[ KERNEL - AOSP] Dhollmen Espresso

Search This thread
G

GuestK00406

Does this kernel work with LOS13 or Slimrom 6.0? If not, what rom's does it work with? (Currently on CM13)

Last edited:

coolboy45

Jun 18, 2014
Thanks for the amazing work!
Hope you can continue this and update it to be suitable for Lineago 14!
My Dhollmen kernel.

Galaxy Tab 2 : Marshmallow - AOSP compatible.

Sources in Git-Hub
Credits for Kernel Team, Google, Samsung, Cyanogenmod and anyone else who has worked on it.

• Cpu boot at 1216 MHz.
  • Gpu boot at 384 MHz.
  • Undervolt.
  • Boot with 'pegasusq' as cpufreq governor.
  • Boot with 'sioplus' as block scheduler.
  • Boot with 'slub' as allocator.
  • CPU overclock selectable up to 1520 MHz.
  • GPU overclock selectable up to 512 MHz.
  • PowerVR SGX 540 kernel modules blob build [email protected]
  • Activated ZRAM with LZ4 compression
  • Tweaked Init process.
  • Android F2 File system (F2FS) support.
  • Windows NTFS support.
  • Windows CIFS support.
  • Unix/Linux NFS support.
  • Windows exFAT support.
  • ISO 9660 support.
  • Manages /etc/init.d/ and /etc/sysctl.conf.
  • Init's improvements built in kernel.
  • I think it does not need further sysctl.conf tweaks.

GENERAL NOTES:
  • Booting pegasusq because it is very soft with frequency scaling and looks as good compromise between performance and battery saving.
    Naturally, each user should choose the one that best suits your needs.
  • This kernel not use and remove, if any when it installs, /system/lib/hw/power.*.so, as they are redundants here and interfere with CPU's
    management frequency, increasing eat CPU cycles.
  • User can insert boot actions by scripts in /etc/init.d. Here, it is important to establish the order of execution starting with numbers script names,
    to run always the latter that has the largest number.

• Has been included an interface to the OC of the GPU, using "cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/gpu_frequency"' command to view current frequency.
  • Kernel will stop secundary processor when its performance is not necessary for the functioning of the tablet.
    Maybe I can tune a little more, but for now the second processor still remain stopped with low power requirement, even the first reaches 600 MHz.
  • I have further reduced the working voltage used by the Core, GPU, and CPU frequencies up to 1216 MHz.
  • I have completely replaced the memcopy & memmove functions code for memory data movement. The new code can be up to 10 times faster.
  • I have lately added several optimizations to improve performance and reduce overhead.

Download Latest releases

MARSHMALLOW VERSION CHANGELOG:

• Possibility of loading several roms.
  • Removed zram and swap.
  • Rebuild init.
  • Several changes designed to increase performance.
  • Several changes designed to reduce battery consumption.
  • Adding dynamic tiler allocation.
  • In line with Cyanogenmod at date.
  • Added the majority of previous improvements.

CHANGES OC OPTIONS BY HAND:

Code:
# GPUFREQ   -->   X  =   1 (384 MHz)   ||   0 (307 MHz)  ||  2 (512 MHz)
echo  'X'  >  /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/gpu_oc

# CPUFREQ   -->   X =  1216000 || 1008000 || 1360000 ||  1420000 || 1460000
echo  'X'  >  /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

# SCHEDULER -->  X =  row  ||  cfq  ||  sioplus
echo 'X'  > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler

# GOVERNOR -->  X =  pegasusq || interactive || ondemand || lulzactive
echo 'X'  > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

WARRANTY: You agree that this product is provided "as is" without any warranty, either expressed or implied, on its operation.
DISCLAIMER: You assumes at your SOLE RESPONSIBILITY and RISK all results produced by the "software" and/or instructions in this thread.

XDA:DevDB Information
KERNEL Dhollmen - AOSP - Espresso Tab2 , Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
tuxafgmur
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 20160516
Stable Release Date: 2016-05-16

Created 2014-06-11
Last Updated 2016-05-16

Last edited:

longnt2007

Nov 2, 2015
That´s sad! I see there is already some Android 7 built for this my device. But I won´t update to 7.0 without a overlock kernel like this one.

I've tried latest Unlegacy Android 7.1.2 build (ua_espresso-7.1.2-20170801), kernel is 3.4.113, camera still broken on my P5110 (I see cellular data also broken on P5100 devices as developer said).

