Code:
-Built with latest CM10.2 sources
-latest linux 3.4.65
-Compiled with Linaro 4.8.2
-Overclocked to 1620Mhz
-Underclocked to 270Mhz
-fast charge support
-faux sound support
-CM cherrypick to prevent battery drain (thanks for finding it pwncake)
-Added Governors
     +intellidemand
     +badass
     +wheatley
     +smartassH3
     +asswax
     +smartmax
-Added IO Schedulers
     +sio
     +tripndroid
     +fifo
-thalmus hot plugging
-frandom support
-undervolting and user undervolting (minimum is 900, anything below this won't change anything)
-modified colors (sort of like trinity but my modifications)
-gpu OC to 480

This rom currently supports the Trickster Mod App - get it here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bigeyes0x0.trickstermod&hl=en

PM me if you need any help starting up your own kernel

Downloads for 4.3:
BionicSheep2v0.7.1_RC2
BionicSheep2v0.6.0_RC1
BionicSheep2v0.5.1

READ THIS PLEASE:
Everyone, sorry to disappoint but this kernel is now dead. Due to a serious serious issue with the git client, me trying to delete 1 repo caused the deletion of my kernels repo instead. There will be no builds anymore, I would have to start from scratch and I do not remember every line of code I have changed for the past 4 months.

My sincerest apologies to you guys, I am still shocked myself right now, I can't believe it did that.

I will keep downloads up for now but I doubt the kernel will work bug free into the future without keeping up with driver updates and such. If there are any GPL concerns from any mods here on xda, please let me know and I will take the links down. I had source up until it got deleted. Thanks for the help, experience, and the times guys. You made this kernel a wonderful learning experience for me. Look out for my app in the next few months guys, its my new project if git doesn't screw me on that too.

My settings:
Gov: asswax
IO: fifo
Read ahead: 1024
Voltages: (stock, I pick them in the first place :p)
GPU: 480
Powersaving: 0
Mpdecision: its gone so enabling it does nothing

Sources:
https://github.com/BionicSheep/android_kernel_samsung_d2.git

Special thanks to:
ahagersr - for getting me started up and giving me hours of reading material
stratatak7 - for helping with packaging and voltage fixes
gideonX - for his patience and willingness to answer my nooby questions
pwncake193 - for helping me with 4.3 sources and kernel start up for it (send him thanks guys)
ktoonsez - for his patience and willingness to answer my nooby questions
imoseyon - fastcharge
TripNRaVeR - for his IO scheduler
faux123 - for his awesome sound support
the community - help in general

Changelog

Code:
10.07.2013 Release Candidate 2
-cm updates
-linux 3.4.65 updates
-GPU overclocking to 480
-0ms latency deadline scheduler (credits Imoseyon)

10.03.2013 Release Candidate
-cm updates
-asswax tunables adjusted to personal preference. Ramps up slower but also ramps down slower, also focuses on lower
 clocks at screen up and deep sleep. Check the git if you're curious
-Linaro 4.8.2 instead of 4.7 used to compile
-Latest linux 3.4.64
-378 clock changed back to 384 (so much more stable and battery friendly)
-voltage adjustments

This is probably my last build for this phone, when the Nexus 5 comes out I will probably get it and sell my gs3, so if the
price is less than $350, this will be it guys. Thanks for testing as I made my first kernel. I learned a lot! If any huge issues
present themselves I will obviously update it.

08.23.2013(4.3)
-vital info for this build is in red in op
-okay so all this torch nonesense is fixed
-linux 3.4.59 updates
-latest cm sources
-voltage tweaks
-smartmax governor added (info on it [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38193047&postcount=6943"]here[/URL])
-tweaked sheep colors and colors are whiter than ever!!

08.20.2013b(4.3)
-fixed torch once and for all the cheeky little bugger

08.20.2013(4.3)
-linux 3.4.58 updates
-latest cm sources
-fixed torch
-bionicsheep colors should be implemented on boot (no yellow tint)
-voltage tweaks

Last edited:

Maphack

Jan 18, 2011
Do me a favor and check if torch is working with pa and this kernel. Gracias

Using Tesla led it works fine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Do me a favor and check if torch is working with pa and this kernel. Gracias

Didn't even realize torch was a built in app.

It doesn't work, just force closes if I touch the bulb. I've never used the app before though so I might be doing it wrong

aeppacher

Apr 14, 2012

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

It doesn't work, just force closes if I touch the bulb. I've never used the app before though so I might be doing it wrong

Nah its the kernel aosp is a mess right now :(. Just wanted to check if it was cross carrier. Thanks for the feedback.

aeppacher

Apr 14, 2012
Torch doesn't work on Carbon as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Torch is fixed on latest build that I just uploaded (make sure its v0.4.5b)

Last edited:

aeppacher

Apr 14, 2012
Anyone have a mirror to 8/20? Downloads are still down

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

No mirrors please, if I take the downloads down, I do it for a good reason (it could hurt your device). There has been IMEI issues with all CM based kernels for d2 devices recently. In order to get your IMEI back you have to reinstall rom, gapps, and then the kernel all in one go. I will build with latest fixes and source sometime tonight for you guys.

