• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL][AOSP] mk2000 Kernel [v0.6]

Search This thread

askermk2000

Jul 9, 2015
Moto G
LG G5
Ah thanks I will take a look at that branch. I just found this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/gcc-toolchain-eva-gcc-calling-all-kernel-devs.4221409/ and about to try it out

I tried that about a month ago. It didn't work for building linux kernel, the reason is gcc 12 is not capable of making a bootable kernel at this point.
It's still about 6 months until release so not unexpected with some bugs.

I would recommend these:
arm64
arm32

^recent gcc toolchains optimized by Arm for their architecture.

Last edited:
Reactions: VortexHD

VortexHD

I tried that about a month ago. It didn't work for building linux kernel, the reason is gcc 12 is not capable of making a bootable kernel at this point.
It's still about 6 months until release so not unexpected with some bugs.

I would recommend these:
arm64
arm32

^recent gcc toolchains optimized by Arm for their architecture.
oh right that's good to know I won't try that then!
I will try the ones you mentioned and I guess if that dosen't work I will try patching clang to work

VortexHD

Dang, those links i gave are wrong. you need these: "x86_64 Linux hosted cross compilers"
arm64
arm32

Edit: Updated previous post with correct links
Ok so I have unzipped those in these directorys:
prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/aarch64/gcc-arm-10.3-2021.07-x86_64-aarch64-none-elf
prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/gcc-arm-10.3-2021.07-x86_64-arm-none-eabi

Is this the correct command to use them? make bacon CROSS_COMPILE=prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/aarch64/gcc-arm-10.3-2021.07-x86_64-aarch64-none-elf/bin/aarch64-none-elf-

askermk2000

Jul 9, 2015
Moto G
LG G5
Well you are using android build system, idk about that. Seem that brings all sorts of troubles, maybe it tries to use that Android.mk file in the rootdir...
You should ask @Stealth1226 he built it just a while ago.

nvm about androidkernel.mk, it's the same as lineage one.

askermk2000

Jul 9, 2015
Moto G
LG G5
Why do you want to build like that anyway, because you want to eventually use my kernel as standard?

I am going to do some experiments myself with that later. But so far I have no experience in the matter so I can't help.

VortexHD

It booted! So this was built with the gcc version that askermk2000 is using.
I'm going to try with evaGCC again just because its easier to include the repository in the dependencies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211023-154144_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211023-154144_Settings.png
    205.7 KB · Views: 30

askermk2000

Jul 9, 2015
Moto G
LG G5
It booted! So this was built with the gcc version that askermk2000 is using.
I'm going to try with evaGCC again just because its easier to include the repository in the dependencies.

You can also add CONFIG_LTO=y to your config to enable LTO. Then your kernel should be pretty much the same as the ones I build.
I enable it through the build script so it's not normally enabled.

Edit: CONFIG_COMPAT_VDSO=y you need to set (also set in build script normally), then you need to specify 32bit cross compiler.
I think it's CROSS_COMPILE_ARM32=

Last edited:

askermk2000

Jul 9, 2015
Moto G
LG G5
I guess I should update my repository to use LTO and COMPAT_VDSO by default then. Might as well, I always use that anyway.
Put a note in the readme for those that build themselves.

Kloosek

You probably don't have this phone anymore. I'm quoting you to put some light on the issue here.

I don't know much about userspace stuff, but I assume this has to do with how the audio is configured there. Sockets or whatever it's called,
my kernel maybe the names of a few routed differently.
Yes, you are correct that I no longer have that phone. I remember it fondly, but it was time for a change ;-)
I wish you a successful further work on new kernel versions.

Reactions: askermk2000

askermk2000

Jul 9, 2015
Moto G
LG G5
Anyone else having the fingerprint sensor becoming unresponsive every now and then?
Sometimes after long sleep fingerprint no longer reacts without first turning on the screen.

I'm not sure if it's just my kernel or what.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ty again boss i will be testing ur builds in real time...battery life is outstanding with 0.6 based on my game playing last night my battery was at 80% & i played 3 different games which one of them is battery hungry (mythic heroes) for 2 hours or more & when i checked back it was at 30% (usually on other kernels battery start signal low) altough i still cant check cpu frequency or activity in kernel manager but you did an amazing job on this one
    Hi, is BPF included in this kernel? We are going to need it for a12.
    There are several related configs. But I think I'm basically the same as Lineage in that regard.
    Is it as easy as just enabling BPF though, on 3.18 ? I've heard that 3.18 isn't compatible, but IDK personally.

Edit: So I checked with a friend, and yes seems 3.18 is not gonna work. We are working on a 4.4 kernel though.
    ok both tested:
    0.6 booted normally
    0.7 beta 1 caused bootloop
    This is a kernel rebuilt from scratch. Based on the latest LG source code, and LA.UM.6.5.r1-04300-8x96.0 (with manual updates).
    It aims to fix possible strange bugs caused by older LG code in stock LOS kernel, and to make things clear and tidy.

It brings in most of the patches from the stock mk2000 kernel.

Right now it's in early development. Currently, LOS itself is in development, so naturally various issues may be encountered.

NOTE:
    These zips doesn't touch system (no modules, all built in).
    If you backup the boot partition before installing, then restoring that will return you to the exact state you where in before.

Download:
    V0.6 - Androidfilehost
    V0.7 Beta1 - Androidfilehost

XDA:DevDB Information
    mk2000 Kernel, Kernel for the LG G5

Contributors
    askermk2000
    Source Code: https://github.com/stendro/msm8996_lge_kernel/commits/mk2000-custom

Kernel Special Features:

* Linux 3.18.140
    * KCal
    * WireGuard
    * Wakelock blocker
    * Underclock CPU, undervolt CPU + GPU
    * Regular usb charging 500mAh++ toggle
    * Much porting, patching, etc
    * Improved speed and efficiency
    * Compiled with latest Linaro/Arm 10.3 self-built from source
    * LTO, link time optimization - better optimization by compiler

Version Information
    Testing
    Current Beta Version: 0.7
    Beta Release Date: 2021-11-22

Created 2019-07-23
    Last Updated 2021-11-22
    Hello
    just a small update.

Unfortunately something unexpected has come up, I'll have to move, so that will further delay my getting back into this.
    Sorry to those who where hoping for an update soon, it will not be until late october at best.
    Just tested and its not working 🙁

I'll look into it.

Soon I'll post beta builds. Thanks to Stealth1226 who discovered AP wasn't working. It is now fixed, an hotspot icon will now magically appear also in the hotbar.

nvm that about icon, lol - a mistake on my part. I thought it was not available on stock lighthouse.
    Hello there

So after 2 years I decided to get back into it. Also helped by the fact that my stock rom had some kind of breakdown - enough already with the slowness and old android feeling!
    To my pleasant surprise the custom G5 scene has improved since last I was active. First rom I installed was Lighthouse and I see no need to look elsewhere.

The newest build is v0.4-beta6 - it's attached in OP (that AFH #%&¤# still can't upload after 2 years).
    I'll be uploading beta7 instead shortly.

Summary of my kernel:
    Fully upstreamed to 3.18.140
    Many recent CAF and Google patches
    Patches from SultanXDA/Kerneltoast, tytydraco, kdrag0n, nathanchance etc...
    Meticulous "weeding out" merge errors in original CAF source (most of which I found in ahmedradaideh's github)

Source

Suggestion for supplying logs: SysLog, I got it from F-droid store, maybe in play store idk.
    New builds up

Changes:
    * WireGuard
    * Disabled something possibly causing issue with sound
    * Simple Low Memory Killer (by sultanxda, replacement for default android lmk)

I have not tested this build myself.

NOTE: Still requires ADB disabled, as I've not attempted to address this just yet.