[KERNEL] [blu_spark r110 OP8/Pro/T] [A11 OOS]

Search This thread

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
@eng.stk , I just wanted to say thank you for your excellent work here. I'm a bit late in finding your kernel for the 8T, but better late than never. I'm still getting used to the new XDA app, and finally remembered/found the "cross device development" thread. The 8T hasn't had a wealth of dedicated development as of yet (though that's understandable), but I've finally found stuff that works for the 8T. So far I've tested out 3 custom kernels for the 8T, and as is right now, I can say with confidence that your kernel has proven to be the best...at least in my experience, for my specific needs. I don't want/need a kernel with f**k-tons of additional features...I just need something that performs well, while still maintaining good battery life, and you have provided exactly that. Actually, my idle drain has been surprisingly low, even compared to Radioactive Kernel (which has also proven great). So yeah... thank you for all you've done here! I hope you feel the gratitude from the community here, as a whole. With that, I shall stop rambling. Cheers you you! 🥂🍻
Thanks man, enjoy!

I release for the 3 devices (8/Pro/T) since it's unified, so stuff should be rolling nicely :)

Reactions: spaziomilano

Zackptg5

Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2014
zackptg5.com
Nokia 2.1
Google Pixel 4a
Thanks man, enjoy!

I release for the 3 devices (8/Pro/T) since it's unified, so stuff should be rolling nicely :)
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have a bug report for you. Whenever I try to cast to my roku, my phone locks up and hard restarts. I am running magisk (tried beta and latest canary) but I also tried using stock kernel and elementalx and this problem didn't occur.
I attempted to get a logcat but I'm not seeing any catastrophic crashes in it

Attachments

• log.log
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: osm0sis and eng.stk

saar17

Aug 4, 2011
OnePlus 8T
Hello, Im not 100 percent sure that is because of the kernel but im 90 sure. My phone has from time to time (not in short intervals) stuck for a few second, and now it is the first time that I tried to play COD mobile and the phone keep existing the game...

Is there some setting I can change in order to prevent it? Im running 8T and r82

thanks

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have a bug report for you. Whenever I try to cast to my roku, my phone locks up and hard restarts. I am running magisk (tried beta and latest canary) but I also tried using stock kernel and elementalx and this problem didn't occur.
I attempted to get a logcat but I'm not seeing any catastrophic crashes in it
What I need is a dmesg, but I cast daily to my chromecast with youtube and other third party apps, never had any hiccups.
edit: magisk v21.4
edit 2: I suspect maybe some edge cases could arise from the wireguard backports from native 5.4.

Last edited:
Reactions: osm0sis

Zackptg5

Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2014
zackptg5.com
Nokia 2.1
Google Pixel 4a
What I need is a dmesg, but I cast daily to my chromecast with youtube and other third party apps, never had any hiccups.
edit: magisk v21.4
edit 2: I suspect maybe some edge cases could arise from the wireguard backports from native 5.4.
When I say magisk beta, I mean 21.4
So I have wireguard and such installed but do not have it active during this. On latest canary (21406) with this log, magisk 21.4 has some kind of sepolicy bug which is why I'm on canary (but as I said, elementalx and stock kernels are fine with it). Took me a few minutes to figure out how to grab the dmesg at the time it crashed, ended up adb logcat -b all to grab it but the kernel panic is at the end. Phone completely locks up and hard resets so looks like even the logging got cut off at the end there but hopefully it's enough

Attachments

• log.log
    15 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
When I say magisk beta, I mean 21.4
So I have wireguard and such installed but do not have it active during this. On latest canary (21406) with this log, magisk 21.4 has some kind of sepolicy bug which is why I'm on canary (but as I said, elementalx and stock kernels are fine with it). Took me a few minutes to figure out how to grab the dmesg at the time it crashed, ended up adb logcat -b all to grab it but the kernel panic is at the end. Phone completely locks up and hard resets so looks like even the logging got cut off at the end there but hopefully it's enough
Try this 🤞

Attachments

• blu_spark_r83-oos_op8x_218eca94a.zip
    17.6 MB · Views: 18

Zackptg5

Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2014
zackptg5.com
Nokia 2.1
Google Pixel 4a
Still crashes, takes a few seconds longer than before though before the crash occurs

