[KERNEL] [blu_spark r131 OP7/T/Pro] [A10 OOS /Custom]

kallekula33

Dec 12, 2008
Fesröv
Thanks for your help.
What I find weird is that idle drain is 0.57/h but SOT is average and my usage doesn't include heavy tasks (all I do is use telegram whatsapp google chrome sometimes youtube and phone calls) as you can see it's nothing much, people with the same usage report 7 to 8 hours some get to 9 and I only get 4 can't even reach 5 😂
Yesterday I started playing with governors and set them to conservative, right now I'm in the middle of testing them so I hope they improve something we'll see.
I rarely see SOT above 5h, perhaps 6h at the max. These 8-9 SOT people talk about I have never seen myself. Just like you, I'm not a heavy user. Chrome browsing, Viber, WhatsApp and occasional YouTube, that's it. For a while I thought my phone had hw issues. After a while I didn't care anymore. Luckily the Warp charge will do it's job and charge the phone fast enough.

moudy75799

Dec 12, 2014
I rarely see SOT above 5h, perhaps 6h at the max. These 8-9 SOT people talk about I have never seen myself. Just like you, I'm not a heavy user. Chrome browsing, Viber, WhatsApp and occasional YouTube, that's it. For a while I thought my phone had hw issues. After a while I didn't care anymore. Luckily the Warp charge will do it's job and charge the phone fast enough.
Yeah the wrap charge is what's keeping me from going mad xD. I too thought I got a faulty unit, but I think I will ignore the SOT for now.

cowgaR

Oct 25, 2010
Londinium
Marry Christmas EVERYONE and thanks eng.stk for CUSTOM ROM support!

Has anyone tried this kernel (custom version) with OP7T Pro and LineageOS 17.1?

eng.stk stated couple of times no support is provided for custom ROMs. I can take a risk but I wonder if at least the kernel/device commits in LOS 17.1 (mostly by Luke) for OP7T Pro are merged, otherwise I might risk non functional LOS on my device.

Thank you

Reactions: eng.stk

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Marry Christmas EVERYONE and thanks eng.stk for CUSTOM ROM support!

Has anyone tried this kernel (custom version) with OP7T Pro and LineageOS 17.1?

eng.stk stated couple of times no support is provided for custom ROMs. I can take a risk but I wonder if at least the kernel/device commits in LOS 17.1 (mostly by Luke) for OP7T Pro are merged, otherwise I might risk non functional LOS on my device.

Thank you
Merry Christmas 😀

I track LOS usually, so should be all in.

Reactions: EVOLw and cowgaR

cowgaR

Oct 25, 2010
Londinium
You don't flash kernels in recovery - you use FKM or EX kernel manager etc. - pretty sure the OP tells you that too.
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the point of flashing magisk (to gain root) in recovery, and not flashing kernel once you are there as well (and install application to do it instead) ?

The point of flashing kernel via custom recoveries is they do not require root, which is a requirement for kernel apps like FKM or others. I understand that once you're rooted this is different story (if you also prefer tweak kernel settings), but root tends to break thing or two sometimes.

murti52

Oct 21, 2013
Navi Mumbai
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the point of flashing magisk (to gain root) in recovery, and not flashing kernel once you are there as well (and install application to do it instead) ?

The point of flashing kernel via custom recoveries is they do not require root, which is a requirement for kernel apps like FKM or others. I understand that once you're rooted this is different story (if you also prefer tweak kernel settings), but root tends to break thing or two sometimes.

Yeah.. flashing the kernel through TWRP is totally fine.. because i always do that.. as soon as i format my phone, i flash kernel with TWRP.

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
blu_spark_r127 release

New build is up :highfive:

This kernel is unified, good to go on OP7/T/Pro (I only can test on Pro's).
You can now use FKM download kernel feature, just import the links bellow in the app :highfive:
FKM download configs: oos | custom

Changelog:
  • Added some build changes/improvements
  • Remove a couple logging and debug cruft
  • f2fs: set ioprio of GC kthread to idle, Demote GC thread to idle scheduler class
  • wireguard updates, added to tree (v1.0.20201221)
  • AnyKernel3 sync
  • For root, stable Magisk 21.3 or newer is mandatory

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
I am mostly interested on debugging stuff in stock stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).

No mirrors please
If you like my work, donations are always welcome.
Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free :)

Last edited:

Psfanboy88

Oct 6, 2012
Thanks for the new Version. I currently have the problem that my phone stays in the unlocked bootloader screen at boot for a very long time before booting. Could this be kernel related? Its much longer than before.

Also when i unlock with the fingerprint sensor I can see how all the icons pop in (not at once). Its not as smooth as it was before. Feels like the phone couldnt catch up after unlocking.

Last edited:

quini2k

Apr 5, 2011
Sant Antoni de Portmany
Thanks for the new Version. I currently have the problem that my phone stays in the unlocked bootloader screen at boot for a very long time before booting. Could this be kernel related? Its much longer than before.

Also when i unlock with the fingerprint sensor I can see how all the icons pop in (not at once). Its not as smooth as it was before. Feels like the phone couldnt catch up after unlocking.
No such problem here (OP7)

Reactions: eng.stk