Reactions: countryfolk07

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FEATURES FOR 4.3:
    Code:
    -Built with latest CM10.2 sources
    -latest linux 3.4.65
    -Compiled with Linaro 4.8.2
    -Overclocked to 1620Mhz
    -Underclocked to 270Mhz
    -fast charge support
    -faux sound support
    -CM cherrypick to prevent battery drain (thanks for finding it pwncake)
    -Added Governors
         +intellidemand
         +badass
         +wheatley
         +smartassH3
         +asswax
         +smartmax
    -Added IO Schedulers
         +sio
         +tripndroid
         +fifo
    -thalmus hot plugging
    -frandom support
    -undervolting and user undervolting (minimum is 900, anything below this won't change anything)
    -modified colors (sort of like trinity but my modifications)
    -gpu OC to 480

This rom currently supports the Trickster Mod App - get it here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bigeyes0x0.trickstermod&hl=en

PM me if you need any help starting up your own kernel

Downloads for 4.3:
    BionicSheep2v0.7.1_RC2
    BionicSheep2v0.6.0_RC1
    BionicSheep2v0.5.1

READ THIS PLEASE:
    Everyone, sorry to disappoint but this kernel is now dead. Due to a serious serious issue with the git client, me trying to delete 1 repo caused the deletion of my kernels repo instead. There will be no builds anymore, I would have to start from scratch and I do not remember every line of code I have changed for the past 4 months.

My sincerest apologies to you guys, I am still shocked myself right now, I can't believe it did that.

I will keep downloads up for now but I doubt the kernel will work bug free into the future without keeping up with driver updates and such. If there are any GPL concerns from any mods here on xda, please let me know and I will take the links down. I had source up until it got deleted. Thanks for the help, experience, and the times guys. You made this kernel a wonderful learning experience for me. Look out for my app in the next few months guys, its my new project if git doesn't screw me on that too.

My settings:
    Gov: asswax
    IO: fifo
    Read ahead: 1024
    Voltages: (stock, I pick them in the first place :p)
    GPU: 480
    Powersaving: 0
    Mpdecision: its gone so enabling it does nothing

Sources:
    https://github.com/BionicSheep/android_kernel_samsung_d2.git

Special thanks to:
    ahagersr - for getting me started up and giving me hours of reading material
    stratatak7 - for helping with packaging and voltage fixes
    gideonX - for his patience and willingness to answer my nooby questions
    pwncake193 - for helping me with 4.3 sources and kernel start up for it (send him thanks guys)
    ktoonsez - for his patience and willingness to answer my nooby questions
    imoseyon - fastcharge
    TripNRaVeR - for his IO scheduler
    faux123 - for his awesome sound support
    the community - help in general

Changelog

Code:
    10.07.2013 Release Candidate 2
    -cm updates
    -linux 3.4.65 updates
    -GPU overclocking to 480
    -0ms latency deadline scheduler (credits Imoseyon)

10.03.2013 Release Candidate
    -cm updates
    -asswax tunables adjusted to personal preference. Ramps up slower but also ramps down slower, also focuses on lower
     clocks at screen up and deep sleep. Check the git if you're curious
    -Linaro 4.8.2 instead of 4.7 used to compile
    -Latest linux 3.4.64
    -378 clock changed back to 384 (so much more stable and battery friendly)
    -voltage adjustments

This is probably my last build for this phone, when the Nexus 5 comes out I will probably get it and sell my gs3, so if the
    price is less than $350, this will be it guys. Thanks for testing as I made my first kernel. I learned a lot! If any huge issues
    present themselves I will obviously update it.

08.23.2013(4.3)
    -vital info for this build is in red in op
    -okay so all this torch nonesense is fixed
    -linux 3.4.59 updates
    -latest cm sources
    -voltage tweaks
    -smartmax governor added (info on it [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38193047&postcount=6943"]here[/URL])
    -tweaked sheep colors and colors are whiter than ever!!

08.20.2013b(4.3)
    -fixed torch once and for all the cheeky little bugger

08.20.2013(4.3)
    -linux 3.4.58 updates
    -latest cm sources
    -fixed torch
    -bionicsheep colors should be implemented on boot (no yellow tint)
    -voltage tweaks

Thanks for the update. Take your time, it's your project.

Release candidate 1 and potentially the last build for 4.3 has been released! Let me know of any crazy issues since this build had a lot of changes. Check the changelog for all of the details, but look for much better battery life and a cooler phone (at least my experience thus far). Any questions and feedback welcome. Thanks for being my testers and all the help on my first kernel!
    Just an update guys:

I am back in college and that takes a lot of time. I am also working on some other projects right now so the kernel has sort of put on the back burner. Sorry. On the bright side my arduino projects are making progress. I also recently have had an issue with windows and upon refreshing the system it wiped my Ubuntu partition. I plan to update the kernel though. Please keep the feedback coming though, its hard for me to improve it if I don't get much either. Sit tigjt and I am working on it
    RC2 with some changes has been released. It was tested and tweaked on the d2att and d2tmo first so it should be buttery smooth for you guys already. That being said, this is a different device so let me know what you guys experience.