• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. To discuss, report bugs and other issues, use this thread.

[KERNEL][AOSP/CAF/MIUI] [10] IMMENSiTY ➕ KERNEL [STABLE] [08-09-2020]

UtsavTheGreat

Aug 10, 2016
Surat

IMMENSiTY
KERNEL

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead batteries
 * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
 */

This Kernel is made to Improves Performance, Efficiency
and Security without deteriorating Battery.

DOWNLOAD

Major features
- This kernel is fully rebased over the CAF's optimized kernel source and updated to tag LE.UM.4.1.1-05110-sa515m/B]
- Wi-Fi drivers updated to latest codeaurora Release 5.2.03.30B
- Techpack drivers updated to latest CodeAurora Release tag LA.UM.8.1.r1-15800-sm8150.0
- This kernel is also Upstreamed to latest LinuxTermStable Release for Enhanced Security and Stability. Currently v4.14.195
- Compiled used ProtonClang 12.0.0 with Link Time Optimization LTO, LLVM's LLD Linker with RELR Relocations and using -O3 speed optimizations
- No VLAs (check Linux-Kills-The-VLA ).
- Flashing the kernel will preserve root! [i.e. No Need to Reflash magisk after flashing kernel]
- Highly cleaned up Xiaomi's drivers for reduced debugging and improved performance.
- Highly Improved FOD for Faster and Better Performance.
- Removed ESD IRQ handling from Display driver to speed up FOD event calls.

EAS Features
- EAS Implementation is based on QCOM 4.19 WALT with some internal fixes and optimizations.
- Disabled Autogrouping and used Cgroups for better and efficient task placement.
- Added CPUSets Assistant support with pixel4 cpusets configuration.

GPU related features:
- Improved GPU for better performance and Relaxed CPU latency Requirements to save power.
- Optimized GPU driver from better performance and reduced latency

Network related features:
- Added Wireguard VPN Tunnel Support ( Read This ).
- included new Google's BBR TCP congestoin algorithm for better and faster network experience.
- Improved BPF performance with eBPF JIT support.

Memory related features:
- ZRAM patched up to latest kernel/common state and used LZ4 as default compression algorithm to improve
Memory Managment.
- Fixed various memory leaks in different subsystems
- Used On-Stack Allocations in several allocaters from and Avoided Dynamically Allocating Memory to reduce overhead and providing better Performance.
- VMalloc Backported from mainline to improve memory allocation performance.
- Switched to using SLAB allocator in several subsystems for better performance.

Display Panel Features:
- Added Proper 66Hz panel overclock.
- Enabled ULPS [Ultra Low Power State] by default .
- Enabled physical power-off by default ( save power on statically rendered images ).

Miscelleneous Features:
- UFS optimizations for faster processing.
- DM-verity fully disabled (you can remount /vendor to R/W properly).
- Added 32-bit vDSO patches to improve 32-bit performance.
- Removed
RTB(interrupt)[/b] logging entirely
- Removed Logging, Debugging and tracing from several subsystems to reduce unnecessary overhead and improve performance.
- Hardened Kernel Security with Clang's stack initialization and Clang's Shadow Call stack.
- Enabled X-PAD Support.
- Added steam valve controller support

Check github.com/UtsavBalar1231/kernel_xiaomi_raphael
for all the patches used

• Simply flash the provided zip file via TWRP over your custom ROM installation. No need to wipe anything!
  • Before flashing you may want to backup the "Boot" partition. Restore it to revert any changes.
  • Flashing a ROM will overwrite this kernel: You'll have to flash the kernel zip again after updating your ROM.

• Before reporting an issue please check that it only occurs when having this kernel installed. Otherwise it may be an issue with the ROM.
  • The above also applies the other way around: Don't report issues to the maintainer of a ROM unless they also occur without this kernel.
  • Be aware that battery issues are very likely related to your personal settings. Don't blame me for your modifications.
  • Always use the latest Kernel release with the latest build of you ROM of choice. If the kernel is much newer than the ROM or the other way around weird issues may arise.

• Danny Linn @ Kdrag0n
  • Sultan Alsawaf @ Kerneltoast
  • YaroSlav Furman @ YaroST12
  • Cosmin Tanislav @ Demon000
  • Park Ju Hyung @ arter97

- Due to Numerous Commits its not possible to give credits to everyone but I respect them for their contribution. Please Check Github History for all Commits.

