v12.2 is up. This is another massive rework including updated, simplified optimizations, removal of tons of commits that werent helpful (or were harmful) to performance, and many other changes. This performs significantly better and battery life (especially idle drain) is also much better.
Side note.....due to temporary circumstances I will be sticking with the 3a XL for now and will look at updating next year at some point so this kernel will be full steam ahead for now.
Can I ask you? After update OTA my bootloader is locked or unlocked?
p.s. sorry for bold, my PC does not allow me to make text normal for some reason
v11.13.1 Works for me on android 12, the only unusual thing is that it would not boot from the first attempt after the update.
My path (skipping obvious things, like enabling USB debugging):
1) starting with: sargo, Android 11, MVK 11.12+magisk, unlocked bootloader
2) OTA update to Android 12
3) reboot, all works, no magisk, no root, all stock
4) reboot to bootloader
5) fastboot boot MVK_Sargo_v11.13.1_magisk_patched.img, first time fails when loading
6) repeat: fastboot boot MVK_Sargo_v11.13.1_magisk_patched.img (without booting to stock kernel using power+down combo)
7) Booted correctly to the main screen
8) adb reboot bootloader
9) fastboot flash boot MVK_Sargo_v11.13.1_magisk_patched.img
10) first time fails when loading
11) just wait for the reboot, looks like a boot loop, but it is not
12) all good, Android 12, MVK 11.13.1+magisk, unlocked bootloader
13) update magisk from the Magisk Manager (Canary channel)
14) same double (or ever three times?) reboot
15) final: Android 12, MVK 11.13.1+magisk23001. All major functionally seem to be fine: phone, camera, wi-fi, Bluetooth.
In addition, all of my magisk packages seem to survive and work correctly
Cmdline: /system/bin/netd pid: 22634, tid: 9757, name: Dns_101_10234 >>> /system/bin/netd <<< uid: 0 signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -1 (SI_QUEUE), fault addr -------- Abort message: 'terminating with uncaught exception of type NSt3__112system_errorE: thread constructor failed: Out of memory'
I just flashed that build and it's definitely rooted so something is going on on your end.@ctfrommn Hi, it looks like your MVK_Sargo_v12.3_magisk_patched.img isn't actually patched with magisk. When i look into magisk, it says uninstalled, but the kernel itself is installed when i check with EX kernel manager.
I've also tried patching your kernel boot img with magisk, but no luck.
Edit: same with MVK_Sargo_v12.2_magisk_patched.img
Yes, you're right. Before flashing your kernel image, i was on magisk canary. It seems that i cant go back to stable magisk for some reason. I tried patching the latest stock jan sargo boot.img from google with magisk stable (23) and it doesnt work either.
No idea what either of those are.Yep, thanks. One question, does your kernel include disabling pwm(pulse width modulation) or enabling DC dimming? According to notebookcheck(website), our pixel 3a uses pwm under 99% brightness.
In EX kernel manager, is that the same as changing the pulse frequency under k-lapse settings? Or does it have something to do with the backlight dimmer option?