[KERNEL] [Android 12] [v12.9] MVK - Maximum Velocity Kernel

Search This thread

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
For those familiar with Velocity Rom this is the kernel I build for it. Velocity hasnt been on XDA as a rule so Im sure not many are familiar. Velocity is my personal Rom Ive been building for years and have shared with all that are interested. This isnt and will never be an "official development project" but will always exist as long as I continue to develop Android roms.

Velocity is focused on speed, stability, and efficiency and not on adding every imaginable feature. As this is my personal Rom it will have everything I deem useful to me and/or that doesnt compromise the goals of the project.

I dont add every conceivable governor, I/O scheduler, or other user tweakable options. In fact, I typically remove all the options and keep the best. This is designed as a plug and play kernel, not something to be changed. Its also not designed for other Roms.

Please do not ask for features, ETA's, or related. Again, this is my personal kernel for my personal Rom and will be shared accordingly. That said, I do encourage healthy, friendly dialog in my threads.

Flashing instructions
1) Reboot to bootloader
2) Fastboot boot 'bootimage_name'.img to make sure it boots with no issues
3) Reboot to bootloader again
4) Fastboot flash boot 'bootimage_name'.img
5) Buckle up for safety - optional of course

Changelog

Download

Source

Last edited:
G

GuestK00292

Thanks for this!
It's great to see another person building for our device. Not that the others aren't doing great work, but the more the merrier.

Reactions: KarinByChance

jsanta11

Jan 22, 2008
Bayamon
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Question, am running bootleggers rom, kernel flashed fine and everything smooth, only thing wifi was broken, I wiped dalvik and restart phone issue still persist.

Tmobile 3axl

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Question, am running bootleggers rom, kernel flashed fine and everything smooth, only thing wifi was broken, I wiped dalvik and restart phone issue still persist.

Tmobile 3axl

Not surprising. This is why I stated it works on stock but no idea on custom ROMs. I can cook a boot image if you want to try that, but that would also be based on stock.

Boot image is up in the same folder if you want to try that, but this really is designed to run on either my Rom or stock. Once velocity is out I won't be building stand alone kernels.

Last edited:
Reactions: derboedi

jsanta11

Jan 22, 2008
Bayamon
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Not surprising. This is why I stated it works on stock but no idea on custom ROMs. I can cook a boot image if you want to try that, but that would also be based on stock.

Boot image is up in the same folder if you want to try that, but this really is designed to run on either my Rom or stock. Once velocity is out I won't be building stand alone kernels.

My bad I overlooked that part.. Understood, I'll wait till you cook up the rom and rock with it.. Thanks in advance

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Android 10 kernel coming soon. Got it all working correctly now. Will be a magisk patched boot.img for now as that seems to work best.

oranget

Feb 14, 2013
Which file is the correct one to download? Folders are showing as empty?

oranget

Feb 14, 2013
Kernel flashed great....running it now. Will reply soon on overall usage. I flashed it through EX kernel manager.

Last edited:

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Wasn't on it long enough but I would expect they would be the same. Honestly I won't get a good battery cycle until I'm done getting this where I want it. I'm already several versions newer than 10.1

Last edited:
Reactions: oranget

sysak

Sep 17, 2013
I had an issue with touchscreen not working when waking up from sleep on 10.2. I use the fingerprint and if i unlock the phone from sleep (always on display showing) touch wont work but if i wake it, switch off the screen with the button and unlock again quickly then it's ok. Reverted to 10.1

Reactions: oranget

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those familiar with Velocity Rom this is the kernel I build for it. Velocity hasnt been on XDA as a rule so Im sure not many are familiar. Velocity is my personal Rom Ive been building for years and have shared with all that are interested. This isnt and will never be an "official development project" but will always exist as long as I continue to develop Android roms.

Velocity is focused on speed, stability, and efficiency and not on adding every imaginable feature. As this is my personal Rom it will have everything I deem useful to me and/or that doesnt compromise the goals of the project.

I dont add every conceivable governor, I/O scheduler, or other user tweakable options. In fact, I typically remove all the options and keep the best. This is designed as a plug and play kernel, not something to be changed. Its also not designed for other Roms.

Please do not ask for features, ETA's, or related. Again, this is my personal kernel for my personal Rom and will be shared accordingly. That said, I do encourage healthy, friendly dialog in my threads.

Flashing instructions
    1) Reboot to bootloader
    2) Fastboot boot 'bootimage_name'.img to make sure it boots with no issues
    3) Reboot to bootloader again
    4) Fastboot flash boot 'bootimage_name'.img
    5) Buckle up for safety - optional of course

Changelog

Download

Source
    v10.23 is up. This works on both March and April security. See changelog as usual for detailed changes.

I hope everyone is staying safe during this time. Android development is awesome but during times like this it really puts into perspective how insignificant it is. My thoughts and prayers go out to anyone who has been affected by this outbreak. Whether physically, financially, or just struggling with the current new normal and isolation which is so tough for so many. We will triumph and it will be a triumph earned together as one global community.

Be well, stay safe, and happy flashing!!
    v10.10 is up.

If anyone wants a non rooted boot.img I can definitely upload that as well. It seems many with this device have no interest in rooting it.
    New day, new build. This one is definitely faster than previous ones.
    Ok, so after updating to the s3 OTA and getting back on the stock kernel its making me rethink how I approached this. Im going to redo everything starting from fresh stock base. Im going to be extremely particular about what I add/change.

The battery life on stock is at least as good as MVK and the cores seem much better behaved. As this is all new to me (64 bit kernel development) this isnt that unexpected, especially for any of you that know me. Im ever tinkering and perfecting everything I make. Expect v10.9 and beyond to be a much better product. This will likely take me a couple days to get an initial (again) build.

I think simply backporting everything from upstream (even official Linux) isnt the best idea. There is a reason Google stopped at 4.9.165 and added select backports. Rest assured I will be backporting a ton of stuff but it wont just be blindly, assuming its better.

Rom development is still a ways off for everyone it appears so for now all my focus will be on building the best kernel possible.

More info to come.......