[KERNEL][AVICII][10] StormBreaker 0.2 [STABLE][4.19.85][29-08-2020]

KakatkarAkshay

Recognized Developer
Feb 16, 2020

StromBreaker kernel is a minimal, simple and clean kernel for the perfect balance between performance and battery life

Feature list
Linux version upstreamed
Compiled with Proton clang 12.0.0

HOW TO FLASH??
Make sure you take a backup of your current Kernel before flashing! (I'm not taking responsibility for any damage)
If you installed a custom Kernel before please flash the boot.img of the currently installed ROM or dirty flash the ROM.
Then just flash the zip file through recovery or via FKM, Happy Flashing!

Note - This kernel will never be OC/UV'ed and if you want to report any bugs please attach a proper dmesg log...
to take with dmesg logs Write "dmesg > sdcard/dmesg.log" in terminal emulator then goto internal storage and give that dmesg.log

FKM Strings -

XDA:DevDB Information
StormBreaker Kernel, Kernel for OnePlus Nord (Avicii)

XDA:DevDB Information
StormBreaker Kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus Nord

Contributors
CryllicBuster273
Source Code: https://github.com/stormbreaker-project/avicii

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 0.2
Stable Release Date: 2020-08-29

Created 2020-08-21
Last Updated 2020-08-21

Last edited:

Sarim17A

Feb 19, 2020
StormBreaker v0.2 is out
Download :- https://sourceforge.net/projects/st...i/StormBreaker-0.2-avicii-signed.zip/download

Changelog:
1. Fixed Double Tap to Wake.
2. Fixed offscreen gestures.
3. Added Wireguard Support.
Great job on this OP the battery life is pretty phenomenal with stormbreaker , but could you please fix the tap to show ambient display when the device is locked , whenever convenient? DT2W works perfectly , it's just single tap to show ambient display that isn't working . Thanks alot !

Sarim17A

Feb 19, 2020
So why should people flash this over ElementalX?
Personally , the battery life has been far better for me on stormbreaker compared to elemental x , even though I set the latter to conservative at all times during the day . Also there's no lags or abrupt stutters with stormbreaker at all , it's smoother than the stock kernel and slightly more consistent in terms of performance than elemental x , atleast in my usage .

Cruzy12100

Oct 15, 2014
Chennai
Hi

I have a couple of questions regarding the kernel installation

Can I install the kernel on a stock rom?
If not If I decide to use a custom ROM, I will need to install the kernel before installing the custom ROM Right?

Currently, with Normal Usage (Reddit, Whatsapp, etc) I get around 5 Hrs SOT on 90Hz
Can I expect to see an increase in the battery performance if I decide to use this kernel?

arturomb

Jan 3, 2014
Madrid
Hi

I have a couple of questions regarding the kernel installation

Can I install the kernel on a stock rom?
If not If I decide to use a custom ROM, I will need to install the kernel before installing the custom ROM Right?

Currently, with Normal Usage (Reddit, Whatsapp, etc) I get around 5 Hrs SOT on 90Hz
Can I expect to see an increase in the battery performance if I decide to use this kernel?
Hi, yes you can run this kernel with stock ROM. Yes you will have a better performance with this kernel. I have around 7 or 8 hours per circle

Cruzy12100

Oct 15, 2014
Chennai
Hi, yes you can run this kernel with stock ROM. Yes you will have a better performance with this kernel. I have around 7 or 8 hours per circle
Thanks for the reply.
My main issue is that Whatsapp I belive eats the better part of my battery and it causes an Issue.
So once I unlock my device(Before installation of kernel), all data is wiped correct?