[KERNEL] BeastMode 1.9.2 RAGE by freeza [DOK2] [OverClocking] [ZeroLemon]

Search This thread

DeeXii

Sep 28, 2010
Magic Kingdom, FL
Here is the BeastMode 1.9.2 RAGE Kernel by freeza based on our DOK2 source.
This is constantly being tested and improved. We really appreciate all feedback from EVERYONE!.

Big ups to Freeza who took the time out and was the one to make all of this happen.
If you really dig this and are the donating or praising type please direct all credits, thank you(s), and donations to freeza
Testing and development will continue from here going forward.
All older versions will remain on AFH and linked in this thread.

BeastMode 1.9.2
-Tweaked Ramdisk

BeastMode 1.8.2
-Disabled GPU Adreno idler
-Disabled Memutils (moto x)
-Disabled Quick wake up (moto x)

BeastMode 1.8
-Root Restriction Disabled
-SE Android Permissive
-Optimized ramdisk and defconfig
-Overclocking support
-Zero logging for performance increase
-Display panel color support aka KCAL (change your saturation/hue/contrast/etc with sysfs or an app)
-SEAndroid "permissive" but supports "enforcing" with @Chainfire sepolicy patcher.
-Random code optimizations for i/o, scheduler,whatever
-No 78 other governors added
-No random unstable mods added
-Stable AF???
-Enhanced boot speed
-Probably more. Testers needed. whatev.

Prereq:
-Have a means to get back to stock software. This includes an Odin flashable TAR or a recovery flashable ROM.
-Make sure you have a BACKUP! I cannot stress this enough. While I am certain you won't run into any trouble with the kernel, it's always good to have a backup of your system (including kernel[boot in twrp]) beforehand.

Instructions:
-Download the kernel.
-Reboot into TWRP.
-Flash kernel.
-Reboot and chill
-**(If any boot issues arise wipe dalvik and cache)**

Downloads:
BeastMode 1.9.2 RAGE DOK2

Here are the links for the older versions of BeastMode.
BeastMode 1.8.2 DOK2 RAGE
BeastMode 1.8 DOK2 RAGE
BeastMode 1.8b DOK2 RAGE with ZeroLemon Fix

-Know a bit of knowledge about how to restore your system or what this root enabled kernel will provide. I won't be able to reply to PMs asking me questions. You should know a bit about what you're doing before you do it.

*Please do not post any issues that you think may be related to the kernel unless you have tried stock.
(I dont mean stock debloated or any kind of modded stock. I mean Stock as Stock can be.)

Again please donate or at least thank Freeza for taking the time out to make this BeastMode Stock Kernel based on the DOK2 source.

Source: Download Kernel Source

Last edited:

DeeXii

Sep 28, 2010
Magic Kingdom, FL
Interesting. Anywhere to read up on what's included in the kernel?
Its the same as the BeastMode 1.0 Stock Modified floating around that T3 users have been using to Root for a while now.
The main difference is that its based on the N910T3 rom so Wifi Calling and VoLTE is working. The previous one floating around was actually the Spring N910P kernel.

I have to ask the obvious question: does this work for the 910t as well? I noticed the OP only says 910t3.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

That I am not sure as I do not have a N910T any more. I assume it would so long as you are using a 5.1.1 rom as its based on the DOG1 kernel.
Have people been using the other one floating around, the BeastMode 1.0 Stock from the N910P?

beast3300

Feb 6, 2011
Its the same as the BeastMode 1.0 Stock Modified floating around that T3 users have been using to Root for a while now.
The main difference is that its based on the N910T3 rom so Wifi Calling and VoLTE is working. The previous one floating around was actually the Spring N910P kernel.

That I am not sure as I do not have a N910T any more. I assume it would so long as you are using a 5.1.1 rom as its based on the DOG1 kernel.
Have people been using the other one floating around, the BeastMode 1.0 Stock from the N910P?
Yes, I have used Beastmode 1.0 for tw 5.1.1 many times. It is super solid, and since I don't have t mobile or WiFi calling it was one of my favs. Battery life is very very good on beastmode. I usually go back to it after custom kernels make me mad.

DeeXii

Sep 28, 2010
Magic Kingdom, FL
Yes, I have used Beastmode 1.0 for tw 5.1.1 many times. It is super solid, and since I don't have t mobile or WiFi calling it was one of my favs. Battery life is very very good on beastmode. I usually go back to it after custom kernels make me mad.

Ya so this would be the same. As I said earlier, the one that was floating around these Tmo Note 4 forums before was the one from the Sprint N910P and it was version 1.0.
This one is based on the N910T3. So I would guess that it works on the N910T. I guess you could always test and confirm that for us all. :)
This is newer then the 1.0 from Auguest however it still has not been heavily modded at all, just slightly tweaked a bit. Since I am not a Kernel dev I cannot say for sure what has been tweaked but I will find out and update the OP.

beast3300

Feb 6, 2011
Ya so this would be the same. As I said earlier, the one that was floating around these Tmo Note 4 forums before was the one from the Sprint N910P and it was version 1.0.
This one is based on the N910T3. So I would guess that it works on the N910T. I guess you could always test and confirm that for us all. :)
This is newer then the 1.0 from Auguest however it still has not been heavily modded at all, just slightly tweaked a bit. Since I am not a Kernel dev I cannot say for sure what has been tweaked but I will find out and update the OP.
Yup! Installed and boots fine on my 910T. [emoji4]

2ce2c7b7772d1b2c679d940411525747.jpg

It displays as 910P though. Whatever that means. [emoji3]

Reactions: mike28

DeeXii

Sep 28, 2010
Magic Kingdom, FL
Yup! Installed and boots fine on my 910T. [emoji4]

2ce2c7b7772d1b2c679d940411525747.jpg

It displays as 910P though. Whatever that means. [emoji3]

Ya, like I said before it was originally for the N910P which is the Sprint Note 4. I guess he didn't edit the text on the kernel name.
I just simply gave freeza the N910T3 kernel and aske him if he could make the BeastMode but based on our Tmo kernel so we could get Wifi Calling & VoLTE back.
With that said though... The BeastMode 1.0 floating around on the Tmo forums was from Aug, this one is newer.

Last edited:

beast3300

Feb 6, 2011
Ya, like I said before it was originally for the N910P which is the Sprint Note 4. I guess he didn't edit the text on the kernel name.
I just simply gave freeza the N910T3 kernel and aske him if he could make the BeastMode but based on our Tmo kernel so we could get Wifi Calling & VoLTE back.
With that said though... The BeastMode 1.0 floating around on the Tmo forums was from Aug, this one is newer.
I'm excited for an updated beast mode. I occasionally check for an update to previous one but didn't find any. Thank you for bringing to the 910T/T3! I will run this for a few days (maybe even longer).

Edit: It's very fluid so far. Definitely a fan of BM and Freeza from the previous release.

DeeXii

Sep 28, 2010
Magic Kingdom, FL
I'm excited for an updated beast mode. I occasionally check for an update to previous one but didn't find any. Thank you for bringing to the 910T/T3! I will run this for a few days (maybe even longer).

Edit: It's very fluid so far. Definitely a fan of BM and Freeza from the previous release.

No prob but really direct any and all thanks to Freeza
I too am stoked that we have a BeastMode here with Tmo network features.

crazynewfie

Sep 18, 2012
Oshawa
I'm assuming you flashed a data fix as I lost data flashing this on my W8

Nope. Running ovedrive 3.4 with this. No data fix. I flashed rom, flashed this kernel, booted. That's it. BUT I was running a note 5 port and I had no data using this kernel. Also I see there is a new N5 port data fix for T/W8. Im cusious to see if it will work.

Last edited:

jlw_4049

May 22, 2013
I tried this. I keep getting an error when activating WiFi calling. Says unable to connect.

dcwinc

Sep 24, 2015
Philadelphia
So I spent many hours playing with this over and over again on my SM-N910T3
First I went back to stock ROM.
Then installed TWRP 2.8.7.0. ...wifi calling still worked...
Then installed this file.
Then without rooting, tested the wifi calling. Suddenly, my wifi network passwords were wiped, and my wifi calling no longer works...
I get 2 errors, depending on the wifi calling I'm attempting to enable...
if it's wifi preferred, I get error code: REG99
if it's set for Never use cellular network I get error code: ER082
I also get a startup error that knox has stopped working...
I've also tried removing knox with a TekHD knox removal file LATER ON, but made no difference in regard to wifi calling.
The only thing that's good is that the VOLTE calling is functional now.
Can you guys get a fix for the WIFI calling failures?
Also, i've tried clearing cache and davalik, makes no difference...
I've attempted everything over and over again, testing at each step, but wifi clearly fails after the file you've suggested installing...

Please advise!!!!! Thanks!!!!

P.S.
Also, after installing, in addition to removing knox being a necessity, an external SD Card write fix file is necessary as well, just for people's information to know...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the BeastMode 1.9.2 RAGE Kernel by freeza based on our DOK2 source.
    This is constantly being tested and improved. We really appreciate all feedback from EVERYONE!.

Big ups to Freeza who took the time out and was the one to make all of this happen.
    If you really dig this and are the donating or praising type please direct all credits, thank you(s), and donations to freeza
    Testing and development will continue from here going forward.
    All older versions will remain on AFH and linked in this thread.

BeastMode 1.9.2
    -Tweaked Ramdisk

BeastMode 1.8.2
    -Disabled GPU Adreno idler
    -Disabled Memutils (moto x)
    -Disabled Quick wake up (moto x)

BeastMode 1.8
    -Root Restriction Disabled
    -SE Android Permissive
    -Optimized ramdisk and defconfig
    -Overclocking support
    -Zero logging for performance increase
    -Display panel color support aka KCAL (change your saturation/hue/contrast/etc with sysfs or an app)
    -SEAndroid "permissive" but supports "enforcing" with @Chainfire sepolicy patcher.
    -Random code optimizations for i/o, scheduler,whatever
    -No 78 other governors added
    -No random unstable mods added
    -Stable AF???
    -Enhanced boot speed
    -Probably more. Testers needed. whatev.

Prereq:
    -Have a means to get back to stock software. This includes an Odin flashable TAR or a recovery flashable ROM.
    -Make sure you have a BACKUP! I cannot stress this enough. While I am certain you won't run into any trouble with the kernel, it's always good to have a backup of your system (including kernel[boot in twrp]) beforehand.

Instructions:
    -Download the kernel.
    -Reboot into TWRP.
    -Flash kernel.
    -Reboot and chill
    -**(If any boot issues arise wipe dalvik and cache)**

Downloads:
    BeastMode 1.9.2 RAGE DOK2

Here are the links for the older versions of BeastMode.
    BeastMode 1.8.2 DOK2 RAGE
    BeastMode 1.8 DOK2 RAGE
    BeastMode 1.8b DOK2 RAGE with ZeroLemon Fix

-Know a bit of knowledge about how to restore your system or what this root enabled kernel will provide. I won't be able to reply to PMs asking me questions. You should know a bit about what you're doing before you do it.

*Please do not post any issues that you think may be related to the kernel unless you have tried stock.
    (I dont mean stock debloated or any kind of modded stock. I mean Stock as Stock can be.)

Again please donate or at least thank Freeza for taking the time out to make this BeastMode Stock Kernel based on the DOK2 source.

Source: Download Kernel Source
    BM 1.9.2 Public Beta is Now Available

Changelog:

-Further Performance Enhancements
    -Laid Ground Work For Future Versions.
    - Stock Optimized

NOTE: Testers Have All Reported Issues While Running TEKHDs Rom. Flash On Your Terms.
    Any Bug Reports: Please Be Sure To Include The Rom You Are Running And Tweaks Installed (If Any)

BM 1.9.2 BETA https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24421527759884845

1.9.2 BM- ZL Version Coming Soon.
    Ok so to everyone...
    The thread has been updated to reflect the last version posted...
    I personally have been using 1.8.2 and know several people that are using 1.8.2 optimally with none of the issues reported.
    However people want and need options. 1.9.2 and older has always been on AFH.
    In addition, all previous versions will always be posted going forward.

I cannot stress enough how valuable your feedback is so please keep posting it.
    I cannot fathom why someone would refer to testing as a "waste of time". Testing is never a waste of time.

I personally appreciate every single person that provides feedback.

Thanks!
    Little sneak peek.. New kernel in testing phase

56147b61c1e3abfc06472f67e5f0e7c2.jpg

6460723f6c397335fce8a79440e0fb16.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    Download: BeastMode 1.7 RAGE for N910P

I saw this post.... Would this Kernel work on a SM-N910T3 ? If not , when will there be a new release ?

Thanks

It would be several Tmo things would not work. i.e. VoLTE & Wifi calling...
    With that said...

Coming Soon..
    BeastMode 1.8b Stock Optimized for the TMobile Note 4 by Freeza
    -Now with ZeroLemon Fix!
    -Now with Overclock support!
    & Much more!
    Still same Freeza BeastMode performance and batt life! Not too heavily modded! Still stable AF!

Stay Tuned...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone