• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[KERNEL][AOSP][AnyKernel] Gamma Kernel for D855/D852/D851/D850/VS985/LS990

Tunghur

Feb 7, 2013
La Plata
In the latest version I'm experiment an abnormal overheating. Even when I do simple tasks like see videos in YouTube, using chrome, Tapatalk, Spotify, etc.

Reactions: cela_elis

fabriquesilver

Sep 8, 2012
In the latest version I'm experiment an abnormal overheating. Even when I do simple tasks like see videos in YouTube, using chrome, Tapatalk, Spotify, etc.

Check sync threshold, I set it to 1036 and its fine

Also input boost 1574 on core 1 and core 3

The rest disabled

Reactions: Tunghur

eric93se

Oct 23, 2013
Hey Omar, I had a forced reboot using v37 with stock CM14.1 Was using the music app and tried turning on the screen with a double tap, then got a reboot. I made a logcat for you, sending the link to your private msg.

Tunghur

Feb 7, 2013
La Plata
Check sync threshold, I set it to 1036 and its fine

Also input boost 1574 on core 1 and core 3

The rest disabled
Thanks! I will try that config. In kernel adiutor the CPU usage it's of 99%(at 1190 MHz), but I don't do anything and I can't find the reason...

Last edited:

brolic925t

Nov 20, 2011
Corona, NY
My god latest version has been the most smooth since v31.
Edit: nvm. Lots of microstutters but getting better. Back to v31

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zackkiara2013

May 10, 2013
Damansara
DESCRIPTION
This is a custom based Kernel for the D855/D852/D851/D850 variants of the LG G3 with performance enhancements and bug fixes that I have been using personally for a few months, thought it is time to share since I have had no inconvenient bugs and quite a big performance increase and smooth UI benefits. The intention is to have a minimal light-weight kernel that is fine tuned for the device.

FEATURES

• User space voltage control
  • Backport MSM devfreq features from 3.10 Kernel for the smoothest experience, includes adding cache fabric frequency scaling and better bus utilization
  • User space display color calibration (KCAL)
  • Deeper memory controller power savings on suspend (deeper power savings while sleep)
  • Two new L2 cache frequency steps: 1.88 & 2.03 GHz, allows for better multi-core utilization and hit rates
  • Wireless roaming disconnecting is now fixed
  • MPDecision argument optimization to allow lower thermal dissipation by keeping some cores alive to distribute loads and keep frequencies lower accross SoC die
  • Reduced heat when using wireless chargers
  • Memory and cache subsystem optimizations, you will feel it int the UI
  • Adreno Idler to get better GPU frequency utilization and battery life [removed as msm-adreno now idles properly]
  • Interactive governor tweaks to focus on lower frequencies while still maintaining fluidity in the UI
  • BFQ IO scheduler set by default to avoid slow-downs on task intensive scenarios
  • No overclocking was chosen to avoid unnecessary heat, optimizations were focused on other different areas
  • Small lock and dentry cache optimizations from 3.4.107 backported
  • Kernel Samepage Sharing enabled with deferred timer by default to gain some memory usage optimizations
  • Compiled with GCC 6.x optimized toolchain and -O3 plus other hardware specific flags
  • Undervolted the Adreno 330 GPU voltage rail to keep things cooler, and reduced the GPU min frequency to 27 MHz while keeping it's temperature cool to reach 620 MHz overclock
  • Default thermal values work ok, since GPU voltage rails and others were shaved a few mV
  • 100 Hz tick to prevent excessive battery usage, the smoothness of the UX does not come alone from raw processing -- there are many other changes in the subsystem that helped achieve the fluidity
  • A low value in the min_sample_time so that the interactive governor does not hover on excessive frequencies
  • Heavily tuned the GPU bandwidth and bus requirements to match closer the capabilities of the device and thus preventing micro-stutters

DOWNLOADS

AnyKernel: Click Here

SOURCE

NOTES
  • Intentionally left blank

NOTES
  • Intentionally left blank

KNOWN BUGS
  • FM Radio is causing hangs, still needs investigation

<< If you like my work here is my hat, please donate! >>

XDA:DevDB Information
Gamma Kernel , Kernel for the LG G3

Contributors
Omar-Avelar
Source Code: https://github.com/oxavelar/D85X-Kernel-Gamma

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 35.0.0
Stable Release Date: 2017-02-13

Created 2016-08-09
Last Updated 2017-02-13
hey ... can i flash this kernel on my d851 rr rom 7.1.1 ?

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone