[Kernel] AOSP 4.4.2 [v7] [D800,801,802,803,LS980,VS980]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dr87

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2013
Yes, been using this app for a while. I know how to use it. Thanks anyways.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

any setting in specific isn't sticking? I just changed a bunch of settings and applied on boot to test, they all stuck

Also, which rom

Ltilt2

Sep 1, 2010
Los Angeles
any setting in specific isn't sticking? I just changed a bunch of settings and applied on boot to test, they all stuck

Also, which rom

Yep but what I just did was uninstall it and download it again. Will see if this fixes it.

Edit: did not work. Settings go back to default settings

Last edited:

trunks527

Apr 7, 2012
Yep but what I just did was uninstall it and download it again. Will see if this fixes it.

I had this issue running trickster before. You have to make sure that one check box is checked. In the settings screen I think it's the first one. It'd always irritate me when my settings would revert back.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

B

bachera

I think trickster requires paid version for settings to stick on boot. Could be wrong

ckyy

May 16, 2013
Currently testing v4 with intelliactive in latest Mahdi. That should satisfy my flashing OCD. Performance is nice so far. Occasionally stutters when scrolling (but that' happening on all governors).

Gesendet von meinem g2 mit Tapatalk

philsfan

Mar 10, 2010

You don't have anything to "set on boot" with the built in performance app on the ROM, do you?

Sent from my g2 using Tapatalk

jameseytickner

Account currently disabled
Oct 16, 2013
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
This kernel runs sooooo cold, 25°C on average. Sweeeeeeeet. And to the people who's settings won't stick use the combo of the built in performance control and Trickster mod and you'll have no issues :good:

ZeNiXxX

Apr 22, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Nice work dr as always. My device is smooth and stable now and battery friendly... I was on furnace Kernel... I have lots of freezes and Reboots with it. But your Kernel is just amazing! keep it up

Gesendet von meinem LG-D802

Last edited:

provolinoo

Nov 19, 2010
Milano
Tried but had too many freezes. I will talk about it in my review either today or tomorrow, weather permitting. Tested both on rc3 and the latest nightly today.

oh :(

where will I be able to read/view your review?

ps
do you think cm11 works better with its stock kernel?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A kernel for AOSP roms based on 4.2.2 source​

Main features:

- Based on both Nexus 5 4.4.2 kernel source and G2

- In kernel thermal (Bricked)

- In kernel mpdecision hotplug (Bricked)

- Powersuspend, Dynamic Fsync, Intellidemand, Intelliactive, FauxSound (Faux123)

- Overclocking (2.8ghz), Underclocking, Voltage control

- RGB color control

- Additional Gov's and I/O scheds

- All TCP congestion types

- Many other Improvements

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Info:

Trickster stock thermal / mpdecision settings are already tuned.

Don't turn on mpdecision in the main trickster menu (Defaults off) . Don't set a touchboost on cpu0

It is recommended you don't mess with any thermal/mpdecision settings unless you are 100% sure you know what you are doing and why you are doing it. I tuned stock to be good and will always improve it.

Please do not post anything about battery life in this thread. If you have battery issues check your apps and wake locks. Also please keep Sod reports to a minimum, some device variants have issues with Sods on all kernels and its something I'm always trying to fix. Currently CM rom has many issues, please do not report issues related to CM here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Release Downloads

Downloads Mirror

Source

Code:
     Changelog ([I]specifics found on git[/I])

V7

- Add overclocking up to 2.8 GHZ
    - Add Faux sound (Shouldn't cause audio issues but I will be watching)
    - Reverted overvolted tables, now follows standard voltages based on your PVS
    - Misc Improvements

V6:

- Add support for PAC / CM (phone UI crash fix)
    - Intelliactive fix
    - Misc improvements found on my git

V5:

- Updates to board specific source files from 4.4 kernel
    - Remove some junk debugging from the kernel
    - Ramdisk updates
    - Power updates
    - Misc updates

V4:

- Enable all TCP congestion control options (Use Google to find out what they do)
     - Faux's brand new governor, Intelliactive. Read more [URL="https://github.com/faux123/Nexus_5/commit/7067c4bdd043ff8fe53fef61a47f3d374e452b47"]here[/URL] at the top of the page
     - Power and voltage 4.4 updates everywhere, I suggest you try this if you get sod's and reboots on kitkat

Bug fixes:
    Enabled Dynamic Fsync again

V3:

- CPU Hotplug improvements
     - Revert exp sound, will fix sound issues for people who tried v2(exp)
     - Lower temp throttle a bit
     - Enable BFQ i/o sched on all variants - Accidentally only on d801 before
     - Update CPU voltages to one stock table - this could be no change, +25 or +50 depending on what your chip is binned. This may help sod's and reboots on AOSP.
     - Misc optimizations

Bug Fixes:
     - Max volume bug
     - Attempt to fix occasional mount bug in recovery

Code:
    Credits:
    Faux123
    Houstonn
    FranciscoFranco
    Savoca
    Showp-1984
    RMCC
    Many other android/linux devs
    What I'm hoping is that with official 4.4.2 kernel source out, he's been busy updating a ton of code with the rest of the devs. Fingers crossed! :p

Very far from dead :)

What I've been doing for 2 days now since I got my phone back is working on the new kernel source and working on full 4.4.2 bringups to the vendor trees we build roms with :good:

Only problem with using the new kernel now is all roms need to update to full 4.4.2 vendor files, otherwise things like camera, ril, sensors etc will not work. Hopefully this happens soon since LG's 4.4.2 kernel source is very up to date, has all the updated commits from the Nexus 5 kernel and some more. Its possible at this moment because we have all the vendor files needed to do this. We just need to experiment with a few things, also kitkat added a few more extra blobs I have to go through.

I almost have my 4.4.2 kernel base where this kernel currently is, and then I can update them in sync. I'm about to experiment with updated vendor files and hopefully we can dump the old kernel source soon
    I have a belief now (from looking at good logs) that the SoD issues on vs980 and d802 are caused by the modems these variants use and something on aosp sets the issue off

In all cases I've seen with logs that show the actual cause of reboot it was due to modem setting off a kernel panic (usually when it wakes up)

I need to do more research on this issue to know how to fix it as I don't deal with modems too much... I have a few theories but nothing certain yet
    V7 is uploaded

- Add overclocking up to 2.8 GHZ
    - Add Faux sound (Shouldn't cause audio issues but I will be watching)
    - Reverted overvolted tables, now follows standard voltages based on your PVS
    - Misc Improvements
    V6 up

- Add support for PAC / CM (phone UI crash fix)
    - Intelliactive fix
    - Misc improvements found on my git