• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL] [Android 12] [v12.2] MVK - Maximum Velocity Kernel

Search This thread

ashatter

Oct 10, 2012
Since this is likely to be the last update fore Android 11. I was hoping there would be more updates/optimizations. LOL

Thank you very much for your efforts spent on Android 11. I'll stay with this version for a few months until Android 12 gets more stable. :D

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
I spent months back on Android 10 getting the optimizations just right. I don't mess with them much now, just updates until I find something interesting to add

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Just an FYI to all.....I am most likely getting the 5a when its available and will be moving on from the 3a XL and as such no longer developing for it.

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
3a XL is/was a great phone but the 5a is SO much better for the same price. Plus, Android 12 was the end of the line for this phone anyway.

blksith0

Aug 10, 2008
LOS 18.1 + MVK
I've no idea what this does, but at least now I can brag at parties about how my phone has a custom kernel.

Fails cts Safety Net though. Bummer.

ashatter

Oct 10, 2012
I think I have some memory issues that some apps may be killed in the background once I run a app that consumes a lot of memory. The situation seems to be improved by the September stock update and v11.12.

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
v11.13 is up......no AOSP kernel changes but a TON of additions on my side. This is significantly better performing now as well as improved battery life.

nowster

Dec 30, 2012
v11.13 is up......no AOSP kernel changes but a TON of additions on my side. This is significantly better performing now as well as improved battery life.
Grr. I'm trying to re-build locally but the asm-generic makefile is not generating any headers since v11.12, and I'm getting 'asm/types.h' file not found

nowster

Dec 30, 2012
Grr. I'm trying to re-build locally but the asm-generic makefile is not generating any headers since v11.12, and I'm getting 'asm/types.h' file not found
OK. Traced this to

Code:
commit 8b21c19b4e73146a6f094886ef706e5eece1a0b9
Author: Douglas Anderson <[email protected]>
Date:   Mon Oct 16 10:12:45 2017 -0700

kbuild: Add a cache for generated variables

Reverted that one, and now it's not finding includes in arch/arm64/include/asm/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those familiar with Velocity Rom this is the kernel I build for it. Velocity hasnt been on XDA as a rule so Im sure not many are familiar. Velocity is my personal Rom Ive been building for years and have shared with all that are interested. This isnt and will never be an "official development project" but will always exist as long as I continue to develop Android roms.

Velocity is focussed on speed, stability, and efficiency and not on adding every imaginable feature. As this is my personal Rom it will have everything I deem useful to me and/or that doesnt compromise the goals of the project.

I dont add every conceivable governor, I/O scheduler, or other user tweakable options. In fact, I typically remove all the options and keep the best. This is designed as a plug and play kernel, not something to be changed. Its also not designed for other Roms.

Please do not ask for features, ETA's, or related. Again, this is my personal kernel for my personal Rom and will be shared accordingly. That said, I do encourage healthy, friendly dialog in my threads.

Flashing instructions
    1) Reboot to bootloader
    2) Fastboot boot 'bootimage_name'.img to make sure it boots with no issues
    3) Reboot to bootloader again
    4) Fastboot flash boot 'bootimage_name'.img
    5) Buckle up for safety - optional of course

Changelog

Download

Source
    New build time. I just spent the last month rebasing and rebuilding this. Everything was rethought, tested, and only kept if it objectively and subjectively improved either performance or efficiency. This is up to date with the latest AOSP and Linux kernel sources. This is built off January security but "should" work on older builds as well.

See changelog for changes and enjoy.
    New build time.....you know the drill.
    Ok, v10.22 is up. This is a much improved, simplified build vs 10.21. I will continue to add, change, tweak, and experiment with things that improve this kernel but Ill never stray too far from my main principles of speed, efficiency, and stability. This is for March security only. Flash over anything else at your own risk.
    New build up. See changelog.......This works on both November and December builds.