[KERNEL] [April 4] Pixel 3a ElementalX 4.11

Search This thread

Mokura3rd

Jul 26, 2014
Would it be possible to get new direct download links? The original post still goes to 3.06 and the AFH files are all pretty old. Either way, thank you for your work.

dr0832

Dec 22, 2007
I have a pixel 3A XL with Android 10 build QQ1A.191205.011 from two years ago. It has ex kernel manager installed and ElemntalX and also Magisk 23.0. I haven't taken many Android updates and have one that says 330 days late. Is it possible to install this update or will that do something to affect root? Can someone point me to what I would need to do to update to android 11 or 12?

raybes

Jul 31, 2012
Do not install version 4.10 unless you have updated to the March 2022 security patch. If you install version 4.10 on earlier system images there will be no wifi.

Hi! I've bought your App, it's great. BUT, I'm looking for the previous version, ElementalX-P3a-4.09 with the FEB security patch? Either the .ZIP which I'd have been able to get a few weeks ago through the app, or just the boot.img...

Is it possible to get a previous version of ElementalX for Android 12+?

Would be great if you could download previous versions, but I see it's selling the app (glad you're able to make money with this)

Going to try the other kernel in DEV for now, still like your app... (DANGEROUS one, because yes as I FOUND OUT, pressing update on this device will actually leave you without WIFI. lol)

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Hi! I've bought your App, it's great. BUT, I'm looking for the previous version, ElementalX-P3a-4.09 with the FEB security patch? Either the .ZIP which I'd have been able to get a few weeks ago through the app, or just the boot.img...

Is it possible to get a previous version of ElementalX for Android 12+?

Would be great if you could download previous versions, but I see it's selling the app (glad you're able to make money with this)

Going to try the other kernel in DEV for now, still like your app... (DANGEROUS one, because yes as I FOUND OUT, pressing update on this device will actually leave you without WIFI. lol)

Here is the previous version 4.09 (works with Android 12 before March 2022 security patches)

sizz-lorr

Sep 12, 2009
I just updated to the latest magisk 25, and the elementalx kernel is giving me fastboot-loops when i install from the ex manager app. Should i try to use adb?

mmead1143

Dec 27, 2010
Same here - running the latest Lineage nightly, Mag 25 and pushing the elementalx kernel thru its manager runs into bootloop hell.

reyqn

Sep 29, 2014
Since this is a full paradigm shift on how Magisk hot-patch the device at boot, several behaviors that many developers implicitly relied on might not exist. For example, Magisk no longer patches fstabs in most scenarios, which means AVB will remain intact; some custom kernels rely on AVB being stripped out for them by Magisk.

From magisk changelog. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the reason for the bootloops.

xNotta

Aug 4, 2010
Does the kernel have diag_char enabled?
If not, can I get the source for 4.12 (or newer) so I can build the kernel with diag_char?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ElementalX Kernel
    for Pixel 3a (Sargo)
    p3890301369-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability. It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features:
    -Optimized for performance and battery life
    -Advanced color control (RGB, hue, saturation, contrast, value, K-Lapse)
    -Block wakelocks
    -Vibration control
    -Sound control (headphones)
    -Backlight dimmer option
    -High brightness mode
    -CFQ, noop, deadline, FIOPS, SIO, maple and zen i/o schedulers
    -Adrenoboost option
    -Option to disable fsync
    -WireGuard support
    -Pass SafetyNet (with Magisk)

Installation
    1. Flash in TWRP recovery or flash directly in EX Kernel Manager

Notes

Stay up to date with EX Kernel Manager. The latest security updates are always available through the app, usually within hours of the latest OTA. EXKM can be used to configure settings, backup and flash zips and img files, run scripts and install kernel updates quickly and easily. EXKM is compatible with all devices and kernels and is the best and most complete kernel manager available.

You can also use High Brightness Mode so you can see your phone in the sun. This app unlocks the hidden hardware setting that makes your screen much brighter than stock. HBM requires root.

Downloads

Android 11
    ElementalX-P3a-3.06

Android 10
    ElementalX-P3a-2.15

Android 9 (Pie)
    ElementalX-P3a-1.06

Source code:
    Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    ElementalX Pixel 3a, Kernel for the Google Pixel 3a

Contributors
    flar2
    Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/Bluecross/tree/ElementalX-P3a-1.00

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2019-05-17
    Last Updated 2020-09-08
    Is there any reason you don't publish just the boot.img? I would prefer not having an extra app installed on my phone just for a custom kernel. I like to patch the img with Magisk and flash it myself.

EDIT: Just saw that the app costs $5. That'd be why.

That would be wrong and I don't appreciate the insinuation. I didn't need to spend $700 on another phone and I don't need to spend my time and expertise to bring you new features. How many apps do you think I need to sell just to pay for the phone?

To answer your question, I don't supply a boot.img because you also need the dtbo.img and I want to reuse the existing ramdisk so I don't break your other mods.

Welcome to xda
    Update!!

Flash directly and control all options in EX Kernel Manager: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.exkernelmanager

Download:
    ElementalX-1.04

Changes:
    -add lzma support
    -K-Lapse 5.0
    -remove RGB min limit for astronomy mode in EXKM
    Update!!

Flash directly and control all options in EX Kernel Manager: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.exkernelmanager

Download:
    ElementalX-1.03

Changes:
    -July security update
    Update!!

I have disabled the wake gestures on this version of the phone

Download:
    ElementalX-1.06

Changes:
    -August security update
    -disable wake gestures on 3a