[KERNEL] [April 4] Pixel 4 ElementalX 3.12

Search This thread
Version 3.12 with April security updates is now available through EXKM.

Version 3.12 works with system images from March and April, but not earlier versions.
How do you download a previous version? They are all listed in the app, but I can only download the latest version which kicks me to fastboot. I am assuming that it isn't compatible with the may 05 security update of Pixel Experience(4.14.257) (which has not released a later version yet. I assume I need the P4-3.14 version, but have no way to get it. (I had my boot backed up so I was able to get back to my 'stock' pixel experience rom.

Curiousn00b

Dec 3, 2011
Delaware
Google Pixel 4 XL
How do you download a previous version? They are all listed in the app, but I can only download the latest version which kicks me to fastboot. I am assuming that it isn't compatible with the may 05 security update of Pixel Experience(4.14.257) (which has not released a later version yet. I assume I need the P4-3.14 version, but have no way to get it. (I had my boot backed up so I was able to get back to my 'stock' pixel experience rom.
Are you using the latest Magisk by any chance?

It seems to be a bit of miss(mainly a miss right now) for me. Revert back to v24.3 to get custom roms to work properly.

JakeDHS07

Dec 15, 2010
North Salem NY
Google Pixel 4 XL
Just figured I'd ask and check before I risked bricking. Will wait for the update. Thanks mate 💪 The other reason I asked is because I know sometimes there is no kernel update needed and I didn't want to be waiting for one that wasn't gonna happen 😅

Last edited:

ranasrule

Feb 25, 2007
Lahore
Google Pixel 4 XL
After OTA updating from A11 to A12 Im unable to flash the latest A12 kernel using EXKM.

Im rooted using Magisk (ver 25.2) in case that makes any difference.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Last edited:

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org

JakeDHS07

Dec 15, 2010
North Salem NY
Google Pixel 4 XL
Yeah apparently you had to already be on the A13 update for it to show. I was hoping to download it before as I disable all internet before updating to preserve SafetyNet passing. Once all custom kernels and patches are reinstalled after update then I reenable internet and everything still works.

Mrzapa

Yeah apparently you had to already be on the A13 update for it to show. I was hoping to download it before as I disable all internet before updating to preserve SafetyNet passing. Once all custom kernels and patches are reinstalled after update then I reenable internet and everything still works.
Are you passing play integrity? I can't figure out how to pass that. Device shows as uncertified in play store regardless. I'm using safety net fix mod and passing safety net.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ElementalX Kernel
    for Pixel 4 and 4XL
    p3890301369-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability. It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features:
    -Optimized for performance and battery life
    -Advanced color control (RGB, hue, saturation, contrast, value, K-Lapse)
    -Wake gestures (S2W & DT2W)
    -Sweep2sleep
    -Block wakelocks
    -direct HBM
    -CFQ, noop, deadline, FIOPS, SIO, maple and zen i/o schedulers
    -Adrenoboost option
    -Option to disable fsync
    -WireGuard support
    -Pass SafetyNet (with Magisk)

Installation
    1. Flash in TWRP recovery or flash directly in EX Kernel Manager

Notes

Stay up to date with EX Kernel Manager. The latest security updates are always available through the app, usually within hours of the latest OTA. EXKM can be used to configure settings, backup and flash zips and img files, run scripts and install kernel updates quickly and easily. EXKM is compatible with all devices and kernels and is the best supported and most complete kernel manager available.

Sweep2wake/doubletap2wake will show no deep sleep. This is cosmetic only, it won't drain additional battery and is nothing to worry about..

Downloads

Android 11
    ElementalX-P4-2.04

Android 10
    ElementalX-P4-1.09

Source code:
    Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    ElementalX P4, Kernel for the Google Pixel 4 XL

Contributors
    flar2
    Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/Pixel-4

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-02-06
    Last Updated 2020-09-08
    Looks like no kernel update is necessary for July, continue using version 1.08
    FYI... I went ahead and flashed 1.08. Not seeing any issues. All is well.

There were a couple of very minor changes, it's fine to use 1.08. I am uploading 1.09 soon.
    @flar2 wondering if you have a working rooted kernel for DP2? Thanks.

No, I haven't built a kernel for the preview yet. I will look into it soon.
    Some of you may remember a few years ago I had an app called Wake Gestures. It stopped working and I never got around to fixing it, but I left the wake gestures function in most of my kernels. Good news for those who liked that app, I've added support for Wake Gestures to Button Mapper and it is supported on the Pixel 4 as well as almost every other phone with sweep2wake built into the kernel (root is required)

Wake Gestures allows you to set an action for a swipe in any direction or a double tap, while the screen is off. The actions can be anything from basic stuff like toggling the flashlight or wifi, to broadcasting custom intents or executing root commands. Lots of possibilities.

You need version 1.45 of Button Mapper, which is only on XDA Labs for now:
    https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/flar2.homebutton

PS: Button Mapper also allows remapping of Active Edge and Motion Sense