[KERNEL] [April 4] OnePlus 7 Pro ElementalX 3.03

Search This thread

ninjæon

Jan 7, 2009
OnePlus 7 Pro
I can't see control Vibration strength on OnePlus 7 (Non-Pro) - Android 10 using OP7-2.17 (latest).

Am I missing anything?
I'm on OP7 Pro with OOS Android 11 and ElementalX-OP7-3.02. Vibration strength is in miscellaneous section of EXKM for me:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210504-005743.jpg
    Screenshot_20210504-005743.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 96

Bxperiaz3

May 19, 2015
I have a oneplus 7 pro with latest android 10. Hoping to flash this kernel using the manager app. Does the vibration strength work?

Also if I back up my current kernel within the app can I just restore it within the app when I want to revert to stock?

Lastly does installing the kernel affect anything else, ie I won't need to reflash magisk or anything after I install?

Thanks

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
I have a oneplus 7 pro with latest android 10. Hoping to flash this kernel using the manager app. Does the vibration strength work?

Also if I back up my current kernel within the app can I just restore it within the app when I want to revert to stock?

Lastly does installing the kernel affect anything else, ie I won't need to reflash magisk or anything after I install?

Thanks
There is a vibration setting on the 7 Pro.

You can backup and restore kernels with EX Kernel Manager, it's very easy

You don't need to reflash Magisk after installing or restoring a backup.

Reactions: EVOLw

tURkOsANsE

Jun 16, 2016
España
Hello, thanks for your work, I wanted to know if Elemental X is a paid kernel? It can only be obtained by paying the EXKM App, no ?. Greetings.

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
The kernel is updated frequently and the latest kernels are always available through EXKM. You can also use the app to control all the settings, backup and restore kernels, etc.

Last edited:

jerryhou85

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Dear all,
I have removed some off topic posts from this thread. A few things to note:

1. Take note that it is not respectful to promote another app/ROM in a development thread, like we do not stand inside McDonald's to tell people KFC or Burger King is much better (I know this is not a good example, but you got the point :p).
2. Try to gain first hand information from the developers themselves. We have a flood of information these days and sometimes it confuses us. No more "FAKE NEWS". :)
3. Whenever you post your findings or comments, be civil. You treat others the way you want to be treated.
4. When you see a rule violating post, do not fight with it, report it to moderator team. We are here to help. and boost our KPI

Thank you for reading this and hope you continue to have fun here. If no fun, please let us know as well...

Jerry
Forum Moderator

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Significant update to EX Kernel Manager version 5.70. Now you can choose a directory for kernel downloads and backups. This will make it a lot easier to access your kernel backups and kernel downloads.

This required a lot of refactoring and new code, so let me know if there are problems.

Also, please check out my new app, it's the ultimate apk tool, app manager and backup solution. You can tag and backup your apps, including data. It can install, analyze and extract split APKs, XAPK, APKM, etc. It will show you the most detailed info about any app or apk, including the full manifest.

Do
Already replied by email, but want to let others know the kernel is meant for the stock ROM.
Are there any chances that your infamous ElementalX Kernel with support custom ROMs in the near future? That would be Killa! Either way keep up the great work. I for one am excited to see what your work has in store for the not so distant future

ninjæon

Jan 7, 2009
OnePlus 7 Pro
There are already custom kernels for custom ROM's for this device in the "OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, 7T, 7T Pro Cross Device Kernel Development" forum section on XDA: https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/oneplus-7-7-pro-7t-7t-pro-cross-device-kernel-d.9659/

That said, when I was still on OOS, ElementalX was a solid kernel for me. I since had to leave OOS due to OnePlus's security updates schedule, lack of updates to their kernel source github, and most importantly the device-breaking bugs I encountered after OTA updates on OOS11 (clean installs were fine...). flar2 had earlier in this thread expressed his displeasure with OnePlus regarding their approach to updates.

Last edited:

soh3l

Mar 15, 2014
Can flash v 2.17 on my op7
OOS 10.3.8 (A10)
Running Kernel ElementalX 2.11

Waiting for rep pls....

Thanks

soh3l

Mar 15, 2014
I cant set my minimum brightness
Although kernel features shows this.