[KERNEL][AOSP][2.6.38.2] - Savaged-Zen v1.0.0 [HAVS+CFS/BFS]!

Search This thread

mikesincredible

Aug 15, 2010
splash looped using CFS no sbc and bfs no sbc...radio 11.19 cm #39 cw 2.5.18, cw3 wont flash roms for me so I stayed with old cwm..is this the issue? a few people stayed with the previous cwm

br125

Jan 25, 2009
What is sbc

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

"Superior Battery Charging"

It is an attempt to keep charging the battery while on the charger to keep it at 100% so when you take it off the charger in the morning you don't drop to 90% in 15 minutes

It seems that they figured it out for the Evo, not so much for the Inc yet.

*It could cause battery issues, but like anything on here, use at your own risk. I've had zero problem with it and my battery has never overheated, nor have I noticed deteriorated battery life, along with many other people.

SomeGuyDude

Jun 7, 2010
Do we have any objective data showing that it does or does not cause battery deterioration? Seems like a lot of this is hypothetical.

bbedward

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 6, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Are the Froyo kernels in the OP 37 or 32 versions?

~JeSSie: Quietly Brilliant~

All of them are 2.6.37 versions. The only differences between the froyo and GB ones are:
1. Wifi driver, GB only works with CSCAN, froyo will not work with CSCAN enabled
2. USB mass storage driver, some slight changes to the GB one as opposed to the one that works on froyo.

br125

Jan 25, 2009
Do we have any objective data showing that it does or does not cause battery deterioration? Seems like a lot of this is hypothetical.

There have been numerous threads that went nowhere talking about it, lets not make this a debate on where or not this harms anything. No data has been concrete that I've read. If you use it and your battery takes a ****, get a 1500 htc battery for $15 on ebay... its our own choice to use it

A whole thread would be needed for the discussion... start one in general and see what happens

Reactions: SomeGuyDude

bbedward

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 6, 2010
Cleveland, OH
There have been a couple of reports floating around (two or three at the most) that it caused their battery to fail or explode or something like that, but I don't know how credible the reports are.

Several debates have been around, people have even taken apart the battery and identified a chip that prevents overcharging. Others claim to be electrical engineers and explain how harmful it is.

I can't speak for how it reacts on the incredible, but on my EVO it's been great for awhile and my battery hasnt changed at all. It charges to about 4.2mV and +4mV and then draws about 30-50 mA from there so the extra battery life helps.

br125

Jan 25, 2009
Since it doesn't seem to be working as well on the inc as it does on the evo, is there anything us as testers can do to help?

edit: talking about SBC

SomeGuyDude

Jun 7, 2010
There have been numerous threads that went nowhere talking about it, lets not make this a debate on where or not this harms anything. No data has been concrete that I've read. If you use it and your battery takes a ****, get a 1500 htc battery for $15 on ebay... its our own choice to use it

A whole thread would be needed for the discussion... start one in general and see what happens

Oh no, I wasn't trying to disparage the thing at all. Quite the opposite! I was just wondering if all the "OMG IT WILL MAKE YOUR BATTERY EXPLODE" stuff was rumor and hearsay or actual evidence. If it's just just conjecture, then all's good.

Also, the BFS+SBC made my battery take a complete crap.

spidey81

Oct 6, 2010
McPherson, KS
Flashed the bfs with sbc last night before bed. Within half an hour of pulling off the charger was down to 60% charge. Not sure if it was a bad flash or a glitch on my end, but I'll be trying it again with CM7 #40 when I have free time.

br125

Jan 25, 2009
Flashed the bfs with sbc last night before bed. Within half an hour of pulling off the charger was down to 60% charge. Not sure if it was a bad flash or a glitch on my end, but I'll be trying it again with CM7 #40 when I have free time.

Yes there is something seriously wrong with the SBC, It seems to have forced my phone to not be charged for a good bit of last night. I'm at less than an hour off the charger and I'm at 38%. Good thing this gets good battery life coupled with cm7!

spidey81

Oct 6, 2010
McPherson, KS
Yes there is something seriously wrong with the SBC, It seems to have forced my phone to not be charged for a good bit of last night. I'm at less than an hour off the charger and I'm at 38%. Good thing this gets good battery life coupled with cm7!

Think my problem stemmed from accidentally entering maps right before I turned off the screen. Was trying to get a GPS fix that whole time I was off the charger. I'll try it again tonight and report back.

On another note, I didn't see a savaged-zen profile in the CPU settings of CM7 or SETCPU. Is the smartass profile just modified specifically for this kernel or should there be a savaged-zen setting?

br125

Jan 25, 2009
Think my problem stemmed from accidentally entering maps right before I turned off the screen. Was trying to get a GPS fix that whole time I was off the charger. I'll try it again tonight and report back.

On another note, I didn't see a savaged-zen profile in the CPU settings of CM7 or SETCPU. Is the smartass profile just modified specifically for this kernel or should there be a savaged-zen setting?

I didn't have anything unusual running during the half hour it took to get under 40%. It is a kernel issue.. Even if you had gps searching, your battery life should never drop that fast

thess1

Oct 28, 2009
NC
While things do seem pretty slugish I can't complain as I am at 96% after 4 hours running cm7 with the bfs sbc kernel. Make sure you guys wipe battery stats... I'm getting great battery life thus far.

br125

Jan 25, 2009
While things do seem pretty slugish I can't complain as I am at 96% after 4 hours running cm7 with the bfs sbc kernel. Make sure you guys wipe battery stats... I'm getting great battery life thus far.

This isn't a battery stats issue (It would not cause this), this happened before when we had sbc kernels.. Yesterday my battery dropped to 94% in the morning and stayed there for awhile, all day good battery life. This morning I wake up and I'm down to under 40%..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sweeeet! Bringing the inc out of the dark ages. We'll finally be on par with the nexus one and supersonic