I want to merge this overclock patch from Dhollmen kernel to their latest kernel (for personal use) but the github a bit messed up with 3498375935 branches of Espresso/OMAP4 kernel, and their latest commit at 3.0 kernel while 3.4 kernel branch still 3.4.112 :confused:

The good thing is total memory (in CPU-Z) is 978MB (compare to 910MB of Dhollmen kernel), so latest kernel have been merged a lot tweaks to remove unnecessary reserved memory (ion buffer, tiler 2D buffer...) :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawaiihemd

coolboy45

Jun 18, 2014
I've tried latest Unlegacy Android 7.1.2 build (ua_espresso-7.1.2-20170801), kernel is 3.4.113, camera still broken on my P5110 (I see cellular data also broken on P5100 devices as developer said).

I want to merge this overclock patch from Dhollmen kernel to their latest kernel (for personal use) but the github a bit messed up with 3498375935 branches of Espresso/OMAP4 kernel, and their latest commit at 3.0 kernel while 3.4 kernel branch still 3.4.112 :confused:

The good thing is total memory (in CPU-Z) is 978MB (compare to 910MB of Dhollmen kernel), so latest kernel have been merged a lot tweaks to remove unnecessary reserved memory (ion buffer, tiler 2D buffer...) :good:

merging this feature into the latest kernel is a good idea! I think the Voltage adjustment is also worthy to merge. Perhaps you can just open the img file and take a look into it to find some information about version. I didn´t test all the functions of 7.0 Build, actually only played it a few minutes and flashed back. Are you sure that camera and cellular data are not functional causing by the kernel of 7.0 Build?

Last edited:

Lightracer

May 28, 2016

Merging an overclock patch to Andi's anykernel could make some people happy, but I'm off topic here oops

Reactions: Hawaiihemd

shuichiakaii

Jun 7, 2017
ERROR : 7

i install aosp 6 from orion os, i clean install except internal and external and install the aosp then the kernel but twrp cant install that kernel and said ERROR : 7, i dont know whats mean, then i install the nano gapps, when i want reboot , there is a warning that i dont install any os :v, cause that i do clean install again with the internal, and install the rom and nano gapps i try the kernel but it still ERROR 7, so i reboot and there was a warning again, i dont care and click reboot, when the booting done, it was no gapps installed, my question is how i can install the kernel and why the gapps not installed? thx b4 and sorry for bad english XD

john99ap

Sep 17, 2016
i install aosp 6 from orion os, i clean install except internal and external and install the aosp then the kernel but twrp cant install that kernel and said ERROR : 7, i dont know whats mean, then i install the nano gapps, when i want reboot , there is a warning that i dont install any os :v, cause that i do clean install again with the internal, and install the rom and nano gapps i try the kernel but it still ERROR 7, so i reboot and there was a warning again, i dont care and click reboot, when the booting done, it was no gapps installed, my question is how i can install the kernel and why the gapps not installed? thx b4 and sorry for bad english XD

Error 7 means your device is not compatible with the zip you are trying to install. What's your model?

shahabkhan99

May 12, 2012
any suggestion... i want to over clock my tab 7" 3g + linage 6.01
i am facing issue of slowness & hanging
please help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My Dhollmen kernel.

Galaxy Tab 2 : Marshmallow - AOSP compatible.

Sources in Git-Hub
    Credits for Kernel Team, Google, Samsung, Cyanogenmod and anyone else who has worked on it.

• Cpu boot at 1216 MHz.
    • Gpu boot at 384 MHz.
    • Undervolt.
    • Boot with 'pegasusq' as cpufreq governor.
    • Boot with 'sioplus' as block scheduler.
    • Boot with 'slub' as allocator.
    • CPU overclock selectable up to 1520 MHz.
    • GPU overclock selectable up to 512 MHz.
    • PowerVR SGX 540 kernel modules blob build [email protected]
    • Activated ZRAM with LZ4 compression
    • Tweaked Init process.
    • Android F2 File system (F2FS) support.
    • Windows NTFS support.
    • Windows CIFS support.
    • Unix/Linux NFS support.
    • Windows exFAT support.
    • ISO 9660 support.
    • Manages /etc/init.d/ and /etc/sysctl.conf.
    • Init's improvements built in kernel.
    • I think it does not need further sysctl.conf tweaks.

GENERAL NOTES:
    • Booting pegasusq because it is very soft with frequency scaling and looks as good compromise between performance and battery saving.
      Naturally, each user should choose the one that best suits your needs.
    • This kernel not use and remove, if any when it installs, /system/lib/hw/power.*.so, as they are redundants here and interfere with CPU's
      management frequency, increasing eat CPU cycles.
    • User can insert boot actions by scripts in /etc/init.d. Here, it is important to establish the order of execution starting with numbers script names,
      to run always the latter that has the largest number.

• Has been included an interface to the OC of the GPU, using "cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/gpu_frequency"' command to view current frequency.
    • Kernel will stop secundary processor when its performance is not necessary for the functioning of the tablet.
      Maybe I can tune a little more, but for now the second processor still remain stopped with low power requirement, even the first reaches 600 MHz.
    • I have further reduced the working voltage used by the Core, GPU, and CPU frequencies up to 1216 MHz.
    • I have completely replaced the memcopy & memmove functions code for memory data movement. The new code can be up to 10 times faster.
    • I have lately added several optimizations to improve performance and reduce overhead.

Download Latest releases

MARSHMALLOW VERSION CHANGELOG:

• Possibility of loading several roms.
    • Removed zram and swap.
    • Rebuild init.
    • Several changes designed to increase performance.
    • Several changes designed to reduce battery consumption.
    • Adding dynamic tiler allocation.
    • In line with Cyanogenmod at date.
    • Added the majority of previous improvements.

CHANGES OC OPTIONS BY HAND:

Code:
    # GPUFREQ   -->   X  =   1 (384 MHz)   ||   0 (307 MHz)  ||  2 (512 MHz)
    echo  'X'  >  /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/gpu_oc

# CPUFREQ   -->   X =  1216000 || 1008000 || 1360000 ||  1420000 || 1460000
    echo  'X'  >  /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

# SCHEDULER -->  X =  row  ||  cfq  ||  sioplus
    echo 'X'  > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler

# GOVERNOR -->  X =  pegasusq || interactive || ondemand || lulzactive
    echo 'X'  > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

WARRANTY: You agree that this product is provided "as is" without any warranty, either expressed or implied, on its operation.
    DISCLAIMER: You assumes at your SOLE RESPONSIBILITY and RISK all results produced by the "software" and/or instructions in this thread.

XDA:DevDB Information
    KERNEL Dhollmen - AOSP - Espresso Tab2 , Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
    tuxafgmur
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 20160516
    Stable Release Date: 2016-05-16

Created 2014-06-11
    Last Updated 2016-05-16
    @tuxafgmur can you tell how you fixed it?

Allow me a brief summary:

At the time, I updated my kernel version to 3.0.39 because needed to include some header files (. h )
    that were inconsistent in level version 3.0.31. Perhaps, that caused an escalation of versions to 3.0.101 in another kernels

At change to KK I also upgraded to version 3.0.101 since users, sometimes, think that the latter is always more and better.
    But, really the kernel is, in effect, almost the same and this version's update adds little value to our tablets.

When you changed the proprietary libraries I had to adapt it to be compatible, until I realized that was the wrong change.
    Then I uploaded my first patch.
    Later I got another patch, that incorporates my Rom, to improve the effectiveness of the Wi-Fi when tablet asleep.
    After that, I noticed that your Roms does not use this mechanism and, therefore, do not need this patch.

When despite all these settings, @nachordez confirmed that continued problems I decided to tackle the work
    from another point of view: if it not was the Rom had to be the kernel.
    So, send for my last JB-3.0.39 and he checks that indeed this kernel the problem disappeared.

Next, I got the patch between the two versions, which has more than 323,000 lines and studied, but without success.

So I decided to take my last version 3.0.39 and upload again to 3.0.101, but only what is necessary and essential.

Amid the work, I noticed two details that were significant to me and so I finally got the TEST_1 which is March 8 version
    with minor modifications and TEST_2, my new kernel, that seems working properly .

I'm preparing the unification of the two branches to my Git and I will upload the work.

I have to apologize to all my users, that sometimes I forget that it is always first quality and then quantity. :angel:
    New version uploaded

I am pleased to present the latest revision of this kernel.

As before, take this opportunity to thank you all for your confidence in my work.

:good:
    New version

As before, I am pleased to inform you of the availability of a new and advanced version of DhollmenCM kernel.

Thank you very much for your confidence in my work :good:
    New maintenance release 2014 03 04 available to download

:good: