• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL]Android 11 Stock Kernel with Magisk

Search This thread

cosmo_roel

Feb 15, 2021
Thanks! How did you make it? I did this:
* I downloaded XQ-AU52_Customized EU_59.1.A.0.485-R8B with xperifirm
* It was automatically extracted by xperifirm
* I didn't find anything looking like boot.img, but i saw boot_X-FLASH-ALL-E9C8.sin, which i unpacked with unsin
* The resulting .img (about 67.1 MB) i patched with magisk manager, logs looked positive

However, flashing that created a boot loop. I had to restore original firmware from sony's built-in recovery (back to android 10).

I tried extracting the 67.1 MB img with imjtool. Which results in 4 files: devicetree.dtb, kernelimage, kernel and ramdisk. I thought maybe I needed kernel, but that is only 15.4 MB.

Tony060912

Aug 21, 2020
Thanks! How did you make it? I did this:
* I downloaded XQ-AU52_Customized EU_59.1.A.0.485-R8B with xperifirm
* It was automatically extracted by xperifirm
* I didn't find anything looking like boot.img, but i saw boot_X-FLASH-ALL-E9C8.sin, which i unpacked with unsin
* The resulting .img (about 67.1 MB) i patched with magisk manager, logs looked positive

However, flashing that created a boot loop. I had to restore original firmware from sony's built-in recovery (back to android 10).

I tried extracting the 67.1 MB img with imjtool. Which results in 4 files: devicetree.dtb, kernelimage, kernel and ramdisk. I thought maybe I needed kernel, but that is only 15.4 MB.
Here:

cosmo_roel

Feb 15, 2021
Ah, turns out I'm far from the first one with this issue. Thanks for the link. I also found the general guide here on xda now. Unpacking boot.img and removing the system_ext did the trick.

Supercharlie25

Feb 8, 2014
Madrid
Ah, turns out I'm far from the first one with this issue. Thanks for the link. I also found the general guide here on xda now. Unpacking boot.img and removing the system_ext did the trick.
hi, i actually got the procedure myself. However, when editing the boot img in Android Kitchen, i can´t find the file "fstab.qcom". I have two fstab files, fstab.default and fstab.emmc.
Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

hi, i actually got the procedure myself. However, when editing the boot img in Android Kitchen, i can´t find the file "fstab.qcom". I have two fstab files, fstab.default and fstab.emmc.
Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
did you find a fix or a solution?
Thanks

EDIT: The fix is to comment the system_ext line inside the two fstab files

Last edited:
Reactions: Meloferz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 11 Stock Kernel with Magisk.
    Based on SEA Firmware Version 59.1.A.0.485.

Download:
    MEGA
    Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi,
    did you find a fix or a solution?
    Thanks

EDIT: The fix is to comment the system_ext line inside the two fstab files