• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL] [blu_spark r128] [A11/A12]

Search This thread

jachu76

Jan 26, 2021
I have android 12 beta, do i need to unlock the bootloader?
I've never installed a kernel and I don't know where to start

I unlocked, how do I upload the kernel now?
Now that your boorloader is unlocked, you need to root with magisk.
Pull the boot.img from your firmware(use the latest google firmware) and place it on your phone. In Magisk select install and then select and patch a file. Pick your boot.img and press lets go. After its done, take the magisk_patchedxxxxxx.img and transfer it to your PC. On yor PC, open a command window and type adb reboot bootloader. Now at the bootloader screen type fastboot flash boot magisk_patchedxxxxx.img --slot all. When finished press start on the phone.
When booted up, Open the FKM app and go to the Custom Kernel Config and add this url https://raw.githubusercontent.com/engstk/kernelfkm/master/updater_pxl4a.json
Then click Flash.
Profit!
Hit the thank you!

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
Sure we can try to enable it, keep in mind some further stuff may be needed to get it working, on OnePlus devices there's plenty going on for HDMI/DP/USB-C ext display stuff.
Queued for next release, I don't have any adapters so I can't test meanwhile.

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
Well after diving in a little bit more into this, seems like people already tried it on PIxel 4 and others to no avail. I bet 4a would be just the same.

Either:
1. Like I said earlier, HDMI/DP/USB-C ext display stuff is missing and it's too much hassle to make it work
2. It's blocked via proprietary QC firmware (most likely)

Like I suspected, probably won't be as easy as just changing a property in dts.

tablord

Mar 21, 2012
Well after diving in a little bit more into this, seems like people already tried it on PIxel 4 and others to no avail. I bet 4a would be just the same.

Either:
1. Like I said earlier, HDMI/DP/USB-C ext display stuff is missing and it's too much hassle to make it work
2. It's blocked via proprietary QC firmware (most likely)

Like I suspected, probably won't be as easy as just changing a property in dts.
Thanks for putting some time into this. You are right, it is not that easy to achieve. I tried HolyDragon's Kernel with that said property changed but to no avail. Can you point me to the discussions or forum where people tried to make it work?

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
Thanks for putting some time into this. You are right, it is not that easy to achieve. I tried HolyDragon's Kernel with that said property changed but to no avail. Can you point me to the discussions or forum where people tried to make it work?
A simple google search will get you some results in different olaces and plattforms, including xda.

I'm pretty sure that stuff is disabled via firmware proprietary blobs.

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
blu_spark_r127 (A12)

New build is up for A12 stable!

You can use FKM download kernel feature, just import the link bellow in the app :highfive:
FKM download config: HERE

Changelog:
  • Build with Google Clang 13.0.3 + LLD linker
  • Based from android-msm-sunfish-4.14-android12 (Oct 2021.1, same as of beta-5 tree)
  • Remove some logspam
  • AnyKernel3 updates (v20211018)
  • For root, stable Magisk 23.0 or newer is mandatory

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including stock based ones).
I am mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock ROM (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).

No mirrors please
Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free :)

Meth0d

Jan 3, 2008
I am currently on r118 with android RQ3A.211001.001

The FKM Flasher tells me that it's an unsupported version.
What version do I need?

Meth0d

Jan 3, 2008
Update: I was not aware that A12 was rolled out for pixel already ... I guess you don't support A11 anymore.

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
blu_spark_r128 (A12)

New build is up for A12 stable!

You can use FKM download kernel feature, just import the link bellow in the app :highfive:

Changelog:
  • Build with Google Clang 13.0.3 + LLD linker
  • Merge branch android-msm-sunfish-4.14-android12 (android-12.0.0_r0.13) (Nov 2021.1)

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including stock based ones).
I am mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock ROM (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).

No mirrors please

cnutz

Jan 19, 2011
Hi, I'm on stock A12 rooted/EX Kernel Manager. Has anybody experienced reboots with this kernel ?
I had reboots twice just doing nothing. Looking at my phone it began to reboot.
Any ideas?
Now, couple days later no more reboots that I can report.

Last edited:

davilanxon

Nov 21, 2017
Hi, I'm on stock A12 rooted/EX Kernel Manager. Has anybody experienced reboots with this kernel ?
Any ideas?
Yes, the same for me, sometimes it reboots but only when I have it in the pocket or I am not using it. Maybe a day happens once, other days not...

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
Any ideas?

Yes, the same for me, sometimes it reboots but only when I have it in the pocket or I am not using it. Maybe a day happens once, other days not...

It happens also with stock even when A12 betas came out.
I'm convinced is something derping because of hw spoof root hiding stuff.
You will have no logs in /sys/fs/pstore, because orobably isn't kernek related, if you have get me thode so I can take a look at any errors.

Reactions: cnutz

gulafaran

May 13, 2012
You will have no logs in /sys/fs/pstore, because orobably isn't kernek related, if you have get me thode so I can take a look at any errors.
yeah doesnt look like there are any logs there, so probably not kernel related.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any ideas?

DWHxIK

Kernel features:
    • Build with Google Clang version 13.0.3 + LLD linker
    • Full -O2 build with device and target flags enhanced, build improvements and compiler fixes, etc
    • Less is more: stockish builds based on Google latest sourcedrop for max stability (android-msm-sunfish-4.14-android12)
    • Systemless installer (doesn't touch system partition, OTA friendly), AnyKernel3 backend (compatible with autoflash apps)
    • Removed some debug and logging options
    • Misc ARM performance and battery patches
    • CVE security patches, general upstream and CAF fixes for important subsystems
    • No OC, use 300HZ base timer frequency
    • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default), Network tweaks and updated drivers
    • Some I/O control tweaks, added schedulers ZEN v2 is default, advanced filesystems enabled (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS, CIFS & NFS)
    • ZRAM Swap (LZO-RLE default, ZSTD available)
    • Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control (touchpanel and FPR)
    • KGSL fixes and general improvements for GPU driver
    • adrenoboost ready (disabled by default)
    • KCAL - Advanced color control for Qualcomm MDSS v2 (RGB calibration and post-processing features)
    • KLAPSE support (v5.0)
    • Backlight min brightness and HBM option
    • Gamepad support enabled (xbox, ps4, switch)
    • USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
    • FS fsync toggle on/off
    • Wakelock blockers available
    • TWRP Support(LZMA/LZ4 Ramdisk)
    • wireguard support
    • Compatible with EXKM, FKM , Kernel Adiutor and others

DOWNLOAD KERNEL ZIP
    FKM download configs: HERE
    (No mirrors please)​

Setup and troubleshoot: To install just flash the zip on a stock setup with either TWRP or autoflash kernel app.
    If you come from other kernel or have any issues, you should restore your stock boot.img or dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems. Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.
    If you are upgrading between blu_spark versions, just flash the kernel zip.

About bugs and reports: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support stock ROM with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). That includes NO support if using xposed, Magisk with added modules, etc.
    If you're using custom ROMs (including stock based ones) you're much on your own. I'm mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable ROM.
    Also try not to spam the thread with OT. There's threads for all kind of stuff, use them.

Going back to stock: This kernel installer doesn't change your filesystem. You can backup your boot.img with TWRP or kernel app before flashing blu_spark if you want to go back to full stock or just dirty flash your full ROM.

Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/pxl4a
    Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free ;)
    blu_spark_r72 release (A11)

New build is up!

Changelog:
    • Build with Google Clang 12.0.2 + LLD linker
    • msm: kgsl: Correctly clean up dma buffer attachment in case of error (ASB 2021.02)
    • drivers: staging: qcacld-3.0: Merge android-msm-pixel-4.14-rvc-qpr1
    • techpack: audio: Merge android-msm-pixel-4.14-rvc-qpr1
    • Revert "dma-buf/sync_file: Remove debug names from sync data structures"
    • Revert "msm: kgsl: Remove sync fence names"
    • f2fs: Fix deadlock between f2fs_quota_sync and block_operation
    • Wireguard updates (v1.0.20210124)
    • AnyKernel3 sync
    • For root, stable Magisk 21.4 or newer is mandatory

No mirrors please
    blu_spark_r63 release (A11)

New build is up!

Changelog:
    • Build with Google Clang 12.0.1 + LLD linker
    • Merge Google 21.01 updates
    • input: touchscreen: fts_touch: Make heatmap optional
    • defconfig: enable RELR, disable touchscreen heatmap
    • f2fs: set ioprio of GC kthread to idle, Demote GC thread to idle scheduler class
    • Added some build changes/improvements
    • Remove a couple logging and debug cruft
    • wireguard updates, added to tree (v1.0.20201221)
    • AnyKernel3 sync
    • Latest Magisk v21.2 mandatory for root in A11 (beta atm)

No mirrors please
    If you like my work, donations are always welcome.
    Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free :)
    blu_spark_r105 release (A11)

New build is up!

Changelog:
    • Build with Google Clang 12.0.6 + LLD linker
    • Rebase to android-msm-sunfish-4.14-android11-qpr3 (Jun 2021.1)
    • power: smb5: disable debug but leave the sysfs
    • defconfig: enable BBR TCP congestion algo, Disable EDAC
    • Remove some logspam and debug
    • net/wireguard: merge v1.0.20210606
    • AnyKernel3 updates sync

No mirrors please
    blu_spark_r114 release (A11)

New build is up!

Changelog:
    • Build with Google Clang 13.0.1 + LLD linker
    • Add 4 build improvements
    • Remove some debug and logspam
    • lzo and lz4 updates
    • zram fixes

No mirrors please