[KERNEL] [blu_sp★rk r164] [OOS 2.* / CM]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Part.0

Apr 21, 2016
hello @eng.stk sir i have some questions.. if i want to backup stock kernel of oos 3.1.3 using twrp v41, so..
1. can i use the same twrp v41 to backup/restore the kernel only on oos 3.1.3. will it works ?
2. or do i need to use stock oos recovery to backup and restore kernel ?
3. if its possible to backup/restore kernel. i only need to choose kernel (boot.img) right ?

i will flash the r173 soon as i get the anwers, i need to backup first in case such problem after flashing.. thank you very much for the hard work and for your remarkable support of opx/oos!

*or anyone got the answers for me? thx

Last edited:

Fatsodonkey

Apr 22, 2011
hello @eng.stk sir i have some questions.. if i want to backup stock kernel of oos 3.1.3 using twrp v41, so..
1. can i use the same twrp v41 to backup/restore the kernel only on oos 3.1.3. will it works ?
2. or do i need to use stock oos recovery to backup and restore kernel ?
3. if its possible to backup/restore kernel. i only need to choose kernel (boot.img) right ?

i will flash the r173 soon as i get the anwers, i need to backup first in case such problem after flashing.. thank you very much for the hard work and for your remarkable support of opx/oos!

*or anyone got the answers for me? thx

I tried it and it works. Only restore boot and voila stock kernel in use. Make a full backup in case there is problems.

r173 reboots in boot animation. So it does not boot though.

Part.0

Apr 21, 2016
I tried it and it works. Only restore boot and voila stock kernel in use. Make a full backup in case there is problems.

r173 reboots in boot animation. So it does not boot though.
thank you for reply. so u have flashed the r173 and got bootloop? and you used twrp v41 to backup/restore the stock kernel? only boot.img right? thx

*can you provide logs when flashed r173, so Dev. can fix it and work on it.. thx

Last edited:

pwseo

Dec 13, 2015
I can confirm the bootloop. Still, since I haven't rooted my phone, it's going to be hard to allow adb to work during boot, thus making it difficult for me to get relevant logs. Any ideas on this? (or, if someone actually has the logs, please provide them!)

EDIT: also, when I restored the boot partition backup with twrp, wifi didn't work, even after clearing cache, etc. I had to dirty-flash OOS 3.1.3 again. Just leaving it here in case someone has the same problem after reverting to the previous kernel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Part.0

seacowx

May 9, 2016
I can confirm the bootloop. Still, since I haven't rooted my phone, it's going to be hard to allow adb to work during boot, thus making it difficult for me to get relevant logs. Any ideas on this? (or, if someone actually has the logs, please provide them!)

EDIT: also, when I restored the boot partition backup with twrp, wifi didn't work, even after clearing cache, etc. I had to dirty-flash OOS 3.1.3 again. Just leaving it here in case someone has the same problem after reverting to the previous kernel.
as far as I know you need to backup EFS partition alongside boot partition. EFS may contains IMEI, MaC address for wireless network which needed for Wifi to working.
and the other problem is there should be another two backup contains: modemst1, modemst2 which should be backed up along with boot partition folder. but now I couldn't find it.
I remembered with the previous 5.1.1 rom I had those two modems along with boot partition backup. I don't know if this issue related to OOS3 ROM or TWRP v41 restriction. maybe eng.stk could explain this.. tyvm.

Last edited:

Fatsodonkey

Apr 22, 2011
as far as I know you need to backup EFS partition alongside boot partition. EFS may contains IMEI, MaC address for wireless network which needed for Wifi to working.
and the other problem is there should be another two backup contains: modemst1, modemst2 which should be backed up along with boot partition folder. but now I couldn't find it.
I remembered with the previous 5.1.1 rom I had those two modems along with boot partition backup. I don't know if this issue related to OOS3 ROM or TWRP v41 restriction. maybe eng.stk could explain this.. tyvm.

Yes. Im sorry that i hesitated. Wifi does not infact work with only boot restored.

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6

All blu_spark releases modify system partition because of modules, restoring boot and system is needed (is in OP), nothing to do with EFS or any if that.

Sent from my blu_spark'd OnePlus 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: trveller72

seacowx

May 9, 2016
All blu_spark releases modify system partition because of modules, restoring boot and system is needed (is in OP), nothing to do with EFS or any if that.

Sent from my blu_spark'd OnePlus 3 using Tapatalk

got it. simply means dirty flash is needed.
so..any progress on r173 fixing..? as ussual it's not a demand just a wish.. tyvm for all the hard work & support on oos.

cktoxin

Jul 18, 2013
Alright, I've tried installing version 173. Same problem as the rest are reporting: boots into the OOS3 animation for about 8 to 10 seconds then forces a restart, and this process is repeated. I've tried running a logcat with the phone connected to the computer, but it stays on 'waiting for devices.' Hence I'm having trouble getting a logcat done during the boot, I've waited for about 5 minutes, but nothing on the screen. Meanwhile, the animation into rebooting keeps looping. I've tried doing desmg, but the same thing happens: no devices are detected in my cmd screen. When I restore my Boot and System partition, the phone boots fine, and I am able to get a logcat done during boot animation. Of course, this log is useless as I am on stock OOS3 kernel.

Is there anything else I could do to help? I'm quite familiar with googling before I start posting, but I can't find any way to get a log dumped during booting (of the latest kernel). I am on OOS 3.1.3, TWRP 3.0.2-2 | bluspark v41. If you'd like me to do some other kind of logging, I'd be happy to help out, but I'll need some pointers as to how to do it.

Last edited:

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
Alright, I've tried installing version 173. Same problem as the rest are reporting: boots into the OOS3 animation for about 8 to 10 seconds then forces a restart, and this process is repeated. I've tried running a logcat with the phone connected to the computer, but it stays on 'waiting for devices.' Hence I'm having trouble getting a logcat done during the boot, I've waited for about 5 minutes, but nothing on the screen. Meanwhile, the animation into rebooting keeps looping. I've tried doing desmg, but the same thing happens: no devices are detected in my cmd screen. When I restore my Boot and System partition, the phone boots fine, and I am able to get a logcat done during boot animation. Of course, this log is useless as I am on stock OOS3 kernel.

Is there anything else I could do to help? I'm quite familiar with googling before I start posting, but I can't find any way to get a log dumped during booting (of the latest kernel). I am on OOS 3.1.3, TWRP 3.0.2-2 | bluspark v41. If you'd like me to do some other kind of logging, I'd be happy to help out, but I'll need some pointers as to how to do it.

I think opx uses console-ramoops, so it should be a menu for dump it on the bootloader.
/proc/last_kmsg can be available in recovery immediately booting to twrp after the reboot I think, search for /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops.
I don't have the device and no time for more atm, someone posted logs awhile ago so should be possible to got those @peryndark any help mate?

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
blu_sp★rk r174

All right crew!

New beta build is up for OOS 3.1.* Wicked!
This is only compatible with OOS 3.1.*, you need it already installed with new bootloader and flash it with latest TWRP bluspark v41

So, I will give this one last try. blu_spark has to many goodies and optimizations merged, is impossible to me break stuff from ground zero with quality.
I added some Oneplus changes that were missing and a fix to GCC regression @ZaneZam found :good:
Hope it works or at least someone can get some logs :fingers-crossed:
If we can't get nowhere, I'll probably drop support on the opx, I can't do much more :(

• Same as r173
  • makefile: disable troublesome flags

Keep in mind: This is untested because I don't have the device anymore, so your milage may vary. I am only interested on debugging stuff in stable OOS, I will no longer build for custom ROMs.
Don't spam this thread with ROM problems or SuperSU not flashing, etc. Stick to kernel business.

pp-acceptance-small.png

If you like my work, donations are always welcome (but not mandatory).
Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free ;)

Last edited:

cktoxin

Jul 18, 2013
I think opx uses console-ramoops, so it should be a menu for dump it on the bootloader.
/proc/last_kmsg can be available in recovery immediately booting to twrp after the reboot I think, search for /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops.
I don't have the device and no time for more atm, someone posted logs awhile ago so should be possible to got those @peryndark any help mate?

OK I tried running the command
Code:
adb shell su -c cat /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops > kmsg.txt

And got this in the resulting text file:
Code:
/sbin/sh: su: not found

Will this help? Anything else I should do?

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
OK I tried running the command
Code:
adb shell su -c cat /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops > kmsg.txt

And got this in the resulting text file:
Code:
/sbin/sh: su: not found

Will this help? Anything else I should do?

You need to be rooted, if you're already in recovery all commands are made as root so you don't need su
You should cat to a rw location so you can get the file later, like > /sdcard/kmsg.txt

Part.0

Apr 21, 2016
please post results for r174. is it working? as I am away from pc so haven't do backup, and please tell the needed steps if scripts are needed to flash it properly. thanks!

cktoxin

Jul 18, 2013
Alright, this time I ran the command

Code:
cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/kmsg.txt

Found the kmsg.txt file and it gave me this:
http://pastebin.com/yWUvST0r
Judging from the timestamps it's the correct log. Hope this helps! If anything else is needed please don't hesitate to contact me, looking forward to a working kernel! :good:

Edit: I just realised you put up v174. Will flash and report back. Don't worry, I'll try to provide logs if I can find the time!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DWHxIK

Kernel features: