[KERNEL][AOSP][3.4.11] Patch_Monkey 0.02 [7-24-13][LOTK]

Search This thread

AarSyl

Would this kernel work on 4.3 paranoid?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hate to break it to you this way, but just try it. If it doesn't, just reflash the rom. No need to wipe data, so you're not losing anything.

It takes a few minutes to find out, instead of waiting hours or days for a response. I don't know the answer to the question myself, which is why I didn't give a direct answer.

Tablet: ASUS Nexus 7.2
Rooted, Stock Rom & Kernel

zacnking

Jun 30, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
I used it on 4.3 before we had haunted and it did boot but there were a few issues. Why not use the kernels made for it? Anyway like he said give it a whirl if you get the urge

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using XDA

vnphatbuddha

Mar 22, 2011
Thanks guys. If it boots up then that'll work for me cuz I need to be able to use usb plugged in order to use QPST/DFS

vnphatbuddha

Mar 22, 2011
Exactly. Or after your done try Haunted Carbon out... ;)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I really need an aosp expert here! I'm on the latest 4.3 paranoid and I have no mobile data, talk/text works fine though. Followed your suggestions and did a clean install of viper4g which was my previous rom before I went to paranoid. Booted up and I went straight to diag mode to change settings with QPST/DFS. Found out that much wasn't needed to be change cuz most of them were the same as before. Then I proceeded to recovery to restore my paranoid backuo and when everything was done n booted up, my settings didn't stick at all and I was back on sprint? Btw my evo is flashed to metropcs. Is there a script to enter diag mode on aosp? Can some please help me on this frustrating problem???

jamieg71

Mar 13, 2011
Sanford, Florida
I really need an aosp expert here! I'm on the latest 4.3 paranoid and I have no mobile data, talk/text works fine though. Followed your suggestions and did a clean install of viper4g which was my previous rom before I went to paranoid. Booted up and I went straight to diag mode to change settings with QPST/DFS. Found out that much wasn't needed to be change cuz most of them were the same as before. Then I proceeded to recovery to restore my paranoid backuo and when everything was done n booted up, my settings didn't stick at all and I was back on sprint? Btw my evo is flashed to metropcs. Is there a script to enter diag mode on aosp? Can some please help me on this frustrating problem???

If your on a different carrier than sprint I believe your going to need to change the apns-conf.xml in system/etc and edit your build.prop to reflect the proper carrier. Honestly don't know much about flashing for other carriers so you might want to find a thread in general, someone always has a guide up.

vnphatbuddha

Mar 22, 2011
If your on a different carrier than sprint I believe your going to need to change the apns-conf.xml in system/etc and edit your build.prop to reflect the proper carrier. Honestly don't know much about flashing for other carriers so you might want to find a thread in general, someone always has a guide up.

I tried already but there's no specific thread on aosp rom using different carrier. My carriers info is already added into apns-conf.xml. I can edit the build.prop with notepad+++ right? Also would you happen to know what lines to edit and how? Thank you so much for helping me out, really appreciate bro

the1youknew

May 8, 2013
Will cm10.2 blackCM work with this kernel? Noticed it says 3.4.62 .. And monkeys at 3.4.11.. I'm confused :(

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    iXIos74YkdcTN.png

ibqqFL3MLGG88e.jpg

The
    Patch_Monkey Kernel

This is an aosp kernel based from CM 3.4.11
    I CLAIM NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CODE USED IN BUILDING THIS KERNEL.
    All source can be found on my github- https://github.com/jamieg71/kernel
    I have been playing with kernels here and there and this is what I have so far.
    All features have been taken from commits I found on Github
    The majority of which I found by studying ThickLizard's
    commit history but also as specified in the credits below possibly a few others as well
    it would be much easier to track if I could learn to cherry-pick correctly.
    Through trial and
    (LOTS)
    of errors,
    I have managed to get running to a point that I feel is not a total fail...
    How's that for instilling confidence?

i6URQcFieLyGz.png

Linux 3.4.11
    192 min cpu
    1728 max cpu
    Frandom Module
    I/O tweaks

Governors
    asswax
    intellidemand
    conservative
    ondemand
    userspace
    powersave
    interactive
    performance

I/O Schedulers
    noop
    deadline
    row
    sio
    zen
    vr
    cfq

Toolchains
    Linaro 4.7.4
    GCC 4.7-2013.16-1
    Built with -O3 and additional flags

izKikvYuSP2L3.png

Add kernel based MPDecision
    Add USB Fast Charge
    Add Sweep to wake
    OC GPU
    Tweak CPU/voltage parameters

i0RDhoGsxEea6.png

Code:
    7-23-13
    Occasional delay on wake.
    Work-a-round-  Long press power button to wake

ibno4vIUuyFHbt.png

Code:
    [COLOR="Red"]7-24-13[/COLOR]
    Merge Tag Version 3.4.11
    Commit here- https://github.com/jamieg71/kernel/commit/dd668e9141897052e651fb1516b2a4d9343e3de1
    Increased read ahead
    Ground work for new feature..

[COLOR="Red"]7-23-13[/COLOR]
    Initial Release

ibyPa1vR4oturj.png

7-24-13 Patch_Monkey_0.02
    http://d-h.st/CrZ
    7-23-13 Patch_Monkey_0.01
    http://d-h.st/BQd

ibqyHc6NX87NdJ.png

1) Download Patch_Monkey zip to SD
    2) Reboot recovery
    3) Wipe Cache and Dalvik cache
    4) Flash Patch_Monkey
    5) Reboot

iBv1zcOxTtFT7.png

Standard disclaimer, I nor XDA, LOTK, god, "the man" or anyone else
    is responsible for what you do to your phone.
    Flash at your own risk

ionUxKSysIb82.png

CyanogenMod Team
    Kushdeck
    ThickLizard
    NIN
    ktoonsez
    ATYoung
    Dastin1015
    Team Hydra
    UltimatumXY
    Papa Smurf151
    Ropodope
    Miksheppard
    kendallc123
    Diablo67
    Dsixda

Hey guys, I just updated the OP, not with another build but with additional explanation as to where I pulled the commits used to build this kernel. I had mistakenly assumed that by stating "I CLAIM NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CODE USED IN BUILDING THIS KERNEL" in big bold red print, that most people would gather the logical assumption that I claim no responsibility for the code used in building this kernel. And by listing the people who's commit's I had used under,
    ionUxKSysIb82.png

CyanogenMod Team
    Kushdeck
    ThickLizard
    NIN
    ktoonsez
    ATYoung
    Dastin1015
    Team Hydra
    UltimatumXY
    Papa Smurf151
    Ropodope
    Miksheppard
    kendallc123
    Diablo67
    Dsixda

That people would make the further assumption, quite possibly draw the conclusion that those people listed under,
    ionUxKSysIb82.png

were most likely the very same people I had pulled commits from.

Apparently that was not clear enough. So please allow me to clarify-
    I CLAIM
    NO (THAT'S ZERO AS IN NADA, ZILCH, [0])
    RESPONSIBILITY
    FOR
    ANY OF THE COMMITS
    OR CODE IN THIS KERNEL.

So Thick, if NIN hit me up at your request, just let me know. I respect the heck out of you. I'll pull this down with no problem. It honestly looks like to me that NIN saw that I have komodo cloned and had built this from that source and that's not the case. I put this kernel together from CM source and built it, like I said, commit by commit including the merge to 3.4.11 which I did by hand, all 85 changed files with 1,124 additions and 3,682 deletions, over the course of four and a half hours or better because I couldn't cherry-pick or create a patch to save my life. And go ahead have a laugh, but I'm honest to a fault. It's not now nor has ever been my intention to make people believe I'm a developer. I'm a construction worker. I screw around and put things together and occasionally I post it here. I always have and will give proper credits, that's always been kind of my thing unlike some of the people that post here.
    OP updated. New Version 0.02
    See OP for changelog

Edit-
    On today's build of Carbon
    Fresh flash with no adjustments whatsoever-
    5eje6ery.jpg
    Yes its a good time to own an LTE. Lots of players in the game and we still have guys like deck, flemmard, and intervigillum contributing for our device. Amongst many others of course.
    I bought the One for myself and my girl got a gs4. Returned em both. Great devices but honestly I'm going to hold out for a true game changer. If the sprint variant of the Note 3 has the octo core I may go with that.

Sent from my EVO

I heard the octo core will get you a beer out of the fridge

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2