• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL][AOSP][GT-I9195/9190][BLN] Vikinger

Search This thread

junkyde

May 26, 2011
Welcome to my first Android-Project :)

This kernel is based on CyanogenMod kernel by arco68.

Features:
- BLN Support

Requirements:
1. A GT-I9195 or GT-I9190
2. CyanogenMod 10.2 or 11.0 or any rom based on that.

Feature-Requirements:
1. BLN App by "neldar" from the Play Store. You can download the Free-Version or buy the Pro-Version with additional functionality.

How to install:
1. Flash Kernel.zip with CWM (Video)

Attention:
I don't take the responsibility for anything. Flash on own risk! Always make a Nandroid-Backup before flashing!

Download
CyanogenMod 11.0 Versions: BLN is already integrated into CM11, so there is no need to flash this outdated kernel!
GT-I9195 Mirror
GT-I9190 Mirror

CyanogenMod 10.2 Versions:
GT-I9195 Mirror
GT-I9190 Mirror

Known Bugs:
- If you activate bln in the bln app and the bln test doesn't work, you have to close the app with the backbutton and start it again. Then pushing the test field and turning off your display should trigger the touchkey lights.

Battery Drain:
I activated bln and let the touchkeys light up for a whole hour and I lost 1% battery at this time. On the same scenario with the app NoLED, my loss was 4%. I also monitored the cpu with cpu spy and found out that while the NoLED notification was ongoing, my device never entered deepsleep. It was stuck on 384mhz the whole time, while with bln it was in deepsleep. Please notice that blinking consumes more energy than static backlight!

Remark:
This is my first android-project! So please be leniently with me, as I can't fulfill all your wishes in further development.
Anyway, I wish you fun with this kernel and please report in this thread about bugs etc...
Huge thanks goes out to proxuser! This wouldn't be possible without his tutorials on how to built kernel and carbon rom for the s4 mini.
And of course to arco68 who made the base for s4 mini development.

Credits:
- arco68 (for base kernel and cyanogenmod)
- proxuser (for his tutorial on how to build kernel)
- neldar (for his bln-mod)
- Christopher83 (for linaro optimized toolchain)
- ktoonsez (for build scripts)
- cyanogenmod team
- xda community
- android-hilfe community

Source: https://github.com/junkyde/vikinger

Last edited:

mav744

Jan 21, 2012
Leverkusen
Ahh, there it is. will test it, like i promised it ;)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9195 mit CM 10.2

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

can you upload the Kernel to another hoster? with my Phone i can Not download from uploaded

mav744

Jan 21, 2012
Leverkusen
So far it works very well, Not so much notifications at the Moment, but the few i have the touch Keys notify me

zetcamp

Mar 11, 2009
Trying to flash. Seems that BLN is working fine (set blinking for missed calls for ex.). Nice work, mate!

BushTechy

Oct 24, 2013

So far, I have only built the version for the GT-I9195 (serranoltexx) variant of the s4 mini, so don't flash it on other device

Could you build this kernel for the GT-I9190 3g variant aswell please.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using xda app-developers app

junkyde

May 26, 2011
Seems that BLN is working fine (set blinking for missed calls for ex.). Nice work, mate!
Thanks. I have only tested BLN with the lights as always on, because I can see them better then and it drains less battery! But glad to hear that blinking is working also.

if you push your sources..
I will. Just need to figure out some more stuff with github etc... I am not so familiar with linux^^

Could you build this kernel for the GT-I9190 3g variant aswell please.
I will try, but you guys have to test, because I don't own a GT-I9190.

Reactions: BushTechy

radicspeter

Mar 29, 2011
In the newest carbon rom it's doesnt work here...
But bln app is active...

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én GT-I9195-el

Reactions: junkyde

Blulmn

Aug 17, 2010
Hey dude, thanks for the kernel but it's not working in the latest cm nightly for me.

Should I install the official?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383648214163.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383648214163.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 338
Reactions: cready162

Darktitor

May 31, 2012
Great to see BLN for our device :D

Envoyé de mon GT-I9195 en utilisant Tapatalk

mav744

Jan 21, 2012
Leverkusen
tested it on the newest nightly and it works like a charm

a2enu9y6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: junkyde

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This kernel is based on CyanogenMod kernel by arco68.

Features:
    - BLN Support

Requirements:
    1. A GT-I9195 or GT-I9190
    2. CyanogenMod 10.2 or 11.0 or any rom based on that.

Feature-Requirements:
    1. BLN App by "neldar" from the Play Store. You can download the Free-Version or buy the Pro-Version with additional functionality.

How to install:
    1. Flash Kernel.zip with CWM (Video)

Attention:
    I don't take the responsibility for anything. Flash on own risk! Always make a Nandroid-Backup before flashing!

Download
    CyanogenMod 11.0 Versions: BLN is already integrated into CM11, so there is no need to flash this outdated kernel!
    GT-I9195 Mirror
    GT-I9190 Mirror

CyanogenMod 10.2 Versions:
    GT-I9195 Mirror
    GT-I9190 Mirror

Known Bugs:
    - If you activate bln in the bln app and the bln test doesn't work, you have to close the app with the backbutton and start it again. Then pushing the test field and turning off your display should trigger the touchkey lights.

Battery Drain:
    I activated bln and let the touchkeys light up for a whole hour and I lost 1% battery at this time. On the same scenario with the app NoLED, my loss was 4%. I also monitored the cpu with cpu spy and found out that while the NoLED notification was ongoing, my device never entered deepsleep. It was stuck on 384mhz the whole time, while with bln it was in deepsleep. Please notice that blinking consumes more energy than static backlight!

Remark:
    This is my first android-project! So please be leniently with me, as I can't fulfill all your wishes in further development.
    Anyway, I wish you fun with this kernel and please report in this thread about bugs etc...
    Huge thanks goes out to proxuser! This wouldn't be possible without his tutorials on how to built kernel and carbon rom for the s4 mini.
    And of course to arco68 who made the base for s4 mini development.

Credits:
    - arco68 (for base kernel and cyanogenmod)
    - proxuser (for his tutorial on how to build kernel)
    - neldar (for his bln-mod)
    - Christopher83 (for linaro optimized toolchain)
    - ktoonsez (for build scripts)
    - cyanogenmod team
    - xda community
    - android-hilfe community

Source: https://github.com/junkyde/vikinger
    new version is up. added/merged some changes from the cm source.

In case you are using older CM 10.2 release like I was (Snapshot), you have to update to latest nightly or wifi will not work with new kernel version.
    CyanogenMod 11.0 versions online!
    new version is up. added/merged some changes from the cm source.
    the last changes made on cm kernel are from 29.11
    my version (30.11) includes them.