builds for A11 ROMs and OOS 11 without those changes, marked with "eleven" tag (although I would reccommend everyone to try out A12 builds, KOSP being one of the best options at the moment). So for example, for OOS 11, you would flash "Dora-Kernel-v2.7-eleven-sdcard_fs.zip".OOS 11 compatible build, so eleven-sdcardfs version is still staying as default for JSON configuration.***

-Merge latest 4.14.256 kernel stable upstream
    -Merge latest CAF tag LA.UM.9.1.r1-11300-SMxxx0.0 treewide
    -Merge latest CAF tag LA.UM.9.1.r1-11300-SMxxx0.0 for qcacld-3.0, qca-wifi-host-cmn and fw-api (update WLAN drivers to 5.2.022.9N)
    -Switch to 250Hz timer and 16ms PELT halflife respectively
    -Improve idle power consumption
    -Various mm, qos, ion patches from Sultan
    -Locking/qspinlock backports
    -Modify scheduler capacity margins
    -Revisit of many old kgsl/msm patches
    -Move to f2fs late_initcall
    -Fix freezing issues for A12 ROMs
    -Built using latest Dora Clang toolchain built from LLVM upstream

Enjoy, xx

Also, we have reached 1k members in Telegram group, so thanks everyone who joined, this is a great milestone for me! :love:
    Hey everyone, we are back with the new v1.2 release and it's up on Google Drive! Still rocking relatively big updates so everyone is reccommended to jump on this one.
    *As promised, from this update onwards, OTA integration has been done for FKM or Smartpack kernel manager (link for JSON will be down below in changelog)

Changelog since 1.1:
    -Merge latest kernel tag from CAF: ("LE.UM.4.4.2.r1-03800-SDX55")
    -Switch to VBSWAP instead of ZRAM (RAM boost off on OOS)
    -zsmalloc/vmalloc/ZSWAP bringup and backports
    -Fix broken proximity sensors on OP7/T variants
    -Scheduler and PID map optimizations from Sultan
    -Revert removal of LB_BIAS code
    -Enable support for IORap
    -Block few more userspace HAL's on OOS11
    -More crypto code backports
    *Integrate OTA updates in Franco's Karamel Manager (JSON)