- Build with Google Clang version 12.0.5 + LLD linker
- Full -O2 build with device and target flags enhanced, build improvements and compiler fixes, etc
- Less is more: stockish OP8 builds based on OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8250 for max stability
- Systemless installer (doesn't touch system partition, OTA friendly), AnyKernel3 backend (compatible with autoflash apps)
- Removed some debug and logging options
- ARM enhanced performance and battery patches
- CVE security patches, general upstream and CAF fixes for important subsystems
- Modded schedutil governor merged from latest CAF sm8250 patchset
- No OC, use 300HZ base timer frequency
- msm_performance touchboost toggle on/off (enabled by default), tweaked cpu_boost driver
- Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default, BBR available), Network tweaks and updated drivers
- Several I/O control tweaks, added schedulers ZEN v2 is default, advanced filesystems enabled (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS, CIFS & NFS)
- ZRAM Swap (LZO-RLE default) and with file disabled, LZ4 and ZSTD are available
- Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control (touchpanel and FPR)
- KGSL fixes and general improvements for GPU driver
- adrenoboost ready (disabled by default)
- Backlight min brightness option
- Gamepad support enabled (xbox, ps4, switch)
- USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
- FS fsync toggle on/off
- Wakelock blockers available
- wireguard support
- CDROM emulation on mass_storage (compatible with DriveDroid 0.10.36+)
- Compatible with Kernel Adiutor, EXKM, FKM and others
Setup and troubleshoot: To install just flash the zip on a stock setup with either TWRP or autoflash kernel app.
If you come from other kernel or have any issues, you should restore your stock boot.img or dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems. Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.
If you are upgrading between blu_spark versions, just flash the kernel zip.
About bugs and reports: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support stock OOS ROM with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). That includes NO support if using xposed, Magisk with added modules, etc.
If you're using custom ROMs (including stock based ones) and OOS Open Betas you're much on your own. I'm mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS.
Also try not to spam the thread with OT. There's threads for all kind of stuff, use them.
Going back to stock: This kernel installer doesn't change your filesystem. You can backup your boot.img with TWRP or kernel app before flashing blu_spark if you want to go back to full stock or just dirty flash your full ROM.
Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/op8
Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free
OnePlus 8 Pro development unit donated by OnePlus. Big shouts to them
Very proud of being on the OnePlus Developer Program, special thanks to dev relations team.