[Kernel][AOSP] Tiamat 4.1.0 | 2.6.38.8 | 10/13/2011

Search This thread

Cayniarb

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 6, 2010
NOVA

AOSP Kernels for HTC's 8x50, 7x30, and 8x60 Devices
Also available for the Motorola Xoom​
Tiamat kernels are designed for use on all ROMs that are built from the AOSP source code. This includes ROMs built from MIUI, CyanogenMod, and others.
Tiamat receives no support for use with ROMs based on HTC's Sense - use at your own risk.
Tiamat Kernels

You can find full details about Tiamat Kernels at our website. The site is up and running and serves as a more centralized location to get updates, downloads, and changelogs for all Tiamat Kernels. There is no forum or Registration, it’s just a more convenient way to keep things organized as we work to add support for more devices.​
Support
Join the Tiamat Kernel developers on IRC at irc.freenode.net, #tiamat. Support and questions are generally handled faster there than the forums. You can easily join via webchat here.​
Special Thanks to:
toastcfh, slayher and the CyanogenMod team for the base kernels and everything else they do for the Android community
bcnice20 for generally being awesome
TeamWin for also generally being awesome
netarchy, chad0989, cuviper, and invisiblek for some great code
intersectRaven and redstar3894 for the Mjolnir compiler
JasonK75 for updating threads​
Quick Links

Last edited:

allofusjw

Jan 22, 2010
S. Jersey
Had been having some wifi issues this past week using cm7 nightly along with various kernels. Wifi was frequently dropping or just very slow. Spent most of Sunday screwing with my home network which seems stable now. I think comcast must have been doing something. however, my phone wifi was still poor. installed this kernel last night and so far phone is performing as it should on wifi. the difference was immediate. not sure whats going on. cant comment on battery life yet, but it's looking very good through this mornings use. Thank you!

Cayniarb

Jun 6, 2010
NOVA
Had been having some wifi issues this past week using cm7 nightly along with various kernels. Wifi was frequently dropping or just very slow. Spent most of Sunday screwing with my home network which seems stable now. I think comcast must have been doing something. however, my phone wifi was still poor. installed this kernel last night and so far phone is performing as it should on wifi. the difference was immediate. not sure whats going on. cant comment on battery life yet, but it's looking very good through this mornings use. Thank you!
I'm glad it's working for you, but that is strange... The only change I make to wifi from CM is undervolting it. And now that I think about it, I may have forgotten to bring that tweak over to the n1 and desire...

Cayniarb

Jun 6, 2010
NOVA
Can you summarize how your kernel differs from the others (CM, pershoot, wildmonks, redstar).
Versus the main CM kernel, this has unrestricted overclocking, HAVS, smartass, undervotling, sysfs interface and several other tweaks/improvements. I don't have a N1 and honestly dont know anything about the other kernels out there for it. The kernel started on the Inc and Evo, mostly around MIUI, and I was asked by a few people to bring it over to the N1 and Desire, so I figured I would post it up for everyone.

Reactions: Jesushasadroid

bryanchapman9999

Sep 1, 2009
Hi all,

Been running this since 0800 this morning (its now 1800) no problems at all.

Can't say its faster or better on the battery for sure but its certainly no worse than CM stock.

Whats the smartass govenor? Just the same as on demand as it seems to replace it?

Oh, just one thing, although it has the option (in SetCPU) to go down to 128mhz, I've not seen it go lower than 245mhz which makes me wonder if its clocking down to 128 with the screen off.

Anyone else?

Cayniarb

Jun 6, 2010
NOVA
Hi all,

Been running this since 0800 this morning (its now 1800) no problems at all.

Can't say its faster or better on the battery for sure but its certainly no worse than CM stock.

Whats the smartass govenor? Just the same as on demand as it seems to replace it?

Oh, just one thing, although it has the option (in SetCPU) to go down to 128mhz, I've not seen it go lower than 245mhz which makes me wonder if its clocking down to 128 with the screen off.

Anyone else?
The on demand governor was removed to force the default to smartass (the default is usually set to on demand by the ramdisk and is not affected by setting the default in the kenrel), but the two are not similar. Smartass was built off the interactive governor.

As for the 128Mhz floor - that is something finicky about the smartass governor. It should drop to 128 on any other governor though.

liem107

Oct 28, 2007
what about the wonk?

From what I gather the wonk is due to something in CM7 kernel. I also noticed that it is absent from stock 2.3.3 and also absent from AOSP builds.
Has anyone tried CM7 with this kernel?

overground

Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Recognized Dev
After about 18 hrs on this kernel, the results are pleasing.
Extremely stable on the Smartass Governor, which is surprising because I've had friends compile me kernels incorporating this governor, and the end result = unusable.

Battery life seems fantastic so far.

Clocked 128-998. No profiles.

Thank you again for this kernel. :)

atomb

Apr 16, 2010
Denver
Results on N1

I have been running this kernel for 24hrs at 128/1228 and it's been running great with smartass selected on my AT&T N1. I tried going even higher than 1228 but that causes it to crash immediately (I'm surprised it can even handle 1228.) Linpack is a little low at 23 compared to other kernels that can get up to 40. Quadrant also comes up behind at only 1051.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    reserved for later

AOSP Kernels for HTC's 8x50, 7x30, and 8x60 Devices
    Also available for the Motorola Xoom​
    Tiamat kernels are designed for use on all ROMs that are built from the AOSP source code. This includes ROMs built from MIUI, CyanogenMod, and others.
    Tiamat receives no support for use with ROMs based on HTC's Sense - use at your own risk.
    Tiamat Kernels

You can find full details about Tiamat Kernels at our website. The site is up and running and serves as a more centralized location to get updates, downloads, and changelogs for all Tiamat Kernels. There is no forum or Registration, it’s just a more convenient way to keep things organized as we work to add support for more devices.​
    Support
    Join the Tiamat Kernel developers on IRC at irc.freenode.net, #tiamat. Support and questions are generally handled faster there than the forums. You can easily join via webchat here.​
    Special Thanks to:
    toastcfh, slayher and the CyanogenMod team for the base kernels and everything else they do for the Android community
    bcnice20 for generally being awesome
    TeamWin for also generally being awesome
    netarchy, chad0989, cuviper, and invisiblek for some great code
    intersectRaven and redstar3894 for the Mjolnir compiler
    JasonK75 for updating threads​
    Quick Links
    This kernel has been around for the Inc and the Evo. Now I'm bringing it to the N1 and the Desire!!
    Can you summarize how your kernel differs from the others (CM, pershoot, wildmonks, redstar).
    Versus the main CM kernel, this has unrestricted overclocking, HAVS, smartass, undervotling, sysfs interface and several other tweaks/improvements. I don't have a N1 and honestly dont know anything about the other kernels out there for it. The kernel started on the Inc and Evo, mostly around MIUI, and I was asked by a few people to bring it over to the N1 and Desire, so I figured I would post it up for everyone.
    1. no, that is not normal, but without a logcat or last_kmsg, I really can't tell you any more than that.
    2. I have noticed some undesirable peculiarities in the Smartass governor. If this issue persists, I would recommended using a different governor.
    3. benchmarks are in no way an indication that something 'works better.' that is really more of a preference question -- redstar's kernel may very well work better for you on your N1, but I would have no way of judging that.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone