[KERNEL][BERYLLIUM][10 & 11] Optimus Drunk Kernel v11.16 [4.9.265][08-04]

Search This thread

Evgen_17

Feb 19, 2016
I am new to changing phone kernels. Tell me if i need to config something after installing this kernel. I'm using Lineage OS 17.1 without gapps, and my goal is to make the phone to live as long as I can from one charge.

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
I am new to changing phone kernels. Tell me if i need to config something after installing this kernel. I'm using Lineage OS 17.1 without gapps, and my goal is to make the phone to live as long as I can from one charge.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work out the box on LineageOS 17.1, I've been trying many times with different versions of this kernel and of Magisk and on reboot it always gets stuck on boot animation.
I think it has something to do with the modified fstab it pushes. It may be incompatible with FBE encryption (or more specifically the "ice" method that LineageOS
is using).

Reactions: Barbarian king

Evgen_17

Feb 19, 2016
I did everything according to the instructions: I installed the firmware, installed magisk, rolled up the kernel. Everything works fine, but I don't know what to do next. My main goal was to get rid of the sticking of processor frequencies, I encountered this by accident, and I read on the forum that this core can fix that. And it seems to me that everything worked out, the phone began to work more smoothly.
Well, to put the kernel and not take advantage of additional features is stupid. That's why I ask, because even through what and how to configure it, I do not know.

Reactions: duttyend

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
I did everything according to the instructions: I installed the firmware, installed magisk, rolled up the kernel. Everything works fine, but I don't know what to do next. My main goal was to get rid of the sticking of processor frequencies, I encountered this by accident, and I read on the forum that this core can fix that. And it seems to me that everything worked out, the phone began to work more smoothly.
Well, to put the kernel and not take advantage of additional features is stupid. That's why I ask, because even through what and how to configure it, I do not know.
Are you using FDE (Full Disk Encryption) or FBE (File Based Encryption)?

Evgen_17

Feb 19, 2016
Are you using FDE (Full Disk Encryption) or FBE (File Based Encryption)?
No I don't. Maybe this is the reason that it started working well?
To use a non-native Recovery and encrypt the device, from my point of view, this is an unnecessary waste of phone resources. I use custom specially not to encrypt anything, but I also do not install Google services.

Evgen_17

Feb 19, 2016
This kernel on the unofficial LOS 18.1 will also feel good? I only use it for a day, but the smooth operation of the sensor just makes me constantly get small pleasures. Thank's to the developer for his work!

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
No I don't. Maybe this is the reason that it started working well?
To use a non-native Recovery and encrypt the device, from my point of view, this is an unnecessary waste of phone resources. I use custom specially not to encrypt anything, but I also do not install Google services.
Yes, that might be the reason who it is booting correctly.
In my case, encryption is mandatory as I also use the device for work purpose and it contains data that must be protected in case of losing the device, etc.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone