[KERNEL] [April 4] OnePlus 7 Pro ElementalX 3.03

Search This thread

mrlb

Sep 2, 2005
Newcastle
I'm a bit confused. Does ElementalX 3.0.2 work with OP 7T on stock OOS11?
I see it's available within the app and it looks as though it flashes successfully but does not boot with it.
From reading the forums here I cannot tell if it's supported or not.

mj084

Sep 26, 2008
Berlin
@mrlb

Using it with OOS11 on OP 7T and it's working fine...

@flar2

Using latest ElementalX 3.0.2 with OP7T and OOS11 with EX Kernel Manager - but after every reboot my blocked wakelocks are allowed again - missed I something?

mj084

Sep 26, 2008
Berlin
Disable advanced battery optimization and try it
You mean the battery optimization from android itself?

But yes, AFAIR I've disabled the battery optimization for EX Kernel Manager via android settings - trying it now with "Intelligent control" and it seems to work - will check it again;)

Thx for reply :)

Kleinblaar

Feb 18, 2014
Hi @flar2

Where can I get the kernel source for v 2.17 and what tool chains did you use to compile it? I want to patch in the kali nethunter scripts and recompile to use the kernel on my nethunter. Looking for the OnePlus7TProNR build.

Thanks

Kleinblaar

Feb 18, 2014
The GitHub link is in the OP and I use Google's prebuilt clang toolchain
https://github.com/flar2/OnePlus7Pro

OK got the correct branch, what else do I need to compile the kernel? If I clone in to my build VM and make the defconfig file it has an error cp: cannot stat '/root/kernels/OnePlus7Pro/../oneplus/': No such file or directory

Also when I make the kernel I get OnePlus7Pro/scripts/Makefile.modbuiltin:26: OnePlus7Pro/coretech/aigov/Makefile: No such file or directory

Where do I get these? Are there other bits I need other than the kernel and clang toolchains?

Last edited:

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
https://github.com/flar2/OnePlus7Pro

OK got the correct branch, what else do I need to compile the kernel? If I clone in to my build VM and make the defconfig file it has an error cp: cannot stat '/root/kernels/OnePlus7Pro/../oneplus/': No such file or directory

Also when I make the kernel I get OnePlus7Pro/scripts/Makefile.modbuiltin:26: OnePlus7Pro/coretech/aigov/Makefile: No such file or directory

Where do I get these? Are there other bits I need other than the kernel and clang toolchains?
No, that should be it, this is a monolithic Kernel, any extras are merged in. If not, they are unmodified from whatever OnePlus has on their GitHub .

Kleinblaar

Feb 18, 2014
No, that should be it, this is a monolithic Kernel, any extras are merged in. If not, they are unmodified from whatever OnePlus has on their GitHub .
That is odd, so clone source,
make clean && make mrpropper
Make O=out elementalx_defconfig
Make O=out -j 8

Should compile clean?

Assuming toolchain with latest clang in paths etc

Kleinblaar

Feb 18, 2014
Maybe try cloning the clean OnePlus source, get it to build, then merge elementalx changes
Hi @flar2,

So I got the kernel to compile mostly to this point:

C++:
drivers/input/touchscreen/wake_gestures.o: In function `is_suspended':
/root/kernels/OnePlus7Pro/out/../drivers/input/touchscreen/wake_gestures.c:162: undefined reference to `scr_suspended'
/root/kernels/OnePlus7Pro/out/../drivers/input/touchscreen/wake_gestures.c:162: undefined reference to `scr_suspended'
drivers/input/touchscreen/wake_gestures.o:/root/kernels/OnePlus7Pro/out/../drivers/input/touchscreen/wake_gestures.c:162: more undefined references to `scr_suspended' follow
drivers/input/touchscreen/wake_gestures.o: In function `wake_presspwr':
/root/kernels/OnePlus7Pro/out/../drivers/input/touchscreen/wake_gestures.c:187: undefined reference to `set_vibrate'
drivers/input/touchscreen/wake_gestures.o: In function `is_suspended':
make[1]: *** [/root/kernels/OnePlus7Pro/Makefile:1106: vmlinux] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/root/kernels/OnePlus7Pro/out'
make: *** [Makefile:146: sub-make] Error 2

From what I can see this was a source you ported as it is not in the main source. Any update I can use to fix this one?

bush911

Oct 12, 2012
重庆
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel
Maybe try cloning the clean OnePlus source, get it to build, then merge elementalx changes
Hi @flar2 what I was wondering is whether you have any plans to build kernels for Pixel 6/ pro?
Just checked with acc app that ElementaryX on my Pixel 3 supports battery idle mode, which is cool to expand battery life. So it would be great to have this feature on your upcoming kernels.
Thank you

monster234

Dec 18, 2016
So is there any possibily for gpu overclocking for Oneplus 7 Pro to come back i only wanted some overclock but there is no option sadly

lordodin912

May 14, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S4
HTC EVO 3D
@flar2 Just flashed v3.02 on a gm1917 running latest OOS 11.0.6.1 (clean flash). So far so good. Thanks! :cowboy:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220302-205853.jpg
    Screenshot_20220302-205853.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Reactions: flar2

lordodin912

May 14, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S4
HTC EVO 3D
@flar2 just got magisk v24.2 and LSPosed running. Passed safetynet!!! Going to let everything settle down for a few days, so far battery life seems better/same as oos10 stock kernel.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220303-100609.jpg
    Screenshot_20220303-100609.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

mat317

Jun 21, 2006
Sorry for probably an obvious question but is it possible to use this kernel without root on pixel experience rom oneplus 7 pro?

Top Liked Posts