Edit: Thought I remembered it working fine on an older release so went back to see when the regression occurred. Looks like r74 was the last working version so it may have something to do with the backports :/

Attachments

• log.log
    13.8 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: eng.stk

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
Still crashes, takes a few seconds longer than before though before the crash occurs

Edit: Thought I remembered it working fine on an older release so went back to see when the regression occurred. Looks like r74 was the last working version so it may have something to do with the backports :/

So r74 is solid for ya? I'm tackling a couple stuff before start chugging on the backports stuff

Last edited:

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6

Let's see how this one goes

Attachments

• blu_spark_r84-oos_op8x_fee361e39.zip
    17.6 MB · Views: 12

Jon.StatiK

Feb 9, 2010
Kingsport
Anyone seeing issues with Spotify lagging/skipping on screen off? I'm assuming it has something to do with screen off cpu profiles or memory tunables. I don't know my way around kernel setting and was looking for some advice. Any thoughts?

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
blu_spark_r87 release

New build is up (y)

This kernel is tested for the 8 Pro and 8T variants which I have, regular OP8 in OOS 11 is said to be working fine by some users.
You can use FKM download kernel feature, just import the links bellow in the app.
FKM download configs: oos | custom

Changelog:
  • Build with Google Clang 12.0.2 + LLD linker
  • defconfig: sync with stock
  • CAF updates: sched, fs, f2fs
  • Remove a couple logging and debug cruft
  • Revert "dma-buf/sync_file: Remove debug names from sync data structures"
  • Runtime backend update for new Magisk
  • updated wifi stack (custom)
  • AnyKernel3 sync

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
I am mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).

No mirrors please
Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free :)

Last edited:

tohtorin

Jun 22, 2016
Lammi
www.drg.fi
Works normal with Azire it seems.
There's no changes on latest couple builds (otherswise from legacy/backports changes ofc).
Wifi is stock.

Edit. Have to test against other wlans as well. Not sure if it is my wlan gateway.

I can easily reproduce. When connected to wifi and wireguard, ping 1.1.1.1

When pinging, open facebook (its the greatest killer here) and suddenly ping drops and wont reconnect until wifi is turned off / on. Sometimes is stays on longer but always drops. No this kind of behavior when on LTE.

Nothing special on dmesg. Wg just drops.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    blu_spark_r110 release

New build is up (y)

This kernel is tested for the 8 Pro and 8T variants which I have, regular OP8 in OOS 11 is said to be working fine by some users.
    You can use FKM download kernel feature, just import the links bellow in the app.
    FKM download configs: oos

Changelog:
    • Build with Google Clang 12.0.7 + LLD linker (updated)
    • hwtracing: Add entries from kona-coresight (tentative less idle draw)
    • defconfig: enable ld deadcode elimination
    • arm64: Allow LD_DEAD_CODE_DATA_ELIMINATION to be selected
    • arm64: Keep alternative-instruction sections
    • AnyKernel3 updates (v20210721)
    • For root, Magisk v23.0 or newer is mandatory

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
    I am mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).

No mirrors please
    Alright! Not the first time i see someone ranting against butter. Is it that bad? The only bad thing i noticed is that bluetooth was wasting too much battery. Which is a no-no to me.
    You are free to use whatever on your phone. Just don't complain after.
    If you use extras like that, you will get no support from me.
    It's in OP, people should read that before posting on a kernel thread talking about derps when using random crap that promotes ultra performance/infinite battery.
    Tired of this mumbo jumbo, users should know better.
    Good to see you here eng.stk, your kernel is awsome, just replace my OP6T today.
    I have a feature request, can you help to to add battery idle functionality to your custom kernel? I use ACCA to limit my battery since OP6T, it will be useful if the kernel support battery idle.
    It does work with ACCA. Using it for 2 months already.
    Works wonders on op8.
    Went "back" to A11 after some issues on A10, and even though i do like to try different kernels, i somehow always end back to this one. Ty for keeping it updated and always great / fast respons, really do appriciate you're work & time mr. @eng.stk
    Good to see you here eng.stk, your kernel is awsome, just replace my OP6T today.
    I have a feature request, can you help to to add battery idle functionality to your custom kernel? I use ACCA to limit my battery since OP6T, it will be useful if the kernel support battery idle.
    DWHxIK

Kernel features:
    • Build with Google Clang version 12.0.7 + LLD linker
    • Full -O2 build with device and target flags enhanced, build improvements and compiler fixes, etc
    • Less is more: stockish OP8 builds based on OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8250 for max stability
    • Systemless installer (doesn't touch system partition, OTA friendly), AnyKernel3 backend (compatible with autoflash apps)
    • Removed some debug and logging options
    • ARM enhanced performance and battery patches
    • CVE security patches, general upstream and CAF fixes for important subsystems
    • Modded schedutil governor merged from latest CAF sm8250 patchset
    • No OC, use 300HZ base timer frequency
    • msm_performance touchboost toggle on/off (enabled by default), tweaked cpu_boost driver
    • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default, BBR available), Network tweaks and updated drivers
    • Several I/O control tweaks, added schedulers ZEN v2 is default, advanced filesystems enabled (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS, CIFS & NFS)
    • ZRAM Swap (LZO-RLE default) and with file disabled, LZ4 and ZSTD are available
    • Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control (touchpanel and FPR)
    • KGSL fixes and general improvements for GPU driver
    • adrenoboost ready (disabled by default)
    • Backlight min brightness option
    • Gamepad support enabled (xbox, ps4, switch)
    • USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
    • FS fsync toggle on/off
    • Wakelock blockers available
    • wireguard support
    • CDROM emulation on mass_storage (compatible with DriveDroid 0.10.36+)
    • Compatible with Kernel Adiutor, EXKM, FKM and others

DOWNLOAD KERNEL ZIP
    FKM download configs: oos | custom
    (No mirrors please)​

Setup and troubleshoot: To install just flash the zip on a stock setup with either TWRP or autoflash kernel app.
    If you come from other kernel or have any issues, you should restore your stock boot.img or dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems. Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.
    If you are upgrading between blu_spark versions, just flash the kernel zip.

About bugs and reports: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support stock OOS ROM with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). That includes NO support if using xposed, Magisk with added modules, etc.
    If you're using custom ROMs (including stock based ones) and OOS Open Betas you're much on your own. I'm mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS.
    Also try not to spam the thread with OT. There's threads for all kind of stuff, use them.

Going back to stock: This kernel installer doesn't change your filesystem. You can backup your boot.img with TWRP or kernel app before flashing blu_spark if you want to go back to full stock or just dirty flash your full ROM.

Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/op8
    Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free ;)

OnePlus 8 Pro development unit donated by OnePlus. Big shouts to them :)
    Very proud of being on the OnePlus Developer Program, special thanks to dev relations team.
    blu_spark_r109 release

New build is up (y)

Changelog:
    • Build with Google Clang 12.0.7 + LLD linker
    • Add some build improvements
    • Silence a couple logging and debug
    • wireguard updates (v1.0.20210606)
    • AnyKernel3 updates sync

No mirrors please
    blu_spark_r110 release

New build is up (y)

Changelog:
    • Build with Google Clang 12.0.7 + LLD linker (updated)
    • hwtracing: Add entries from kona-coresight (tentative less idle draw)
    • defconfig: enable ld deadcode elimination
    • arm64: Allow LD_DEAD_CODE_DATA_ELIMINATION to be selected
    • arm64: Keep alternative-instruction sections
    • AnyKernel3 updates (v20210721)

No mirrors please
    blu_spark_r101 release

New build is up (y)

Changelog:
    • Revert "fs: exfat: sync with v5.8-1arter97"
    • defconfig: disable IKHEADERS
    • Remove some logspam and debug
    • net/wireguard: merge v1.0.20210424
    • AnyKernel3 updates sync
    • For root, Magisk v22.1 or newer is mandatory

No mirrors please
    blu_spark_r94 release

New build is up (y)

Changelog:
    • Build with Google Clang 12.0.4 + LLD linker
    • BACKPORT: lib/lzo: implement run-length encoding (zram default now, better compress/speed ratio)
    • BACKPORT: GKI: hwtracing: Add a driver for disabling coresight clocks (backport from Pixel 5, less idle draw)
    • BACKPORT: lz4: fix kernel decompression speed
    • A couple of build improvements
    • Further disable audit
    • defconfig: enable ZSTD
    • Remove some logspam
    • AnyKernel3 sync
    • For root, Magisk v22.1 or newer is mandatory

No mirrors please