[Kernel][AOSP] Tiamat 4.1.0 | 2.6.38.8 | 10/12/2011

Search This thread

Cayniarb

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 6, 2010
NOVA

AOSP Kernels for HTC's 8x50, 7x30, and 8x60 Devices
Also available for the Motorola Xoom​
Tiamat kernels are designed for use on all ROMs that are built from the AOSP source code. This includes ROMs built from MIUI, CyanogenMod, and others.
Tiamat receives no support for use with ROMs based on HTC's Sense - use at your own risk.
Tiamat Kernels

You can find full details about Tiamat Kernels at our website. The site is up and running and serves as a more centralized location to get updates, downloads, and changelogs for all Tiamat Kernels. There is no forum or Registration, it’s just a more convenient way to keep things organized as we work to add support for more devices.​
Support
Join the Tiamat Kernel developers on IRC at irc.freenode.net, #tiamat. Support and questions are generally handled faster there than the forums. You can easily join via webchat here.​
Special Thanks to:
toastcfh, slayher and the CyanogenMod team for the base kernels and everything else they do for the Android community
bcnice20 for generally being awesome
TeamWin for also generally being awesome
netarchy, chad0989, cuviper, and invisiblek for some great code
intersectRaven and redstar3894 for the Mjolnir compiler
JasonK75 for updating threads​

Last edited:

morph3k

Sep 6, 2010
Jonesboro
Our site is up.

tiamat-aosp.com

Check it out and give us feedback guys.

Also, join us on irc!

irc.freenode.net
channel - #tiamat

Userbars: -- thanks to -viperboy-

Founder
tiamat_founder.png

Staff
tiamat_staff.png

Contributor
tiamat_contributor.png

Tester
tiamat_tester.png

User
tiamat_user.png

Last edited:
Reactions: dmbtimmyb21

Atlas.rouge

Sep 2, 2010
Alexandria
Downloading this now to try out; I assume that you included both Evervolv's and r2doesInc's GB ROMs in your statement of "all current GB ROMs"? That'd be great, because I swear that Invisiblek's kernel, fast and fluid as it is, is causing some majorly excessive overheating in my phone. I'd prefer that my phone break down...well, never, but if it did, closer to my contract upgrade date. lol hoping yours puts out less heat (and I'm only running the main profile at 1.1GHz, so it's not even that much over the stock).

morph3k

Sep 6, 2010
Jonesboro
Question: What exactly is HAVS and what is this undervolted to? And I don't know how to test USB tethering, sorry. Also I am running Cyanogen 6.1

I have installed this and ran a quadrant score and linpack test that I will post a screenshot of. I overclocked to 1.15 w/ smartass governor as default:

qaEa5.png
crry6.png

Last edited:

dccoh

Jul 8, 2010
Grand Rapids
This is the second iteration of my kernel, but it is the first time I'm posting it on XDA. You can find the post for the first version on the miui-dev forums here.

So far no problems with the kernel.

Does your kernel offer any built in screen off profiles when using the Smartass governor? Some kernels with smartass usually do a min-max screen off profile of 245.

Just checking, in case I have to make a screen off profile in setcpu.

morph3k

Sep 6, 2010
Jonesboro

Does your kernel offer any built in screen off profiles when using the Smartass governor? Some kernels with smartass usually do a min-max screen off profile of 245.

Second this, i'd like to know about all of this too.

Cayniarb

Jun 6, 2010
NOVA

Screen off on smartass sets to 128/384 min/max.

Cayniarb

Jun 6, 2010
NOVA
Question: What exactly is HAVS and what is this undervolted to? And I don't know how to test USB tethering, sorry. Also I am running Cyanogen 6.1

I have installed this and ran a quadrant score and linpack test that I will post a screenshot of. I overclocked to 1.15 w/ smartass governor as default:

qaEa5.png
crry6.png
I've seen quadrant scores in the mid 1500's with this kernel. The linpack app always gives kind of low scores since it was updated. With 0xBench, I've seen linpack scores in the 41's.

HAVS is hybrid active voltage scheduling. It allows the CPU to dynamically change the voltage at each frequency (speed) based on need. The ultimate result is better battery life.

This kernel will undervolt as far as 925 mV at lower frequencies. That is a fairly aggressive level and honestly, it may need to be raised a bit. On the other hand, I'm coming from the Evo which is a bit more power hungry (a lot of Evo's can't boot with that low of an undervolt, but my Incredible has not had any issues with it).

Reactions: dmbtimmyb21

dccoh

Jul 8, 2010
Grand Rapids
Screen off on smartass sets to 128/384 min/max.

Thank you for the quick response. Is there a specific reason for the 384 max?

My phone seems to handle the kernel fine, despite it being heavily undervolted. Having it undervolted, yet having a 384 max screen off probably balance out, so im not complaining. I'll continue to test it and see how battery life goes. Thanks again for the kernel.

Happy Holidays!

dc

morph3k

Sep 6, 2010
Jonesboro
I've seen quadrant scores in the mid 1500's with this kernel. The linpack app always gives kind of low scores since it was updated. With 0xBench, I've seen linpack scores in the 41's.

HAVS is hybrid active voltage scheduling. It allows the CPU to dynamically change the voltage at each frequency (speed) based on need. The ultimate result is better battery life.

This kernel will undervolt as far as 925 mV at lower frequencies. That is a fairly aggressive level and honestly, it may need to be raised a bit. On the other hand, I'm coming from the Evo which is a bit more power hungry (a lot of Evo's can't boot with that low of an undervolt, but my Incredible has not had any issues with it).

I was not trying to say your kernel was bad, in fact 1400's is great for me. I am enjoying your kernel a lot. I just thought you would like some feedback and those 2 things were some quick feedback i thought I could give ya.

I am liking the aosp explosion as of late.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Me too. Very nice to see new AOSP ROM's and especially some AOSP Kernel's. Not long ago the choice for AOSP Kernels was very very limited, just kk's and ziggys I think.

Cayniarb

Jun 6, 2010
NOVA
Thank you for the quick response. Is there a specific reason for the 384 max?

My phone seems to handle the kernel fine, despite it being heavily undervolted. Having it undervolted, yet having a 384 max screen off probably balance out, so im not complaining. I'll continue to test it and see how battery life goes. Thanks again for the kernel.

Happy Holidays!

dc
I don't like to drop the screen-off max to 245. Maybe this is another hang-up coming from the Evo, but when it is that low, there can be some issues on wake-up. That said, it's a max, so unless the phone needs to clock that high while the screen is off, it wont. Also, even at that level it will still undervolt at either 925 or 950 mV.

Cayniarb

Jun 6, 2010
NOVA
I was not trying to say your kernel was bad, in fact 1400's is great for me. I am enjoying your kernel a lot. I just thought you would like some feedback and those 2 things were some quick feedback i thought I could give ya.

Me too. Very nice to see new AOSP ROM's and especially some AOSP Kernel's. Not long ago the choice for AOSP Kernels was very very limited, just kk's and ziggys I think.
I didn't think you were cutting on it, I was just saying that the numbers can go even higher. For my part, this kernel screams. It's not quite as fast as my Evo, but that can handle an OC to 1267, my Inc locks up at anything over 1113. Also, it's probably a bit easier to squeeze some extra performance out of it when cellular data is always turned off.

willhill

Aug 1, 2010
I'll give this a try. invisiblek #21 broke my touch capabilities altogether, so we'll see if this one actually works with the 10 point touch.

Edit/Update: My phone does NOT like the 10 point patch, so this kernel is another no-go for me. It figures I can overclock to 1190 but I can't do this, which in the end is probably a lot more useful.

Last edited:

Cayniarb

Jun 6, 2010
NOVA
I'll give this a try. invisiblek #21 broke my touch capabilities altogether, so we'll see if this one actually works with the 10 point touch.

Edit/Update: My phone does NOT like the 10 point patch, so this kernel is another no-go for me. It figures I can overclock to 1190 but I can't do this, which in the end is probably a lot more useful.

Not every panel is capable of the 10-point multitouch. I can recompile a version that cuts it back down to 3 and that should work for you.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

wowthatisrandom

Nov 19, 2006
St Louis
www.bbsak.org
Not every panel is capable of the 10-point multitouch. I can recompile a version that cuts it back down to 3 and that should work for you.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

thanks for the cayniarb... we miss you in the miui irc :D gonna load it up now... my panel doesnt like 10 either but why the hell do i need 10 neways... 2 is enough for me

thanks for the great work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

AOSP Kernels for HTC's 8x50, 7x30, and 8x60 Devices
    Also available for the Motorola Xoom​
    Tiamat kernels are designed for use on all ROMs that are built from the AOSP source code. This includes ROMs built from MIUI, CyanogenMod, and others.
    Tiamat receives no support for use with ROMs based on HTC's Sense - use at your own risk.
    Tiamat Kernels

You can find full details about Tiamat Kernels at our website. The site is up and running and serves as a more centralized location to get updates, downloads, and changelogs for all Tiamat Kernels. There is no forum or Registration, it’s just a more convenient way to keep things organized as we work to add support for more devices.​
    Support
    Join the Tiamat Kernel developers on IRC at irc.freenode.net, #tiamat. Support and questions are generally handled faster there than the forums. You can easily join via webchat here.​
    Special Thanks to:
    toastcfh, slayher and the CyanogenMod team for the base kernels and everything else they do for the Android community
    bcnice20 for generally being awesome
    TeamWin for also generally being awesome
    netarchy, chad0989, cuviper, and invisiblek for some great code
    intersectRaven and redstar3894 for the Mjolnir compiler
    JasonK75 for updating threads​
    3.3.5 posted in OP. Mostly more voltage tweaks. Should help battery life and not hurt people with less capable devices.
    I really am liking 3.1.4 non SBC coming from stock Slayher (usually) and incredikernel (sometimes for fast charging hehe) but I seem to get the issue with waking the phone still. Smartass 128,1113 set in CM settings. Sometimes it's 1 press, sometimes 3. Any explanation?

Batt life supreme though, uptime almost 3hrs -- @95% (bump charged)

EDIT: Took the back cover off to see if the power button was sticking, thinking this isn't the culprit.
    Try bumping your minimum to 245 - sometimes 128 gets too slow for some phones.
    Our site is up.

tiamat-aosp.com

Check it out and give us feedback guys.

Also, join us on irc!

irc.freenode.net
    channel - #tiamat

Userbars: -- thanks to -viperboy-

Founder
    tiamat_founder.png

Staff
    tiamat_staff.png

Contributor