LIKE MY WORK ? Leave a Thanks

XDA:DevDB Information
IMMENSITY, Kernel for the Redmi K20 Pro

Contributors
UtsavTheGreat
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Current Stable Version:
Stable Release Date: 2019-08-28
Kernel Source: https://github.com/UtsavBalar1231/kernel_xiaomi_raphael
Created 2019-08-28
Last Updated 2020-08-28

XDA:DevDB Information
IMMENSiTY AUTO, Kernel for the Redmi K20 Pro

Contributors
UtsavTheGreat
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2019-08-28

Created 2019-08-27
Last Updated 2020-08-28

Last edited:

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
Which kernel did you use then, for changing the frequencies? Pulled from unofficial LOS? If so, does it work on other AOSP based ROMs, or only on LOS ROM?
As I said, I use Los with its own kernel. Never tried the Los boot.img (kernel) on any other rom, but you can try it. Just backup your current boot & dbto img before trying.

the_ozyrys

Dec 15, 2008
Kraków
Yes, I confirm that also on my device I can feel a bit more fluid UI,
at the cost of much worse battery life, with CPU holding to high frequency for longer,
and also spurious wakelocks (couldn't pinpoint the source).

Reverted to previous one and battery life is back to normal, with small back/close animation stuttering also back.

hus.ter

Mar 12, 2010
xiaomi.eu 11.0.8 Stable
OSS/MI9FOD, fingerprint doesn't work.
LOSFOD, fingerprint doesn't work when AOD is active, otherwise it works pretty fast.
MIUI12, fingerprint doesn't work when AOD is active, otherwise it works pretty fast.
@XblackdemonX .....

Last edited:

cristi_bv

Mar 20, 2008
brasov
Hi everyone, I installed it on Parandroid Quartz 4, FOD works better, battery seems same but had two restarts during phone usage. I don't notice the 66Hz, maybe it's too small of a difference from 60.

Robii97

Jul 20, 2014
This kernel absolutely destroys my battery. It won't let my cpu go lower then 1Ghz and drain my battery extremely quick. I reflashed Evolution X and now the problem is gone.

64ashg

May 18, 2014
Thanks for the update. Yes, it's very responsible but is it because freqs are not going down? My CPU frequencies stay high all the time. Anyone else?

Update: flashed los kernel from 31.07. for testing and freqs working normal...
I can confirm the same, and seeing the changelogs, from the next release, 0.8 onwards has higher minimum frequencies that are found in github..

64ashg

May 18, 2014
IMMENSiTY AUTO update for android 10 ROMs!

DATE: 08.09.2020
VERSION: 0.10.0

DOWNLOAD

Encounter a Bug?
Report with proper kernel logs
Enjoying IMMENSiTY AUTO?
Leave a thanks below
Thanks for the update, but the lowest frequencies still is more than 1000 on all clusters/ cores and cannot be changed. Reverting back to 31/07 build reverts the lowest frequency to stock values..

cristi_bv

Mar 20, 2008
brasov
hi, i was using the kernel OOS 28.08 and got random shutdowns with a lot of battery consumption on Parandroid Quatz 4. I tried to dirty reflash the ROM but am stuck with the strange heating and shutdowns. I'm considering switching entirely to xiaomi.eu's weekly build. In what scenario did you find this kernel most usefull? thanks

franky_z

May 18, 2011
Can someone explain what the advantage of higher freqs in low cpu state is? It seems to drain battery more but I dont see a benefit in performance? Or I am wrong and it's only on my phone.

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
Can someone explain what the advantage of higher freqs in low cpu state is? It seems to drain battery more but I dont see a benefit in performance? Or I am wrong and it's only on my phone.
The reasons are found here & here. And that's why I use LOS with its own kernel, I like the freedom to choose whatever frequencies I want.

franky_z

May 18, 2011
The reasons are found here & here. And that's why I use LOS with its own kernel, I like the freedom to choose whatever frequencies I want.
Ok, thank you, this is a good explaination to understand the reasons. Times have changed in modding and xda since there are more users that don’t know what they do. I can understand both sides.

FPSUsername

Jun 18, 2012
FPSUsername.cf
Charging problems

For some reason, the phone has issues charging using my configuration. Original 18W wall adapter, Baseus USB A to C adapter, Baseus 60W 2M USB C to C cable.

Using the stock kernel (I'm on MIUI 12 EEA, but this happened on MIUI 11 EEA and MIUI 11 Global as well), the charging is slow as if it's connected to a USB 2.0 port on the computer.
With Immensity kernel, it charges very slowly overnight, not even 10%. I had this issue as well using Candy kernel. The wall adapter works fine using any A to C cable.

Maybe @UtsavTheGreat could take a look at charging related to this setup?

Attachments

akkh99

Mar 1, 2014
Your issue is nothing to do with kernel since you also experience same issue with stock kernel. Your cable may be the problem.

sofir786

Feb 10, 2009
Birmingham
For some reason, the phone has issues charging using my configuration. Original 18W wall adapter, Baseus USB A to C adapter, Baseus 60W 2M USB C to C cable.

Using the stock kernel (I'm on MIUI 12 EEA, but this happened on MIUI 11 EEA and MIUI 11 Global as well), the charging is slow as if it's connected to a USB 2.0 port on the computer.
With Immensity kernel, it charges very slowly overnight, not even 10%. I had this issue as well using Candy kernel. The wall adapter works fine using any A to C cable.

Maybe @UtsavTheGreat could take a look at charging related to this setup?
As stated earlier, if you have this issue with stock kernel then it seems moreso an issue with your device

FPSUsername

Jun 18, 2012
FPSUsername.cf
As stated earlier, if you have this issue with stock kernel then it seems moreso an issue with your device
Well, the issue isn't as big as with a custom kernel. With stock it charges as if you hang it on a USB port (which charges the phone completely overnight), but with a custom kernel it charges only ~5% overnight.

When I get the chance, I'll try the 2m USB cable using my QC4 car charger (also from baseus). No need for USB a to c adapter.

Dhruv Meena

Feb 10, 2018
@UtsavTheGreat

Hey Dev

The performance is amazing

But the battery draw is also bad

Let us allow to tune down the minimum frequency pls

And please, somebody can share the link of specific version which support lowering the memory

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

[/COLOR @UtsavTheGreat

Hey Dev

The performance is amazing

But the battery draw is also bad

Let us allow to tune down the minimum frequency pls

And please, somebody can share the link of specific version which support lowering the memory

64ashg

May 18, 2014
Battery draw update
Phone in lockscreen
All apps forced closed
No issue in logs

Battery drain was from 100% to 70% overnight in standby

Which is huge
This is me, so there is a problem with your setup bud. And that 0.12% you see is because i fell asleep with YouTube vanced running in foreground with lte for and hour or so with the screen off. I have successfully touched 0% idle drain with this kernel multiple times.

I don't know what else you expect from sdm8150?

Edit : running losfod, 8th August build

Attachments

Last edited:

franky_z

May 18, 2011
This is me, so there is a problem with your setup bud. And that 0.12% you see is because i fell asleep with YouTube vanced running in foreground with lte for and hour or so with the screen off. I have successfully touched 0% idle drain with this kernel multiple times.

Which version of kernel do you use? Latest?

64ashg

May 18, 2014
Which version of kernel do you use? Latest?
Yes, losfod, 8th August. But don't expect the only variable being the kernel for those numbers. All i wanted to say is the kernel is fine, people's setups ie app wakelocks, network coverage, rom, gapps, etc are the problems. I limit my big cores to 2016, prime to 2649 and gpu to 499 and run lkt module on powersave. Also my setup is highly different. Which would make it harder to achieve the same numbers i posted..

Last edited:

franky_z

May 18, 2011
Yes, losfod, 8th August. But don't expect the only viriable being the kernel for those numbers. All i wanted to say is the kernel is fine, people's setups ie app wakelocks, network coverage, rom, gapps, etc are the problems. I limit my big cores to 2016, prime to 2649 and gpu to 499 and run lkt module on powersave. Also my setup is highly different. Which would make it harder to achieve the same numbers i posted..
You are right, the individual setting is important, but it would be interesting what the basical drain is on a basic phone setup to compare. I'm now on EvolutionX stock kernel and it gives me the best battery live. Unfortunately it does not support viper4android. But immensity gives me 1-2 hours less battery than stock Evox. I will test again with a clean setup.

Last edited:

Dhruv Meena

Feb 10, 2018

Edit : running losfod, 8th August build
There is no problem
I just changed the kernel to 31/7 unofficial immensity and the k20 pro runs way better
Far more battery life than that of latest build
And less heating
There is no problem in setup

I have been rooting devices for years now and I go through the dev process

Dhruv Meena

Feb 10, 2018
Yes, losfod, 8th August. But don't expect the only variable being the kernel for those numbers. All i wanted to say is the kernel is fine, people's setups ie app wakelocks, network coverage, rom, gapps, etc are the problems. I limit my big cores to 2016, prime to 2649 and gpu to 499 and run lkt module on powersave. Also my setup is highly different. Which would make it harder to achieve the same numbers i posted..
I am using evolution X Rom
With 31/7 build immensity

On my Magisk, I have Viper4android 2.7, system less Lawnchair, universal GMS doze and Vanced

The phone is new and nothing much installed

Just took some swift backup of old phone whatsapp as I use different number and didn't wanna change

The latest kernel battery drain was so huge that just in night standby, phone lost 30%
Maybe I keep my Sync always on

But this old kernel it only drops like 1%

vilinet

Aug 12, 2015

On my Magisk, I have Viper4android 2.7, system less Lawnchair, universal GMS doze and Vanced

Just took some swift backup of old phone whatsapp as I use different number and didn't wanna change

The latest kernel battery drain was so huge that just in night standby, phone lost 30%

Could you send me the link to thqt version of build please? Thanks a lot!

Carlos Nogueira

Apr 15, 2015

Where do I find this version 31/7 immensity to download? I searched and could not find

vipul333

Oct 16, 2020
Mumbai
I have used 75hz dtbo on android 10 and it's smooth.. With immensity kernel and Evo x rom. Pubg 90 fps mode is working as well but with 75 fps max
How is the latest kernel version on battery idle and game time for you? I also have EvoX 4.7, do I just flash the kernel or it needs some extra tweaking?

jebaclament

Jan 16, 2011
Chennai
The battery life is good and the idle drain is around 0.5 percent per hour. Game time is around 3 hours. You just need to install kernel and flash 75hz dtbo. That's it. If you want to enable 90 fps in pubg then you need to do additional steps.

Peter the Great

Nov 27, 2019
What happened with the author did he give any information if the project is closed? I'm curious because of the crazy year hope he's fine
He's fine, you can go to his several Telegram chats or to his GitHub, he's actively working on the kernel, and he's also working on some custom ROM's as well.

Peter the Great

Nov 27, 2019
May you please name the telegram channels? I'd like to follow them!

Many thanks
****'s República
# @UTSAVThe****'s Dev Group
# Support Chat for IMMENSiTY
CHANNEL := @****sReleases
https://t.me/****sspace

****'s Releases
CI channel for IMMENSiTY builds
https://t.me/****sreleases

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

****'s República

****'s Releases
The asterisks were placed by XDA automatically. The 4 letters are: see yoo en tee

borto91

Jun 6, 2016
****'s República

****'s Releases

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

The asterisks were placed by XDA automatically. The 4 letters are: see yoo en tee
I can't get what you are trying to say to me :D may you please PM me the channels?

Sorry and thank you

S.N.A.P

Dec 28, 2016
Which build of Immensity kernel is the most stable and good for battery? Does this kernel support Viper4Android? And how is the fingerprint unlocking speed?
Any custom kernels except stock Perf will support V4A fully
Stability and good battery, try Englezos or Not
FOD speed is relatively the same on any kernel

Saswata Chakraborty

Jan 6, 2018
City Of Joy
saswatachakraborty.wixsite.com
Any custom kernels except stock Perf will support V4A fully
Stability and good battery, try Englezos or Not
FOD speed is relatively the same on any kernel
Thank you for the response, buddy. I have flashed the latest NotKernel and kernel feels quite good. Just noticed apps opening timesl becomes a bit longer sometimes. I guess I will have to allow the kernel for a couple of days to settle down.

locki

Feb 1, 2008
I'm not really sure what I should be looking for in the title? Does this mean it will only work on AOSP Custom roms/LOS and not stock MIUI ?
Simply flash the provided zip file via TWRP over your custom ROM installation.

Question is: do you have custom ROM or not? :D

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone