[KERNEL][ARC/S] LuPuS JB MULTIBOOT [LINARO 4.7][CM10 BASED][11-12-12]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DragonClawsAreSharp

Nov 1, 2011
I tried the P.A.C. ROM as well as the CM10 FXP150 and CM10.1 ports from FreeXperia

Sent from my A510 using xda app-developers app

Try to install only one ROM in the first slot. And then try to boot up in it. No need flash gapps or other things. If it doesn't boot up, then it's the kernel part of the kernel that's to be repaired.
If it does boot, then it's the multi-boot part (the part that copies the content of system.img and data.img from the SD card to the phone memory) of kernel that's broken.
Stuck at boot-animation and infinite boot animation are problems that are caused usually due to not clearing the data of earlier ROM, or due to incompatibility of the ROM and the kernel. But the ROMs you installed should be working alright with this CM10 kernel that's based on the FXP kernel. So it has to be the way this kernel copies from the img files to /system and /data. Perhaps it forgets to remove the earlier user data? I do not know.
I do not have the Arc S to test it currently. So I can not be very sure.

Also...

Originally Posted by DooMLoRD
there is a bug in the semc S1 bootloader... sometimes if the boot.img isnt of a correct size then the device will not boot... the workaround is to add a "filler" file (which is say 512KB file with junk data) to the ramdisk so as to increase the size of the final boot.img file...

thanks to jerpelea for this incredible tip... i must have wasted atleast 10-15 hrs trying to figure out why my kernel failed to boot :p

sinkster

Aug 25, 2010
Glasgow
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Roms are booting ok, I've tried Miui, pac, c.a.m.p.s., and cm10. The logcat shows that the system runs out of space, and settings shows internal memory of 101.2 mb in all instances. Even without flashing gapps, not all the system get's installed, larger apks like phone(which is quite important lol) aren't fully installed.

Reactions: DragonClawsAreSharp

themike10452

Nov 15, 2012
Batroun
CM10 FXP150 Failed to boot, do I have to edit the ROM (Make it Multi-Boot-Aware) so I can boot up ??

Last edited:

wedgess

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
www.pac-rom.com
CM10 FXP150 Failed to boot, do I have to edit the ROM (Make it Multi-Boot-Aware) so I can boot up ??

No unfortunately its a problem with multiboot atm on ARC, I thought it was a simple fix but the problem with system space. Is why some people cant boot. And even if u do u will get FCs due to no system space. Ill be coming back to this soon and spend more time trying to fix it

Sent from my GT-I9300 On Official JB

themike10452

Nov 15, 2012
Batroun
No unfortunately its a problem with multiboot atm on ARC, I thought it was a simple fix but the problem with system space. Is why some people cant boot. And even if u do u will get FCs due to no system space. Ill be coming back to this soon and spend more time trying to fix it

I tried LUPUS JB v4 with CM10 FXP150 and no boot :/ I've experienced problems with WIFI before with this kernel, when I use WIFI a lot (download/web surf) the wifi goes off for good until I restart the phone. Any future fixes?

wedgess

Apr 23, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
www.pac-rom.com
I tried LUPUS JB v4 with CM10 FXP150 and no boot :/ I've experienced problems with WIFI before with this kernel, when I use WIFI a lot (download/web surf) the wifi goes off for good until I restart the phone. Any future fixes?

Ye ive got a whole new kernel. V4 was from my older sources. ARC is the only device I didnt update because didnt think anyone was using it anymore. All the current issues are fixed that where in v4. I will release maybe but v4 only got a couple of thanks and didnt think anyone was using it because of this I didnt waste my time and release v5.

But if enough people want a v5, I will update it no problem

themike10452

Nov 15, 2012
Batroun
Ye ive got a whole new kernel. V4 was from my older sources. ARC is the only device I didnt update because didnt think anyone was using it anymore. All the current issues are fixed that where in v4. I will release maybe but v4 only got a couple of thanks and didnt think anyone was using it because of this I didnt waste my time and release v5.

Give us a v5 dude! Thanks

Reactions: radomx

radomx

Dec 18, 2012

Hi, lupus the best kernel but we have wifi bug and batterylife problem :( Wifi sometimes freezes and then need reboot and 1-2 minut later some again... Pls fix it and give us v5.

wedgess

Apr 23, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
www.pac-rom.com
Hi ppl...how i can flash kernel??? Cuz i dont see kernels zip file :|..help please

Sent from my LT18i using xda app-developers app

Its kernel.img and its in op second post. But kernel is not yet fully functional use the non multiboot its in seperate LuPuS thread

Reactions: radomx
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LuPuS MultiBoot JB Kernel
    abzNncsi.png

Instaed of updating the other LuPuS kernel thread as Multiboot i'm posting multiboot kernel here on its own thread so any questions problems can be asked and anwsered here, As I don't have the device I'm asking all of you to help eachother out, if or when I can;t respond. Multiboot was created by CosmicDan on the Xperia PLAY thread big props to him for getting this working. I'm just proting it to your ARC & ARCS.

Please read this thread fully before flashing this kernel.

Disclaimer

Code:
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]#include[/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"]/*
    * Your warranty is now void.. LOL I guess you knew it already.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, you getting dumped or you getting fired because your phone 
    * bootloops and alarm does not go off. Please do some research if you have any  
    * concerns about features included in my kernel before using it! YOU and only 
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
    */

[COLOR="Magenta"]#if[/COLOR]
    You have a [COLOR="DarkGreen"]question[/COLOR] post it in the [COLOR="DarkRed"]thread[/COLOR],
    Instead of [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Pm'ing me[/COLOR], as other users may
    experience you [COLOR="DarkRed"]problems[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Magenta"]#endif[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Multiboot Aware Info​

Ok so first off you must make ROMS multiboot aware by editing the updater-script.
    Do NOT install a ROM ZIP in Slot 2 or 3 until it is marked "multiboot-aware". [/U]Otherwise the ROM will format/install to your internal, no matter *what* you do[/B]

To make the changes ill give an example of PACMan ROM

NON-MULTIBOOT AWARE

Code:
    mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "/system");
    package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.sh", "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
    package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.functions", "/tmp/backuptool.functions");
    set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
    set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/tmp/backuptool.functions");
    run_program("/tmp/backuptool.sh", "backup");
    unmount("/system");
    show_progress(0.500000, 0);
    format("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "0", "/system");
    package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
    symlink("Roboto-Bold.ttf", "/system/fonts/DroidSans-Bold.ttf");
    symlink("Roboto-Regular.ttf", "/system/fonts/DroidSans.ttf");
    symlink("busybox", "/system/xbin/[", "/system/xbin/[[",
            "/system/xbin/adjtimex", "/system/xbin/arp", "/system/xbin/ash",
            "/system/xbin/awk", "/system/xbin/base64", "/system/xbin/basename",

Change to---

MULTIBOOT AWARE

Code:
    show_progress(0.500000, 0);
    run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");
    run_program("/sbin/busybox", "rm", "-Rf", "/system/*");
    package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
    symlink("Roboto-Bold.ttf", "/system/fonts/DroidSans-Bold.ttf");
    symlink("Roboto-Regular.ttf", "/system/fonts/DroidSans.ttf");
    symlink("busybox", "/system/xbin/[", "/system/xbin/[[",
            "/system/xbin/adjtimex", "/system/xbin/arp", "/system/xbin/ash",
            "/system/xbin/awk", "/system/xbin/base64", "/system/xbin/basename",

U don't need to remove backuptool I just did :)

Its just this that needs to be changed the above is an example so people dont get confused :)

This

Code:
    format("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "0", "/system");

To This
    Code:
    run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");
    run_program("/sbin/busybox", "rm", "-Rf", "/system/*");

Bugs (important):

- Native App2SD is broken and unreliable. I have tried to fix it but I don't know why it's happening. Do yourself a favor and switch to Link2SD with an ext partition - it's faster, more reliable and allows sharing apps between different slots. (Tip: After installing Link2SD, use it's settings to change 'Default Install Location' to 'Internal' to stop Android ROM from installing apps on SDCard automatically)
    - If your ROM has a "Reboot to Recovery" option, using it will load a broken Recovery where no mounts work. I can't fix this, so simply don't use it (just use Vol-Down on normal reboot).

After you made the changes to the ROMS updater script that ROM can now be flashed in Slot 2 or Slot 3.
    To get around a ROM not being multiboot aware (if you want to install it in Slot 2 or 3), simply install in Internal (Slot 1) as normal, then set up the second or third slot with "Copy from Internal" instead of "Blank". Then of course you can reformat and reinstall on Internal.
    Make sure your SDCard is free of errors. Do a "CHKDSK /f x:" (Check for Errors on x drive and auto-fix) in Windows. Also do this again if you do a battery pull or get hard-reboot in slot 2 or 3 (I will try to add options for this later, see Future Plans section at bottom).
    To delete a slot, manually remove the system2/userdata2 (for slot 2) IMG files from the root of your SDCard (will add a maintenance menu option later to do this).
    *Never* unmount SDCard in Recovery for Slot 2 and 3. But Mounting USB Storage is 100% fine.
    ...can't think of anything else right now.

First-time users - Enter Multiboot Menu (Vol-Down key) and go to Internal > Recovery, then format system, data and cache before doing anything else. Very important.

Added Io-schedulers --
    • - Noop
      - Anticipatory
      - Deadline
      - CFQ
      - BFQ
      - SIO

Added Governors --
    • - lagfree
      - brazillianwax
      - smoothass
      - scary
      - savagedzen
      - smartass
      - smartassv2
      - interactivex
      - minmax
      - + the 5or6 that are there with FXP

Lulzactive - Thanks to Tegrak
      Based on Interactive and Smartass. When workload is greater than or equal to 60%, the governor scales up
      CPU to next higher step. When workload is less than 60%, governor scales down CPU to next lower step.
      When screen is off, frequency is locked to global scaling minimum frequency

Virtuous
      Virtuous is a modded smartassV2 which gives even more battery time then smartassV2:)

Intellidemand - Thanks to faux123
      This is an intelligent ondemand that enters browsing mode to limit max frequency when GPU is idling,
      and (exits browsing mode) behaves like ondemand when GPU is busy; to deliver performance for gaming and such.
      Intellidemand does not jump to highest frequency when screen is off.

Lazy - Thanks to Ezekeel
      The Idea here is to eliminate any instabilities caused by fast frequency switching by ondemand.
      Lazy governor polls more often than ondemand, but changes frequency only after completing min_time_state
      on a step overriding sampling interval.
      Lazy also has a screenoff_maxfreq parameter which when enabled will cause the governor to always
      select the maximum frequency while the screen is off.

-Ondemandx:
      Basically an ondemand with suspend/wake profiles. This governor is supposed to be a battery friendly ondemand. When screen is off, max frequency is capped at 500 mhz. Even though ondemand is the default governor in many kernel and is considered safe/stable, the support for ondemand/ondemandX depends on CPU capability to do fast frequency switching which are very low latency frequency transitions. I have read somewhere that the performance of ondemand/ondemandx were significantly varying for different i/o schedulers. This is not true for most of the other governors. I personally feel ondemand/ondemandx goes best with SIO I/O scheduler.

-Lionheart:
      Is a conservative-based governor. The tunables (such as the thresholds and sampling rate) were changed so the governor behaves more like the performance one, at the cost of battery as the scaling is very aggressive.

To 'experience' Lionheart using conservative, try these tweaks:
      sampling_rate:10000 or 20000 or 50000, whichever you feel is safer. (transition latency of the CPU is something below 10ms/10,000uS hence using 10,000 might not be safe).
      up_threshold:60
      down_threshold:30
      freq_step:5
      Lionheart goes well with deadline i/o scheduler. When it comes to smoothness (not considering battery drain), a tuned conservative delivers more as compared to a tuned ondemand.

BadAss Governor:
      Badass removes all of this "fast peaking" to the max frequency. Badass will also take the gpu load into consideration. If the gpu is moderately busy it will bypass the above check and clock the cpu with 1024Mhz. If the gpu is crushed under load, badass will lift the restrictions to the cpu.

Superbad -
      A "superbad" super smooth rendition of a highly optimized "smartass" governor!

Darkside -
      A "slightly more agressive smart" optimized governor!

• -SLQB - (SLAB allocator with Queue)-(both)
      This memory allocator is designed for small number of CPUs system (such as desktop or smart phone devices). This allocator is design to be simple and it is optimized for using order-0 pages as much as possible (order-0 pages are the simplest therefore quickest type of memory in a Linux system to allocate).

• CosmicDan - For the amazing MultiBoot:)
      paxChristos
      FXP - Jerpelea - Sources
      DooMLoRD - Everything he's done for Xperia
      Sinkster - For testing :)
      tempest918 - For the New Logo
      Anyone else I have left out

Post 2 Contains Downloads And Changelogs / Whats Included

Kernel Sources Branch jellybean
    https://github.com/garwedgess/semc-kernel-msm7x30
    Changelog -
    Code:
    [B][U]
    Initial Release (11-12-12)[/U][/B]

[U]- Completely Cleaned and re worked kernel from original cm10 LuPuS[/U]

- Built with Linaro 4.7
    - Properly and nicely optimized for Linaro
    - MultiBoot kernel (3 ROMS so far) Thanks @CosmicDan
    [COLOR="Blue"]- Recovery fixed no more "DANCING"[/COLOR] - Thank @skritchz
    - Tiny RCU
    - SLQB Memory Allocator
    - Cleancache
    - VDD Control
    - Lots of Governors list is in OP
    - 6 IO schedulers Noop, Deadline,, CF,Q BFQ SIO (updated to newest) & V(R)
    - Thumbbe
    - Image inatead of zImage
    - Compressed
    - 0% Battery Fix thanks "Bazoocaze
    - Updated LZO
    - Patched LZO
    - OC to 1.6 (removed 2ghs due to danger of destroying motherboard)
    - USB OTG
    - CIFS
    - TUNS
    - KSM
    - Wifi lockon and Range tweaked
    -Google snappy Compression & Decompression
    - Possibly missed out a few things will add them as I think of them

If you like my work please consider buying me a beer or something else ;)
    by clicking the DONATE ME button, of course it isn't needed but greatly appreciated and keeps me motivated.

Downloads

LuPuS-jB-Multiboot_ARC_&_ARCS.img

MD5 = 47b4b565fe4d23095d43d32019d917d7

Make sure your md5 matches before complaining kernel does not work

Please Click the Thanks button
    :good:

OK I get stuck at the boot screen of my aokp rom.
    I flashed the kernel, get into the first state, wiped everything and installed rom and gapps.
    then I get into the 2nd state and flashed MIUI and Gapps.
    But if i start aokp i see the boot animation now for about 10 minutes

Ok first of all just flash ROM in slot1 without gapps and then let it boot into ROM. Then go back into recovery of slot 1 & flash gapps. Then do same for slot2. U will need to delete system2.img and data2.img from sdcard. Theres an option to remove these in newer multiboot which i might release later. But do as I said above and it will boot