[KERNEL] [blu_spark r105] [A11]

Search This thread

mindyabiznis

Oct 16, 2011
@eng.stk morning mate thanks for the update.

Do I just enable all the "apply on boot" buttons in fkm? Or are they already set.

I only ask because minimum CPU Freq. Was set to 652 and 576 respectively not 300.

Last edited:

mindyabiznis

Oct 16, 2011
Just wondering if this works with advanced charging controller magisk module, I've tested the switches that stop and resume charging at a set % but it reported none of them work.

Have also tried setting it up and seeing if it works but it does not

Meth0d

Jan 3, 2008
Just wondering if this works with advanced charging controller magisk module, I've tested the switches that stop and resume charging at a set % but it reported none of them work.

advanced charging controller used to work with this kernel some builds ago, but stopped recently.
I am not 100% sure if it is android security patch related or just kernel related.
I have tried a lot of acca builds but can't get it to work.
Guess I'll have to wear down my battery now :/

Reactions: mindyabiznis

mindyabiznis

Oct 16, 2011
advanced charging controller used to work with this kernel some builds ago, but stopped recently.
I am not 100% sure if it is android security patch related or just kernel related.
Yeah, see normally I'm not too concerned but I was planning on keeping this phone for a few years so wanted to get the most out of the battery.

Besides that, all I can do now is use a 1amp charger for overnight charging in the hope of low amps and temp adding whatever it can to the lifetime of the battery.

Last edited:

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
Charging is totally stock, I never had anything related to that in the kernel.
Google already has inteligent charging stuff in place.
Now if you don't really want wear ont he battery, don't use fast charge.
High power and temperature are the main issues there.

Meth0d

Jan 3, 2008
Well the google stuff is not intelligent at all, it's better then nothing but far from acc.
Yes using low currents is important but more so to not fully charge 100% every time.
Also acc can pause to keep ur temps down.

I have no idear what's causing acc to not work anymore, i can just say it stopped one or two month ago and i didn't change anything besides updating kernel, store apps and the android security patches ofc.

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
Well the google stuff is not intelligent at all, it's better then nothing but far from acc.
Yes using low currents is important but more so to not fully charge 100% every time.
Also acc can pause to keep ur temps down.

I have no idear what's causing acc to not work anymore, i can just say it stopped one or two month ago and i didn't change anything besides updating kernel, store apps and the android security patches ofc.
Google stuff is more than enough, specially for people that charge overnight. It learns your habits and doses and cuts off when needed.
Temperature measures and protections have been in place since decades, nothing new.
Even if you have all the cares in the world, batteries go bye bye in a couple years, depending in charge cycles and how much and how fast current has been pushed to it, because of chemical deplition. Temperatures agravate it.
Batteries have not the fully capacity available beforehand and having a small current charging to 100 (which is almost zero) will not have neither the doom (on) or the miracle (off) thay people imagine.
I have devices with all that crap available and I don't notice anything very different from ones that don't.
As long you don't keep your device pluged in for months in a row and you allow normal charge and discharge cycles, battery will last fine.
I'll use whatever is in stock kernel and there's no changes from Google on it that I know off.

mindyabiznis

Oct 16, 2011
Google stuff is more than enough, specially for people that charge overnight. It learns your habits and doses and cuts off when needed.
Temperature measures and protections have been in place since decades, nothing new.
Even if you have all the cares in the world, batteries go bye bye in a couple years, depending in charge cycles and how much and how fast current has been pushed to it, because of chemical deplition. Temperatures agravate it.
Batteries have not the fully capacity available beforehand and having a small current charging to 100 (which is almost zero) will not have neither the doom (on) or the miracle (off) thay people imagine.
I have devices with all that crap available and I don't notice anything very different from ones that don't.
As long you don't keep your device pluged in for months in a row and you allow normal charge and discharge cycles, battery will last fine.
I'll use whatever is in stock kernel and there's no changes from Google on it that I know off.
Does this Google optimised stuff carry over into custom roms like LOS? I know the adaptive charging isn't ported.

buckket

May 11, 2021

Just wanted to let you know that it’s working fine on my Pixel 4a.

I'm using:
Magisk 22.1
ACC v2020.10.15
r97 Kernel

Charging switch is:
/sys/kernel/debug/google_charger/chg_suspend 0 1

Last edited:
Reactions: mindyabiznis

mindyabiznis

Oct 16, 2011
Just wanted to let you know that it’s working fine on my Pixel 4a.

I'm using:
Magisk 22.1
ACC v2020.10.15
r97 Kernel

Charging switch is:
/sys/kernel/debug/google_charger
Ah man you're a superstar thanks for letting me know.

EDIT: so I've put that switch in as a custom switch with values 0 and 1 but it's still charging way past the % I set. I'm using the AccA interface as it's easier than terminal. Are you using the same setup?

And I cannot seem to see the v2020.10.15 in the list all there is available is 10.28 10.24 10.8 and 10.1 in the v2020 list.

2nd edit: so I managed to get it semi working with v2020.10.24 problem is it stops charging at set % and then maybe 10-15 seconds later it starts again at low ma like 400ma then pops up to 1000ma and then stops again and just repeats over and over, so it is working, kind of but with that stopping and starting the % slowly goes above what I set it too.

I don't suppose you could post screenshots of exactly what you have setup that works for you could you?

Last edited:

buckket

May 11, 2021
Ah man you're a superstar thanks for letting me know.

EDIT: so I've put that switch in as a custom switch with values 0 and 1 but it's still charging way past the % I set. I'm using the AccA interface as it's easier than terminal. Are you using the same setup?

And I cannot seem to see the v2020.10.15 in the list all there is available is 10.28 10.24 10.8 and 10.1 in the v2020 list.

2nd edit: so I managed to get it semi working with v2020.10.24 problem is it stops charging at set % and then maybe 10-15 seconds later it starts again at low ma like 400ma then pops up to 1000ma and then stops again and just repeats over and over, so it is working, kind of but with that stopping and starting the % slowly goes above what I set it too.

I don't suppose you could post screenshots of exactly what you have setup that works for you could you?

I’m using AccA as well which I got from F-Droid, it has the aforementioned ACC version included.

Attachments

• photo_2021-05-14_16-24-02 (3).jpg
    photo_2021-05-14_16-24-02 (3).jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 39
  • photo_2021-05-14_16-24-02 (2).jpg
    photo_2021-05-14_16-24-02 (2).jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 41
  • photo_2021-05-14_16-24-02.jpg
    photo_2021-05-14_16-24-02.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 37
  • photo_2021-05-14_16-27-49.jpg
    photo_2021-05-14_16-27-49.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    blu_spark_r105 release (A11)

New build is up!

You can use FKM download kernel feature, just import the link bellow in the app :highfive:
    FKM download config: HERE

Changelog:
    • Build with Google Clang 12.0.6 + LLD linker
    • Rebase to android-msm-sunfish-4.14-android11-qpr3 (Jun 2021.1)
    • power: smb5: disable debug but leave the sysfs
    • defconfig: enable BBR TCP congestion algo, Disable EDAC
    • Remove some logspam and debug
    • net/wireguard: merge v1.0.20210606
    • AnyKernel3 updates sync
    • For root, stable Magisk 23.0 or newer is mandatory

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including stock based ones).
    I am mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock ROM (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).

No mirrors please
    Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free :)
    Is this compatible with lineage os 18.1?
    Yep, running it atm 👍
    DWHxIK

Kernel features:
    • Build with Google Clang version 12.0.6 + LLD linker
    • Full -O2 build with device and target flags enhanced, build improvements and compiler fixes, etc
    • Less is more: stockish builds based on Google latest sourcedrop for max stability (android-msm-sunfish-4.14-android11-qpr3)
    • Systemless installer (doesn't touch system partition, OTA friendly), AnyKernel3 backend (compatible with autoflash apps)
    • Removed some debug and logging options
    • Misc ARM performance and battery patches
    • CVE security patches, general upstream and CAF fixes for important subsystems
    • No OC, use 300HZ base timer frequency
    • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default), Network tweaks and updated drivers
    • Some I/O control tweaks, added schedulers ZEN v2 is default, advanced filesystems enabled (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS, CIFS & NFS)
    • ZRAM Swap (LZO-RLE default, ZSTD available)
    • Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control (touchpanel and FPR)
    • KGSL fixes and general improvements for GPU driver
    • adrenoboost ready (disabled by default)
    • KCAL - Advanced color control for Qualcomm MDSS v2 (RGB calibration and post-processing features)
    • KLAPSE support (v5.0)
    • Backlight min brightness and HBM option
    • Gamepad support enabled (xbox, ps4, switch)
    • USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
    • FS fsync toggle on/off
    • Wakelock blockers available
    • TWRP Support(LZMA/LZ4 Ramdisk)
    • wireguard support
    • Compatible with EXKM, FKM , Kernel Adiutor and others

DOWNLOAD KERNEL ZIP
    FKM download configs: HERE
    (No mirrors please)​

Setup and troubleshoot: To install just flash the zip on a stock setup with either TWRP or autoflash kernel app.
    If you come from other kernel or have any issues, you should restore your stock boot.img or dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems. Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.
    If you are upgrading between blu_spark versions, just flash the kernel zip.

About bugs and reports: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support stock ROM with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). That includes NO support if using xposed, Magisk with added modules, etc.
    If you're using custom ROMs (including stock based ones) you're much on your own. I'm mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable ROM.
    Also try not to spam the thread with OT. There's threads for all kind of stuff, use them.

Going back to stock: This kernel installer doesn't change your filesystem. You can backup your boot.img with TWRP or kernel app before flashing blu_spark if you want to go back to full stock or just dirty flash your full ROM.

Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/pxl4a
    Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free ;)
    blu_spark_r72 release (A11)

New build is up!

You can use FKM download kernel feature, just import the link bellow in the app :highfive:

Changelog:
    • Build with Google Clang 12.0.2 + LLD linker
    • msm: kgsl: Correctly clean up dma buffer attachment in case of error (ASB 2021.02)
    • drivers: staging: qcacld-3.0: Merge android-msm-pixel-4.14-rvc-qpr1
    • techpack: audio: Merge android-msm-pixel-4.14-rvc-qpr1
    • Revert "dma-buf/sync_file: Remove debug names from sync data structures"
    • Revert "msm: kgsl: Remove sync fence names"
    • f2fs: Fix deadlock between f2fs_quota_sync and block_operation
    • Wireguard updates (v1.0.20210124)
    • AnyKernel3 sync
    • For root, stable Magisk 21.4 or newer is mandatory

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including stock based ones).
    I am mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock ROM (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).

No mirrors please
    blu_spark_r63 release (A11)

New build is up!

Changelog:
    • Build with Google Clang 12.0.1 + LLD linker
    • Merge Google 21.01 updates
    • input: touchscreen: fts_touch: Make heatmap optional
    • defconfig: enable RELR, disable touchscreen heatmap
    • f2fs: set ioprio of GC kthread to idle, Demote GC thread to idle scheduler class
    • Added some build changes/improvements
    • Remove a couple logging and debug cruft
    • wireguard updates, added to tree (v1.0.20201221)
    • AnyKernel3 sync
    • Latest Magisk v21.2 mandatory for root in A11 (beta atm)

No mirrors please
    If you like my work, donations are always welcome.
    Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free :)
    blu_spark_r86 release (A11)

New build is up!

Changelog:
    • Build with Google Clang 12.0.4 + LLD linker
    • Merge branch android-msm-sunfish-4.14-android11-qpr2 (Apr 2021.1)
    • BACKPORT: GKI: hwtracing: Add a driver for disabling coresight clocks (backport from Pixel 5, less idle draw)
    • Revert "f2fs: Fix deadlock between f2fs_quota_sync and block_operation"
    • f2fs: shrink node_write lock coverage
    • Revert "kbuild: disable clang's default use of -fmerge-all-constants"
    • techpack: data: don't build emac-dwc-eqos
    • Remove some logspam
    • defconfig: enable ZSTD, disable UBSAN (cross fingers DAC guys :))
    • AnyKernel3 sync
    • For root, stable Magisk 22.0 or newer is mandatory

No mirrors please
    blu_spark_r78 release (A11)

New build is up!

Changelog:
    • Build with Google Clang 12.0.3 + LLD linker
    • Rebase kernel tree and update vendor drivers to android-msm-pixel-4.14-rvc-qpr2 (Mar 2021.1)
    • defconfig: sync with Mar 2021.1
    • Wireguard updates (v1.0.20210219)
    • AnyKernel3 sync
    • For root, stable Magisk 22.0 or newer is mandatory

No mirrors please
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone