[Kernel][Apr 26] Perseus

Search This thread

xKrisx

Jan 27, 2011
You're asking me why you're getting worse battery on the stock kernel over mine or what? Well maybe because it doesn't have most of the battery improving features...?

Also don't run any governor besides Pegasus on the stock kernel, you're basically breaking your phone's scaling if you run ondemand or any of the others.

Ok sir, first off I was not coming here to cause you any distress. I apologize my post was not clear enough for you to understand what I ment.

I had no problems with your kernel bug wise or battery wise. It just didnt work for me. I was just commenting on the fact that since I went back to stock my battery life took a drastic hit. Compared to before I went to your kernel. In other words, stock now isnt performing like stock before was. I also commented on the fact that the Governors and Schedulers are different then they were before flashing perseus kernel. Its almost as if your Kernel left a little behind. Again this isn't directed as a "Your kernel broke my phone" post. I was just inquiring if there is way to completely revert back.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

mxl180

Nov 2, 2008
I've been getting it as well.
The tweaks for the profiles were based on the guys settings (for his phone).
I got a random reboot today without using the profiles on perseus kernel.

Been having reboots and hard locks with this kernel with the profiles installed. I guess my cpu cant handle them .

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I've too been getting random reboots when GPU overclocked. I've set it to stock mhz and raised the voltage closer to stock, two days so far without reboot.

twe90kid

Jan 20, 2008
Main thread for this kernel got deleted. Wondering if the development is still on or discontinued

chevbowtie22

Feb 19, 2012
I may have missed this in this thread or the main one but is anyone else having issues with mhl connectivity? Namely the audio output? The phone is registering the fact that an HDMI is connected but I'm not getting any audio output. The only change I made to the audio portion of Stweaks is setting the eq preset to flat. Any help would be great since this set up is the soul source of audio in my car.

sleshepic

Recognized Themer
Oct 18, 2011
PA
Ok sir, first off I was not coming here to cause you any distress. I apologize my post was not clear enough for you to understand what I ment.

I had no problems with your kernel bug wise or battery wise. It just didnt work for me. I was just commenting on the fact that since I went back to stock my battery life took a drastic hit. Compared to before I went to your kernel. In other words, stock now isnt performing like stock before was. I also commented on the fact that the Governors and Schedulers are different then they were before flashing perseus kernel. Its almost as if your Kernel left a little behind. Again this isn't directed as a "Your kernel broke my phone" post. I was just inquiring if there is way to completely revert back.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

His kernel didnt "leave anything behind", those are governors in stock. And if you flashed back to stock properly, then your on stock and shouldnt debug according to what Isn't on your phone anymore.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Flak

Feb 18, 2006
Is there some sort of archive for your kernels? I'm also having odd issues with 29.1 and deleted the other kernels already.

davidstjohn1

May 15, 2009
I want to try this kernel and I have a couple questions I have the Sprint version of the Galaxy Note 2. My question is I like this because it has color modifications and screen sharpness modifications. Is there a way to adjust them with trickster mod.???

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

dtruong23

May 19, 2010
My LED light doesn't turn on when I plug in the charger on the newest version of the kernel. Anyone else have this problem?

D

D2dyno

My LED light doesn't turn on when I plug in the charger on the newest version of the kernel. Anyone else have this problem?

Just to verify, when you are charging your phone, you don't have the following:
-a notification, such as an email or text message.
-your screen is off.
-you don't have an application, such as a video game running.

dtruong23

May 19, 2010
Just to verify, when you are charging your phone, you don't have the following:
-a notification, such as an email or text message.
-your screen is off.
-you don't have an application, such as a video game running.

Correct. Screen off, no notifications and no apps running. I will try flashing again after new download and report back.

Update: just reflashed the kernel and still no LED. On the previous version it was working. Anyways thanks for the awesome kernel.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a direct port of my kernel on the international I9300 Galaxy S3 and sidekick to the international N7100/5 Note 2 kernels.

Recap of features:
    • CPU overclocking up to 1.8GHz and undervolting from 600mV to 1400mV.
    • GPU overclocking and undervolting.
    • GPU scaling reworked.
    • Screen sharpness and colour modifications.
    • Extended Pegasusq and improved Performance governors.
    • Removed Touch Booster and replaced with custom Flexrate mechanic.
    • Improved scheduler power management for improved idle residencies on auxiliary CPUs.
    • USB charging rate limit increased to 900mA.
    • Application for control of various settings.

This is supposed to be merely a proxy thread. Please refer to the N7100/5 thread for full changelogs, explanations, bug-reports and other issues. Kernel for specific device versions will be posted here.

This kernel is for the North American Sprint variant SPH-L900. Versions for other variants are found in their respective forums.
    Re: [Kernel][Jan 31] Perseus

Hello, this is OP chiming in.
    Yeah, not sure what happened there, but figured you should get a legit answer to a legit question. For reference 32.1 IS based on ma5
    You're an idiot. Several people corrected you and you're still trying to convey something completely false as a hard fact.

No, the kernel is not based on any firmware.

And for a bit of education: Complied kernels are based on source code. In the case of Samsung that may mean a specific firmware from which the source drop may have originated from. However for me and for this kernel that is false since I haven't used a pure source drop in 4+ months, and the current kernel is a conglomeration of S3, N2 and Note 10.1 sources.

And, as somebody else mentioned already, Samsung kernels are ROM agnostic. Unless there are big changes in the kernel APIs, which happen once in a while on major versions of Android and ROM build. And this also answers people's question "will this run on XXYZ?", yes it will. (Except AOSP)
    Thanks for your work on this and allowing me to test! We really appreciate it! And this kernel runs really well!!
    Thread cleaned
    We all need to respect the developer and his wishes
    Please make all posts respectful and on-topic
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    Updated. Please read the changelog in the main thread.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone